THE SANTINI TAPES

Ryan Gosling

Only a Game
It appears 'Alex McLaughlin' has dealt with Vlad in the past.

Link

That turned out well..

Well at least Santini will be well aware if whats gone on in the past.

I was shocked to discover also, that football agents have their mobile phone numbers published on an easy to find website.

Not that I am suggesting we phone Alex McGlaughlin at this hour and ask him if its true of course.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game
Your my biggest catch yet :laugh:

Hobo:mad:

Okay. so now we need one of the regulars "in the know" to come on and tell us they were told about it on Friday night but sworn to secrecy, and the thread is all set up as it should be for tomorrow morning

PSG suck the boaby, somebody should email him and tell him that.

i knew there was a reason i liked you!

Well at least Santini will be well aware if whats gone on in the past.

I was shocked to discover also, that football agents have their mobile phone numbers published on an easy to find website.

Not that I am suggesting we phone Alex McGlaughlin at this hour and ask him if its true of course.

I just got his answer machine. Didn't know what to say so hung up. :sad:

Boaby Ewing

It'll never happen.

I may click on this thread a few hundred times in the next 48 hours just to confirm my earlier suspicions though.

This would be perfect.

The bloke has won things in France, occupied a number of positions in management, managed some of the best players in the world with the French national set up and is a good age ( 56 ) for what I think we need at the moment.

Surely too good to be true?

Only a Game
I just got his answer machine. Didn't know what to say so hung up. :sad:

Tell the mutha we dont take kindly to being wound up, or having our club used as a publicity machine and we'd be very nice to Mr Santini, nae booin and callin him a cant an aw that. Oh and tell him to tell Santini that PSG suck the boaby.

This thread will be funny by the time I get back from work tomorrow, probably be around 10 pages and it will of been a done deal, broken down and back on again with some people sayin he is not good enough and JJ is the man and others getting excited and touting players he will bring with him!

Tell the mutha we dont take kindly to being wound up, or having our club used as a publicity machine and we'd be very nice to Mr Santini, nae booin and callin him a cant an aw that. Oh and tell him to tell Santini that PSG suck the boaby.

I got through to him. Santini will be boarding a flight to Lithuania tomorrow. He's going to text me to let me know the progress. :)

Only a Game

I dont think Vladimir Romanov has the gravitas to handle the appointment of someone in this class.

If its true I sincerely hope he hands it over to Ogilvie, not that he covered himself in glory over the McGhee thing, but at least he's a football man of some intelligence and presence.

Only a Game
I got through to him. Santini will be boarding a flight to Lithuania tomorrow. He's going to text me to let me know the progress. :)

Did he agree about PSG though ?

PSG, who incidentally thrashed us in Europe in 1984, and do indeed, suck the boaby

Did he agree about PSG though ?

PSG, who incidentally thrashed us in Europe in 1984, and do indeed, suck the boaby

I mentioned PSG and before I could say anymore he replied, "they suck the boaby".

Only a Game

They couldnt have published this earlier in the day huh. I've been bored sh|tless all day and now its nearly bedtime and I'm wideafeckinwake.

Only a Game
I mentioned PSG and before I could say anymore he replied, "they suck the boaby".

Superb, on the same wavelength as regards football philosophy already, this sounds GREAT !!!!

They couldnt have published this earlier in the day huh. I've been bored sh|tless all day and now its nearly bedtime and I'm wideafeckinwake.

I agree, should have a ban on releasing storied after midnight so people can just go to sleep knowing they wont miss anything.

Superb, on the same wavelength as regards football philosophy already, this sounds GREAT !!!!

I'm thinking that it was Santini who hijacked the McGhee deal. McGhee was on his way to the airport and Santini stopped him and threatened him. That's how much he wants this job.

Benny Factor
Santini would be a fantastic appointment, unforts I think its more likely to be a 'dream team' of Zygamantic and Mad Eddy.

I just cant see someone like Santini working under Vlad, mind you I wouldnt have thought McGhee would have been close to going on the plane to Vilnius never mind actually praising us and defending Vlad in the press. No more west coast meeja gold stars for Mcghee!

McGhee isn't stupid. He's keeping his options open in the event of us still not having/sacking a manager after Murderwell get papped out of Europe. :P

Hibs fans could only dream of being linked to the managers we have.

I don't want to feel left out so....PSG suck the boaby, done deal etc..

Now tomorrow instead of spending lunch sitting down away from my desk i will have to check kickback :(

I hate whoever posted this :D

Let's be honest, he wasn't that great at Tottenham. I'd therefore say he's not got what it takes in the British game. No thanks.

Who will bite?

Lets not forget t he last French ' expertcoach ' Le Guen, How good was he ?.:confused:

Taking bets now on the first poster to say he's not good enough.

Lets not forget t he last French ' expertcoach ' Le Guen, How good was he ?.:confused:

:)

Now I'm not saying this because we've been linked to him, as I've said it many times before. Paul Le Guen inherited Jacques Santini's team after he left for the France job. He was found out at Rangers and has been p!sh at boaby sucking PSG.

Ryan Gosling

I'm off to bed, but I'd like to place a bet that this thread has 249 replies when I wake up.

Only a Game
I'm off to bed, but I'd like to place a bet that this thread has 249 replies when I wake up.

The 350th post on this thread will be made at 14.12 hours today.

it will include the words "suck" "boaby" and "PSG"

Waiting to hear back.

Vlad should have been on the blower to him as soon as he heard.

He is also in talks with PSG about becoming their Sporting Director.

And that will be that then.

Only a Game
He is also in talks with PSG about becoming their Sporting Director.

Cant see any links to that at all. Have you got one.

Seems to be a post they are struggling to fill, although they've got more coaches and directors there than they know what to do with.

Some bloke at Arsenal (Grimandi ?) knocked them back for the post of chief boaby sucker some weeks ago.

And that will be that then.

Pah, might I direct you to the numerous posts regarding PSG and their sucking of boaby? Case closed there methinks.

Generic Username

Even if this doesn't come to fruition, it's still nice to see that we're not apparently this unwanted club and an unattractive option to a manager of a decent calibre.

If, being the significant word.

Would love to have someone in for pre season starting, it'd do us the world of good.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Unbelievable. Romanov has the opportunity here to reverse almost everything that has happened in the past three years. And it's been handed to him on a plate. He'd be a bigger moron than I thought if he doesn't at least follow up on this. 99% of fans would be firmly back onside of Santini became our manager.

shaun.lawson
Unbelievable. Romanov has the opportunity here to reverse almost everything that has happened in the past three years. And it's been handed to him on a plate. He'd be a bigger moron than I thought if he doesn't at least follow up on this. 99% of fans would be firmly back onside of Santini became our manager.

The thing is Eldar, I don't think Santini's record is anything to get carried away about at all. He didn't impress me with either France or Spurs - and it really ought to tell us something that he's not had a job for the past two years, and is so desperate he's apparently applying for this one. I can't see it; and don't think it'd work either.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The thing is Eldar, I don't think Santini's record is anything to get carried away about at all. He didn't impress me with either France or Spurs - and it really ought to tell us something that he's not had a job for the past two years, and is so desperate he's apparently applying for this one. I can't see it; and don't think it'd work either.

Malofeev had success in the old CCCP though Shaun!!

It's a fair point. I mean, I wonder if the same reaction would have been engendered on this thread if it was Paul Le Guen rather than Santini.

In any case though, I can't see it happening. It's the Sexpress, FFS!

shaun.lawson
Malofeev had success in the old CCCP though Shaun!!

It's a fair point. I mean, I wonder if the same reaction would have been engendered on this thread if it was Paul Le Guen rather than Santini.

In any case though, I can't see it happening. It's the Sexpress, FFS!

Unfortunately, it seems as though people have just thought "exotic choice, let's not check out his record... sign him up, Vlad!"

A good friend of mine knows well and has done a lot of work on behalf of Carlos Alberto (yes, that one). Carlos is desperate to manage in England, but is currently out of a job, and just for the hell of it, this thread has made me wonder about getting in touch with my mate and encouraging the great man to apply. His managerial record is nothing to write home about either - but if people can get so excited by Santini, I wonder how they'd react if the 1970 Brazilian captain was a candidate too?

Guest GhostHunter

Agent Talk.

Manager wants top flight job again, tells agent to get his finger out, agent looks for biggest, highest profile club without manager...

Et Voila - Santini applies for Hearts job.

shaun.lawson
Agent Talk.

Manager wants top flight job again, tells agent to get his finger out, agent looks for biggest, highest profile club without manager...

Et Voila - Santini applies for Hearts job.

In other words, he's just another Scala or Matthaus. Next!

Guest GhostHunter
In other words, he's just another Scala or Matthaus. Next!

Pretty much.

Or a Weiss if you like :D

The chances of such a high profile manager EVER taking over at Hearts are so slim as to be non-existant.

Ibrahim Tall

Bit harsh on Santini. His record up until the Lyon job was pretty immaculate at every club he managed, achieving sucess in as far as getting into Europe and or higher league finishes than the teams he was with would usually expect.

After he got the Lyon job he won the club it's first ever league title aswell as it's only ever League Cup win, the ground work he laid was what Le Guen later took advantage of to win so many titles and of which the club is still benifiting from.

Even with France his record was decent enough, winning 8 straight qualifiers and winning 15 out of his first 17 games in charge. The only problems happened in the tournament where the team bottled it as they had 2 years earlier, probably not helped by Spurs announcing before the tournament even started that Santini had signed.

Even Spurs started ok until Arnesen started intefering and taking over pretty much everything bar the actual day to day coaching.

Far better and more high profile a manager than we could possibly hope for imo, precisely why i think it's bollocks.

shaun.lawson
Bit harsh on Santini. His record up until the Lyon job was pretty immaculate at every club he managed, achieving sucess in as far as getting into Europe and or higher league finishes than the teams he was with would usually expect.

After he got the Lyon job he won the club it's first ever league title aswell as it's only ever League Cup win, the ground work he laid was what Le Guen later took advantage of to win so many titles and of which the club is still benifiting from.

Even with France his record was decent enough, winning 8 straight qualifiers and winning 15 out of his first 17 games in charge. The only problems happened in the tournament where the team bottled it as they had 2 years earlier, probably not helped by Spurs announcing before the tournament even started that Santini had signed.

Even Spurs started ok until Arnesen started intefering and taking over pretty much everything bar the actual day to day coaching.

Far better and more high profile a manager than we could possibly hope for imo, precisely why i think it's bollocks.

Hmm. Fair dos - but do you remember the amount of 0-0s Spurs had under him? (Including the famous parking of a bus game at Chelsea). Or how amazingly dull and stodgy France looked throughout Euro 2004?

Jam Tarts 1874

A previous poster mentioned that Santini was in for a Sporting Director job with PSG. Can't find any links to that, but did find that last month he turned down the Tunisia national coach job:

http://www.tap.info.tn/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18821&Itemid=156

TUNIS, May 16, 2008 (TAP) - French coach Jacques Santini turned down the offer of the Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) to succeed his compatriot Roger Lemerre at the head of the national team, evoking notably the issue of assistant coach who should be Tunisian.

The Tunisian Football Federation (FTF) announced in a communiqu? released on Friday that “ Jacques Santini had turned down FTF’s offer for reasons related to his relationship with the National Technical Management, essentially the issue of assistant coach who should be Tunisian, a condition that was initially accepted by him.”

He is obviously up for looking at anything, although not prepared to have a Tunisian assistant foisted upon him on this occassion.

Glad to see the Express is now the trusted beacon of truth. :confused:

Would be a great appointment but one I doubt would ever happen. If we can't attract MM or Weiss the the chances of getting this guy are ridiculously slim.

Archived