Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Can you imagine even just a few hundred like that on the slopes of Tynie? 

I’d like to know what stand they’d be in as I’d be changing my season ticket to be beside them lol. Maybe we could put them all in the singing section. Chebs oot for a real atmosphere. Reckon there would be more watching them than the product on the park. 

As it’s a DM thread though, pretty gutted if he doesn’t sign but we can’t break the bank for one hot and cold individual. Well done CL for keeping our wage structure intact and not bowing to demand! 

We got over Jamie walker, Sam and CP and we sure as hell won’t lose sleep over wee Davie, as talented as he is. I think he could be a wee gem in the making though and would eventually need a bigger platform than Tynecastle.  Pity as we could make some serious money on his next move if he makes the big time! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Really wouldn't be looking to break the bank. Had kinda hoped he was looking at it more as a chance to actually play football at a decent level to then get a money move but it looks like he's wanting both.

The lack of financial clout decent Scottish teams - Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, have is really pathetic and it angers me that Doncaster is still in a job with that in mind. We're continually bullied by no-mark english clubs time, and time again. Its ****ing ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’d like to know what stand they’d be in as I’d be changing my season ticket to be beside them lol. Maybe we could put them all in the singing section. Chebs oot for a real atmosphere. Reckon there would be more watching them than the product on the park. 

As it’s a DM thread though, pretty gutted if he doesn’t sign but we can’t break the bank for one hot and cold individual. Well done CL for keeping our wage structure intact and not bowing to demand! 

We got over Jamie walker, Sam and CP and we sure as hell won’t lose sleep over wee Davie, as talented as he is. I think he could be a wee gem in the making though and would eventually need a bigger platform than Tynecastle.  Pity as we could make some serious money on his next move if he makes the big time! 

If he doesn’t come he doesn’t come , no point abusing him for it. He has a family and a duty to look after them. If i was offered a massive payrise id do the same. Its a short career. As you saidnwe have a structure and if he doesnt fit it fair enough we move on

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

I think Milinkovic is one of those players who will become better in everyone’s heads the more it looks like we won’t be signing him.

He’s a good player and I would like to keep him, but not so much that we should break our wage structure. He knows what we are prepared to pay. If he wants too much, he can look elsewhere and good luck to him.

This is correct. He got better every week last season that he was injured. Hence my :cornette: at the Rudi comparisons.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really wouldn't be looking to break the bank. Had kinda hoped he was looking at it more as a chance to actually play football at a decent level to then get a money move but it looks like he's wanting both.

The lack of financial clout decent Scottish teams - Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, have is really pathetic and it angers me that Doncaster is still in a job with that in mind. We're continually bullied by no-mark english clubs time, and time again. Its ****ing ridiculous. 

Spot on... Its a situation indicative of a failing regime that has left us behind the times as a nation and the clubs aswell.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Cheers sadj.  

The game would be an irrelevance with these two sitting nearby.

I’ll take the PE on the left and leave the RU for you jonno ??

Geoff the Mince
37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This is not real life?

:wtf:

:laugh: nothing is real ! 

5 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Hearing we have pulled the plug on the deal.

I am in the minority when I say I am a bit meh about him. Hardworking but not enough of a goal threat IMO

Would rather have Nasmith TBH

Just on here tonight and read about it.  Agree with what you say, not too fussed tbh,

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

:laugh: nothing is real ! 

Black holes? Ooh

Cruyff Turn

Levein won't be phased by games, he's probably worked his arse of for weeks dealing with agents and clubs to make these things happen, bit of a slap in the face to CL. 

Honestly believe Craig's went in for Skinny because the fans wanted him, I genuinely don't think he was a priority. Naismith is one of CL' s chief lieutenants, he'll be a priority imo.

At least:

1. We've got money to spend.

2. There are other players out there.

3. There are better players than David Milinkovic which will become apparent. 

Bar probably Berra, no player is irreplaceable at Hearts. 

Zero ****s given, Dave can become a bit part player elsewhere with only his reflection to love him back

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Sabotaging their own club and too brain-dead to realise it.

This site has been a breeding ground for that type of behaviour for a while.

FWIW, as.much as I like him we can't go all in for him paying a significant fee and having him as a top earner. He's not that good. 

Naismith and Demi are the 2 I really want to see with scarves above the heid.

scott herbertson
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok just a few points.

Nothing snide in that comment,  It is a forum where things are discussed yet almost every topic falls back to CL or AB are assholes. Whoever it relates to or if its a general everyones fav poster is irrelevant. 

In your opinion.... Yet again Shaun its your opinion. Mine and many others are its the trolls the constant derailing of topics to CL and AB etc , more trolls , interlopers who pretend to be jambos and interlopers who think its fun to try and disrupt this place that make the atmosphere toxic at times. 99.99% of the rest of the time people are very much able to have a laugh or banter in amongst the cheek and debates.

You choose to reply to this which in regards your opinion of why the atmosphere can drop on JKB is fine but don’t try and put me down. I don’t feel the need to belittle you in regards to your attitude. Many times iv said to you maybe if you learnt how to speak to people rather than constantly patronising or being condescending peoples opinion of you would change. However within that Iv also said you can make decent points but the 4 paragraphs to say i like this or dislike because wears thin every post (yes im aware of the irony regards this post) 

Jonno and I are very different posters and so what? Jonno is very much a poster who is incredibly blunt as is evidenced by all of us who’ve said hmmm wheres the real Jonno tonight. That does not mean they are better or worse posters than anyone else.

I have opinions which come from playing football , being around clubs , international set ups , meeting many people and those who know me know my background. I don’t have the vocabulary you do but that does not make me any less intelligent nor does it make my opinions less valid. They are borne from real life not books or the internet.

Many of the disagreements on here are not censoring , that is something this forum does not do and not something you should question. Its incredibly disrespectful to the mods and administrators who do an outstanding job across a very popular board. So for that I hope you will see your inappropriateness and apologise to the correct people. 

Imo they are because people are passionate about the club and all see differently the position of the club or expectations are different. Negative and positive. Others are because people feel it necessary to troll on here with the sole aim of belittling the club or garnering a reaction. 

Superb post - should be compulsory reading for all kickbackers

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Superb post - should be compulsory reading for all kickbackers

Why? Sadj seems to have an obsession of lecturing people on board etiquette. Is he a Mod or Admin in disguise?

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why? Sadj seems to have an obsession of lecturing people on board etiquette. Is he a Mod or Admin in disguise?

If he is I wouldn't be questioning him.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why?

Because he has put very eloquently the case for tolerating opposite opinions and arguing sensibly without trolling or patronising

All roads lead to Gorgie

He was a player I liked to to watch as he did as he pleased at times and created chances that our rather rigid style did not always do. However, I don't think we should go beyond a reasonable offer to get him and the wages saved could still bring in someone as good if not better. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
50 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok just a few points.

Nothing snide in that comment,  It is a forum where things are discussed yet almost every topic falls back to CL or AB are assholes. Whoever it relates to or if its a general everyones fav poster is irrelevant. 

In your opinion.... Yet again Shaun its your opinion. Mine and many others are its the trolls the constant derailing of topics to CL and AB etc , more trolls , interlopers who pretend to be jambos and interlopers who think its fun to try and disrupt this place that make the atmosphere toxic at times. 99.99% of the rest of the time people are very much able to have a laugh or banter in amongst the cheek and debates.

You choose to reply to this which in regards your opinion of why the atmosphere can drop on JKB is fine but don’t try and put me down. I don’t feel the need to belittle you in regards to your attitude. Many times iv said to you maybe if you learnt how to speak to people rather than constantly patronising or being condescending peoples opinion of you would change. However within that Iv also said you can make decent points but the 4 paragraphs to say i like this or dislike because wears thin every post (yes im aware of the irony regards this post) 

Jonno and I are very different posters and so what? Jonno is very much a poster who is incredibly blunt as is evidenced by all of us who’ve said hmmm wheres the real Jonno tonight. That does not mean they are better or worse posters than anyone else.

I have opinions which come from playing football , being around clubs , international set ups , meeting many people and those who know me know my background. I don’t have the vocabulary you do but that does not make me any less intelligent nor does it make my opinions less valid. They are borne from real life not books or the internet.

Many of the disagreements on here are not censoring , that is something this forum does not do and not something you should question. Its incredibly disrespectful to the mods and administrators who do an outstanding job across a very popular board. So for that I hope you will see your inappropriateness and apologise to the correct people. 

Imo they are because people are passionate about the club and all see differently the position of the club or expectations are different. Negative and positive. Others are because people feel it necessary to troll on here with the sole aim of belittling the club or garnering a reaction. 

Don't lower yourself mate. Just let jackanory get on with it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Why?

Because he has put very eloquently the case for tolerating opposite opinions and arguing sensibly without trolling or patronising

The original post Shaun replied to was what I was referring to. With that context, the post is very different. And yes, Shaun was quite right to call him out for being snide in his original post.

scott herbertson
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The original post Shaun replied to was what I was referring to. With that context, the post is very different. And yes, Shaun was quite right to call him out for being snide in his original post.

I was only referring to his summary of ways of behaviour - I didn't read Shaun's original post but my remarks were not about the post in context , but about the post itself (not the remarks about Shaun but the general statements). I can't be bothered reading all the way back, but i will do tomorrow

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

First please point out where my obsession of lecturing people on etiquette is. 

Geoff , Im not a mod or admin , I do however have a very healthy respect for what they do and the difficulty of it and I also wont be belittled by other posters. Its no different to the gym , theres an etiquette to it and it should be respected. If i see people in the gym who are trying to belittle people or who are teaching people wrongly or behaving inappropriately I will say. If you don’t like that way of being thats up to you.  However if your in the right imo id defend you if your wrong imo id say its as simple as that. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

First please point out where my obsession of lecturing people on etiquette is. 

Geoff , Im not a mod or admin , I do however have a very healthy respect for what they do and the difficulty of it and I also wont be belittled by other posters. Its no different to the gym , theres an etiquette to it and it should be respected. If i see people in the gym who are trying to belittle people or who are teaching people wrongly or behaving inappropriately I will say. If you don’t like that way of being thats up to you.  However if your in the right imo id defend you if your wrong imo id say its as simple as that. 

I'd go back and find your "lecture" to myself from many months ago if I could be arsed.

PS I called you snide because your passive aggressive "everyone's favourite poster" comment was completely unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

What sort of abuse are the idiots giving him on Instagram?

"Money grabbing ******* no ones bigger than hearts" 

"Money grabbing **** (middle finger emoji) if you wanted to come back that much you'd play for **** all"

"he's a money grabbing w****r"

23 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

21 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I was only referring to his summary of ways of behaviour - I didn't read Shaun's original post but my remarks were not about the post in context , but about the post itself (not the remarks about Shaun but the general statements). I can't be bothered reading all the way back, but i will do tomorrow

Shaun did not reference my original post he referenced this small bit and put the last bit in bold.

“those who are so full of their own self importance they have no concept of anything but their own self importance. Everyones favourite poster is a prime example of this.”

It is not snidey nor directed at any individual. If someone wishes to take it as such Id say it says more about them. On here almost everyone can be like that or similar at times myself included in that

Therefore it is not any different contexually. Imo the comments on behaviour , how this place works and the job mods/admins have and not questioning them publicly are justified. 

Edited by sadj

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd go back and find your "lecture" to myself from many months ago if I could be arsed.

PS I called you snide because your passive aggressive "everyone's favourite poster" comment was completely unnecessary.

Haha i cant remember that but im sure it was probably similar. I dont tend to stray from my positions on things like that. Certainly would be not illwill meant. Just a position that etiquette should be respected. Apologies if you took it incorrectly but I’ll stick with my opinion of how people should behave.

The everyones favourite poster comment isnt a direct attack on anyone and as i said a comment on everyone and their dog being like that at times. 

Edited by sadj

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm beginning to see an Adam's apple.

Surely it's not one of these lady boy thingummybobs? 

?

Just go back to being nice ya feckin creep...

:) 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Enjoy Genoa mon ami and remember to hit the deck when a car backfires. 

All the feckin locals will.....

:lol: 

I know, it’s a nightmare of a city but one we love visiting.

It’s got more train stations than Leith has rent boys.

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

I know, it’s a nightmare of a city but one we love visiting.

It’s got more train stations than Leith has rent boys.

?

???

Be interesting to see how he progresses. Jury was still out on him for me, wasn’t unpleased it looked like he was coming back, but I wasn’t doing a dance either ! 

37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm beginning to see an Adam's apple.

Surely it's not one of these lady boy thingummybobs? 

?

Hmmm I still havent noticed anything except the two large footballs so Ill have to go by your ability to see past them.... 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hmmm I still havent noticed anything except the two large footballs so Ill have to go by your ability to see past them.... 

:clyay:

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Haha i cant remember that but im sure it was probably similar. I dont tend to stray from my positions on things like that. Certainly would be not illwill meant. Just a position that etiquette should be respected. Apologies if you took it incorrectly but I’ll stick with my opinion of how people should behave.

The everyones favourite poster comment isnt a direct attack on anyone and as i said a comment on everyone and their dog being like that at times.

:rofl:

The backtracking is of the furious variety!

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Here Jonno this will help the grump mate , maybe if Milinkovic goes down the pan we can pick up a Peruvian player and some of their supporters find there way to Tynie

4659D796-5139-43E8-8BC7-25AD0401139C.jpeg

Fake tit attention seekers, can’t be arsed with them.  

21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

The backtracking is of the furious variety!

I said in my original post what I referred to. The only person who mentioned it was Shaun. 

23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Fake tit attention seekers, can’t be arsed with them.  

Never been a fan either but my last two exs and a “friend” have them and at football they could definitely improve the atmosphere and a distraction whilst also providing drums to play at games. #justsayin

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Never been a fan either but my last two exs and a “friend” have them and at football they could definitely improve the atmosphere and a distraction whilst also providing drums to play at games. #justsayin

You seem to be batting well above average in the fake tit department ?

Only ever came across one pair myself . Must be an age thing

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

Milinkovic has NOT said no to the terms we have offered as of yet.

Deal is NOT dead as of yet.

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

Interesting, thanks for update

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

So is this press making up stories daz?

heartsfc_fan
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

The news in the press just an agent stirring to get other clubs interested?

Hackney Hearts
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

Thanks.

That seemed likely to be the case as things stand - if the deal had been completely dead, the club would have been able to just tell us.

Personally, I hope we can still get this across the line.

31 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Back on Topic.

Fee agreed with Genoa.

100% this his girlfriend was also over here today alot more to it than just signing a contract and that's it. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, just like Connor sammon did. 

6 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Pretty much how it works. 

Club accepts price, then player rejects personal terms. 

DM being a wee baw bag it would seem. 

And so it begins. 

19 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The news in the press just an agent stirring to get other clubs interested?

Could be. Journo's also like to stir things. It's about 65/35 in our favour I believe.

Hackney Hearts
Just now, dazajmbo said:

It's about 65/35 in our favour I believe.

Wow, that's precise! 

(I was naïvely hoping for 70/30 at this stage... :sad:)

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

This site has been a breeding ground for that type of behaviour for a while.

FWIW, as.much as I like him we can't go all in for him paying a significant fee and having him as a top earner. He's not that good. 

Naismith and Demi are the 2 I really want to see with scarves above the heid.

I thought you may have came to that conclusion :lol: 

29 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You seem to be batting well above average in the fake tit department ?

Only ever came across one pair myself . Must be an age thing

Fitness industry is rife with them. More so the bikini competitors. Def isnt an age thing tho ?

Thanks @dazajmbo appreciate the update

@Bez see Daz’s update

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

100% this his girlfriend was also over here today alot more to it than just signing a contract and that's it. 

Hopefully she’ll prefer Edinburgh and the cuisine better here than Ipswich and some yams