The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

What's more bonkers...is that their 6 shots on target, was the same amount Saudi Arabia managed in their three games.

Genuinely struggling to see where this came from. Allegedly England had one shot on target last night. I only watched the highlights, but they scored, then there was a double save from Kane, then they had a header cleared off the line. Surely that has to be at least 4? The other three were all going in without a Croat in the way.

This has been a brilliant world cup and I thoroughly enjoyed the party.

Looking forward to the final and then a trip to Cove next week. 

I'm coming home.

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Genuinely struggling to see where this came from. Allegedly England had one shot on target last night. I only watched the highlights, but they scored, then there was a double save from Kane, then they had a header cleared off the line. Surely that has to be at least 4? The other three were all going in without a Croat in the way.

Scored from a corner...not open play.

Header off the line from a corner...not open play.

Kane was offside.

All of their goals in the tournament apart from 2...were from set plays/penalties.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The header was from a corner was it not?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:thumbsup: 

You're going to see a lot of rewriting of history when/if England hit the skids under Southgate. If the next qualifying group becomes an ordeal there'll be holes a plenty to pick in the squad and his tactical nous (which is pretty poor). The idea that this world cup is some sort of a staging point for a golden era just doesn't ring true with me, much as I'd like it to.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Isn’t there a new rule that states if every player other than the goalkeeper of the scoring side is off the park (ie no Croatia player is technically in England’s half preventing the restart) celebrating the game can recommence? 

All the Croatians were planting kisses on the photographer they nearly crushed!!!

Yeah I felt sorry for him when I saw them all get off ?

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You're going to see a lot of rewriting of history when/if England hit the skids under Southgate. If the next qualifying group becomes an ordeal there'll be holes a plenty to pick in the squad and his tactical nous (which is pretty poor). The idea that this world cup is some sort of a staging point for a golden era just doesn't ring true with me, much as I'd like it to.

After 35 minutes last night Croatia dominated. Southgate didn't make one tactical change. All the subs were like for like even though it was obvious they were being ragdolled in the middle of the park.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Kane was offside.

All of their goals in the tournament apart from 2...were from set plays/penalties.

Was Kane offside? I thought he flagged for a goal kick. If Kane wasn't offside for the first attempt (which wasn't flagged) then he can't have been offside for the second

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Was Kane offside? I thought he flagged for a goal kick. If Kane wasn't offside for the first attempt (which wasn't flagged) then he can't have been offside for the second

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Definitely flagged for offside on the first attempt. Incorrectly but still flagged.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The ref saved them from losing a third too right after their free kick at the end. I don’t know which Croatian player received the ball from Rakitic but he was at the half way line with Pickford nowhere and every England player in the Croatian half. A certain third which would’ve really been the icing on the cake :lol: 

Yeah the Ref made a few mistakes for both teams, not what you expect at this level.

9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Kane was offside.

Ah, I hadn’t realised they were only counting shots from open play. I wonder how other sides compare in that respect?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Definitely flagged for offside on the first attempt. Incorrectly but still flagged.

Ah okay, VAR would have let it stand though so I guess it should count a a shot on target

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Hmmm...???   :mellow:

:flag2:   

Sorry, not aimed at you (obviously)!

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Ah, I hadn’t realised they were only counting shots from open play. I wonder how other sides compare in that respect?

Saudi Arabia had 6 from open play in their three games...

You know, Saudi Arabia...one of the worst in the whole tournament.

Auld Reekin'
6 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Sorry, not aimed at you (obviously)!

:jjyay:

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

England have some decent players but the biggest problem imo is the insane transfer market down there. £50’s and £60m’s chucked about for players that have lots of flaws to their game. It leads them to think they have genuine world class players when they don’t. England are one of the worlds football big guns and their record is pretty tragic considering. 

I always thought the wheels would come off around QF and definitely Semi final time. 

I really hope Croatia win the tournament though. What an incredible achievement for a country that size. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

England have some decent players but the biggest problem imo is the insane transfer market down there. £50’s and £60m’s chucked about for players that have lots of flaws to their game. It leads them to think they have genuine world class players when they don’t. England are one of the worlds football big guns and their record is pretty tragic considering. 

I always thought the wheels would come off around QF and definitely Semi final time. 

I really hope Croatia win the tournament though. What an incredible achievement for a country that size. 

You could basically compare the qualities of the England football team to 'The Emperor's New Clothes'...with the English public and media correlating the skills of the foreign players in their league, to the English players that play with them.

When in reality...if you took those foreign players away from the Premier League, you would be left with the English Championship B.

2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

On a serious note...

Can all JKB members make the necessary precautions now, don't leave it until the last moment please...safety first, this could be a seriously high seismic event on the richter scale!

• Secure items, such as televisions, and objects that hang on walls. Store heavy and breakable objects on low shelves.
  • Practice Drop, Cover, then Hold On with family and coworkers. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Crawl only as far as needed to reach cover from falling materials. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops.
  • Create a family emergency communications plan that has an out-of-state contact. Plan where to meet if you get separated.
  • Make a supply kit that includes enough food and water for at least three days, a flashlight, a fire extinguisher, and a whistle. Consider each person’s specific needs, including medication. Do not forget the needs of pets. Have extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
  • Consider obtaining an earthquake insurance policy. Standard homeowner’s insurance does not cover earthquake damage.
  • Consider a retrofit of your building to correct structural issues that make it vulnerable to collapse during an earthquake.

Survive DURING:

• Drop, Cover, then Hold On like you practiced. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops. Crawl only if you can reach better cover without going through an area with more debris.

• If in bed, stay there and cover your head and neck with a pillow.

• If inside, stay there until the shaking stops. DO NOT run outside.

• If in a vehicle, stop in a clear area that is away from buildings, trees, overpasses, underpasses, or utility wires.

• If you are in a high-rise building, expect fire alarms and sprinklers to go off. Do not use elevators.

• If near slopes, cliffs, or mountains, be alert for falling rocks and landslides.

Lawson could return at any moment, hammering away on his keyboard...multi-quoting responses to everyone, barely able to see his monitor through gloom in his room and the salty, SALTY, SAAAAAAAAALTY tears:

I think it might take some time for the dot to get over this before we see him again.

Alex Kintner
44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Wasn’t flagged for offside. Linesman flagged that the ball had gone out after the second attempt.

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Wasn’t flagged for offside. Linesman flagged that the ball had gone out after the second attempt.

Correct. Tyldesley et al jumped on the off side bandwagon and then recanted afterwards. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I think it might take some time for the dot to get over this before we see him again.

Oh I reckon he's sat in his  Uruguayan bedsit right now, with the curtains drawn and light turned off...reading his 'not able to take photographs' phone and literally SHAKING WITH RAGE at what he's reading on here.

He's probably got cramp in his finger from it hovering over the submit reply button...rocking back and forward in the corner of the room and talking to himself like Gollum, shall we possssst it precious...NO PRECIOUS NO, DONNNNT POSSSSSHT IT PRECIOUS, but we mussssht possssht it precious...we knows besht about EVERYTHING PRECIOUS!

Bad Religion
15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I reckon he's sat in his  Uruguayan bedsit right now, with the curtains drawn and light turned off...reading his 'not able to take photographs' phone and literally SHAKING WITH RAGE at what he's reading on here.

He's probably got cramp in his finger from it hovering over the submit reply button...rocking back and forward in the corner of the room and talking to himself like Gollum, shall we possssst it precious...NO PRECIOUS NO, DONNNNT POSSSSSHT IT PRECIOUS, but we mussssht possssht it precious...we knows besht about EVERYTHING PRECIOUS!

I really hope this is true wherever he actually is.

17 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Let's just enjoy the peace & calm while we can. 

Stephen Muddie
24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The Dot :rofl:

Being honest here, not seeing our Dot on my thread catchup was disappointing but auldreekie brought home the bacon

Edited by Stephen Muddie

35 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You could basically compare the qualities of the England football team to 'The Emperor's New Clothes'...with the English public and media correlating the skills of the foreign players in their league, to the English players that play with them.

When in reality...if you took those foreign players away from the Premier League, you would be left with the English Championship B.

That's probably it though.

Money corrupts and in their case it's corrupted already inflated egos to the extent the media this morning is all about Euro 2020 and the next World Cup.

For crying out loud, England, listen to Modric, he's telling you what many know and believe.

Will they listen ? No chance....wait till the next tournament and it will all kick in again.

The Wrinkly Ninja
34 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

subasic took the free kick for the (incorrect) offside decision though did he not

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

That's what I thought

16 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

subasic took the free kick for the (incorrect) offside decision though did he not

He did, and the referee had his arm in the air to signal the decision was offside. If Kane had put the ball in the net or squared it for the tap in, the VAR would have allowed it. In fact, iirc, shouldn’t it have been a corner?

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

If that was right it would have been a corner as the keeper touched it last

Modric spelled it out directly to them. For heavens sake they should (but won’t) listen and learn.

next tournament will be the same.

could be a sequel for that 90’s film Groundhog Day :rofl:

You can then take the World Cup and Regional finishing places and award points for them

6 for a win

5 for finalist

4 for semi

3 for QF

2 for 2nd round

1 for qualifying

We then get this: 

totals.jpg

Which itself is far from complete. 

England think they're in the elite club but they're really a 2nd rate nation such as Russia or Portugal.

Edited by Cade

Alex Kintner
29 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Yeah ref made a boob but it would have been sorted by VAR

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

You can then take the World Cup and Regional finishing places and award points for them

6 for a win

5 for finalist

4 for semi

3 for QF

2 for 2nd round

1 for qualifying

We then get this: 

totals.jpg

England think they're in the elite club but they're really a 2nd rate nation such as Russia or Portugal.

The ramblings of a madman. 

Why start in 1968, by the way?

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

:rofl:

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

The ramblings of a madman. 

Why start in 1968, by the way?

Irrespective of that...I'd still be fairly happy with that overall as an England fan (8th most successful overall).

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Irrespective of that...I'd still be fairly happy with that overall as an England fan (8th most successful overall).

I literally have no idea what the guy is trying to prove by his efforts. 

Irrespective of including the year that would give a World Cup victory? 

Its a smidge embarrassing tbh

Edited by Nookie Bear

Scotland fans laughing at England and downplaying their performance really is quite tragic. Have these people noticed that we (Scotland) have not qualified for a major tournament in 20 years? Folk in Scotland need to focus their frustration and anger at the embarrassing state of our own national team rather than worrying about England. 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

6 for a win

5 for finalist

4 for semi

3 for QF

2 for 2nd round

1 for qualifying

We then get this: 

totals.jpg

Do I need to turn my phone the other way to find Scotland?

:kiss:

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Scotland fans laughing at England and downplaying their performance really is quite tragic. Have these people noticed that we (Scotland) have not qualified for a major tournament in 20 years? Folk in Scotland need to focus their frustration and anger at the embarrassing state of our own national team rather than worrying about England. 

So I take it you've never had a wee chuckle to yourself when hibs have hibs it in any competition then.

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Treasurer said:

So I take it you've never had a wee chuckle to yourself when hibs have hibs it in any competition then.

Of course we have. 

But ive never got the coloured crayons out either :lol:

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I literally have no idea what the guy is trying to prove by his efforts. 

Irrespective of including the year that would give a World Cup victory? 

Its a smidge embarrassing tbh

To be fair...including 1966 wouldn't move them up a place anyway.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

To be fair...including 1966 wouldn't move them up a place anyway.

Who knows how it would have been scored? 

Would probably need a new crayon as well. Tricky. 

9 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I can laugh at England getting beat and worry about Scotland at the same time. I'm talented like that.