The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

If England do win it now it will be an amazing achievement as that French side are miles ahead of them.

On a different note, I did enjoy the podcast about Football's Coming Home on the BBC World Cup Daily. However, they failed to mention the Germans taking the piss when they won Euro 96 as their fans sung it after winning!

Alex Kintner
38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If England do win it now it will be an amazing achievement as that French side are miles ahead of them.

On a different note, I did enjoy the podcast about Football's Coming Home on the BBC World Cup Daily. However, they failed to mention the Germans taking the piss when they won Euro 96 as their fans sung it after winning!

I remember that. 

:jjyay:

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If Geoff, and it’s a big if, England beat Croatia the morns night, they will have every chance against France.  France are not ‘miles ahead’.  They are tactically superior and in Mbappe have a potential match winner but England do too, in a lesser degree, in Kane.

Write them off at your peril.

1 hour ago, assessor said:

France24 news saying that game v Belgium was the final before the final.  Wow, confident.

Saw that.

They are so cocky it’s untrue.

shaun.lawson
11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

*unadulterated, unhinged guff from start to finish*

I thought old age was supposed to bring tranquility and wisdom, Colin? Not in your case, it seems.

"Oh no! They're getting excited that their team is still in the World Cup! HOW DARE THEY? No other country gets excited about their team reaching a semi-final. So arrogant, the English. I'm such a victim having the endless misfortune of living next door to them. Nothing can compare with what I've had to suffer. Having to listen to English football pundits is a whole different level of pain from war in Syria or parents separated from their kids in the US. Woe is me. Will someone save me from this hell?"

Here's the thing about... oh sod it, I'll say it, 1966. It says that we're shit. England have reached one major tournament final ever. And none overseas. That's despite us being a football-crazy nation of fifty plus million. Over the last 20 years, every major footballing nation in Western Europe has either won something (in France and Spain's cases, several things), or reached a final. France, indeed, have now reached 5 finals in that time, an amazing record. The odd man out? England. Our record is pathetic.

If I were Scottish, if I ever heard the words "nineteen sixty-six", I'd laugh. Because it's just like if Hibs fans reminisced or boasted about 1902 prior to two years ago. It's a massive millstone around the England football team's necks. But you, being you, actually get offended by it regardless. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it.

Tomorrow night, we'll try and make history. Just reaching our first major final overseas ever would be cause for massive celebration. Maybe we will, maybe we won't; I think it'll be taut, tense, and I'm worried about the referee who's been chosen. But beyond that, I, like most of my compatriots, will take simple pride and joy from how well this team's done, how humble and gracious it's been, and how wonderful the manager is. Whether we win or lose, bitterness is not part of my makeup. Unlike a good number of people on here.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I thought old age was supposed to bring tranquility and wisdom, Colin? Not in your case, it seems.

"Oh no! They're getting excited that their team is still in the World Cup! HOW DARE THEY? No other country gets excited about their team reaching a semi-final. So arrogant, the English. I'm such a victim having the endless misfortune of living next door to them. Nothing can compare with what I''ve had to suffer. Having to listen to English football pundits is a whole different level of pain from war in Syria or parents having their kids separated in the US. Woe is me. Will someone save me from this hell?"

Here's the thing about... oh sod it, I'll say it, 1966, Colin. It says that we're shit. England have reached one major tournament final ever. And none overseas. That's despite us being a football-crazy nation of fifty plus million. Over the last 20 years, every major footballing nation in Western Europe has either won something (in France and Spain's cases, several things), or reached a final. France, indeed, have now reached 5 finals in that time, an amazing record. The odd man out? England.

If I were Scottish, if I ever heard the words "nineteen sixty-six", I'd laugh. Because it's just like if Hibs fans reminisced or boasted about 1902. It's a massive millstone around the England football team's necks. But you, being you, actually get offended by it regardless. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it.

Tomorrow night, we'll try and make history. Just reaching our first major final overseas ever would be cause for massive celebration. Maybe we will, maybe we won't; I think it'll be taut, tense, and I'm worried about the referee who's been chosen. But beyond that, I, like most of my compatriots, will take simple pride and joy from how well this team's done, how humble and gracious it's been, and how wonderful the manager is. Whether we win or lose, bitterness is not part of my makeup. Unlike a good number of people on here.

What a bitter post

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"Oh no! They're getting excited that their team is still in the World Cup! HOW DARE THEY? No other country gets excited about their team reaching a semi-final. So arrogant, the English. I'm such a victim having the endless misfortune of living next door to them. Nothing can compare with what I''ve had to suffer. Having to listen to English football pundits is a whole different level of pain from war in Syria or parents having their kids separated in the US. Woe is me. Will someone save me from this hell?"

Here's the thing about... oh sod it, I'll say it, 1966, Colin. It says that we're shit. England have reached one major tournament final ever. And none overseas. That's despite us being a football-crazy nation of fifty plus million. Over the last 20 years, every major footballing nation in Western Europe has either won something (in France and Spain's cases, several things), or reached a final. France, indeed, have now reached 5 finals in that time, an amazing record. The odd man out? England.

If I were Scottish, if I ever heard the words "nineteen sixty-six", I'd laugh. Because it's just like if Hibs fans reminisced or boasted about 1902. It's a massive millstone around the England football team's necks. But you, being you, actually get offended by it regardless. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it.

Says the person who said England not qualifying from their group would be as big a national tragedy as a school shooting :facepalm:

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"Oh no! They're getting excited that their team is still in the World Cup! HOW DARE THEY? No other country gets excited about their team reaching a semi-final. So arrogant, the English. I'm such a victim having the endless misfortune of living next door to them. Nothing can compare with what I''ve had to suffer. Having to listen to English football pundits is a whole different level of pain from war in Syria or parents separated from their kids in the US. Woe is me. Will someone save me from this hell?"

Here's the thing about... oh sod it, I'll say it, 1966, Colin. It says that we're shit. England have reached one major tournament final ever. And none overseas. That's despite us being a football-crazy nation of fifty plus million. Over the last 20 years, every major footballing nation in Western Europe has either won something (in France and Spain's cases, several things), or reached a final. France, indeed, have now reached 5 finals in that time, an amazing record. The odd man out? England. Our record is pathetic.

If I were Scottish, if I ever heard the words "nineteen sixty-six", I'd laugh. Because it's just like if Hibs fans reminisced or boasted about 1902 prior to two years ago. It's a massive millstone around the England football team's necks. But you, being you, actually get offended by it regardless. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it.

:rofl:

Shaun"s not coming home!

5 minutes ago, geomac said:

What a bitter post

What was ‘bitter’ about his post?

A typical Shaun post, yes.  But, bitter?  Don’t see that.

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What was ‘bitter’ about his post?

A typical Shaun post, yes.  But, bitter?  Don’t see that.

I'm English, on a Scottish football forum. Words like that just get applied regardless. 

shaun.lawson
18 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Says the person who said England not qualifying from their group would be as big a national tragedy as a school shooting :facepalm:

Says the person who never said any such thing. That I said it would be a "national disgrace" was rather vindicated by how poor Panama and Tunisia were. And also by our subsequent progress, showing what we're capable of.

You, on the other hand, have been confidently tipping our exit prior to match, after match, after match, and employing all sorts of nonsense epithets and stereotypes beyond that. It's one of the most pitiful things I've ever seen on here.

Maybe worst of all is the way you think you can magically understand and somehow speak for other football fans. You can't. You only speak for yourself. When it comes to bitterness, you're in your whole unique category.

Edited by shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Le football part en vacances en France 

s-l300.jpg

And:

DhxCry6XcAADuEt.jpg

"Tomorrow is football Brexit" :laugh: 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, geomac said:

What a bitter post

Hardly been " humble and gracious"....its been nauseating arrogance from all aspects of the coverage of this WC re England. Breath taking in fact. 

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Says the person who never said any such thing. That I said it would be a "national disgrace" was rather vindicated by how poor Panama and Tunisia were. And also by our subsequent progress, showing what we're capable of.

You, on the other hand, have been confidently tipping our exit prior to match, after match, after match, and employing all sorts of nonsense epithets and stereotypes beyond that. It's one of the most pitiful things I've ever seen on here.

Maybe worst of all is the way you think you can magically understand and somehow speak for other football fans. You don't. You only speak for yourself. When it comes to bitterness, you're in your whole unique category.

You said it. Fact. And you can’t run away from it like you did your massive howler last night with the hyenas comment ;)

2E264D1D-6FD9-4229-9BF4-05D1B75F277D.png

:sweeet:

Edited by Frank1874

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Hardly been " humble and gracious"....its been nauseating arrogance from all aspects of the coverage of this WC re England. Breath taking in fact. 

World Cups are much more enjoyable outside of the UK. Apart from the KO times....

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

World Cups are much more enjoyable outside of the UK. Apart from the KO times....

or with the volume down 

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:cornette: 

No words at all. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No words at all. 

that's fine you have said enough...

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"Oh no! They're getting excited that their team is still in the World Cup! HOW DARE THEY? No other country gets excited about their team reaching a semi-final. So arrogant, the English. I'm such a victim having the endless misfortune of living next door to them. Nothing can compare with what I've had to suffer. Having to listen to English football pundits is a whole different level of pain from war in Syria or parents separated from their kids in the US. Woe is me. Will someone save me from this hell?"

Here's the thing about... oh sod it, I'll say it, 1966. It says that we're shit. England have reached one major tournament final ever. And none overseas. That's despite us being a football-crazy nation of fifty plus million. Over the last 20 years, every major footballing nation in Western Europe has either won something (in France and Spain's cases, several things), or reached a final. France, indeed, have now reached 5 finals in that time, an amazing record. The odd man out? England. Our record is pathetic.

Feel free to be happy. 

But don't expect all scottish people to be happy. 

Scotland and England have a history beyond football and this sometimes in banter or otherwise spills over into football. 

I won't begrudge any English people the right to be excited, but don't post on a Scottish clubs forum about it and expect full support. 

Bigging  up England on any Scottish clubs forum(apart from Rangers)  will get a large response, telling you to politely ram it. 

If you don't expect a bit of that then your are far more niave  than you should be. 

I wouldn't post on a Hibs forum and talk about Hearts in a semi or a final, or any other clubs website for that matter. 

Why an overseas English man feels the need to do it via long ramblings  on a Hearts forum is beyond me. 

You'd be better posting on the BBC 's forums or /and England forum if you want a fan fare and non stop plaudits. 

Now, you can post all the enlightened and long winded gibberish you want, but don't get all uptight when some Scottish fans of a Scottish club tell you to 

:getout:

And want you humped out of the competition, and will then be happy that you are out on your arse. 

Nothing bitter or twisted, just rivalry. 

The "you should be happy" for us and self adulation theme of your posts is enough to want me see Croatia smash 3 past you in the first half and then watch as the tears, the so salty tears start to flow. 

May the best team win.. ?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You said it. Fact. And you can’t run away from it like you did your massive howler last night with the hyenas comment ;)

2E264D1D-6FD9-4229-9BF4-05D1B75F277D.png

:sweeet:

Thanks for posting proof that I didn't say what you claim. :thumbsup: Pro tip: putting words in my mouth doesn't count.

Beyond that: "Frank sees Shaun's posted, Frank pops up 2 minutes later. Frank sees Shaun's posted, Frank pops up 2 minutes later". And on, and on, and on, and on.

But then, you know what that reminds me of?

road_runner_vector_by_superawesomevector

No matter how hard you try, how desperate you get, you'll never catch me. Beep beep! :thumb: 

colinmaroon
22 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

There you go again, making assumptions from the wreck of the Graf Spee - you won't remember that, it was before your time but, it's the rust bucket that's corroding your brain young fella m'lad.

I am not offended!!!  I'll say it again, I am not offended!!!  What I have been saying is that and, for this you have no contribution to make, because it was before your time and you have already said you're not interested in anything that happened before your time, it was hell after 1966, for a long time and, I was NOT OFFENDED, just fed up with it.  May I suggest a good dictionary and a psychotherapist for the hallucinations you're having where you think you can read peoples' minds.

You are a product of your generation - the easily offended and, because you are, you think everyone else thinks like you.

Anyway, in my little bubble, as you say the only one who doesn't want England to win (if I ever felt a twinge of giving in on that score, your arrogance has well and truly put that to bed) I hope they get well and truly gubbed. 

Anyway, if the horrible happened and they won the thing, the consolation is that we will be independent in 5 years time.  It'll make the Scotland team in 73-74's contribution to the Nat vote, pale by comparison.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Feel free to be happy. 

Scotland and England have a history beyond football and this sometimes in banter or otherwise spills over into football. 

I won't begrudge any English people the right to be excited, but don't post on a Scottish clubs forum about it and expect full support. 

Bigging  up England on any Scottish clubs forum(apart from Rangers)  will get a large response, telling you to politely ram it. 

If you don't expect a bit of that then your are far more niave  than you should be. 

I wouldn't post on a Hibs forum and talk about Hearts in a semi or a final, or any other clubs website for that matter. 

Why an overseas English man feels the need to do it via long ramblings  on a Hearts forum is beyond me. 

You'd be better posting on the BBC 's forums or /and England forum if you want a fan fare and non stop plaudits. 

Now, you can post all the enlightened and long winded gibberish you want, but don't get all uptight when sone Scottish fans of a Scottish club tell you to 

And want you humped out of the competition, and will then be happy that you are out on your arse. 

The "you should be happy" for us and self adulation theme of your posts is enough to want me see Croatia smash 3 past you in the first half and then watch as the tears, the so salty tears start to flow. 

Brilliant. 

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Thanks for posting proof that I didn't say what you claim. :thumbsup: Pro tip: putting words in my mouth doesn't count.

Beyond that: "Frank sees Shaun's posted, Frank pops up 2 minutes later. Frank sees Shaun's posted, Frank pops up 2 minutes later". And on, and on, and on, and on.

No matter how hard you try, how desperate you get, you'll never catch me. Beep beep! :thumb: 

Wow. Surely not even you can deny what’s written in black and white in front of you! 

milky calls you out for using the phrase “national disgrace” to describe going out in the group phase and gives two examples of things that would really be national  disgraces (poverty and school shootings). You reply saying “all of them are national disgraces, as would be going out in the group stage.” If you can’t admit that’s 100% evidence of you equating going out in the group stages to school shootings then that says it all for your integrity.

i know it must be difficult to understand social norms when you spend almost all your waking hours in front of a screen but most people would consider it pretty poor form to make such a poor taste statement and then totally deny it. But then you’ve made plenty of those recently including making light of beheadings so wouldn’t be a surprise. As I explained to you via PM at the time, as someone who works every day with victims of sexual and domestic abuse I found your comments about your nanny to be in very poor taste too.

As for your coyote reference, that’s all in your head and you’re desperate to have all these arguments on here with different posters. The bottom line is if you post nonsense on an online forum, you’ll be challenged on it. If you post that Uruguay have been a clean team for years then folk will challenge that by pointing out things like Gary Neville calling them (not Colombia ;) ) a pack of hyenas or Suarez’s playacting or their antics as they crashed out of the Copa America in 2015.

As much as you want it to be, it’s not personal for anybody else on here. We all have family, work colleagues, friends who we interact with. Online life is only a small part of our wider lives. 

I’m going to take the advice of a few folk and stick you on ignore now and hope that nobody quotes your arrogant ramblings from now on. :thumbsup:

Edited by Frank1874

35 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Maybe worst of all is the way you think you can magically understand and somehow speak for other football fans. You can't. You only speak for yourself.

Oh my word...did you honestly just make the above statement?!

Thats bloody unbelievable...IRONIC, just a fecking tad!

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Do all these people saying it's coming home realise the World Cup was started by a frenchman? 

And International football started in Scotland.☺

It feels like the whole nation is unified!

Weather is fantastic, no rain for 3-4 weeks, sun shining and temperatures over 30C everyday for 3 weeks!

Everybody is happy!

Its not such a bad country after all!!

Lets keep the party going!!

Skacel_stole_the_show

On tonight’s showing there is only one team winning the World Cup. 

I dont begrudge the hype in England. It’s perfectly understandable and it’s deluded to think that we would not be acting the same if Scotland had made it to the last 4. Constant references to 66 are annoying but hell we are just as guilty. There was a one hour documentary on BBC about Scotland in 1978, where we didn’t even get out the group stages. If we had won in 66 (don’t laugh) we would still be talking about it in 2018. I know in 52 years time I’ll still be bringing up that glorious day in 2012 when we pumped Hibs 5-1. Completely normal in football, Celtic still talking about the Lisbon Lions being another example.

Will I be supporting England? Supporting is too strong a word and my priorities and focus remain with our own national team. But seeing as they are not there and this England squad come across as a decent bunch of lads I certainly won’t be incredulous if they get to the final and might even crack a smile. 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Shaun , thats not putting words in your mouth. Its reading what you wrote and taking it at face value. Clearly there you have said those things are national disgraces and have previously equated England going out at the group stage as the same. Unfortunate and I would assume far from being equated the same by you but instead of accepting you maybe over egged how bad going out at the group stage was you said as would England going out. Your an eloquent if somewhat tiresome at times poster but those are the occasions when instead of arguing you should hold hands up and say fair play i chose the wrong words but it would be an utter embaressment or similar. 

That reads as if you are saying those things are as bad as England going out at the group stage.

I didnt think your post was bitter above but it is also hard for you to understand how much the media irks the Scottish people in these things. As Iv said on every thread where it comes up the professionalism is lacking in the commentary and it comes over as entitlement and arrogance. Its not the casual fan althoughif you go on twitter often the English keyboard warriors slate Scottish football in the same way Celtic and Rangers fans slate each other. Most of that is just banter and no one cares as these people are just randoms like us.

Imagine you wishing Ipswich all the best with Anglia tv telling you how amazing and entitled Ipswich are to win the cup in the 3rd round but how **** their opponents are and not bothering to remember their opponents players names. you just wouldn’t. It may be a silly anallergy but it may give you an idea of how frustrsting it is , hence the backlash you get. 

shaun.lawson
3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

What is this strawman? I don't expect a single Scot to support England or be happy about England's progress. What continues to amaze me is the level of bitterness England's progress leads to among some Scots. 

If Scotland were in a World Cup semi/quarter/2nd round/1st round game, do you seriously think England fans would sit around desperate with every bone in our bodies for you to lose? Life's too short. 

Ireland and England also have a history beyond football. The RTE coverage has been very complimentary towards England and Eamon Dunphy wants us (and stupidly, is even tipping us) to win it.

Why is that? Does he 'just not get it', or something?

See above. This 'rivalry' is so one way, it's unbelievable. It's even worse than Hibs. 

The "you should be happy" for us theme

I'm sorry - what? Your very post was in response to a comment from me which stated, because it's bloody obvious, that our record in international football is pathetic. I have no "you should be happy for us" view at all. I do have a viewpoint of: "The level of desperation for England to lose is one of the saddest, most embarrassing things I've ever seen. And I'm proud whatever happens now".

If we lose tomorrow, watch how everyone assumes that I'll be crying "bitter, salty tears". Nope. I'm absolutely delighted by how we've done, and at no point have ever believed we'd win the tournament. For me, tomorrow is just the difference between an excellent World Cup and a magnificent World Cup for England. 

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You are a product of your generation - the easily offended and, because you are, you think everyone else thinks like you.

I'm sorry, but :rofl:

No poster on here complains more incessantly about the media than you. Whether it's about England, or about Hearts. And you never, ever give it the benefit of the doubt on anything. You're one of the most easily offended posters on here. And always have been.

2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Oh my word...did you honestly just make the above statement?!

Thats bloody unbelievable...IRONIC, just a fecking tad!

Not half as ironic as it'd be if you made it. You actually become incandescent with rage whenever anyone says they don't hate Hibs or England as much as you do. It's quite weird, tbh.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Imagine you wishing Ipswich all the best 

You know who my all time footballing hero is? Sir Bobby Robson. I guess that must be because I 'just don't get it'... :whistling: 

35 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

What is this strawman? I don't expect a single Scot to support England or be happy about England's progress. What continues to amaze me is the level of bitterness England's progress leads to among some Scots. 

If Scotland were in a World Cup semi/quarter/2nd round/1st round game, do you seriously think England fans would sit around desperate with every bone in our bodies for you to lose? Life's too short. 

Ireland and England also have a history beyond football. The RTE coverage has been very complimentary towards England and Eamon Dunphy wants us (and stupidly, is even tipping us) to win it.

Why is that? Does he 'just not get it', or something?

See above. This 'rivalry' is so one way, it's unbelievable. It's even worse than Hibs. 

I'm sorry - what? Your very post was in response to a comment from me which stated, because it's bloody obvious, that our record in international football is pathetic. I have no "you should be happy for us" view at all. I do have a viewpoint of: "The level of desperation for England to lose is one of the saddest, most embarrassing things I've ever seen. And I'm proud whatever happens now".

If we lose tomorrow, watch how everyone assumes that I'll be crying "bitter, salty tears". Nope. I'm absolutely delighted by how we've done, and at no point have ever believed we'd win the tournament. For me, tomorrow is just the difference between an excellent World Cup and a magnificent World Cup for England. 

I'm sorry, but :rofl:

No poster on here complains more incessantly about the media than you. Whether it's about England, or about Hearts. And you never, ever give it the benefit of the doubt on anything. You're one of the most easily offended posters on here. And always have been.

Not half as ironic as it'd be if you made it. You actually become incandescent with rage whenever anyone says they don't hate Hibs or England as much as you do. It's quite weird, tbh.

You know who my all time footballing hero is? Sir Bobby Robson. I guess that must be because I 'just don't get it'... :whistling: 

As he is for many people , same as Brian Clough but irrelevant to my point Shaun. 

You go on about this bitterness , now either your trolling or you are being your invariably obstinate self ? as some of us have tried to explain to you why we get frustrated and what bothers us if England do well. 

Im not sure if being an independent country with independent broadcrasting would rid it immediately may take a couple of generations but thats cause its constant subjection to it.

The football rivalry is nothing to do with nationalism etc. Its a football rivalry. You’ve argued the whole world cup we are a bitter wee nation (or most are) without accepting that for most of us we aren’t. 

English football has evolved in a way ours has not. They got their ducks in a row and went for it while ours pissed about. Again its not jealousy of England doing that , that annoys us. Its not England fans , its not most English players , its just the way the media behaves. Iv explained til Im blue in the face to you hence why i don’t know if your trolling or just being obstinate. If Steven Gerrard had played for England and was now playing for Scotland and he was in the news the media would say the former England player. Thats how the media act. As I said you can’t understand how frustrated that makes you when its done constantly as even on a club team level its not the same as on a national team level. 

If England win it, the pain of the bitter Scottish Nationalists - who convince no-one that this is only sporting rivarlry - will be hilarious.. to witness.

If England fail to win it, chuckling at the outcome, and thinking of the pain it will cause throbbers like Ian Wright and Adrian Durham will be hugely enjoyable. 

Bit of a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned 

shaun.lawson

Guys, apologies. My post above was too much. It's just England anxiety, but it's making me way too highly strung.

I'll stay off here today, and return after we know our semi-final fate. 

:toasting: 

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not half as ironic as it'd be if you made it. You actually become incandescent with rage whenever anyone says they don't hate Hibs or England as much as you do. It's quite weird, tbh

Please show me a post I've made saying that I ‘HATE’ England or Hibs...otherwise I’ll have an apology for the above being a downright lie.

I’ve clearly said multiple times that I feel sorry for anyone that HATES a football team...that I simply want both of those teams pumped whenever they play as I see them as our rivals...and indeed my wife is English, most of my friends are either English or Hibs fans, but whenever their team plays football I want them to lose.

You have completely and utterly lost the plot...and that post is clear evidence of that (irrespective of your later apology to everyone).

Edited by Deviskan

England might win the World Cup (probably not but you never know), but if they do, what exactly will be coming home??

Not football. We invented that.

Bot the World Cup, only really France, as creators, Uruguay, as inaugural hosts and champs, and maybe Brasil as 5 time winners could claim to be its natural home.

So what is coming home??? I genuinely dont get all the home of football stuff. Started a thread on it last week but i think it was misinterpreted as a go at their teams chances or the daft song. Na, the English genuinely believe they are the home of football. Why???

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Guys, apologies. My post above was too much. It's just England anxiety, but it's making me way too highly strung.

I'll stay off here today, and return after we know our semi-final fate. 

:toasting: 

Shaun, away n enjoy the buildup to possibly the biggest game of your life. Not a day for kickback.

(note i say enjoy the buildup, not the match!)

Edited by TheBigO

6 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Wow. Surely not even you can deny what’s written in black and white in front of you! 

milky calls you out for using the phrase “national disgrace” to describe going out in the group phase and gives two examples of things that would really be national  disgraces (poverty and school shootings). You reply saying “all of them are national disgraces, as would be going out in the group stage.” If you can’t admit that’s 100% evidence of you equating going out in the group stages to school shootings then that says it all for your integrity.

i know it must be difficult to understand social norms when you spend almost all your waking hours in front of a screen but most people would consider it pretty poor form to make such a poor taste statement and then totally deny it. But then you’ve made plenty of those recently including making light of beheadings so wouldn’t be a surprise. As I explained to you via PM at the time, as someone who works every day with victims of sexual and domestic abuse I found your comments about your nanny to be in very poor taste too.

As for your coyote reference, that’s all in your head and you’re desperate to have all these arguments on here with different posters. The bottom line is if you post nonsense on an online forum, you’ll be challenged on it. If you post that Uruguay have been a clean team for years then folk will challenge that by pointing out things like Gary Neville calling them (not Colombia ;) ) a pack of hyenas or Suarez’s playacting or their antics as they crashed out of the Copa America in 2015.

As much as you want it to be, it’s not personal for anybody else on here. We all have family, work colleagues, friends who we interact with. Online life is only a small part of our wider lives. 

I’m going to take the advice of a few folk and stick you on ignore now and hope that nobody quotes your arrogant ramblings from now on. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately this function isn't that great when you have a troll desperate for attention and reaction on every single thread. 

Sad times.

7 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Feel free to be happy. 

Now, you can post all the enlightened and long winded gibberish you want, but don't get all uptight when some Scottish fans of a Scottish club tell you to 

Great post Tosh :clap: 

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Shaun , thats not putting words in your mouth. Its reading what you wrote and taking it at face value. Clearly there you have said those things are national disgraces and have previously equated England going out at the group stage as the same. Unfortunate and I would assume far from being equated the same by you but instead of accepting you maybe over egged how bad going out at the group stage was you said as would England going out. Your an eloquent if somewhat tiresome at times poster but those are the occasions when instead of arguing you should hold hands up and say fair play i chose the wrong words but it would be an utter embaressment or similar. 

That reads as if you are saying those things are as bad as England going out at the group stage.

I didnt think your post was bitter above but it is also hard for you to understand how much the media irks the Scottish people in these things. As Iv said on every thread where it comes up the professionalism is lacking in the commentary and it comes over as entitlement and arrogance. Its not the casual fan althoughif you go on twitter often the English keyboard warriors slate Scottish football in the same way Celtic and Rangers fans slate each other. Most of that is just banter and no one cares as these people are just randoms like us.

Imagine you wishing Ipswich all the best with Anglia tv telling you how amazing and entitled Ipswich are to win the cup in the 3rd round but how **** their opponents are and not bothering to remember their opponents players names. you just wouldn’t. It may be a silly anallergy but it may give you an idea of how frustrsting it is , hence the backlash you get. 

Won’t happen mate. He’s had several chances to just hold his hands up but has become so entrenched that he’s now denying he even said it despite, as you pointed out, it being totally clear what he meant.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Unfortunately this function isn't that great when you have a troll desperate for attention and reaction on every single thread. 

Sad times.

Yeah noticing that now! Would be better if it blocked quotes as well.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Please show me a post I've made saying that I ‘HATE’ England or Hibs...otherwise I’ll have an apology for the above being a downright lie.

I’ve clearly said multiple times that I feel sorry for anyone that HATES a football team...that I simply want both of those teams pumped whenever they play as I see them as our rivals...and indeed my wife is English, most of my friends are either English or Hibs fans, but whenever their team plays football I want them to lose.

You have completely and utterly lost the plot...and that post is clear evidence of that (irrespective of your later apology to everyone).

Easier to just pretend there was no lie than apologise for it going by the track record.

JudyJudyJudy

Breakfast tv into overdrive and mass hysteria this morning.   Shearer on TV just now almost crying.  Its delusional madness which one sees in those nutty religious sects  who have a charming / influential leader a la Jim Jones.  We all know how these sects end "!!!! Not advocating mass suicide but I am hoping they get a walloping from Croatia .  Currently stating that if Southgate ran for Prime Minister then he would be elected !! And please stop saying " the nation" its the only time I prefer national tv presenters to actually use the words " England" Its the " English nation"   Scotland don't give a flying ****  well a massive majority. If they lose no doubt being the sore losers they are everything will go pear shape....Fights in Moscow against the hard ultras and riots in England.   Delicious. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
44 minutes ago, Barack said:

The inner monologue of JKB posters:

"Ah, another sunny day outside. I'll have a little check on JKB, I think. Hello, what's this? The coming home thread's moved on a bit. I wonder what's prompted...oh, right. Should've known..."

:lol: