Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sheffield?

Assuming they're typing all that, on the tablets & phones they've found, in the cars they've been stealing?

Suprised they have internet access tbh, didn’t realise the job centre was open on a Saturday night.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hmmm

2018-09-15 21.32.34.png

Looking forward to seeing what Clare has to offer. If the bitterness from Wednesday fans is anything to go by, he could be quite a coup. 

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

What makes me laugh is the "playing in the likes of Andorra in the qualifying rounds". When was the last time Wednesday fans had to dig the passports out :rofl:. Hope Mr Clare's is valid. 

We really are getting under the skin of so many people this season.

It's :pleasing:

1995, before Clare was even born. 

Maybe they count trips to Wrexham as European games?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be fair to Wednesday fans their current transfer embargo must be a bummer. 

Should be grateful for the compensation really 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hmmm

2018-09-15 21.32.34.png

They could start with Dave Mackay. Alex Young, the original Tommy Walker.

I'm trying to think of a Sheffield Wednesdayl legend.

Reading up about him on the internet this is an amazing signing.  

Prior to his ankle injury he was apparently wanted by Everton, Tottenham, Leicester and Swansea.

Regarded as one of the brightest young midfield talents out with the English Premier League.

I really don't understand how we have pulled this off (unless its only a 6 month or 12 months contract he has signed.

The Apprentice

Mentioned some weeks ago that he was at Tynecastle for talks after seeing him getting shown around. Obviously something CL has been working on for a while now. 

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It shows its down to individual knowledge. Met a SW fan on holiday years ago who liked Hearts as his Scottish team. Had good knowledge and actually cared.

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Thanks for the info? So, as a journalist, it's more than likely he hasn't got a clue about cross border rules regarding compensation:whistling:

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rents said:

According to Hibs.net we are spending other people's money with no actual plan similar to the Romanov era

Thier 3 years in the championship biting them on the arse now?

Getting out of that  quickly, New stand and FOH - suck it ya melts. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
On 11/07/2018 at 15:47, Deviskan said:

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

:1132:

Typical English lower league fans that hang on to the premier leagues coattails by the tips of their fingernails.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Was he offered a new deal ?

If not no fee would need to be paid.

He was offered a new deal. Probably with that train in mind. 

"When signing a player aged 24 and younger on a Bosman, buyers must fork out a fee to the club that developed the player.

But due to complex, cross-border rules SPFL clubs are able to sign players from England for a fraction of the amount English outfits need to pay."

Who knows we might have already agreed to sell him to Swansea for a pre-agreed sum next summer. Saving them a healthy development fee and giving him a year of first team football.  Akin to a big club signing a promising young player and then immediately loaning him out.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Typical English lower league fans that hang on to the premier leagues coattails by the tips of their fingernails.

Was looking forward to seeing the highlights of their game on MOTD later. 

Then I remembered they were buried away on channel 5 between Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away and Plastic Surgery Nightmares. 

Not read the whole thread but why hasn’t the OP who broke this news not posted in last two months as looking at his posts he knew what he was talking about 

1 hour ago, HeartofHartley said:

What will this guy bring that we dont have for anyone who knows him? And judging by the reaction he will be a starter most weeks so who's place do we think he will take? Levein seems buzzing by it so interested to see what he thinks we were missing!

CL seems to be building 2 teams, not one.

I think he was so pissed off last season with injuries, and the lack of bench options when a game needed to be changed, that he wants every position replicated.

If I understand correctly Sean Clare could play RB or in MF possibly as an alternative to Haring.  M Smith can play RB or CD, Dikamona now provides cover for our 2 CDs, Naisy can play MF or up top, Garrucio or Mitchell for LB and so on.  We still have not mentioned the young lads like Cochrane and McDonald for MF where are now spoiled for choice, nor the others who are out on loan.

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I reserve the right to get really excited and make an enormous tit of myself if he signs cos it means we're only bloody going for it

MadeupDifficultArizonaalligatorlizard-si

39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

And more recently, Davie Weir, Gary Naysmith, Craig Gordon, Calum Paterson?

I think a lot on fuds.net seem to think that FoH contributions are being used to supplement the wage bill, they don't understand that those monies are currently being used to repay Ann's loan and eventually secure a controlling shareholding in Hearts.

In addition, they obviously haven't looked at our accounts in recent years or they would see that we have grown revenues significantly since Ann took over, and she projected that revenues will increase by a further £1m in the current year.  A lot of that additional revenue has been diverted towards funding the stadium development, but by the start of next season, we should have largely completed and paid for that work, so will have scope to significantly increase the playing budget.

By the start of the following season, FOH will have completed the share buyout, so we'll have even more funds coming in to the club.  Even if FOH subscriptions drop by 20%, that's still £1.2m per annum extra funding.

Meanwhile, Hibs will still be diverting £500k per annum to repay STF's loan and HSL will be raising about 1/10th of what FOH does.

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Watching YouTube he seems a CAM, has he played RB?

I think he'll be an attacking midfielder like Milinkovic was drifting out and inside and causing havoc ?

35 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

And more recently, Davie Weir, Gary Naysmith, Craig Gordon, Calum Paterson?

Craig Gordon. 

The guy who posted the original comment (I think) has gone on to say he meant Scottish football in general, not just Hearts...

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Thier 3 years in the championship biting them on the arse now?

Getting out of that  quickly, New stand and FOH - suck it ya melts. 

:sweeet:

55 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I think a lot on fuds.net seem to think that FoH contributions are being used to supplement the wage bill, they don't understand that those monies are currently being used to repay Ann's loan and eventually secure a controlling shareholding in Hearts.

In addition, they obviously haven't looked at our accounts in recent years or they would see that we have grown revenues significantly since Ann took over, and she projected that revenues will increase by a further £1m in the current year.  A lot of that additional revenue has been diverted towards funding the stadium development, but by the start of next season, we should have largely completed and paid for that work, so will have scope to significantly increase the playing budget.

By the start of the following season, FOH will have completed the share buyout, so we'll have even more funds coming in to the club.  Even if FOH subscriptions drop by 20%, that's still £1.2m per annum extra funding.

Meanwhile, Hibs will still be diverting £500k per annum to repay STF's loan and HSL will be raising about 1/10th of what FOH does.

Nows the time to do another bump up the FOH sub scheme like last year. This will be a great signing. Not felt this good since Burley

Edited by 1971fozzy

Was there not some sort of chat that the development fee for Dembele was likely to be something ridiculous like £8m?

Celtic got him for £500k.

I dont know how the calculations work down south but say Clare would demand a development fee of around £5m. There is no reason whatsoever - with Craig’s connections in the game - that there hasn’t been a deal struck whereby we have either an agreement with Swansea, for example, that we get him for a season and they have first option for him for let’s say £3m.

Or alternatively that we have done something similar with Lafferty (you can leave after season one if you want) and said - we can give you a great platform and we’ll put a reasonable buy out clause in your contract that will make you cheaper for an English team to buy than at the moment so you can prove for a year you are over your injury and when you do you’ll get better wages than you would at the moment.

But you’ve got to give us a season at least.

It seems as if we are being quite ‘canny’ with how we set up our deals these days.

Edited by Jammy T

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Feckwits. We'll be out of sight. ???

30 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nows the time to do another bump up the FOH sub scheme like last year. This will be a great signing. Not felt this good since Burley

Now is the time to follow up the suggestion to enable text donations to FOH.  Think of the number of ad hoc £5 or £10 donations that fans would make after every winning performance.  It could easily add 5%-10% to FOH funds over the course of the season.

Sheffield Wednesday playing in a half full stadium v stoke today :rofl:

a nothing club mid table with no hope, stagnating like an overnight unflushed pish in the toilet after a night on the sauce.

thats the problem down there. Illusions of grandeur. Bet they couldn’t of talked Mitchell into playing for them. Says it all.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

That £1m increase was projected in line with a 4th place finish and didn’t incorporate cup runs. This season could see a huge increase in turnover even without the holy grail coming down to Gorgie for a wee summer tour.

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Now is the time to follow up the suggestion to enable text donations to FOH.  Think of the number of ad hoc £5 or £10 donations that fans would make after every winning performance.  It could easily add 5%-10% to FOH funds over the course of the season.

Great shout. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

This will be some signing as he looks way ahead of the bulk of midfielders in the spl. 

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sheffield Wednesday playing in a half full stadium v stoke today :rofl:

a nothing club mid table with no hope, stagnating like an overnight unflushed pish in the toilet after a night on the sauce.

thats the problem down there. Illusions of grandeur. Bet they couldn’t of talked Mitchell into playing for them. Says it all.

Wednesday used to be a big club, spent the majority of their earlier years in the top flight, but over the last 40-50 years, they have spent more time in the 2nd tier (or even 3rd) with only one spell of 8 seasons in the EPL since it's formation, and that run ended 18 seasons ago.  They won a league cup in 1991, and have won the league title 4 times and FA cup 3 times, but the last of those major honours was won over 80 years ago.  They are clearly living off former glories.

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That £1m increase was projected in line with a 4th place finish and didn’t incorporate cup runs. This season could see a huge increase in turnover even without the holy grail coming down to Gorgie for a wee summer tour.

That's a good point, Ann has always budgeted on a very conservative basis.  The home QF against Motherwell in the LC will already bring us in unbudgeted revenue and if we can get past them then we have the added bonus of the SF income.  Hopefully, we can also get a decent run in the Scottish Cup this season.  I would expect that if we keep our league form up, our home attendances will exceed the budget assumptions as well.

Just now, Badonde said:

Bit meh that it’s a short term deal. 

I kind of expected that would be the case.  He's been courted by some decent clubs down South, so probably a bit like the McLaughlin deal, he'll showcase himself with us then probably get a much better deal to go back to England.  I don't mind if that's the case, as long as he does as good a job for us as McLaughlin did in his time up here

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I kind of expected that would be the case.  He's been courted by some decent clubs down South, so probably a bit like the McLaughlin deal, he'll showcase himself with us then probably get a much better deal to go back to England.  I don't mind if that's the case, as long as he does as good a job for us as McLaughlin did in his time up here

We’re paying 130k to get the boy so I would be hoping for a longer deal than just to the end of the season.