***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Aberdeen get £500,000 bid knocked back....forward John Marquis of Doncaster Rovers

Large fee for a club outside the 'old firm'

Prince 'officially' leaves Hearts

Edited by CJGJ

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

2 hours ago, Chaps said:

Scott Fraser off to Burton Albion on a 2 year deal.

burton also sign david templeton

By the light
4 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

I would play Robertson left back and Tierney left wing. 

Other way round

The Internet
6 hours ago, Barack said:

Of which I'm aware. Imagine then, what Robertson's supposed market worth & weekly wage should be. If we go by the now standard, EPL inflated sense of worth.

Laughable.

I'm quite comfortable in my opinion of Tierney's future career aspirations. If he ends up being the first £100 million pound left-back, then Everton can be proud their astutness paid off. I don't think it will. 

Robertson was a rare bargain down there. Ridiculously low fee he went for (relative to the non-real world that is English football). 

Everton don't need Tierney to be a £100million left back they just need him to be a Leighton Baines replacement, solid and dependable. Which he will be. If he does ever move before the age of 30 I doubt it'll be downwards. 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, By the light said:

Other way round

Agreed. Robertson better going forward imo 

This just seems wrong...Lennons agent commenting on a possible move to Celtic for John McgInn….does he get commission for the transfers ?

https://videocelts.com/2018/07/blogs/latest-news/agent-makes-mcginn-suggestion/

'I think there are still a great number of hoops fans not sure on Mcginn , I have watched him for 2 years he is a top player and something different to what Celtic have in midfield,he would be a brilliant signing. IMO !!'

Edited by CJGJ

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This just seems wrong...Lennons agent commenting on a possible move to Celtic for John McgInn….does he get commission for the transfers ?

https://videocelts.com/2018/07/blogs/latest-news/agent-makes-mcginn-suggestion/

'I think there are still a great number of hoops fans not sure on Mcginn , I have watched him for 2 years he is a top player and something different to what Celtic have in midfield,he would be a brilliant signing. IMO !!'

Jesus 

gashauskis9

Paterson signs new 4 year deal with Cardiff.  Good to see he’s in their plans now they’re in the EPL.

WoodenHertz
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

buffon signs for psg

That puts to bed any chances of him signing for us then! ;) 

19 hours ago, milky_26 said:

buffon signs for psg

16 hours ago, WoodenHertz said:

That puts to bed any chances of him signing for us then! ;) 

Only a 1 year deal (with 1 more extension) so there is still hope. 

46 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Probably been discussed but I hear Milinkovic is going to Hull. 

Bugger!! Take it that means we are out the running then 

Tony Watt Set to sign or St Johnstone.

he’s already admitted he can’t afford to

fail this 

the Perth saints also taken Andy driver in for training with a view to a deal 

Two ex players could be signing for st Johnstone. Tony watt in talks(didn’t know he was training with the dons) and Andy driver to go on trial at st Johnstone too!

just beaten to it ha!

Edited by MrB1to4

James1874f
On 05/07/2018 at 14:11, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm not sure you've been watching him too closely. The kid would tackle a brick wall.

For what it's worth he'll never be more than an emergency centre half. But he's going to be a world class left back.

Disagree he Will be nowhere near world class. 

It’s easy to play for a team much better than the rest around better players and look good. I could play up front for Celtic and still score about 15 a season. 

He’s better than this league yes but he’s nowhere near as good as Celtic fans will have you believe. 

James1874f
6 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Tony Watt Set to sign or St Johnstone.

he’s already admitted he can’t afford to

fail this 

the Perth saints also taken Andy driver in for training with a view to a deal 

Tony Watt and his over inflated ego at the mighty St Johnstone.  

Surprised we didn't have a look at Driver. Certainly very good on his day and is apparently playing as a wing back these days. He might not be what we are looking for in terms of age and pace and I have faith in Leveins decision to sign Mulraney because he is young and goes like Usian Bolt with a tiger biting at his arse.

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Surprised we didn't have a look at Driver. Certainly very good on his day and is apparently playing as a wing back these days. He might not be what we are looking for in terms of age and pace and I have faith in Leveins decision to sign Mulraney because he is young and goes like Usian Bolt with a tiger biting at his arse.

I have no idea what Driver is capable of these days but might be similar to Ashley Young and could play as a left wing back. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have no idea what Driver is capable of these days but might be similar to Ashley Young and could play as a left wing back. 

Hard to say if he has it as a winger these days. Never had pace to burn after those injuries but he is playing consistently now which can only be a good thing. 

Will be interesting to see of StJ sign him as a winger or a left back. 

From an article in The Sun a few months back.

ANDREW DRIVER admits playing left-back for De Graafschap has given him a new appreciation for the role.

The 30-year-old made his name at Hearts as a flying winger who used his speed to beat opponents.

But coach Henk De Jong switched him to a more defensive role when he changed his system earlier this season.

And the player revealed he had to learn on his feet as he tried to adapt to his new position.

He said: “Last season we played a 3-5-2 and I played at left wing-back, which suited me perfectly.

“But we then had a few bad results and the manager decided the formation wasn’t working so I was moved back.

“It was a good experience and I have learned a lot.

“It has gone better than I thought it would, there have been a few times where I have played really well.

“But as a winger it does give you an appreciation of what other wingers do.

“It’s not a nice feeling to have guys running at you!

“Another thing is as a defender you have to concentrate a lot. When you’re a winger you sometimes lose concentration and the game passes you by.

“But when you are in a defensive position you can’t let that happen. One mistake and you’re at fault for a goal.

“When I do get back to playing left wing it will be a nice feeling to be on the other side of it!”

Willo Flood contract in indonesia has been cancelled ?

Edited by Sergio

Baldwigforjack
11 minutes ago, Sergio said:

He lasted long ??

Edited by Baldwigforjack

Cancelled because the league has new foreign player restrictions and be didn’t qualify for a work permit as he wasn’t playing in the top tier at his last club 

You cant help but laugh but it’s a shame for the guy.

Ronaldo to Juventus seems to be almost agreed

Real get rid of a player who has given them his best years and costs them a small fortune.

Juventus get an excellent player with a year or two still left in his legs and of course the related commercial exposure he brings with him..........he needed a shirt sales boost that  a new club brings with it.

Ryan Jarman

Who would have thought when Real smashed the world record transfer fee signing Ronaldo they’d be selling him at a 25 million profit nearly 10 years later. Phenomenal business that shows the madness of transfer fees in the current climate. 

Edited by Ryan Jarman

On 05/07/2018 at 12:55, Darren said:

I'd play 3-5-2 for Scotland with Tierney at left centre back and Robertson at wing back.

Tierney is shite and a diving wee prick

On 09/07/2018 at 10:01, Sergio said:

They took one look at him and thought he was sacred.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Jenks said:

Tierney is shite and a diving wee prick

He isn’t shite but he is a diving (and squealing) wee prick. 

tartofmidlothian
On 09/07/2018 at 10:01, Sergio said:

Didn't he cancel a contract to go there?

Jack Wilshere to West Ham. At least Andy Carroll will have some company in the treatment room

Decent player when fit mind.

8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Didn't he cancel a contract to go there?

He did after a week or so 

From the record

"Who were Celtic and Hearts watching?

Celtic and Hearts scouts were in attendance at Glenavon’s match with Molde in the Europa League last night.

Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten report that 15 clubs were in attendance at Mourneview Park last night to watch the Northern Irish outfit beat Molde.

A number of top English clubs were also in attendance with Molde striker Erling Haaland the star attraction."

Famous 1874

Barcelona interested in N'golo Kante. That would be some signing for them. Could see them winning everything next season if they get him in.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Barcelona interested in N'golo Kante. That would be some signing for them. Could see them winning everything next season if they get him in.

Hard working player. Ye he'd be a great bit of business

17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

liverpool sign shaquiri

Given the price it's a decent deal for a player that will need to step up to become a regular in Liverpools side

It does though strengthen the playing pool for next season

Just now, CJGJ said:

Given the price it's a decent deal for a player that will need to step up to become a regular in Liverpools side

It does though strengthen the playing pool for next season

Klopp was quoted as not signing a keeper.Surely he is on the wind up.

10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

liverpool sign shaquiri

It's definitely a good deal for them. Cheap price in today's market and he will fit into their system well.

They looked a bit weak last year if Mane, Salah or Firmino weren't playing so this should help solve that.

10 hours ago, benny said:

Klopp was quoted as not signing a keeper.Surely he is on the wind up.

He wants to keep faith with Karius. Says he has a lot of trust in him, he has potential to be one of the world's best...

Could be his downfall tbh

Something I've wondered for a while now

Players like Mulumbu and Jones at Killie, McGinn and McGeoch at Hibs, McLean and Hayes at Aberdeen and Lafferty and Souttar with us have all been linked with moves in various windows but for some reason Graeme Shinnie never seems to be of interest, Why? 

3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Something I've wondered for a while now

Players like Mulumbu and Jones at Killie, McGinn and McGeoch at Hibs, McLean and Hayes at Aberdeen and Lafferty and Souttar with us have all been linked with moves in various windows but for some reason Graeme Shinnie never seems to be of interest, Why? 

Because he's a regular with Aberdeen and under contract until next summer

Just now, JamboAl said:

Because he's a regular with Aberdeen and under contract until next summer

A description that fits a few of the players I mentioned, just surprised that despite the fact that he's an important player at a decent team it doesn't seem like anyones willing to chuck in any sort of bid