THE SANTINI TAPES

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jam Tarts 1874
Glad to see the Express is now the trusted beacon of truth. :confused:

Would be a great appointment but one I doubt would ever happen. If we can't attract MM or Weiss the the chances of getting this guy are ridiculously slim.

I suppose the difference might be that Santini is out of work and looking. Money talks and Santini's agent must have seen the money reported to have been offered to McGhee.

To be fair to the Express (which I don't like either), they seemed to be getting good information during the McGhee saga and they did have Thordarson's name back in January. But as others have suggested, Santini could just be using Hearts to get his name into the media again.

Not a fecking hope in hell of this happening.

If it does Andy68 will eat his own boaby.

Unfortunately, it seems as though people have just thought "exotic choice, let's not check out his record... sign him up, Vlad!"

A good friend of mine knows well and has done a lot of work on behalf of Carlos Alberto (yes, that one). Carlos is desperate to manage in England, but is currently out of a job, and just for the hell of it, this thread has made me wonder about getting in touch with my mate and encouraging the great man to apply. His managerial record is nothing to write home about either - but if people can get so excited by Santini, I wonder how they'd react if the 1970 Brazilian captain was a candidate too?

I think that the time for player managers was in the 1980s.

And I don't think Carlos is a patch on our current right back.

Agent Talk.

Manager wants top flight job again, tells agent to get his finger out, agent looks for biggest, highest profile club without manager...

Et Voila - Santini applies for Hearts job.

Exactly.

Hearts may see that and actually approach the guy to see if he is interested. I would suspect that He would say thanks but no thanks as he has no intention of coming to Hearts.

What it doesnt say is when dod his agent put his name forward? We're all assuming it was yesterday, and therefore Vlad should bite his hand off.

Just suppose it was weeks ago, and Vlad thought nah, he's gash, I know a far better option in Slovakia. :wacko:

The Mighty Thor

The boys at the Express are definitely logged onto JKB to see how many they can hook in with this load of Lillian Gish.

One for the Gullit lounge beside all the other Greggs exclusives.

shaun.lawson
Exactly.

Hearts may see that and actually approach the guy to see if he is interested. I would suspect that He would say thanks but no thanks as he has no intention of coming to Hearts.

Now now, we have enough mentions of religion on here already, thankyou! :)

I would say there is no chance of this happening, because this guy would never say "ok Vlad you pick the team, i'll do a bit of training during the week, like Frail, Valdas, Rix etc did"

Obviously this is a no go-er but i have always thought that the hearts job, with its current job description should go to someone with international experience.

Stop laughing and think about it you are going to be working with a pool of players that you have little influence on selecting (ok other than saying i am needing a full-back or something). The main aim is to make the current pool better.

If you look at what Hiddink has done in the past with S.Korea, and even Russia now. He has taken a limited pool pf players and made them better. Now there is no chance of getting likes of Hiddink or even Santini but even some of the lower ranked national teams must have decent coaches.

Obviously no idea who we could go for any suggestions?

Pants Shaton

Another crock of sh*te from the Express.

Stick to asylum seeker bashing and Princess Di front page 'news'.

In other news today, Real Madrid admitted that they are only interested in signing Christiano Ronaldo so that they can put together a player-swap package for Steven Fletcher. This has alarmed Hibs fans, still reeling from the loss of Ivan Sproule, who doubt that Ronaldo has sufficient flair to secure a regular place in the Easter Road club's first team.

Well here we go.

Santini would be a gamble just like any other manager but it would show ambition, and at this point that is exactly what we need.

Even just approaching him and sounding him out would show ambition and help VR show that he is serious in his Jan 1st statement and intent for Hearts.

Thats why I believe this is the last we'll read of this story.

pennantjambo

If there is any truth in this speculation then we could do no worse than ask someone with the right contacts to give Stephan Adam or Gilles Rousset a quick call, i'm sure they will know more about the guy than we do and i'm sure they would only be too happy to talk up the JT' and sell the job to him.

Seems simple and obvious enough, no?

Nucky Thompson

Would be a great appointment but one I doubt would ever happen. If we can't attract MM or Weiss the the chances of getting this guy are ridiculously slim.

At least there are quotes from his agent, not the usual Express understands pish.

Darth Sidious

I will wait and see if the Evening Hibsmen has anymore quotes or just the Express with this exclusive.

I will be checking every few minutes for Weiss' decision live from Slovakia. Think his press conference is on Sky Sports News.

Jam Tarts 1874
If there is any truth in this speculation then we could do no worse than ask someone with the right contacts to give Stephan Adam or Gilles Rousset a quick call, i'm sure they will know more about the guy than we do and i'm sure they would only be too happy to talk up the JT' and sell the job to him.

Definately, as it stands Santini probably knows nothing about Hearts other than his Scottish agent telling him there might be ?375k pa in it for him.

Santini has not worked for 2 years, does that put him in the desperate category? I hope so.

My best mate is a taxi driver, and he just called me to say that he picked up Santini from the airport this morning, and took him to Tynecastle.

FACT.

:rolleyes:

Frenchmen connected with both Hearts and Hibs in the past have raved about living in Edinburgh. In fact the French in general seem to like Edinburgh ( or at least the ones I've known or spoken to ).

If this even gets slightly off the ground, any chance we can try and do the business here this time?

Dr. Bapswent

Because they are French?

Is that like when Americans ask you if you know Sean Connery?

marshallschunkychicken

Santini created the team that created Paul Le Guen's career.

Would I like him at Hearts? Absolutely no doubt.

Is it going to happen? Absolutely no way.

Jam Tarts 1874
Because they are French?

Yes Dr, let's be positive and get on the Santini train until it hits the buffers. :) Otherwise it could be a very dull week. :sad:

Dr. Bapswent
Yes Dr, let's be positive and get on the Santini train until it hits the buffers. :) Otherwise it could be a very dull week. :sad:

Im totally behind it, but im a bit bemused as it came out of left field.

If Hearts themselves never sourced this, im very wary to think it will come to anything, no matter how much id love it too.

For example, we have had many a decent manager associate themselves with the club, and we have never taken any of these any further.

Id seriously love this to happen, and would feel much better about it if the club made mention of it themselves.

The People's Chimp
Did he agree about PSG though ?

PSG, who incidentally thrashed us in Europe in 1984, and do indeed, suck the boaby

PSG sucent la bite depuis 1984.

Christ we now have a short list of 3 guys who actually want the gig.:)

1. Santini. 2. Billy Davies 3. Scalla.:confused:

...Don't be too hasty.

Yes, he would be a very good capture IMO, but be cautious as these Ranieri scenario's have a habit of going pear-shaped.

gullible.png

Until the name is on the dotted line, just keep smiling.

The Old Tolbooth
Not a fecking hope in hell of this happening.

If it does Andy68 will eat his own boaby.

Ha ha ha!!!

He's already had to eat his own boaby after claiming Weiss was a done deal ;)

Why start a new thread mate?

So my point doesn't get lost in the melee?

Too often a brand new smokescreen appears. A shining knight on the horizon and then we ultimately end up with a Graham Rix. :(

Dr. Bapswent
So my point doesn't get lost in the melee?

Too often a brand new smokescreen appears. A shining knight on the horizon and then we ultimately end up with a Graham Rix. :(

Did you really just want to use your little diagram and liked it so much you didn't want it to be overlooked in a larger thread?

Guest GhostHunter
Mods, merge please so this pointless thread can be lost in the melee!

Merge it with what ?

Seymour M Hersh

I agree in 24 hours they(the express) have become paragons of virtue. I suppose there are a few quotes and it's a different journo but I remain extremely sceptical of this. As another poster said wait till you see the photo op at Tynie with a scarf over his head.

My best mate is a taxi driver, and he just called me to say that he picked up Santini from the airport this morning, and took him to Tynecastle.

FACT.

:rolleyes:

That MUST be a lie, my mate is a bus driver and just issued Santini with a daysaver. He arrived by train from London and got a bus from Waverley to the Balmoral ;)

Fxxx the SPFL

I think this is another whoppeeeeeeeer can't see why the guy would be going to Tynecastle when romanov is in Russia on business trip, wait just heard a helicopter flying over gorgie could it be mad vlad !!! seriously I do hope we get a manager soon

:wacko:

Fxxx the SPFL
That MUST be a lie, my mate is a bus driver and just issued Santini with a daysaver. He arrived by train from London and got a bus from Waverley to the Balmoral ;)

Thats also a lie I have a mate who just took him in a rickshaw to shrubhill lodge for a secret tryst with the mighty romanov

:dribble:

Dr. Bapswent
Thats also a lie I have a mate who just took him in a rickshaw to shrubhill lodge for a secret tryst with the mighty romanov

:dribble:

That is totally hilarious.

Can anyone outdo that!!

I mean, can they!!!

Laughing%20Monkey.jpg

bean counter

Would I like him as manager ............. you bet

Will he become our manager ............. probably not

Sounds like an agent announcing that his client is back in the game and available

Archived