Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Leeds,Celtic and Rangers all credited with interest in him during the summer apparently.

almost signed for Aston Villa in the summer but move fell through because of financial issues at Villa. Also Sky said he was about to sign for Swansea in early August but that too fell through (dont know the reason, but I could imagine it could be to do with compensation required to be paid to Wednesday.) He was even linked with Wolves, Fulham and Everton (according to one article I looked at but will take that with a pinch of salt.

One think I would caution if he signs, prepare for a lot of disparaging comments about Scottish football from Sheffield Wednesday fans. He really annoyed them that he turned down the contract from them (for what appears to be more money) so they will (wrongly) see Scottish football as a step down and mock him for it.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One think I would caution if he signs, prepare for a lot of disparaging comments about Scottish football from Sheffield Wednesday fans. He really annoyed them that he turned down the contract from them (for what appears to be more money) so they will (wrongly) see Scottish football as a step down and mock him for it.

The lad sounds an exciting acquisition.

Weds a bigger club than Luton Town  but am sure they'll get the same short shrift.

2 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Looks like I wasn’t just making stuff up for the fun of it after all . 

You’ll always get some on here that will be sceptical mate, thanks for the info tho ??

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

When you mentioned the X-ray I admit i was sceptical. 

I owe you an apology, Stewie. 

Likewise Stewie ?

12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

"And he will remain in Edinburgh for the next few days with a view to signing a short-term contract."

Might be just for this season.

Would mean he could sign for an English club next season without worrying about a development fee. Makes sense. In fact, he could sign a deal until the winter break and avoid a development fee. 

Edited by Normthebarman

9 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Would mean he could sign for an English club next season without worrying about a development fee. Makes sense. In fact, he could sign a deal until the winter break and avoid a development fee. 

I would hope we wouldn’t do that. 1 year would be good for both parties. I don’t think a deal to January suits us. 

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Erm........me too. If I'd had a hat, I'd have eaten it by now. What a plank, apologies Stewie.

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The x Ray made me think spot on.

id heard about a medical but the X-ray looks very positive for signing

like colinzeal above I really hope it’s a season and not just January but we’ll see

thanks for the info stewie ?

2 hours ago, BytheLight said:

It actually isn't possible for the tabloids to credit Hearts with an interest in any player without saying they are also a target for a Glasgow club, is it?

Jamboscanbevicius
8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It actually isn't possible for the tabloids to credit Hearts with an interest in any player without saying they are also a target for a Glasgow club, is it?

This. F- ing tedious!

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Probably an arrangement with Rangers, if any other club is about to sign a really good player Rangers must be declared to have had an interest so the club doesn't have fans accusing them of failing to keep an eye on players.

Would be disappointed if it is just a year deal. If he does turn out to be a really decent player would want to get some money for him if he went.

Jamboscanbevicius
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Do the same with Sean Clare as we did with Jon McLaughlin. Then all end up happy.

Was thinking the same. Sounds very like McLaughlin situation (i.e. could and potentially should be earning more elsewhere but ended up without a club and need a shop window).

However, there was a LOT of negativity about Jon, and I’d expect the same will happen here. From Jan onwards there will be much bumping of gums about ‘who does he think he is’ / ‘he should show some loyalty’ etc etc.

Not sure that’s great for squad or club/supporter harmony TBH.

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Probably an arrangement with Rangers, if any other club is about to sign a really good player Rangers must be declared to have had an interest so the club doesn't have fans accusing them of failing to keep an eye on players.

Would be disappointed if it is just a year deal. If he does turn out to be a really decent player would want to get some money for him if he went.

I'm guessing that, like McLaughlin, he's only considering the SPFL as a stop-gap and wouldn't accept a longer deal.

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Did anyone see him at the game? 

I'm sure I saw him sitting in the bench before kick off, but he went down the tunnel and then I never looked again 

43 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Did anyone see him at the game? 

Yes, was sitting along from me in the main stand in the members section and wearing Hearts training gear.

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Levein confirms he is close to signing. Was at Fir Park today watching. 

When?  Not in his post match interview on Sportsound.  The Hearts TV post match interview isn't up yet.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Hearts splashing the cash again.

Well one thing we know now then is it won't be a 1 year deal.

As a #swfc season ticket holder I saw a bit of Sean last year and he certainly is a talent.

Comfortable on the ball and whilst not pacy can move well across the park.

Can dig in and has an eye for goal. Could have a promising future in the game.

Only downside is that he can seem a bit 'full of himself' is Sean Flair ! Nothing that CL can't knock out of him I'm sure. SWFC can do with the £ 100k compo having only just having come through a transfer embargo. Paying your other recent loan target Jordan Rhodes an estimated £ 30k a week didn't help.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Well one thing we know now then is it won't be a 1 year deal.

If compensation has to be paid, then it must surely be a two year deal, minimum, but just how knowledgeable is this Don Howson? Could he just be assuming a fee will be payable?

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If compensation has to be paid, then it must surely be a two year deal, minimum, but just how knowledgeable is this Don Howson? Could he just be assuming a fee will be payable?

Journalist with Sheffield Star,18,000 followers on twitter for what it’s worth?

14 minutes ago, Owlvisiting said:

As a #swfc season ticket holder I saw a bit of Sean last year and he certainly is a talent.

Comfortable on the ball and whilst not pacy can move well across the park.

Can dig in and has an eye for goal. Could have a promising future in the game.

Only downside is that he can seem a bit 'full of himself' is Sean Flair ! Nothing that CL can't knock out of him I'm sure. SWFC can do with the £ 100k compo having only just having come through a transfer embargo. Paying your other recent loan target Jordan Rhodes an estimated £ 30k a week didn't help.

Having only seen a Youtube video of him, I thought (and others!) that he did look pacy. 

But we do have some history in signing supposed pacy players who haven't shown it in matches, so maybe just as well we aren't after him for his pace!

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I agree. If we are paying £100k+ compensation, it must be a minimum two year deal. I'll believe this when it's confirmed however as it just seems too good to be true. Seemingly Villa, Leeds and Swansea would have had to pay a massive compensation fee as those clubs play in English Leagues and the rules dictate much higher compo. By the sounds of it, he is an absolute bargain at the price and has huge potential. Fingers crossed this happens.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, heartmussel said:

Journalist with Sheffield Star,18,000 followers on twitter for what it’s worth?

Thanks for the info? So, as a journalist, it's more than likely he hasn't got a clue about cross border rules regarding compensation:whistling: