THE SANTINI TAPES

Ryan Gosling

Dr. Bapswent
The selection process is a ****** up if the Europe wide search doesn't find out he's interested, yet his agent seems to suggest he is.

My point is if we were serious about finding available managers, then we would have found him, not him offering himself to us.

Surely a selection process would find genuinely interested managers that meet the criteria, not those who are looking for some publicity and wouldn't come near the club.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely a selection process would find genuinely interested managers that meet the criteria, not those who are looking for some publicity and wouldn't come near the club.

32 months. The 'selection' process is failing or perhaps being deliberately sabotaged by our owner.

Exce:)llent work, thats the 250 barrier broken, keep it going the McGee thread is on toast.

32 months. The 'selection' process is failing.

Exactly! Any selection process worth it's salt would have raised his name, and, if it is the case, quickly found out he isn't interested. But do you really think we identified him?

Heh heh, it's sure working well then based on McGhee and Weiss ;)

Vlad couldn't find his bell end with a map and compass.

Dr. Bapswent
Exactly! Any selection process worth it's salt would have raised his name, and, if it is the case, quickly found out he isn't interested. But do you really think we identified him?

If the selection process has found people, and ruled them out as they are not seriously interested. How can this be failing?

Maroon Mayhem

The only good feeling I've got about this thread is that I'm going to enjoy all the knicker-twisting that goes on when this turns out going nowhere.

Can't see why an agent getting his clients name in the papers is causing so much of a stir!

He aint going anywhere for 300K pa particularly not uprooting his family from France.

If the selection process has found people, and ruled them out as they are not seriously interested. How can this be failing?

Surely the selection process involves finding people that are interested ? On that score we are definitely failing. Seriously how can you defend the club in its attempts to appoint a manager ? No other club seems to struggle in way we are.

Dr. Bapswent
Surely the selection process involves finding people that are interested ? On that score we are definitely failing. Seriously how can you defend the club in its attempts to appoint a manager ? No other club seems to struggle in way we are.

Yes, and the other part is ruling out those that are not.

I fail to see how thats confusing or debatable for people.

The only good feeling I've got about this thread is that I'm going to enjoy all the knicker-twisting that goes on when this turns out going nowhere.

Can't see why an agent getting his clients name in the papers is causing so much of a stir!

He aint going anywhere for 300K pa particularly not uprooting his family from France.

A lot of managers don't uproot their family and looking at our track record i doubt ANY manager we appoint would move their family.

Yes but we are not ruling anyone out. It seems that the candidates are the ones doing the ruling out.

This would be perfect.

The bloke has won things in France, occupied a number of positions in management, managed some of the best players in the world with the French national set up and is a good age ( 56 ) for what I think we need at the moment.

Surely too good to be true?

Paul Le Guen?

He'd be a gamble in my honest opinion but one that we should take.

He could be a PLG or equally could be an Arsehole Wenger.

32 months. Offering the job to any Tom Dick or Harry then getting turned down. The worst managerial hunt in football history. Incompetent, embarassing, useless beyond all belief in fact so pathetic it might just be deliberate.

Ryan Gosling
32 months. Offering the job to any Tom Dick or Harry then getting turned down. The worst managerial hunt in football history. Incompetent, embarassing, useless beyond all belief in fact so pathetic it might just be deliberate.

Why do you keep saying 32 months?

The People's Chimp
Pinigol would be beside himself. Injured for the next decade.

It would be an endless succesion of groin strains....Still at least elliot might consider his future.

As far as I'm concerned the last suitable manager of Hearts was fired in October 2005. Romaknob and his cronies may have been pretending to look for an appropriate manager since January 08 (guess what they still don't have anyone) but in truth we have been totally rudderless for a lot longer than that.

Nucky Thompson
I take it that was when St George got his jotters:rolleyes:

Jam Tarts 1874
As far as I'm concerned the last suitable manager of Hearts was fired in October 2005. Romaknob and his cronies may have been pretending to look for an appropriate manager since January 08 (guess what they still don't have anyone) but in truth we have been totally rudderless for a lot longer than that.

So the McGhee saga was just a pretence? :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
It was in tragicTs little conspiracy:p

263 posts and has anything happened since the press article this morning?

Yes same article was in the afternoon edition of the Evening News, so we could be on to a winner with this one.

I wonder what he will make of CLUM.:rolleyes:

Even after everything that has happened Romaknob didn't think it was important enough to travel to Edinburgh (or even elsewhere in the UK) to get our alleged number 1 candidate signed. Whilst I strongly believe the likes of Ogilvie, Mann and Southern were desperate to have Mcghee at Tynecastle the only man that counts was quite happy to see that appointment fail to materialise as it would have meant employing someone with their own mind and looking for autonomy over footballing matters.

_42616755_ivanauskascup270.jpg

It was in tragicTs little conspiracy:p

No conspiracy, just a FACT : we still don't have a manager. Sadly too many numnuts are still happy to let him away with it and will continue to buy (3) shirts with his banks name on it ;)

_42616755_ivanauskascup270.jpg

I liked Valdas and actually think given the correct support and conditions to work in he may have done well for Hearts over a longer period of time however the back end of the 05-06 season we stumbled over the line in both the race for 2nd place (having held a huge lead over Rangers) and a nightmarish Cup Final performance where most Hearts fans watched throught their fingertips.

Any stability had long since been lost and the demise was well underway.

Even after everything that has happened Romaknob didn't think it was important enough to travel to Edinburgh (or even elsewhere in the UK) to get our alleged number 1 candidate signed. Whilst I strongly believe the likes of Ogilvie, Mann and Southern were desperate to have Mcghee at Tynecastle the only man that counts was quite happy to see that appointment fail to materialise as it would have meant employing someone with their own mind and looking for autonomy over footballing matters.

" Someone with there own mind " what does that mean:) all they are required to do is switch on the fax machine, and be able to read, having there own mind is not one of the boxes that need ticking on the application form.:wacko:

That MUST be a lie, my mate is a bus driver and just issued Santini with a daysaver. He arrived by train from London and got a bus from Waverley to the Balmoral ;)

B?tard paresseux! C'est tr?s pr?s!

Maroon Mayhem

People's memory of Valdas is generally negative given that he was in charge the same season as Burley. Because of his relative success Vlad thought he'd hit upon a winning formula and tried Malofeev, Korabochka, Chervenko etc.

I thought the guy (Valdas) had a good personality, was fairly tactically aware and was passionate more than you can say of the most recent incumbants.

If it was a straight toss up between Valdas and the Kaunas assistant I'd take the big man. What a sad day it would be if we were forced down this road though.

I think we won the Scottish cup during these 32 months and played in Europe. St George was only in charge for 12 games so I don't think it would be fair to give him all of the credit - he is certainly due some.

I think you already know, but for some sinister reason choose to ignore, the fact that MM was the target and things stalled for 5 months because of the circumstances at Motherwell. Personally I did not want him anyhow as he has no decent track record and would not have needed a satnav to find his way along the M8. Since then we SEEM to have concentrated on one man who I think is giving his answer today. I do not think his name is Tom, Dick or Harry.

Commander Harris

Re Valdas: as much as I liked Valdas' passion and general personality if we are to believe Frail, Valdas apparently had the least control of all our "head coaches" and was the coach that could most accurately be described as a puppet. how do others square this with their respect for Valdas as a manager/head coach?

Dr. Bapswent

EH, can you name them please.

Cos all I have seen is MM, who went back to Motherwell and Weiss who hasnt decided yet.

So if anything that makes 1 knockback.

The Old Tolbooth
Reporting Scotland says he's set to sign!!!

Only joking.

Eureka!

It's true!

Reporting Scotland are never wrong :rolleyes:

Only joking.

I'm raging at this latest kick in the baws.:mad:

Ray Winstone

Only joking.

Poor form.

I can't wait for Santini to sign. I hope be brings in Benzema, Lahm, Arshavin, Robben and Chiellini.

I'm away to make a big French flag with Santini on it, also something to do with a Revolution.

Santini's barmy army.

Only a Game

The selection process is failing because it was fatally flawed in the first place by not granting 100% control of team selection to previous incumbents, and apprently not granting it to those who submitted themselves for interview despite of that.

If Santini or his agent are just trying to get his name in the papers then fine, so be it, but I sincerely hope we have already properly followed up on what appears on the face of it to be a genuine application from a manger with some pedigree.

If we are ruling him out, or he's ruling himself out immediatly then lets FFS here it from Hearts officially. Not saying anything is just feckin RUDE !!!

Only a Game

Only joking.

Mildly amusing the first time you did it in this thread. Complete pain in the baws the second time you did it. I assume there wont be a third time ?:):)

Mildly amusing the first time you did it in this thread. Complete pain in the baws the second time you did it. I assume there wont be a third time ?:):)

There won't be OAG, don't worry ;)

Can I just say that PSG suck the boaby.

Only a Game
32 months. The 'selection' process is failing or perhaps being deliberately sabotaged by our owner.

We havent been looking for a manager for 32 months. We should have been looking but we werent. We werent offering the job to any Tom Dick or Harry either, we were seconding guys from Vlad's circle who were completely useless.

The only ones I know of who we "appear" to have offered the job to is Weiss and he hasnt done us the courtesy of calling us back yet and McGhee who pulled out for what ever reason anyone might care to speculate on.

Only a Game
There won't be OAG, don't worry ;)

Can I just say that PSG suck the boaby.

They certainly do, you know it, I know it, Das Root knows it, Beverley knows it

The selection process is failing because it was fatally flawed in the first place by not granting 100% control of team selection to previous incumbents, and apprently not granting it to those who submitted themselves for interview despite of that.

If Santini or his agent are just trying to get his name in the papers then fine, so be it, but I sincerely hope we have already properly followed up on what appears on the face of it to be a genuine application from a manger with some pedigree.

If we are ruling him out, or he's ruling himself out immediatly then lets FFS here it from Hearts officially. Not saying anything is just feckin RUDE !!!

Spot on OAG, the problem is that Hearts dont tell the fans anything at all, so we dont know if what is being reported is true, they have already stated after the McGhee debacle that any appointment will not be done on the back of a newspaper, but surely they can tell us if there is no truth in a story instead of us all on here debating what might or might not happen and then it turns out to be rubbish.

Lets hope that Hearts HAVE acted upon the info from his agent ASAP to get this sorted, I dont think we will get many more offers from managers or coaches with the pedigree of Santini.

Also I dont understand why some posters are still referring to Weiss as if there is still a possibility of him being appointed, I thought he ruled himself out last night.

JamboPete

Spot on OAG, the problem is that Hearts dont tell the fans anything at all, so we dont know if what is being reported is true, they have already stated after the McGhee debacle that any appointment will not be done on the back of a newspaper, but surely they can tell us if there is no truth in a story instead of us all on here debating what might or might not happen and then it turns out to be rubbish.

Lets hope that Hearts HAVE acted upon the info from his agent ASAP to get this sorted, I dont think we will get many more offers from managers or coaches with the pedigree of Santini.

Also I dont understand why some posters are still referring to Weiss as if there is still a possibility of him being appointed, I thought he ruled himself out last night.

JamboPete

Agreed mate, if this guy is appointed, it will be a huge step in the right direction.

Also as regards to Weiss, is it not the case that his contract expires the last day off this month, is it possible he is running the clock down ? once his contract expires he can do what he likes.

That MUST be a lie, my mate is a bus driver and just issued Santini with a daysaver. He arrived by train from London and got a bus from Waverley to the Balmoral ;)

That's not true, he definitely got a cab. I work in a well known bakers and on the way to tynie he jumped out the cab and came in for a steak bake and kept the cab running outside. He is a right good lad, he even asked the taxi driver if he wanted anything. The driver got a sausage roll but didn't want a drink or anything else ta mate.

Only a Game
Agreed mate, if this guy is appointed, it will be a huge step in the right direction.

Also as regards to Weiss, is it not the case that his contract expires the last day off this month, is it possible he is running the clock down ? once his contract expires he can do what he likes.

If he's running the clock down on his contract, surely the only reason would be to save Hearts paying compensation and/or to get round the fact that Artmedia dont want him to talk to us and they dont want to negotiate with us. But surely Hearts would know all this and surely say something (they werent too shy to leak stuff just a few short weeks ago)

He can stay at Artmedia (apparently they want to keep him) so no need to run the clock down there, or he can go and manage the National team, apparently with their blessing.

I'm not entirely convinced he is out of contract soon anyway but there is definetly something going on there we're not being told about.

netherleejambo

Do you think we should try to get the giant French flag back from the canaries fans - I'm sure they would let it go on the cheap (sorry). Just add a number - 'Le Juge 2'

Archived