***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Damn it. 

I can never get past that one.  

Should've, would've, could've, as Beverley Knight almost sang.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Hibs standing firm and not selling to Celtic. Good for them.

I personally wish he went for a free to Villa at the end of his contract but never mind, Hibs will only be seeing just over a million.

If McGinn wanted to go to Celtic over Villa there is little Hibs could have done to prevent it. 

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Danny Rose in talks with Schalke over a year long loan move from Spurs

Spurs have taken their time in freezing him out since his comments.

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

Should've, would've, could've, as Beverley Knight almost sang.

Pretty sure it was Should of, would of, could of.

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Danny Rose in talks with Schalke over a year long loan move from Spurs

From a £40m move to Man Utd to this is in a year.....

Funny old game.

Edited by DH1986

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

On what planet is Courtois only rated £38mil when Allison went for £60mil? 

All about contract length - Courtois 1 year only left. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

From a £40m move to Man Utd to this is in a year.....

Funny old game.

Ye. It's like hello magazine these days the transfer market (who's hot and who isn't). Some mental opinions banded about from the fans too. I think that could be a great move for him, big club that are always quite strong in the bundesliga and a very good league tactically from what I've seen. Well done to him for having the guts to make the move

Edited by rudi must stay

And it's EPL deadline day..

Ready for more outrageous fees to be spent..

"Chelsea went big on Wednesday and signed Athletic Bilbao keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for £71m"

"Manchester City have signed Australia winger Daniel Arzani from Melbourne City." - Isn't he the one that's meant to be loaned to the Mhanks?

Heartsofgold

Looks like Celtic are selling Boyata.  Good for us if so, he's their only competent centre half and their 'fans' don't rate either of the other 2 options.  Uche may have a field day on Saturday.  Well I can but hope.

12 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

And it's EPL deadline day..

Ready for more outrageous fees to be spent..

"Chelsea went big on Wednesday and signed Athletic Bilbao keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for £71m"

"Manchester City have signed Australia winger Daniel Arzani from Melbourne City." - Isn't he the one that's meant to be loaned to the Mhanks?

Yes

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

Looks like Hibs have used some of the McGinn money to loan Emerson Hyndman for 6 months. 

6 months? I wouldn't sign a player on loan for that. Does really well and he's back there in January

40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

6 months? I wouldn't sign a player on loan for that. Does really well and he's back there in January

Aye, It does seem short. Maybe that's all they could afford lol

The Internet

Everton just raiding Barca for fringe players getting Digne, Gomes and now Mina. Also looking forward to seeing how Bernard does in the epl.

chester copperpot

Man Utd being used by Godin's agent to get his new improved contract over the line with Atletico 

:pleasing:

Hibs get money for a player and immediately dive into the loan market. 

It's going to bite them in the arse again down the line.

Eventually the little bit of quality youth will dry up again.

The loan players won't perform or will leave them short of permanent signings.

Lennon will either leave or run out of favours at Celtic. 

They can't keep bringing in ex Celtic players/managers forever to keep their little arselicking affair going.

They have managed to walk on the right side of the fine line for a while but they will trip eventually.

Did the English transfer window shut at 5 or is it midnight?

Apparently Josh Windass has just signed for Wigan for 2 million. 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Did the English transfer window shut at 5 or is it midnight?

Apparently Josh Windass has just signed for Wigan for 2 million. 

5pm.

3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Rangers sell Declan John. A left back.

I wonder where they could find a talented left back to replace him. 

:silviodamn:

Theyve just spent £2m+ on this Osijek LB so don’t you worry about Demi. :) 

rudi must stay

Great day for Everton. Mina is way underrated and a terrific signing, Andre Gomes in there and Bernard brought in as a free transfer and he's 25. Very solid squad there, top 4 may be too much but I'd expect them to get European football

rudi must stay
On 09/08/2018 at 19:17, benny said:

Makes you wonder why go to Everton instead of Man U.

The only reason I can think of is the manager.

He'd have gone there in an instant if Man Utd had really shown they wanted him. Everton did. That's how I think it went

On 09/08/2018 at 17:32, Bauld said:

Eventually the little bit of quality youth will dry up again.

Whatevet happened to the young lad that came through at the same time as Sam Stanton that a few on here were telling us was the best Scottish prospect in years? Wide midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Whatevet happened to the young lad that came through at the same time as Sam Stanton that a few on here were telling us was the best Scottish prospect in years? Wide midfielder. 

alex harris? if so he is at falkirk

Edited by milky_26

Just now, milky_26 said:

harris?

That’s the one. He was getting bummed up something rotten by certain people on here. Though that may have been them just using an excuse to slag our youngsters. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

That’s the one. He was getting bummed up something rotten by certain people on here. Though that may have been them just using an excuse to slag our youngsters. 

looked a good prospect to be fair.  

letsalldothebeattie

Aberdeen have just completed the loan signing of striker James Wilson from Man Utd for the rest of the season

Carl Fredrickson
26 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Aberdeen have just completed the loan signing of striker James Wilson from Man Utd for the rest of the season

Potentially a great signing. Like so many Man Utd youngsters showed a lot of promise but hasnt developed to be food enough for their first team. 

This could also mean that after our loan from them last season they see Scotland as a decent place to send out players on loan.

I know we need at least one centre half in, ideally 2 but we have to be patient and make sure we get the right men for the job.

If we panic buy we might end up in the shit.

19 minutes ago, Hogan3012 said:

Apparently trying to get jimmy dunne a young centre back on loan from Burnley.

Does he have blond hair? Was at War of two halves this afternoon and saw Levein & McPhee in the car park behind the  Wheatfield with a tall blond guy. There was another guy there too, maybe the agent. All four got into a car and drove off before I could get my phone out for a photo! 

Edited by Rudolf

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Does he have blond hair? Was at War of two halves this afternoon and saw Levein & McPhee in the car park behind the  Wheatfield with a tall blond guy. There was another guy there too, maybe the agent. All four got into a car and drove off before I could get my phone out for a photo! 

Large

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He has dirty blonde hair if that helps ?

Yes, could’ve been him. They all shook hands before they got into the car  

we’ll find out soon enough?

BackOfTheNet
34 minutes ago, Hogan3012 said:

Apparently trying to get jimmy dunne a young centre back on loan from Burnley.

Was in Man Utd’s youth set up, spent first half of last season on loan at non-league Barrow then second half playing 20 games for Accrington Stanley in League 2, in the process helping them get promoted to League 1. Guy is promising but a centre back pairing of a 20 and 21 year-old doesn’t strike me with confidence. I’d be okay if he’s one of the two being signed (but do we even know if he’s better than Baur? I’ll trust the management team on this one) but we still need experience in there.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Shame if we can't find some 28-33 year old no nonsense centre half who will header a brick if it stop a goal. 

I don't care if he can't play football he just needs to stop goals going in until Berra is fit.

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Shame if we can't find some 28-33 year old no nonsense centre half who will header a brick if it stop a goal. 

I don't care if he can't play football he just needs to stop goals going in until Berra is fit.

Unless we’re looking to sign this Dunne lad permanently then I’d agree. Even if he comes in we still need someone to come in for 6 months (potentially longer when taking into account match fitness) who we know can do a solid job. I like the sound of McAuley but have my reservations over any 38 year old.

As for Dunne, it appears he played in the same Man Utd youth teams as Demi Mitchell for the best part of 10 years, so maybe he’s been recommended or Dunne followed Demi’s time at Hearts and liked what he saw.

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

I was hoping it was Robbie Thomson of Ayr United who along with Shankland is playing very well