***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

A description that fits a few of the players I mentioned, just surprised that despite the fact that he's an important player at a decent team it doesn't seem like anyones willing to chuck in any sort of bid

How much were you thinking of?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How much were you thinking of?

Wasn't looking for a Rumble or anything, was just an observation 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Jorginho signs for Chelsea.

:wave1:Kante

Could be competition for places. Wonder if he'll want Hamsik, I think he'd do very well in the Premier League 

Edited by rudi must stay

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Could be competition for places. Wonder if he'll want Hamsik, I think he'd do very well in the Premier League 

Hamsik was linked with a few Chinese clubs a few months ago. He has been incredibly loyal to Napoli over the years. Watched him vs Scotland last year and he was a class above everyone, absolutely strolled it. 

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

He wants to keep faith with Karius. Says he has a lot of trust in him, he has potential to be one of the world's best...

Could be his downfall tbh

Karius is one of his players and I think Klopp would feel guilty if he booted him out and ruined the guy's career, which is reasonable but risky. He seriously needs to look at punting Mignolet and bringing in a very good reserve keeper though, someone who could take Karius' place straight away if needed.

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Karius is one of his players and I think Klopp would feel guilty if he booted him out and ruined the guy's career, which is reasonable but risky. He seriously needs to look at punting Mignolet and bringing in a very good reserve keeper though, someone who could take Karius' place straight away if needed.

i think he realises that he probably wont get allison and is struggling to find someone better along with what you say about karius being his player

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think he realises that he probably wont get allison and is struggling to find someone better along with what you say about karius being his player

He should go for Joe Hart.

English a plus as well.:laugh:

46 minutes ago, benny said:

He should go for Joe Hart.

English a plus as well.:laugh:

who is the boy at stoke? butland? maybe him or go for either heaton or pope from burnley. They would imo improve liverpool and give them a chance of challenging for 2nd in the league

Alex Kintner
20 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Could be. Got a feeing it will be a major squad build at Chelsea this summer with Kante and Hazard being sold for big money and the likes of Fabregas being moved on.

Hope they build the team around Giroud the same way the French have. He could easily be a 30+ a season striker if played regularly.

30 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Could be. Got a feeing it will be a major squad build at Chelsea this summer with Kante and Hazard being sold for big money and the likes of Fabregas being moved on.

Hope they build the team around Giroud the same way the French have. He could easily be a 30+ a season striker if played regularly.

Talksport this morning Giroud offski.

New manager been told to use academy players a lot more.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, benny said:

Interesting

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, benny said:

Not Sarri's sort of player anyway. Not enough football about him IMO

46 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not Sarri's sort of player anyway. Not enough football about him IMO

I think Giroud has had a very good world cup,he's good on the ground as well as in the air and works tirestly for the team.i do know What u mean though.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

That's some leap of good faith on Motherwell's part. 

Sounds like he will be going as back-up. From BBC website:

"We believe we need another striker to give us that strength and depth that we possibly didn't have," manager Stephen Robinson said.

Given the physicality of Curtis Main, Sammon will be a fairly like-for-like back-up in terms of style. Add Sammon's performances for Partick last year and it could be a sensible addition for Motherwell. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we are paying Sammon off (not to the full value of his contract) as part of this deal, so wages might not be massive for Motherwell.

Interesting to note Motherwell have rejected offers for Bowman and Kipre this summer. Add in the offers they turned down for Cadden and they look like they are in a decent place financially which makes a change. With their two cup finals and 7th place finish last season, they must be at least aiming for a top 6 finish this year. 

31 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

"We believe we need another striker to give us that strength and depth that we possibly didn't have," manager Stephen Robinson said.

Given the physicality of Curtis Main, Sammon will be a fairly like-for-like back-up in terms of style. Add Sammon's performances for Partick last year and it could be a sensible addition for Motherwell. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we are paying Sammon off (not to the full value of his contract) as part of this deal, so wages might not be massive for Motherwell.

Interesting to note Motherwell have rejected offers for Bowman and Kipre this summer. Add in the offers they turned down for Cadden and they look like they are in a decent place financially which makes a change. With their two cup finals and 7th place finish last season, they must be at least aiming for a top 6 finish this year. 

You would think he would be going to another club and a drop in wages to play football though?  Seems strange that he's going as back up.  

I reckon they will sell Bowman and Cadden this summer.  Part of their plan is to promise a future move to a bigger club should the opportunity arise. 

Edited by Juanjo15

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

You would think he would be going to another club and a drop in wages to play football though?  Seems strange that he's going as back up.  

I reckon they will sell Bowman and Cadden this summer.  Part of their plan is to promise a future move to a bigger club should the opportunity arise. 

I guess he sees a difference between back-up/ rotation and frozen out, which is basically his situation at Hearts. I'm sure as a professional he has a fair degree of confidence in his own abilities so may back himself to become a regular in the Motherwell team, even if he goes as back-up initially.

58 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

What a handsome front pairing that would be.. :1eye:

23 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I guess he sees a difference between back-up/ rotation and frozen out, which is basically his situation at Hearts. I'm sure as a professional he has a fair degree of confidence in his own abilities so may back himself to become a regular in the Motherwell team, even if he goes as back-up initially.

Think the fact he went to Killie initially then Partick instead of kicking his heels (Malaury Martin*) shows he is at least an honest and decent professional that wants to play games. 

*not having a cheap shot, Levein is quoted as saying Martin has had chances to leave on loan last 2 windows but they didn’t happen and of course there’s a degree of personal circumstances (eg Martin May or may not have wanted to uproot when his missus was latter stage of pregnancy - fair enough but not ideal for the club) 

Absolute Scenes
43 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

What a handsome front pairing that would be.. :1eye:

Pretty bald move from Motherwell there

...oh wait...bold, I meant bold...

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Dammit..just seen it's only a loan deal

Still it pays most of his wages till his contract expires. Better for club and player

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Still it pays most of his wages till his contract expires. Better for club and player

And he can't score against us - assuming the normal terms of a loan apply.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG also have to sell

Ffp seems to be having the opposite effect of what it was meant to. 

Stopping clubs from building and Competing at the very top as they can't get the money in order to comply in the first place. 

The very rich are also just paying the fines. 

Needs reviewed I think. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen wanting £10m for McKenna. One of the funniest things I think I've ever read.

:D:D

Should have just said £50m if they are making stuff up. 

Ibrahim Tall
25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen wanting £10m for McKenna. One of the funniest things I think I've ever read.

:D:D

Tbh, if you don't ask you don't get. He's a better player than Grant Hanley and he went for about £6m a few years ago. 

Better to to ask for £10m and get £4/5m than the SPL usual of ask for £2m and get 500k.

Not saying he's worth £10m or even £5m but very few players are 'worth' there fee these days - especially in England, and the Scots seem to be about last country in Europe to realise that and take advantage.

9 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh, if you don't ask you don't get. He's a better player than Grant Hanley and he went for about £6m a few years ago. 

Better to to ask for £10m and get £4/5m than the SPL usual of ask for £2m and get 500k.

Not saying he's worth £10m or even £5m but very few players are 'worth' there fee these days - especially in England, and the Scots seem to be about last country in Europe to realise that and take advantage.

Correct. The rest of Europe are asking for outrageous money. It's about time we started doing the same. 

If we had had Paterson on a long term deal we could easily have asked for 10m from a championship club. Might not have got it but we could and should set the bar that high.

13 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Another 5 for 10 million and their ground is paid for.:laugh:

Ibrahim Tall
10 minutes ago, benny said:

Another 5 for 10 million and their ground is paid for.:laugh:

Likewise with Cochrane and Souttar, we could sell them and fill in the corners...

Its about tine Scottish teams stopped taking the dry one from England and the OF. Good on Aberdeen for slapping a huge price tag on their biggest asset. (And btw to Hibs for not taking it from Celtic.)

Aberdeen can easily point to Calum Patersons achievements last season as a similarly rated young player from SPFL. We were unlucky fee wise there but frankly what would a team pay for someone like CP from another English team?? Negotiations would start at £10M.

People scoffing at Aberdeen for this type of stance is part of the rooted problem we have up here. A major inferiority complex and massively self effacing.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 07:33, Gulf Jambo said:

He wants to keep faith with Karius. Says he has a lot of trust in him, he has potential to be one of the world's best...

Could be his downfall tbh

Not sure this is too accurate...Liverpool just bid £62m for Alisson at Roma.

Liverpool putting together a squad that's going to push Man City for the title I think...be interesting to see who Man Utd and Chelsea sign (particularly if Courtois and Hazard sign for Madrid).

Edited by Deviskan

16 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Liverpool putting together a squad that's going to push Man City for the title I think...be interesting to see who Man Utd and Chelsea sign (particularly if Courtois and Hazard sign for Madrid).

Fair enough. I was going off of an interview with Klopp after Karius had made another mistake last week.

Alisson is a great keeper though. Would solve their problem for sure

30 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Whilst I think Alisson is a brilliant keeper I'd have thought donnaruma would have been the cheaper option what with AC's ffp issues at the moment 

10 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Its about tine Scottish teams stopped taking the dry one from England and the OF. Good on Aberdeen for slapping a huge price tag on their biggest asset. (And btw to Hibs for not taking it from Celtic.)

Aberdeen can easily point to Calum Patersons achievements last season as a similarly rated young player from SPFL. We were unlucky fee wise there but frankly what would a team pay for someone like CP from another English team?? Negotiations would start at £10M.

People scoffing at Aberdeen for this type of stance is part of the rooted problem we have up here. A major inferiority complex and massively self effacing.

Say a championship club comes in though and offer a million and Aberdeen say 'No, £10 million', the player gets wind of the money on offer he may say 'happy to stay but pay me in line with your valuation or I'm handing in transfer request' and he'd be right to do so imo.

49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Say a championship club comes in though and offer a million and Aberdeen say 'No, £10 million', the player gets wind of the money on offer he may say 'happy to stay but pay me in line with your valuation or I'm handing in transfer request' and he'd be right to do so imo.

So whats the alternative? Sell our players below their value cos we cant afford same wages as Huddersfield?

No chance. You give the guy the best deal you can. Uf he signs the contract, its to him to honour it, no matter how good he suddenly gets! Whats a player thinking when he signs the contract? Ach I’ve prob found my level here, or does ge have smbition and know he needs to start somewhere and cut his bones, earn his move?

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

So whats the alternative? Sell our players below their value cos we cant afford same wages as Huddersfield?

No chance. You give the guy the best deal you can. Uf he signs the contract, its to him to honour it, no matter how good he suddenly gets! Whats a player thinking when he signs the contract? Ach I’ve prob found my level here, or does ge have smbition and know he needs to start somewhere and cut his bones, earn his move?

I don't entirely disagree with you but I can see why people might feel a bit miffed. 'We value you at X but we aren't willing to reflect that in our wages'. That would annoy me at work.

36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't entirely disagree with you but I can see why people might feel a bit miffed. 'We value you at X but we aren't willing to reflect that in our wages'. That would annoy me at work.

It would annoy me as well and no doubt my workmates too

If however, I was aware the alternative was that the firm's existence would be jeopardised if we all got a rise, I would stick with it until something better turned up rather than being thrown on the dole.