*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Got a ticket for this one and way too overexcited to see how our new team does. Maybe expectations are lower after tonight, but the fact we're away from home and still gelling is balanced out a bit by Raith's honking start.

I'll go 2-0, Lafferty to get one and one of the new guys with the other. I expect two or three changes, but Naismith is the only one I'd be banking on seeing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

I think it will be another good performance but we'll get our rub of the green in this one. Also Naisy being back can only be good.

3-0, Lafferty with a double and another 18 yard+ raker from Olly.

Would expect a couple changes for this one..

naismith and maybe Uche (depending on macleans fitness )

prob one if not both wingbacks changed

whatever team we play I’m sure Levein will ensure boys get the job done..

Any win will do. It will be nice to see the new lads get on the score sheet again and a Lafferty hat trick. Not too much to ask is it? :laugh:

Good record against a team that has been struggling of late .. normally a recipie for disaster when it comes to Hearts but I’ll go with a 2-0 win for us. 

Ryan Jarman

Hopefully we won't need Martin to rescue us from the penalty spot this year...

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Another shite plastic pitch as well ?

Being played on grass at East Fife

I think similar to last night. Dominance but a narrow victory.

We will need to be more clinical though as Raith are much better than Cove Rangers.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

East Fife installed a 3g pitch last year.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

East Fife installed a 3g pitch last year.

Looks like everyone is doing it

Grass will be unusual in lower leagues soon 

KineticBeat

I reckon we will see Uche, Garuccio, Naismith and Smith come in for Mulraney, Morrison, Burns and McLean Depending on fitness etc.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Barack said:

23 shots on goal last night. No more of that kind of thing please, Hearts.

Insipid, ground out 1 nil win, will do nicely. Ta.

how was your bath last night by the way

Currently in Greece, get back late Friday night, purchased a ticket online, just realised can’t get a direct train to Methil from Haymarket on Saturday,  anyone suggest the best way to get there?

Thanks in Advance 

Just now, jbee647 said:

Currently in Greece, get back late Friday night, purchased a ticket online, just realised can’t get a direct train to Methil from Haymarket on Saturday,  anyone suggest the best way to get there?

Thanks in Advance 

Maybe train to Kirkcaldy then the X58 bus to Methil. They leave at half past the hour from the bus station and take about 25mins to Methil. Think a Fife day rider costs about 7 quid but not 100% sure on that.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like everyone is doing it

Grass will be unusual in lower leagues soon 

Yeah. Raith are spending £700k on their new pitch. :o

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah. Raith are spending £700k on their new pitch. :o

Seriously hating this trend of smaller Scottish clubs investing in pure artificial surfaces.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Seriously hating this trend of smaller Scottish clubs investing in pure artificial surfaces.

Grassroots football eh?

1 hour ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Hopefully we won't need Martin to rescue us from the penalty spot this year...

Don’t worry. We won’t see that imposter in a Hearts shirt again.

58 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Thanks in Advance 

Mate, what I’ve done before is get the train to Markinch from Haymarket/Waverley (45 mins) and then get a fast black from there to Methil. It’s only 5 miles or so from there. Simple. Plenty fast blacks sitting at the station last time I was there. Enjoy the rest of your hol. The say Methil is the Greece of Fife........::troll::

Fxxx the SPFL
48 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Mate, what I’ve done before is get the train to Markinch from Haymarket/Waverley (45 mins) and then get a fast black from there to Methil. It’s only 5 miles or so from there. Simple. Plenty fast blacks sitting at the station last time I was there. Enjoy the rest of your hol. The say Methil is the Greece of Fife........::troll::

i was going Kirkcaldy and either fast black or the number 7 bus

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Barack said:

I feel at least one year younger today.

Need to find a way of incorporating the soft, bubbly feeling of a good soak with the passion of watching Hearts

image.png.67dcb75d4765d1838e53bdd17e54439d.png

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

my ticket was £15 how are Raith getting theirs for £10 i know they are technically the home team but i thought you couldn't charge away fans more unless you sold some at the same price i.e. £15

silly me that was for their Cowdenbeath match need specs i think

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

smartin1987

Anyone looking for tickets for Saturdays game they have them if you phone raith for hearts end. 

3 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Think Markinch will be closer than Kirkcaldy Ray, but you’ve got a bus pass so there’s more likely to be a regular bus service from Kirkcaldy to Methil than Markinch I would assume. If your fast blacking it though I’d get off the train at Markinch. HHGH.

4 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

The X58 will be quicker than the 7 but I know you old uns love the scenic routes on the buses. 

You get them both at the bus station or the stop along from the train station (opposite the nursing home).

...a bit disco
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The X58 will be quicker than the 7 but I know you old uns love the scenic routes on the buses. 

You get them both at the bus station or the stop along from the train station (opposite the nursing home).

I'll be doing bus from Edinburgh then onwards from Kirkcaldy.

My wife's got a concessionary bus pass so I'll only pay to Methil. £6.80 Fife daysaver felly.

With not knowing our 'punishment', we really need to go out and win this game with a few goals to spare just in case.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

With not knowing our 'punishment', we really need to go out and win this game with a few goals to spare just in case.

Without trying to be smart should we not be doing that anyway?

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Without trying to be smart should we not be doing that anyway?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Just sometimes we like to go 1 or 2 up and take foot off the gas.

Well hopefully now that CL has brought in all "his own" signings there can be no excuses for not trying to win games away from home especillay against lower league opposition.

mainstandjambo

According to CL at his media conference this morning Steven McLean will not play tomorrow on the astro surface. Uche is also a doubt as he had a tight groin after Cove game. Harry Cochrane played last night but has picked up another knock on his ankle and is currently a bit behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness due to combination of illness and injury. Cowie and Djoum are currently both back running and are expected to be back in training in next couple of weeks.

Captain Canada

I'd go for this starting lineup: 

Bobby

Souttar Haring Berra

Morrison           Garuccio

Bozanic      Lee 

Naismith 

Lafferty          Keena       

Subs: Doyle, Currie, Edwards, Hughes, M. Smith, Mulraney, Burns     

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 19/07/2018 at 11:38, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Racist.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd go for this starting lineup: 

Bobby

Souttar Haring Berra

Morrison           Garuccio

Bozanic      Lee 

Naismith 

Lafferty          Keena       

Subs: Doyle, Currie, Edwards, Hughes, M. Smith, Mulraney, Burns     

Think doyle will start but good looking team.

Anybody get the feeling, if we hump Raith, it might have an effect on the SPFL decision to make sure we go no further

Dont trust the fookrrs 

Cruyff Turn

With a potential deduction on the cards it's probably thrown CL's plans to rotate the squad a bit up in the air. The

Possibly:

Doyle in for Zlamal

Garrucio for Mulraney

Naismith for Burns

Keena for MacLean

Or maybe keep Burns in and swap Naisy for MacLean.

Just looked at my tickets for tomorrow and noticed they are printed on Dundee football club tickets?

Should be interesting.

I personally don't feel Doyle should come in. Zlamal has spent the summer with the defence and spent the entire match at Cove talking the defence through it.

Naismith will come in, probably for Burns. Keena or Currie will likely come in for MacLean. Not sure I'd change anything else. We want to be on the front foot from the off against Raith, which is what we did on Wednesday, without being able to add to the one goal.

6 minutes ago, scabber said:

Just looked at my tickets for tomorrow and noticed they are printed on Dundee football club tickets?

The Cove ones were printed by Aberdeen.

portobellojambo1
15 minutes ago, scabber said:

It was similar up at Cove on Wednesday, but in that case the tickets had been printed by Aberdeen FC. I'm guessing that Raith didn't have access to equipment to print the tickets themselves so approached Dundee and asked them if they could print them for them (shit, I should have read the full thread and seen the post above before typing).

Edited by portobellojambo1

36 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Should be interesting.

I personally don't feel Doyle should come in. Zlamal has spent the summer with the defence and spent the entire match at Cove talking the defence through it.

Naismith will come in, probably for Burns. Keena or Currie will likely come in for MacLean. Not sure I'd change anything else. We want to be on the front foot from the off against Raith, which is what we did on Wednesday, without being able to add to the one goal.

I think Naismith will spear head the midfield with maybe Edwards in behind with Lee dropping back from Wednesday and giving Bozanic a rest.

• davemclaren locked this topic