14 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

46B16A7E-B58C-47E4-AC58-24A772BA5528.jpeg

Top of Grove Street

6 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Now the Kings Theatre

AE620E54-C14D-4768-A6AC-E944BADF9F5E.jpeg

One of my favourites, incredible photograph

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Agreed. This is the best thread on here. Great photos, genuine interest and no bickering and trolling wallopers to spoil things. 

Couldn't agree more. It is however the most frustrating when you're racking your brains trying to figure out the location of some of the images but that's all part of the fun.

3fingersreid
10 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

708CDDB8-19D9-4263-9D89-EAF644FA74D9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

1 car 🤣

The rest are stuck behind the temp traffic lights just out of shot 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The rest are stuck behind the temp traffic lights just out of shot 

🤣 an average day in edinburgh 

1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

15B59D32-1E72-4B52-822F-FAE54D7FDA35.jpeg

52 George Street. Its now a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt shop.

I had the privilege of working for The Broon when I was a young man.A gentleman of the highest order.I think this photo may predate his ownership of Eastern Motor CO.

1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

185F57D1-776D-4A93-8FC9-EFA65267F7C9.jpeg

The good old Palais De Dance,, the horse and cart where my pre jigging at the Palais started in the Fair Exchange Pub. A kilty on parade all by himself, it was a wee bit before my time, but I soon found it. How time flies when you had so much fun, life was good. When I leave this old life and stand in front of the eternal judge and he asks what do you have to say for yourself my response will be simply I had a great life, wonderful people, and a heaven to live in as a young man, it may not look much to todays youth, but boy man just that wee bit of a place made a fair contribution.

May yer lum reek. 

I think this one has definitely been posted before, however, i think it highlights perfectly how Edinburgh became known as Auld Reekie, imagine this duplicated all over our city and it must have been Smog Central

2D617EFE-FCB6-4E25-9F2C-076A7E409076.jpeg

2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

No date I’m afraid LB. I worked in Dewar Place in 1980 and used to walk to Shandwick Place for my bus and can’t remember it being The Quaich therefore I assume it must be well before then…

When I went to work in Canning St in 1968 it was called The Quaich. Circa 1980 it was taken over by a retired army (I think) man and the name changed to Nimmo's. Iw as the Dan Mackay's and the Au Bar. Now the Fox and Faun.

Approx 120 years ago 

53D58B30-C1A7-4306-B202-539F3D6DCBC4.jpeg

Having problems placing this view.

I think it could be taken from what is now Blackford avenue, near to the entrance to the observatory.

However, the large blocks of buildings in the background don’t look familiar.

8 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

When I went to work in Canning St in 1968 it was called The Quaich. Circa 1980 it was taken over by a retired army (I think) man and the name changed to Nimmo's. Iw as the Dan Mackay's and the Au Bar. Now the Fox and Faun.

I had a feeling you would know the answer Stuart, pubs and Edinburgh and you’re the man👍

1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

I had a feeling you would know the answer Stuart, pubs and Edinburgh and you’re the man👍

You are too kind. The General has more info than I have.

Definitely been posted before, however, still can’t believe another Princes Street gem was allowed to we wiped from the face of the earth, criminal 

67595AD8-AE68-4567-835F-BEE88D7CBCD6.jpeg

Carl Fredrickson

I’m quite happy posting the photos I come across on the internet, my biggest issue is that I’ve started to forget what and what hasn’t already been uploaded, therefore, sincere apologies in advance for the inevitable duplicated posts!

No need to apologise for any that have been posted before as I have started to forget some that had already been posted too! Being from outside Edinburgh I particularly enjoyed the pics of the old bus station (the view to Arthurs Seat before St James Centre was built is great) as I spent hours there waited for various buses before I passed my driving test. 

29 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

Having problems placing this view.

I think it could be taken from what is now Blackford avenue, near to the entrance to the observatory.

However, the large blocks of buildings in the background don’t look familiar.

Think you're correct. The building with the two towers on the far right in on Dalkeith Road

Shanks said no
44 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Definitely been posted before, however, still can’t believe another Princes Street gem was allowed to we wiped from the face of the earth, criminal 

67595AD8-AE68-4567-835F-BEE88D7CBCD6.jpeg

Doesn’t matter if it’s been posted before, should be done more often to remind us all what complete arseholes our City fathers were (and still are today some may say) 

luckyBatistuta

He definitely knows his boozers does Stuart

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Approx 120 years ago 

53D58B30-C1A7-4306-B202-539F3D6DCBC4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

Think you're correct. The building with the two towers on the far right in on Dalkeith Road

Been trying to find that house to the left with the tower and triple window feature. I’ve found this, but not sure it’s right

7A31B734-EBED-4247-A4C8-E9D64B297D1C.jpeg

That’s the corner of Grange Loan and Oswald Road

Forget that, wrong angle. You wouldn’t see the crags looking at that building from that angle

Edited by luckyBatistuta