Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

9 hours ago, goldie83 said:

Good stuff was just wondering if our paths crossed at any point. Had an old coach when I was at St Bernard’s who got called Mitch. That was all. HHGH.

Would you know Boory and Sinky ?

3 hours ago, Bez said:

It really is a fantastic problem to have, isn’t it? The best part is, that’s a strong team you just put up, and it’s not even got Haring in it, who’s been a stand out this season.

Mine didn’t have Garuccio or Smith...

Neither had Bozanic, McLean, Cochrane,  Morrison, Godinho, MacDonald or Wighton, and as you say Vanacek is still to arrive. ?

The really great thing is that, as well as having plenty of options for most areas of the team, we now have the flexibility to change the shape and formation in various ways.  The defence can easily be a back 3 with wingbacks ahead of them or a back 4. We can easily play 1 or 2 (or even 3!) up front.  The midfield can be shaped in many ways too, depending on how we're setting up the defence and forwards.  This means that however we set up the team to start a match, we can easily change things if the game isn't going as planned.

11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd have MacLean in there up front with Uche.  Probably either Lee or Djoum dropping out of the midfield for him, depending on who was in better form at the time.  So probably:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee or Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

MacLean

Ikpeazu

Just to clarify (it won't let me edit the post!), I'm basing this on the assumption that Clare does actually join us and is the real deal!  He may not arrive or may not be all that great after all, in which case he'd obviously not be in the lineup!

2 hours ago, Bez said:

I’ll go for yes, based purely on waking up in an inexplicably good mood this morning. ?

Aye its quite worrying to see you in a good mood , maybe a sign of the apocalypse. Have any usual itkrs said anything until then im saying no 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Seeing Livi's pitch... I'd take 0-1 & no injuries, ta.

Anyway, back on topic...is signing 143, going to be today, or not...?

I'd happily take that in any away game, regardless of the pitch or opposition!  But especially so through there!

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Yeah. Just whenever we're due at the pellet park, doesn't fill me with happiness. 

Maybe they'll have hoovered most of it up, when we get through there. 

If my weekly corn exchange appearances are anything to go by, it won't need hoovered up, as millions of the damn things will have disappeared from the pitch inside the players' boots after every game played on it anyway!

Stewie Griffin
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I wonder if @Stewie Griffin could ask his mate if he passed his medical?

I know that after the medical Hearts wanted an  x-ray done . Don’t know the outcome 

Edited by Stewie Griffin

6 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I know that after the medical Hearts wanted an  x-ray done . Don’t know the outcome 

Covering all possibilities...nice .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

:thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

I would reckon? That depends on a few factors that we can only presume at the moment though.

What's Garuccio done wrong to be omitted?

16 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Was that to see if he had anything between his ears?

4 hours ago, Bootzilla said:

Say he is signed for the equivalent of Mitchell's role but for the right - what would be our best starting 11? We'd definitely have good options off the bench.

4 hours ago, Bez said:

Bobby

Souttar

Berra

Dunne/Hughes/Clevid

Clare

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Mitchell

Naismith

Ikpeazu

I would reckon? That depends on a few factors that we can only presume at the moment though.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Nice team. I do think we've look better with a back four though this season and I imagine Vanecek will be a starter.

How we fit all our players into a formation, I've no idea but it's a good headache for Craig.

Maybe:

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Garuccio 

Lee Djoum 

Clare Naismith Mitchell

Vanecek/Uche

I should add that I'm sceptical we will sign Clare so that would probably change my team above.

3 hours ago, Bez said:

It really is a fantastic problem to have, isn’t it? The best part is, that’s a strong team you just put up, and it’s not even got Haring in it, who’s been a stand out this season.

Mine didn’t have Garuccio or Smith...

Neither had Bozanic, McLean, Cochrane,  Morrison, Godinho, MacDonald or Wighton, and as you say Vanacek is still to arrive. ?

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's Garuccio done wrong to be omitted?

Nuffink. He’s just not as good as Mitchell, imo.

Edited by Bez

29 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Have any of the national press gotten wind of this yet? I'd have expected to see something by now if it was happening.

it'll happen after his ibrox medical is on, front page and back 10 pages.

All these players - We must be blowing the Hibs playing budget right out the water

If we fielded a second team, they would probably survive in the SPFL at this rate

Happy days

27 minutes ago, Bez said:

Nuffink. He’s just not as good as Mitchell, imo.

You drunk this early on a Friday afternoon????? 

Apologies read it wrong! Thought you were saying he was just as good! Maybe it’s me drunk.

Edited by PB21

14 minutes ago, PB21 said:

You drunk this early on a Friday afternoon????? 

Apologies read it wrong! Thought you were saying he was just as good! Maybe it’s me drunk.

:cheers:

Just now, Sir Gio said:

He's no signing eh. Or will it be another Sunday special?

GFA Signing office not open for us on a Sunday - c'mon Sir Gio get with the beat

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

GFA Signing office not open for us on a Sunday - c'mon Sir Gio get with the beat

Announcement Belge, Dikamona was a couple of Sundays back. Maybe our new thing. Could be a Craig David song about our signings

1 hour ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I wonder if there's maybe an issue that's put other clubs off, and that's why he's still available

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Aye its quite worrying to see you in a good mood , maybe a sign of the apocalypse. Have any usual itkrs said anything until then im saying no 

I'm not sure Colinmaroon is on at present but I'm sure he'll give a wee advance warning to the Hearts faithful if the Riders of the Apocalypse are imminent

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Announcement Belge, Dikamona was a couple of Sundays back. Maybe our new thing. Could be a Craig David song about our signings

Long gone the days of the Klaxon

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Sure there was a lenghtly thread about that song a few years back 

46 minutes ago, brux said:

He has a false leg

...but real feet.  It's a strange one!

Edited by RobNox

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

So this thread is a pile of poop ? then.

You wouldn't put your mortgage on it, no no

so, he's not signing, isn't here for a medical and dont expect it to happen ?

that about cover it ? 

21 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

so, he's not signing, isn't here for a medical and dont expect it to happen ?

that about cover it ? 

Yup. Made up pish. 

jamboinglasgow

threads are weird, it seems this has suddenly become "it is all false and he is not signing" based on nothing at all, unless there is something I have missed

Edited by jamboinglasgow

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So who TF made up this utter drivel?

Get him/her hounded. 

@Stewie Griffin broke the news 

I am in no way encouraging anyone too hound him out He's been given some info and he's shared it with us 

Time will tell if its true 

Stewie Griffin

As I said yesterday I in no way claim to be itk when it comes to Hearts signing players , 

however what I do know from a100% reliable source is that he had a medical yesterday and was then sent for an x-ray , I don’t know what the outcome of that was . 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I reckon we should hunt down the OP, and force feed him marmite!!  

Take your marmitism somewhere else boss. Magnificent and the crisps are outstanding. Don't take any notice of this Sean, everyone's welcome at Tynecastle. 

4 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

As I said yesterday I in no way claim to be itk when it comes to Hearts signing players , 

however what I do know from a100% reliable source is that he had a medical yesterday and was then sent for an x-ray , I don’t know what the outcome of that was . 

As always jkb posters get upset if deals fall through. Then claim the info to be nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

All a bit too quiet for my liking. If he was in Edinburgh for a medical, I think we would have heard something from another source by now.

3 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

You passing on what you heard is appreciated by me. I'm sure we'll see if any business gets done. I guess the guy is far from match fit so no rush in signing him as he will need a few weeks to get up to speed anyway.

Without Brandon and Godinho the right side is where we are weakest at the moment so I will be pleased if he signs. 

12 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

The x-ray saw uche and caused a break in the bone nobody upstages uche before a match