The ‘It’s coming home’, or not, thread ( merged/updated )

Dusk_Till_Dawn

3 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

It's all a bit pathetic to be honest .

It certainly is Geoff :thumbsup: 

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• AuldReekie444

• Deviskan

• redjambo

1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

It is a bit.

It should be left to the likes of us who will be in the munney ! if Croatia win this thing !

Cold cash !

Make it Happen, Croatia !

ToadKiller Dog
1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

But of a non story given it doesn't say how many tops they had in stock, could have been 5 Croatian tops could be 100, I would bet nearer 5, How many England tops have sold in Glasgow?. 

Just newspaper nonsense. 

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's good to see folk getting excited, I wish it was Scotland.

But, I would advise not expect the same amount of support, enthusiasm etc:    across the whole  board!

Do Uruguay support the likes of Argentina/ Brazil Columbia over other teams? Genuine question, as I know Brazil/ Argentina like to see each other humped in football.

I reckon you'll win tonight as well, it won't make me sad or angry... just disappointed.:laugh:

Doesn’t the whole of South America like to see Argentina getting absolutely humped? Something to do with their Italian connections?

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

With a win tonight and the 12th tomorrow it’ll be Monday at the earliest before I recover! 

72CDCE99-ABD2-4D59-A7D1-2F0A7B2D6941.jpeg

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, sassenach said:

I clicked the link and scrolled down. I came to a piece about shops in Glasgow running out of Croatia shirts, and being unable to meet demand for more.

I get the whole England-Scotland rivalry. I feel it too.

But spending £40+ on a foreign shirt cos they are playing against England in a one-off game? 

Croatia shirts are smart anyway. Win win for me ?

Croatia are officially the home team yet Fifa have forced them to wear their blue and black strip. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Croatia are officially the home team yet Fifa have forced them to wear their blue and black strip. 

1-0 England

:pleasing:

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

1-0 England

:pleasing:

:D

I hope you win the WC. :thumbsup:

:Aye:

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Not really much that can be done when both of England's kits would clash with the Croatia him kit. It's not all that rare an occurrence. Not really worth getting upset about.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

What else they going to wear, both English tops clash. :lol:

A market for a 3rd kit opens...

"England you're in bibs. Croatia, you're skins."

Aye if your blun. 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not really much that can be done when both of England's kits would clash with the Croatia him kit. It's not all that rare an occurrence. Not really worth getting upset about.

Suppose so. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ll say this - the whole pride/progress stuff is well over the top. England played one good side and lost to them. Was great fun but this is being turned into some against the odds adventure. It really wasn’t

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ll say this - the whole pride/progress stuff is well over the top. England played one good side and lost to them. Was great fun but this is being turned into some against the odds adventure. It really wasn’t

And Croatia didnt even play that well.

The White Cockade

Ya Beauty!!!!!! 

That will be the end of 24-7 wall to wall Engerlund Its Coming Home hysterical over the top nonsense 

Maybe the Tv and newspapers can go

back to reporting real news instead of the totally ridiculous cheer leading on every single programme and every single page

and all the pseudo Scots who supported them GIRFUY !!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

And Croatia didnt even play that well.

Oh they did. From half time onwards they were excellent, especially considering they were 1-0 down

Can enjoy my weekend in Manchester now ?

Had 15 quid on England to win the Cup though.

Would have won 250 notes.

Don't give a xxxx 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, sassenach said:

England didn't create enough, and the best team on the night won. A bit of a damp squib for England from half time onwards, if I'm honest.

Now let's hope Croatia can carry it on and win their first World Cup.

They had no plan B and had no idea what to do when Croatia stepped it up a gear. It’s no surprise that both the good teams they’ve came up against have beat them.

Some totally over-rated players in that team who looked badly out of their depth tonight, especially Alli and Lingaard.

Not a surprise in the slightest.

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not just that, but they are all saying that they can't wait for 2 years or the next World cup in 4 as this team will be better.

What they aren't taking into account is that England will never get an easier route to any final in any competition as they have had this time, and not just the group in Russia but a piss easy qualifying group as well.

"I haven't felt that good since Ivan Perišić scored against England in 2018".

image.png.ff1c36b8d8a4eea56c3082531953668f.png

Edited by CJGJ

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

"I haven't felt that good since Ivan Perišić scored against England in 2018".

:clumshot:

Edited by Frank1874

gashauskis9

Now they’re saying that some thought they’d struggle to get out their group.

**** off News at Ten!

indianajones

**** them. Hope it hurts.

Stop talking yourselves up and learn your lesson. 

Over hyped league and a over hyped national team. Played two decent teams the entire tournament and lost to them both. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Media hype. A nation fooled by its own delusional stupidity 

Many Scottish shitebags also fell for it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Media hype. A nation fooled by its own delusional stupidity 

It was more blind faith than anything. Understandable why so many people were starting to think it might happen. But this England side is nothing special. I’d rank 1990, 1996, 1998 and 2006 as better teams

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It was more blind faith than anything. Understandable why so many people were starting to think it might happen. But this England side is nothing special. I’d rank 1990, 1996, 1998 and 2006 as better teams

Fuelled by constant denial of facts. Its a hard working English team but lacking quality in the final third. Tired tonight because the game plan is still dependant on running 

45 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There is no doubt England's best result was against Belgium

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fuelled by constant denial of facts. Its a hard working English team but lacking quality in the final third. Tired tonight because the game plan is still dependant on running 

Don’t think most sensible people were in denial about the fact they hadn’t played anyone. It’s just that when you get down to the last four, it can happen. But they were found out tonight.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

England had a lucky run, and were ultimately found out, there's no denying that.

But can you think of a country or team that wouldn't talk themselves up if they found themselves in a semi final? Really?

Depends to what level. English are a hysterical bunch.

54 years of failure on a massive budget. Should be in the semi-finals regularly not 3 lifetime. 

I feel embarrassed for English. Celebrating failure. Scotland are not much better at that. Croatia are a great example of a small nation fighting hard

The White Cockade
11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

**** them. Hope it hurts.

Stop talking yourselves up and learn your lesson. 

Over hyped league and a over hyped national team. Played two decent teams the entire tournament and lost to them both. 

They beat the mighty Tunisia and Panama and lost to Belgium Then beat Colombia who forgot to play football and then lost to Croatia

So basically did what was expected but did nothing to justify the hype and cheer leading they got from the media and were not good enough against the decent teams