The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

jack D and coke
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

On that note, everything you say about international football should be classified as utter Mince. 

Scotland is a shite place? 

Feel free to 

:bolt:

And

:getout:

Maybe move to Hull or Barnsley, you'll fit right in hating Scotland, Wales and whoever else ya want to hate ya chicken nugget. 

The only reason Scotland would be shite  is if it was filled with folk with your attitude. 

Auld reeking 1690 1966 or whatever his handle is’ meltdown has been very pleasing reading :lol: 

Defo been sobbing into his cooking sherry last night. 

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I watched the last two games in the pub, lived in Scotland for the best part of 40 years and genuinely have no issue with folk supporting the opposition we play, it’s a football rivalry after all, it’s what it’s all about.  However what was hard to take was the guys celebrating Croatia goals more crazily then I have ever celebrated an England goal.  Going absolutely bananas.  Can’t get my head round that.  

Your SALTY tears are like a fine wine...

Just remember, this was the best chance you will ever have to see your Country win a World Cup again.

102489277_eng_fans2_getty-390x220.jpg

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Your SALTY tears are like a fine wine...

Just remember, this was the best chance you will ever have to see your Country win a World Cup again.

102489277_eng_fans2_getty-390x220.jpg

Haha it’s cool mate keep it coming.  Though that first sentence was slightly creepy 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Auld reeking 1690 1966 or whatever his handle is’ meltdown has been very pleasing reading :lol: 

Defo been sobbing into his cooking sherry last night. 

Scottish person in tears because England got beat 

:robbo:

Nb- feel a bit for the English folk, but st George waving Scots can GTF. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good, God.

What went on here last night? :lol:

England got beat, it's not coming home , seems to have broken some Scottish person who hates Scotland and the welsh. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Hilarious how all the media are claiming the whole ‘it’s coming home’ was just a joke. They didn’t expect to win. They are all hero’s. They’ve United the country.

Wait until the next internationals and if they don’t excite they will be torn to shreds as per.

Morons.

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Haha it’s cool mate keep it coming.  Though that first sentence was slightly creepy 

hqdefault.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Hilarious how all the media are claiming the whole ‘it’s coming home’ was just a joke. They didn’t expect to win. They are all hero’s. They’ve United the country.

Wait until the next internationals and if they don’t excite they will be torn to shreds as per.

Morons.

The media as always take things too far.  Really a pretty ordinary International Team who were beaten by two teams that had a wee bit class and football about them. Glad it's just about over and the media can find something else to slaver undiluted pish over.

Edited by Deevers

7 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

Some people are stupid. I get that.

But to have two people, as stupid as this, at the same time, is wonderful.

I feel like I get to join them on their journeys.

Make that three you slaver. Loving your tears and snotters.

11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Just got a vision of Hannibal Lecter sipping his tear chianti

8 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

England got beat, it's not coming home , seems to have broken some Scottish person who hates Scotland and the welsh. 

And Irish and English ??‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good, God.

What went on here last night? :lol:

Just what I was thinking!

Some meltdown fae the reeking fella! 

:cornette_dog:

27 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

On that note, everything you say about international football should be classified as utter Mince. 

Scotland is a shite place? 

Feel free to 

:bolt:

And

:getout:

Maybe move to Hull or Barnsley, you'll fit right in hating Scotland, Wales and whoever else ya want to hate ya chicken nugget. 

The only reason Scotland would be shite  is if it was filled with folk with your attitude. 

Well said

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Morons.

The straw clutching and back pedalling this morning is

:glorious:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

"They beat the mighty Tunisia... "

"Then beat Colombia who forgot to play football "

Away you both go with your nonsense. 

Colombia were bang average, and minus Rodriguez. I assume you're not blind?

56 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I watched the last two games in the pub, lived in Scotland for the best part of 40 years and genuinely have no issue with folk supporting the opposition we play, it’s a football rivalry after all, it’s what it’s all about.  However what was hard to take was the guys celebrating Croatia goals more crazily then I have ever celebrated an England goal.  Going absolutely bananas.  Can’t get my head round that.  

My take on your last sentence, it's not a reflection on the English team itself. Largely, they came across well at this tournament.

The media and pundits were honking however, listen to non Scots talking about it, Ivanisevic and Moderic before and after the game. 

For me, that unfounded arrogance drives a reaction. 

Got to be honest, there's a but of an anticlimactic feeling in me this morning. Didn't want England to win but I couldn't stop myself watching SSN and BBC News all day yesterday and I have to admit I absolutely loved the optimism and belief in the build up and part of me definitely would like to have seen an England build up to Sunday. It might have been a bit too risky but I would have had every faith in France beating them.

I love football rivalry and I find a tournament far more interesting if there's some familiarity in the competitors. I don't think Aberdeen, Rangers or Hibs will bother UEFA in the group stage draw for the Europa but Celtic may reach the CL again and (financial gain notwithstanding) it definitely makes for better watching when they get hit for 5 or 7 by a really top team. On the other hand, if they blow it against some team from Azerbaijan or somewhere in the qualifiers, that'll be funny too. Win win.

And finally, I wish we'd stop going on about the luck of Hearts draw in 1998 while comparing it with this England side. That Hearts side was fantastic and would arguably have beaten anyone put in front of us in the second half of that season. We'd gone gung ho against the OF in the early part of the season, learned as the season wore on and, as has been said, we beat a strong Rangers in the final. In fact, I still believe we were only a Colin Cameron pelvic injury from being Scotland's top dogs that year. I'm not sure you can say the same about England as the draw clearly mattered in terms of them progressing.

Edited by Shaggy2

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, EH11 said:

My take on your last sentence, it's not a reflection on the English team itself. Largely, they came across well at this tournament.

The media and pundits were honking however, listen to non Scots talking about it, Ivanisevic and Moderic before and after the game. 

For me, that unfounded arrogance drives a reaction. 

Yeah totally get that.  Growing up here I have spent my whole life wincing  and cringing  every time they say something ignorant or arrogant as I know how Scottish people will react and I and my fellow Scottish based English people then feel the pain.  They will never change though, too many little englanders Lap up that sort of coverage - sigh.  

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

On the subject of the media, 5 Live has been superb, especially Chris Waddle and Pat Nevin.

It has, but....

Whilst preparing dinner last night pre-match I was listening to it.  The pundits etc were excited, which is fair enough, although perhaps a little too much hubris for my liking, but what really got my goat was the news.

"The hope of the nation rest on this young England team as they approach the semi final with Croatia..."

Sorry, BBC, hopes of what nation?  Britain?  Damn sure if it were Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it would have read "The hopes of Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland etc etc etc"

England is not Britain and Britain is not England!

Anyway, a gripe, but unfortunately this sort of myopia is to be expected.

Other than that, yes, agree, 5 Live has been very, very good.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

36998559_1919755901402939_7942170381786284032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7cbe0397398abca3719d2a68dd0db305&oe=5BA47344

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, farin said:

Even the bookies got it wrong. 

1E720B58-B171-4819-9C4E-1AE3F855B244.jpeg

Understandable due to the short turnarounds between games. They’ll have printed both possible outcomes.

The odds are quite interesting. They had France 6/5, England 21/10 and the draw 21/10.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Bring back the Auld Reekin one.

tenor.gif

Someone posted this before...but it really is an incredible statistic:

England only had 6 shots on target from open play in over TEN HOURS of football, one of which was a deflection off Kane's heel.

Their non-existent creativity in midfield has come back to haunt them...as predicted before the start of the tournament.

The White Cockade
11 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

nonsense. 

Nonsense from a small minded Scottish nationalist too

What bits nonsense?

did England best anybody of note? Nah

did they lose to the two decent teams they played? Aye

jusr facts

nothing to do with Scottish Nationalism

in your words that’s just nonsense 

troll some other forum mate

Stephen Muddie

I was out watching the game and ended up smashed and hence not on kickback last night... Not feeling too bad and I must say I'm looking forward to catching up on this thread. Off I go... Hope i don't spew or piss myself again

On a serious note...

Can all JKB members make the necessary precautions now, don't leave it until the last moment please...safety first, this could be a seriously high seismic event on the richter scale!

• Secure items, such as televisions, and objects that hang on walls. Store heavy and breakable objects on low shelves.
  • Practice Drop, Cover, then Hold On with family and coworkers. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Crawl only as far as needed to reach cover from falling materials. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops.
  • Create a family emergency communications plan that has an out-of-state contact. Plan where to meet if you get separated.
  • Make a supply kit that includes enough food and water for at least three days, a flashlight, a fire extinguisher, and a whistle. Consider each person’s specific needs, including medication. Do not forget the needs of pets. Have extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
  • Consider obtaining an earthquake insurance policy. Standard homeowner’s insurance does not cover earthquake damage.
  • Consider a retrofit of your building to correct structural issues that make it vulnerable to collapse during an earthquake.

Survive DURING:

• Drop, Cover, then Hold On like you practiced. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops. Crawl only if you can reach better cover without going through an area with more debris.

• If in bed, stay there and cover your head and neck with a pillow.

• If inside, stay there until the shaking stops. DO NOT run outside.

• If in a vehicle, stop in a clear area that is away from buildings, trees, overpasses, underpasses, or utility wires.

• If you are in a high-rise building, expect fire alarms and sprinklers to go off. Do not use elevators.

• If near slopes, cliffs, or mountains, be alert for falling rocks and landslides.

Lawson could return at any moment, hammering away on his keyboard...multi-quoting responses to everyone, barely able to see his monitor through gloom in his room and the salty, SALTY, SAAAAAAAAALTY tears:

Auld Reekin'
41 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Bring back the Auld Reekin one.

Hmmm...???   :mellow:

:flag2:   

John Findlay
9 hours ago, AuldReekie444 said:

England were tested in every match. 

In what way were they tested against Panama?

Pasquale for King

I can’t seem to copy and paste it but there’s a video going around of England trying to take the kickoff quickly after Croatia scored, only the Croatian goalie was in their half ???.

6A0183C6-144D-46A4-8A67-AFBAA26146B3.png

0EEE9BC7-A06B-4DC7-9327-DD3DEF555309.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

On a serious note...

Can all JKB members make the necessary precautions now, don't leave it until the last moment please...safety first, this could be a seriously high seismic event on the richter scale!

• Secure items, such as televisions, and objects that hang on walls. Store heavy and breakable objects on low shelves.
  • Practice Drop, Cover, then Hold On with family and coworkers. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Crawl only as far as needed to reach cover from falling materials. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops.
  • Create a family emergency communications plan that has an out-of-state contact. Plan where to meet if you get separated.
  • Make a supply kit that includes enough food and water for at least three days, a flashlight, a fire extinguisher, and a whistle. Consider each person’s specific needs, including medication. Do not forget the needs of pets. Have extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
  • Consider obtaining an earthquake insurance policy. Standard homeowner’s insurance does not cover earthquake damage.
  • Consider a retrofit of your building to correct structural issues that make it vulnerable to collapse during an earthquake.

Survive DURING:

• Drop, Cover, then Hold On like you practiced. Drop to your hands and knees. Cover your head and neck with your arms. Hold on to any sturdy furniture until the shaking stops. Crawl only if you can reach better cover without going through an area with more debris.

• If in bed, stay there and cover your head and neck with a pillow.

• If inside, stay there until the shaking stops. DO NOT run outside.

• If in a vehicle, stop in a clear area that is away from buildings, trees, overpasses, underpasses, or utility wires.

• If you are in a high-rise building, expect fire alarms and sprinklers to go off. Do not use elevators.

• If near slopes, cliffs, or mountains, be alert for falling rocks and landslides.

Lawson could return at any moment, hammering away on his keyboard...multi-quoting responses to everyone, barely able to see his monitor through gloom in his room and the salty, SALTY, SAAAAAAAAALTY tears:

:gok:

letsalldothebeattie
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t seem to copy and paste it but there’s a video going around of England trying to take the kickoff quickly after Croatia scored, only the Croatian goalie was in their half ???.

Cant upload the video but ive just seen it, makes it even sweeter now

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Isn’t there a new rule that states if every player other than the goalkeeper of the scoring side is off the park (ie no Croatia player is technically in England’s half preventing the restart) celebrating the game can recommence? 

All the Croatians were planting kisses on the photographer they nearly crushed!!!

13 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Isn’t there a new rule that states if every player other than the goalkeeper of the scoring side is off the park (ie no Croatia player is technically in England’s half preventing the restart) celebrating the game can recommence? 

All the Croatians were planting kisses on the photographer they nearly crushed!!!

Would taint England for years if they had done that.

Southgate would probably have to resign. 

Edited by Mikey1874

lauriesrank
22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oh yes much more of that. I quite like them both though. Loved Mary Whitehouse Experience back in the day and Fantasy Football was of its time but great. Skinner was a fine standup in his day too.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Someone posted this before...but it really is an incredible statistic:

England only had 6 shots on target from open play in over TEN HOURS of football, one of which was a deflection off Kane's heel.

Their non-existent creativity in midfield has come back to haunt them...as predicted before the start of the tournament.

That’s bonkers....

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s bonkers....

What's more bonkers...is that their 6 shots on target, was the same amount Saudi Arabia managed in their three games.

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ref saved them from losing a third too right after their free kick at the end. I don’t know which Croatian player received the ball from Rakitic but he was at the half way line with Pickford nowhere and every England player in the Croatian half. A certain third which would’ve really been the icing on the cake :lol: 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

What's more bonkers...is that their 6 shots on target, was the same amount Saudi Arabia managed in their three games.

A crazy stat. Are you sure that’s right? 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A crazy stat. Are you sure that’s right? 

Times Sports journalist Alan Smith: