The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who knows how it would have been scored? 

Would probably need a new crayon as well. Tricky. 

6 for a win - he said how he scored it.

Moving England to 49 points...2 below spain.

But then some of the other teams would get points for 1966 as well obviously.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

12 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Scotland fans laughing at England and downplaying their performance really is quite tragic. Have these people noticed that we (Scotland) have not qualified for a major tournament in 20 years? Folk in Scotland need to focus their frustration and anger at the embarrassing state of our own national team rather than worrying about England. 

Plenty other times to do that, today is laugh at England day. Take it you didn't laugh at hib s getting cuffed by Livi in the league cup final due to us never getting there??

Nookie Bear
Just now, Deviskan said:

6 for a win - he said how he scored it.

Moving England to 49 points...2 below spain.

But then some of the other teams would get points for 1966 as well obviously.

Based on Duckworth-Lewis, I would have given 11.3 pts for a World Cup won and only 7.87 for a Euros. 

How does that affect the Scoreboard of Insanity?

Got enough crayons?

;)

Nookie Bear
48 minutes ago, Cade said:

And incomplete!

Euros dicks.jpg

USSR and Czechoslovakia doing well to go far in tournaments even after breaking up. 

:sadrobbo:

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Stats don't lie.

England have been a 2nd rate footballing nation for 50 years

:greggy: 

“Stats”

(assigns random numbers to a group of nations - some of whom no longer exist - starts the data on a random date, and now thinks he is Stephen Hawking)

I’m laughing at you. Sorry. :laugh:

Nookie Bear
Just now, luckydug said:

Nookie finding life unbearable today?

I was irritated last night but Cade’s Crayons Of Craziness have fair perked me up. 

42 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Scotland fans laughing at England and downplaying their performance really is quite tragic. Have these people noticed that we (Scotland) have not qualified for a major tournament in 20 years? Folk in Scotland need to focus their frustration and anger at the embarrassing state of our own national team rather than worrying about England. 

No perfectly entitled to enjoy England getting beat 

Loving it 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No perfectly entitled to enjoy England getting beat 

Loving it 

I didn't say you are not entitled to enjoy England getting beat. My point was that I find it rather ironic Scottish fans making fun of England. England have just reached a world cup semi-final whereas we've not reached a major tournament in 20 years - unlike a string of small nations including Iceland, NI, Wales etc. 

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nookie finding life unbearable today?

Have also enjoyed the reaction of everyone on here. Made me realise just how lucky I am. 

:sweeet:

35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Plenty other times to do that, today is laugh at England day. Take it you didn't laugh at hib s getting cuffed by Livi in the league cup final due to us never getting there??

Us as Hearts fans laughing at Hibs is hardly on a par with Scotland fans laughing at England in terms of the respective positions of the teams. In fact us as Hearts fans laughing at Hibs, is more like England fans laughing at Scotland. 

47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Of course we have. 

But ive never got the coloured crayons out either :lol:

Indeed. :D I'm glad that England were given the heave-ho, but some of the gloating reactions against England (and Shaun, who didn't really think England would do well anyway) on here are incredibly amusing, like the crazed jibes of primary school kids to someone who has just dropped their lollipop. Anyone who even dares not join them gets accused of having salty bitter tears or similar. Crazy (and just a wee bit sad). :D

29 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

USSR and Czechoslovakia doing well to go far in tournaments even after breaking up. 

:sadrobbo:

Pretty disrespectful to their component countries. Akin to conflating the UK and England.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Pretty disrespectful to their component countries. Akin to conflating the UK and England.

Perhaps Cade included Scotland’s stats in with England’s.  Could be important. 

colinmaroon
27 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I didn't say you are not entitled to enjoy England getting beat. My point was that I find it rather ironic Scottish fans making fun of England. England have just reached a world cup semi-final whereas we've not reached a major tournament in 20 years - unlike a string of small nations including Iceland, NI, Wales etc. 

A joke is a joke!

Some jokes are funnier than others but that doesn't mean that comparing them makes any joke less of a joke.

In case anyone is struggling with the analogy, Scotland are a joke and so are England and, Scotland being a joke doesn't stop us laughing at England, in particular, their media.

Edited by colinmaroon

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps Cade included Scotland’s stats in with England’s.  Could be important. 

Well it looks as if he also included West Germany's results in Germany's, a metaphorical punch in the face to East Germany, so you never know.

So, let's see - he managed to disrespect East Germany, Slovakia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

Ok, so I wouldn't describe many of these as top footballing nations, but all the same to show the same mentality that has people round the world confusing the UK with England (which annoys me, to be honest) is quite astonishing. If the UK were to split up into its constituent nations, would he also be happy to make a table of Olympic medals and have England take over the mantle from the UK?

:rofl:

Just because I couldn't be arsed typing "USSR/Russia" or "Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic" you're spitting the dummy?

England remain a 2nd rate football nation.

Edited by Cade

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. :D I'm glad that England were given the heave-ho, but some of the gloating reactions against England (and Shaun, who didn't really think England would do well anyway) on here are incredibly amusing, like the crazed jibes of primary school kids to someone who has just dropped their lollipop. Anyone who even dares not join them gets accused of having salty bitter tears or similar. Crazy (and just a wee bit sad). :D

102489277_eng_fans2_getty-390x220.jpg

En1.jpg

En2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

We can do both

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Just because I couldn't be arsed typing "USSR/Russia" or "Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic" you're spitting the dummy?

“Stats”

”Couldn’t be arsed...”

:lol::lol:

Edited by Nookie Bear

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

:D But how did you decide that the Czech Republic is more important than Slovakia, or that West Germany is more important than East Germany?

Because of their size?

Do you think that England is more important than Scotland, and should take over the UK's sporting history if/when we split up?

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

102489277_eng_fans2_getty-390x220.jpg

En1.jpg

En2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Deviskan, don't take this personally but you are coming over as the zoomer-in-chief on this thread. I'd hate to meet you in real life. :D

Some folk need to chill. We’re having a laugh at the auld enemy getting put out of the World Cup. Auld rivalry really is dead for some folk as well as a sense of humour

we know Scotland are shite. We know we need to improve. There’s plenty threads that discuss that when we play. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Deviskan, don't take this personally but you are coming over as the zoomer-in-chief on this thread. I'd hate to meet you in real life. :D

Thanks...and I'd hate to meet you at a party.

Do I give a flying feck what some random on the internet thinks...nope.

ENGLAND GOT PUMPED...GET IT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIGHT UP YA

Just now, Deviskan said:

Thanks...and I'd hate to meet you at a party.

Do I give a flying feck what some random on the internet thinks...nope.

ENGLAND GOT PUMPED...GET IT RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIGHT UP YA

I don't think you understand. Let's see if I can make it clear (I will try and keep my words simple ;) ).

I am glad that England lost. Why don't you put your keyboard down, wipe the dribble off it, then go out and find an actual English football fan to have a go at rather than having a go at fellow Hearts fans for the defeat of a team that wasn't Hearts.

Thank you for listening.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

We can do both

The problem is I don't think we do. My feeling is that there is considerably more energy expended on criticising/laughing at/wishing ill on the England national team than there is on focusing on the huge issues with our own national team. There was a good article in the Scotsman by Henry McLeish on this very subject in the Scotsman earlier this week. If the performance of the England team is a 'joke' I'm afraid our own performance over the last two decades is 10 times more of a joke. 

Nookie Bear

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Playing fast and loose with stats. 

Typical Tory. 

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think you understand. Let's see if I can make it clear (I will try and keep my words simple ;) ).

I am glad that England lost. Why don't you put your keyboard down, wipe the dribble off it, then go out and find an actual English football fan to have a go at rather than having a go at fellow Hearts fans for the defeat of a team that wasn't Hearts.

Thank you for listening.

I'll make it simple for yourself as well, as you appear to believe that you're in some way intellectually superior to myself...which in itself, is frankly arrogant in the extreme.

Perhaps if the internet allowed the facility to write like a baby chimp let loose with a crayon...what I'm about to write would slowly, ever so slowly might make it's way through your 3 inch thick cranial bone...but who can tell (certainly not myself, as I'd hesitate to guess the intellectual capacity of a person online...simply from reading a couple of posts made in jest)?!

Hearts fans...can be English fans too!

FECK ME...hopefully that hasn't just blew your mind.

Finally...as you will see from my location, that's precisely what I've been doing all day in the office...you know, to actual English fans that don't have a personality like a delicate wallflower (which it appears you may well do...those poor wittle English Hearts fans that are getting picked on with banter...NASTY DEVISKAN!!!).

P.S.

GIRFUY!

Edited by Deviskan

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

Disagree.

"we're shite and we know we are" springs to mind!  

And it's easy to both focuse ire on the SFA as well as chuckle at English inadequacy.

Just now, Deviskan said:

I'll make it simple for yourself as well, as you appear to believe that you're in some way intellectually superior to myself...which in itself, is frankly arrogant in the extreme.

Arrogant? Stating something that wouldn't be too difficult at all? :D

As long as you're also getting the time to make the teas in that office of yours - I wouldn't want you to get the sack for not doing your job.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Modric spelled it out directly to them. For heavens sake they should (but won’t) listen and learn.

next tournament will be the same.

could be a sequel for that 90’s film Groundhog Day :rofl:

Keane as well.

A joy to watch after match last night.

Dixon a pundit who I have always liked just talked shite every time England were on ITV.

Just now, redjambo said:

Arrogant? Stating something that wouldn't be too difficult at all? :D

As long as you're also getting the time to make the teas in that office of yours - I wouldn't want you to get the sack for not doing your job.

Even more amusing...now you have a better job than me as well as being intellectually superior, now that's extremely interesting.

I'm now embarrassed for you...as well as not wanting to lower myself to such an uncouth level.

Anyway, if you could please wait a sec, I want to grab a couple of buckets so I can gather as much of your wishy, washy...whining tears are possible.

Just now, Deviskan said:

Even more amusing...now you have a better job than me as well as being intellectually superior, now that's extremely interesting.

I'm now embarrassed for you...as well as not wanting to lower myself to such an uncouth level.

Anyway, if you could please wait a sec, I want to grab a couple of buckets so I can gather as much of your wishy, washy...whining tears are possible.

:D

It's like talking to a caveman. Laughter is the order of the day in the redjambo household at the moment, not tears, I'm afraid to say, so that trip to get the buckets may be wasted. You're an amusing guy.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D

It's like talking to a caveman. Laughter is the order of the day in the redjambo household at the moment, not tears, I'm afraid to say, so that trip to get the buckets may be wasted. You're an amusing guy.

So what you're saying is...your family are pishing themselves are your godawful attempts to interject into this thread and derail the topic?

I see...

Anyway, back on topic:

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, Deviskan said:

So what you're saying is...your family are pishing themselves are your godawful attempts to interject into this thread and derail the topic?

I see...

No, unsurprisingly, they're laughing at you. Comedy Gold. :D

Derail the topic? The topic was about whether "It was coming home". It didn't, thank feck. No, it's more like you that has derailed it with your amusing playground slaverings. Have you thought about transferring over to .net? - you'd fit it to a T. :)

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, unsurprisingly, they're laughing at you. Comedy Gold. :D

Derail the topic? The topic was about whether "It was coming home". It didn't, thank feck. No, it's more like you that has derailed it with your amusing playground slaverings. Have you thought about transferring over to .net? - you'd fit it to a T. :)

HOUSE!

Now I'm a Hibs fan...( An intellectually challenged Hibs fan with a job poor in comparison to your own)...what's next, am I seething/angry?

Some might say...only a fool would make assertions about someone they know absolutely nothing about.

So congratulations, you have well and truly exceeded yourself in that respect!

Edited by Deviskan

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Anyway, I'm off out, my dearest Deviskan, so cheers for the "banter". :D

giphy.gif

You're more than welcome...have a nice time!

Just now, Deviskan said:

HOUSE!

Now I'm a Hibs fan...( An intellectually challenged Hibs fan with a job poor in comparison to your own)...what's next, am I seething/angry?

Some might say...only a fool would make assertions about someone they know absolutely nothing about.

So congratulations, you have well and truly exceeded yourself in that respect!

Going by the size of that text, why yes, yes you are. :D

At no point did I say that I had a better job than you, btw, you merely inferred that. The rest I'll stick with though. ;)

Just now, Deviskan said:

You're more than welcome...have a nice time!

:D Cheers. Sorry about not helping you with those buckets.

Just now, redjambo said:

Going by the size of that text, why yes, yes you are. :D

At no point did I say that I had a better job than you, btw, you merely inferred that. The rest I'll stick with though. ;)

Oh but you doth protest too much I'm afraid...you attempted to belittle me, by claiming I was the teaboy in the office.

Which, as I said previously...is amusing.

Anyway...toodlepip...have a nice evening.

I'm glad they're out, however my joy is tinged with a bit regret cos my two wee nephews aged 12 and 6 will be breaking their hearts. Born and bred Londoners.

Still. Life's hard innit? They gotta learn sometime. At least they're not West Ham fans

Russia and Czech Republic are the main successor states of the old unions, therefor their previous union results were included. I'd do the same with the other constituent parts of each respective union too, if could be bothered to compile every single nation that's ever appeared at a World cup or regional championship finals.

England remain a second rate nation though, no matter how many objective stats you try to ignore.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:facepalm: