The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Well, we both know that isn't true. 

No World Cup for either of us but....

005E0564-0A50-4410-97C9-C3BC23B0602C.jpeg.22fb0cb4fcf078fd53fa2d9c52a018fa.jpeg

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

AuldReekie444
Just now, It should have been ten said:

:cornette:

Even people that agree with you, can see you are a toilet.

I hope you wise up, quickly. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Maybe that will turn out to be true if we never do.  I don’t agree we were clear favourites to beat Croatia but respect your view.  My point was coming into the tournament my expectations were non existent.  You may have the view we underachieved but given what I hoped for I will respectfully disagree 

The bookies had England as clear favourites to beat Croatia tonight. That would probably be skewed by a lot of money going on England. If you’d asked me after they played Argentina I would have said Croatia would be too strong for England as Modric and Rakitic are way better than anyone in England’s midfield but then Croatia were awful in their next two games and the first half tonight. Different team 2nd half and Modric ran the show. Three games in a row they’ve gone 120 minutes or penalties now - I fear the final could be a complete anti climax.

AuldReekie444
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

No World Cup for either of us but....

005E0564-0A50-4410-97C9-C3BC23B0602C.jpeg.22fb0cb4fcf078fd53fa2d9c52a018fa.jpeg

Using a photoshopped image of a 1980s gameshow which you had no hand in creating, , is probably as imaginative as you get.

It should have been ten

Even people that agree with you, can see you are a toilet.

I hope you wise up, quickly. 

‘Nonsense’ ?

2189FBD3-0706-4524-9E48-A91236BFB3D1.thumb.jpeg.e612d77b5275283ea0e545b23193780e.jpeg

It should have been ten

Using a photoshopped image of a 1980s gameshow which you had no hand in creating, , is probably as imaginative as you get.

You’re half daft, it’s only banter ffs

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

The bookies had England as clear favourites to beat Croatia tonight. That would probably be skewed by a lot of money going on England. If you’d asked me after they played Argentina I would have said Croatia would be too strong for England as Modric and Rakitic are way better than anyone in England’s midfield but then Croatia were awful in their next two games and the first half tonight. Different team 2nd half and Modric ran the show. Three games in a row they’ve gone 120 minutes or penalties now - I fear the final could be a complete anti climax.

I’m a bit torn, I want France to win as they are the best team and I think deserve to win but as as England fan if Croatia win they we lost to the eventual winners.  Overall though I think France had the tougher route so I will go for them.  I agree though I hope Croatia can find the legs to make it a good game, I thought it was amazing the energy they had today in extra time,so much respect for them.

AuldReekie444

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

‘Nonsense’ ?

2189FBD3-0706-4524-9E48-A91236BFB3D1.thumb.jpeg.e612d77b5275283ea0e545b23193780e.jpeg

Please, keep on showing your intelligence to everyone. 

Edited by AuldReekie444

We may have not qualified since 1998 but we've actually won more trophies since then.......ladies and Gentlemen.....the 2006 Kirin cup winners.....SCOTLAND!

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Well, we both know that isn't true. 

Enlighten us - what did England win?  Are you drinking meths tonight or is it crack? I’m concerned for your welfare and state of mind.

It should have been ten

Please, keep on showing your intelligence to everyone. 

Will do 

8E4EB752-5CBB-466F-AF40-7A375F3F1CDC.jpeg.b76d5dc5ae74b42ea5799be349e4a4a1.jpeg

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

We may have not qualified since 1998 but we've actually won more trophies since then.......ladies and Gentlemen.....the 2006 Kirin cup winners.....SCOTLAND!

:yas:

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

And I believe we’ve never lost to Croatia and think we beat France the last competitive game we played them so surely we’re the undisputed unofficial world champions, kinda like ‘67?

AuldReekie444
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And I believe we’ve never lost to Croatia and think we beat France the last competitive game we played them so surely we’re the undisputed unofficial world champions, kinda like ‘67?

jesus ****ing christ

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Good shout :D

:rudiyas: 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

I can literally see why the birthrate in Scotland is in decline. 

Are you sure you can see anything? You sound like you’re howling at the moon. 

It should have been ten
Just now, AuldReekie444 said:

bobbleheid here, happy clapping

Bet you’re the life and soul of the parties eh? Chin up, there’s always 2022 for your beloved England. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

jesus ****ing christ

Are you too thick / pished to realise that was a joke?

By the way, (to the normal people on here) how do you put idiots on ignore on this?

5 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

WTF are you slavering on about now:cornette:

AuldReekie444

Some people are stupid. I get that.

But to have two people, as stupid as this, at the same time, is wonderful.

I feel like I get to join them on their journeys.

AuldReekie444
Just now, Notts1874 said:

WTF are you slavering on about now:cornette:

You are fun as well. Im not missing you out 

Fozzyonthefence

I think you’re exaggerating - there’s you but there’s not anyone else in the same ballpark as you tonight in the stupidity stakes. Take a bow sir, you’ve excelled yourself.

You are fun as well. Im not missing you out 

You ain't right in the head buddy. We have now had a couple of conversations and the only thing I'm sure of is that you have Velcro on your shoes instead of laces.

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Think you should change your username to ‘Auldreekin444’ :booze:

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You ain't right in the head buddy. We have now had a couple of conversations and the only thing I'm sure of is that you have Velcro on your shoes instead of laces.

:lol:

AuldReekie444

Guys. Thank you for sharing your journeys with us all.

I think you are all very brave.

Edited by AuldReekie444

1 hour ago, AuldReekie444 said:

What a ridiculous comment.

4 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Tunisia were no mugs.

Colombia were no mugs either. 

Tunisia were shocking certainly defensively. Very much worse than their ranking says

Colombia if they played football possibly would of beaten England but with James out they kicked England about , England started kicking Colombia back and it was one of the worst games of the tournament but should of been a 50/50 game

Sweden were toothless and offered nothing in any game except against Mexico

England beat who was in front of them but it wasn’t much. As someone said Englands best result was losing to Belgium and they had an easier ride of it with mixed results.

Final four performances (rankings as at 18th May) (results based on 120 minutes) 

France ranked 7 (W5 D1 L0) beat:

Australia - 36

Peru - 11

Argentina - 5 

Uruguay - 14

Belgium - 3

Drew with

Denmark - 11

Belgium ranked 3 (W5 D0 L1) beat:

Panama - 55

Tunisia - 21

England - 13

Japan - 61

Brazil - 2

Lost to:

France - 7

Croatia ranked 20 (W4 D2 L0) beat:

Argentina - 5

Iceland - 22

Nigeria - 47

England - 13

Drew with

Denmark - 11

Russia - 66

England ranked 13 (W3 D1 L2) beat:

Tunisia - 21

Panama - 55

Sweden - 23

Drew with

Colombia - 16

Lost to

Belgium - 3

Croatia - 20

England lacked quality going forward and Kane was anonymous after the Tunisia and Panama games which shows where they need to improve. They got pride back in English football but didn’t exactly overachieve. They were able to be competitive with Southgates game plan A but lacked a game plan B. 

This has been a good, exciting world cup primarily because of VAR.

General standard has been poor, because the real big nations apart from France have been crap.

England have built a set piece base.

It's how they push on from here and can they progress into footballing side.

Set piece athletes can only get you so far.  

5 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

And Gorgie/West Edinburgh when Hibs are doing well?

Or Holland when Germany do well.

Or France, Germany, Spain, Australia  Argentina when England do.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Do we reckon Auldreekie wearing the full union jack PJs set or is it too clammy for a top and bottom combo?

:rofl::rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

:fing10:

44 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And Gorgie/West Edinburgh when Hibs are doing well?

Or Holland when Germany do well.

Or France, Germany, Spain, Australia  Argentina when England do.

Prat.  Last line was meant to start the other way.

Or England when....

Such a good read the last few pages. Drunkard having a breakdown whilst posting what he believes to be high brow wit that only his intellectual equals could appreciate when the reality is he's posting incomprehensible nonsense and being ripped all round.

10/10 kickback.

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Ya Beauty!!!!!! 

That will be the end of 24-7 wall to wall Engerlund Its Coming Home hysterical over the top nonsense 

Maybe the Tv and newspapers can go

back to reporting real news instead of the totally ridiculous cheer leading on every single programme and every single page

and all the pseudo Scots who supported them GIRFUY !!!

To any English people on here I can imagine their pain tonight but for any so called Scotsman/hun, cos that’s what you are get it bent right roond the lot of you you absolute weirdos. 

Scotland are shite so deal with it like the rest of us and keep your pretendy glory hunting for your other pretendy EPL teams. 

GIRFUY. 

Edited by jack D and coke

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

To any English people on here I can imagine their pain tonight but for any so called Scotsman/hun, cos that’s what you are get it bent right roond the lot of you you absolute weirdos. 

Scotland are shite so deal with it like the rest of us and keep your pretendy glory hunting for your other pretendy EPL teams. 

GIRFUY. 

Good post.

Wonder if they'll be singing it's coming home at the giro as hibs embark on their short european adventure.

Two well matched teams in this first round.  Could go either way.

Nail biting.

What a laugh if them or sevco go out.

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

To any English people on here I can imagine their pain tonight...

GIRFUY!

To any so called Scotsman/hun, cos that’s what you are get it bent right roond the lot of you you absolute weirdos. 

GIRFUY!

Edited it for you...

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, sassenach said:

No pain, most of us didn't expect much before the tournament, and we realised that we'd had an easy run thus far.

I find it a bit sad that so many on other threads are getting upset by the media, and using that as a barometer for the English in general. After all, even though I occasionally get to see the Daily Record, I still know that not all Scots are slavering erses :)

I watched the last two games in the pub, lived in Scotland for the best part of 40 years and genuinely have no issue with folk supporting the opposition we play, it’s a football rivalry after all, it’s what it’s all about.  However what was hard to take was the guys celebrating Croatia goals more crazily then I have ever celebrated an England goal.  Going absolutely bananas.  Can’t get my head round that.  

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

To my shame, I am Scottish, with a lot of Irish.

Scotland is a shite place. 

Im not a fan of Ireland or England. And a lot of Welsh people annoy me. 

On that note, everything you say about international football should be classified as utter Mince. 

Scotland is a shite place? 

Feel free to 

:bolt:

And

:getout:

Maybe move to Hull or Barnsley, you'll fit right in hating Scotland, Wales and whoever else ya want to hate ya chicken nugget. 

The only reason Scotland would be shite  is if it was filled with folk with your attitude. 

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, sassenach said:

No pain, most of us didn't expect much before the tournament, and we realised that we'd had an easy run thus far.

I find it a bit sad that so many on other threads are getting upset by the media, and using that as a barometer for the English in general. After all, even though I occasionally get to see the Daily Record, I still know that not all Scots are slavering erses :)

I don’t get upset by the media really I get upset with Scots pretendy support for a national team that’s better than ours, as if it means something to them too, it really winds me up. But i agree it’s difficult to listen to the media sometimes. I mean Glenn Hoddle even said Trippier sent in the cross of the tournament when he took a ball on the volley and crossed it last night :facepalm: 

England didn’t score from it and at the end of the day the guy is a professional footballer being paid millions of pounds. Gary Neville telling us how much better England are than Croatia, Lee Dixon saying how poor Croatia are then bang. Roy Keane was brilliant last night ripping Ian Wright in particular and there’s not been enough of that back down to earth with a bump mentality it’s just been it’s coming home it’s coming home and grown men losing their shit over what is, once again, a pretty ordinary England side. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I watched the last two games in the pub, lived in Scotland for the best part of 40 years and genuinely have no issue with folk supporting the opposition we play, it’s a football rivalry after all, it’s what it’s all about.  However what was hard to take was the guys celebrating Croatia goals more crazily then I have ever celebrated an England goal.  Going absolutely bananas.  Can’t get my head round that.  

Fair point tbh. 

Some take it too far.