***Summer 2018 Transfer Window Thread***

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I don’t understand the hate for Liverpool with some posters on here. Great fans play fantastic football and Klopp is nutter. Want him to do well. Mourinho puss if Klopp manages Liverpool to their first PL title.

I don't personally hate them but  fans aren't great, they are a bit whiny,  nothing is their fault, reminds of another  team  I dislike

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I don’t understand the hate for Liverpool with some posters on here. Great fans play fantastic football and Klopp is nutter. Want him to do well. Mourinho puss if Klopp manages Liverpool to their first PL title.

I don't understand how a Hearts fan could give a flying eff about any other team on this planet myself. They're all wankers, Liverpool incuded, and Klopp in particular comes across as a right smug prick.

But hey, it'd be dull if we all thought the same.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Supporting 2 teams? Like having a bit on the side and trying to justify it by saying they live in different cities.

The Internet

Real Madrid buying a(nother) 17 year old Brazilian for like £40m. Spent roughly 90m on 2 of them now. This one's called Rodrygo Goes. 

Tommy Walker
8 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Supporting 2 teams? Like having a bit on the side and trying to justify it by saying they live in different cities.

Spread the love :kiss:

Born n bred in Lockerbie (1951) n followed my old man as a QOS fan, season ticket etc from primary school

We/family met TWalker on holiday early 60s, given lapel badge by him n supported 2 teams thereafter

School trip to ECupwinners Final Hampden at Liverpool losing end 1966 n loved the crowd emotion/banter/humour in the rain...

so soft spot for them esp cos of Shankly n other Scots

Living in Oz since 1994 so don't mind seeing them/Oz doing well

and finally been with my good lady since 1976...

so analyse that as you like

Best

TW

2 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Born n bred in Lockerbie (1951) n followed my old man as a QOS fan, season ticket etc from primary school

We/family met TWalker on holiday early 60s, given lapel badge by him n supported 2 teams thereafter

School trip to ECupwinners Final Hampden at Liverpool losing end 1966 n loved the crowd emotion/banter/humour in the rain...

Best

TW

Nothing wrong with that pal.

ford donald
5 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Best

TW

Well said you.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
5 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

Best

TW

You should be ashamed.  :P

What would happen if you bumped into Lennon and he offered to take you along to Celtic park? A worrying pattern in your decision making would suggest that you could become the newest member of The Green Brigade. :o

Another sign of the more even spread of wealth (though I see there will be some changes ro overseas tv money) with Tottenham seemingly unwilling to pay the £70 million plus Crystal Palace are demanding for Wilfred Zaha. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/11397772/tottenham-cool-wilfried-zaha-interest-due-to-crystal-palaces-valuation

Crystal Palace might be outsiders to put in a challenge next season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another sign of the more even spread of wealth (though I see there will be some changes ro overseas tv money) with Tottenham seemingly unwilling to pay the £70 million plus Crystal Palace are demanding for Wilfred Zaha. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/11397772/tottenham-cool-wilfried-zaha-interest-due-to-crystal-palaces-valuation

Crystal Palace might be outsiders to put in a challenge next season. 

That is three times his real value but obviously it comes down to do they really want him that bad and who is he going to put out the Spurs team? 

Liam Kelly to Livingston. Back up keeper to Alexander.

Decent prospect. Been at Rangers since he was 6 years old - 16 years!

On 07/06/2018 at 21:26, CJGJ said:

Liverpool clearly rebuilding the midfield...Deal now agreed for Fakir of Lyon £53 million

Fakir, Fabinho and Keita all signed

certainly all upgrades on paper from this seasons squad but time will tell

On 07/06/2018 at 23:11, Lucille's Thirsty said:

£48.8M plus £4.4M in bonuses. Alisson to come in and Liverpool are looking fantastic. Klopp was able to get a terrible Liverpool midfield with Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum to CL final :lol: Not terrible but not world class either.

Liverpool’s front six next season.

Mane Firmino Salah

Fekir Fabinho Keita.

:rofl:

Maybe

johnthomas
On 09/06/2018 at 00:10, Mikey1874 said:

Liam Kelly to Livingston. Back up keeper to Alexander.

Decent prospect. Been at Rangers since he was 6 years old - 16 years!

And his name is Liam Kelly ? Serious dyke jumping going on here

Lucille's Thirsty
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe

:lol:

What a strange set of affairs.

Different reports everywhere? 

Liverpool pulled out due to medical.

Deal will still be done after WC.

Lyon pulled out due to Liverpool lowering their offer due to dodgy knee.

1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

:lol:

What a strange set of affairs.

Different reports everywhere? 

Liverpool pulled out due to medical.

Deal will still be done after WC.

Lyon pulled out due to Liverpool lowering their offer due to dodgy knee.

It's still got done deal written all over it. 

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looks like Red Dippers never done their homework that he was injured for some games last season

Found out at the medical and lowered their offer.

Lucille's Thirsty
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That’s my gut feeling too. Even before Liverpool bid for Fekir the Lyon CEO was saying they won’t entertain bids until after the WC. Plus you might’ve seen images of Fekir in a Liverpool top whilst doing his LFCTV interview. 

Last season Liverpool bought AOC for £40m and his injury record is far worse than Fekir’s plus he’s an inferior player.

1 hour ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

That’s my gut feeling too. Even before Liverpool bid for Fekir the Lyon CEO was saying they won’t entertain bids until after the WC. Plus you might’ve seen images of Fekir in a Liverpool top whilst doing his LFCTV interview. 

Last season Liverpool bought AOC for £40m and his injury record is far worse than Fekir’s plus he’s an inferior player.

Yeah 

Might be about appeasing their fans till new signings ready to be announced.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Kluivert to Roma for 18/20m is an absolute bargain.

Monchi strikes again.

Roma seem to be good at finding great players at a low price. Though Juventus also do this with free agents.

On Italian related news, Liam Henderson seems to have started something for young Scottish players to go to Serie B. Chelsea and Scotland U21 player Harvey St. Clair is expected to sign for Venezia after turning down a contract extension from Chelsea. If Liam Henderson does go to Serie A and does well, and St Clair does well in Serie B, wonder if more Italian clubs will look to young Scottish players.

Sexton Hardcastle
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Roma seem to be good at finding great players at a low price. Though Juventus also do this with free agents.

On Italian related news, Liam Henderson seems to have started something for young Scottish players to go to Serie B. Chelsea and Scotland U21 player Harvey St. Clair is expected to sign for Venezia after turning down a contract extension from Chelsea. If Liam Henderson does go to Serie A and does well, and St Clair does well in Serie B, wonder if more Italian clubs will look to young Scottish players.

Assume he won’t be at Bari next season. They’re about to pull a Rangers. Even the waters been cut off.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Assume he won’t be at Bari next season. They’re about to pull a Rangers. Even the waters been cut off.

Parma and Bologna both want him. Imagine if Bari are heading into financial ruin might be easier for him to leave.

Saint Jambo

Cammy Bell signs for Partick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44446553

(Apologies if already covered somewhere.)

His name keeps seeming to get mentioned in threads about who our second keeper might be, so good to have that one put to bed.

Livi have signed Callum Crane from Hibs (only played twice for them) and Ricki Lamie from Morton. Adding to Liam Kelly from Rangers and Craig Sibbald from Falkirk. A lot of activity for a team without a manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44418794

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Cammy Bell signs for Partick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44446553

(Apologies if already covered somewhere.)

His name keeps seeming to get mentioned in threads about who our second keeper might be, so good to have that one put to bed.

Livi have signed Callum Crane from Hibs (only played twice for them) and Ricki Lamie from Morton. Adding to Liam Kelly from Rangers and Craig Sibbald from Falkirk. A lot of activity for a team without a manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44418794

Bloody hell. Cammy Bell is only 31? He seems to have been around for ages.

Journeyman aswell.

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think they are a stepping stone club before players reach the top tier clubs and in term sign players with potential.  Players like Kluivert, Salah come in to a big club with much less expectation than a club such as Man Utd. perfect platform for them.  Juve do seem to get some staggering deals done, sweep up the casts offs from teams like Madrid, Munich and PSG to great success. 

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Jason Naismith signed for Peterborough. 

It’s a bit sad in a way that our second best club in recent seasons can’t compete with the mighty Peterborough. No wonder English fans think it’s a joke up here 

17 hours ago, Chaps said:

Livi still signing players but have no manager yet.

:levein2:

I find it amazing that the media only pick up on this sort of thing when it involves Hearts.

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It’s a bit sad in a way that our second best club in recent seasons can’t compete with the mighty Peterborough. No wonder English fans think it’s a joke up here 

Who said they can't compete?

If Naismith went to the Sheep, he'd be competing with Logan for RB whereas at Peterborough he may see a better opportunity of playing regularly.

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Who said they can't compete?

If Naismith went to the Sheep, he'd be competing with Logan for RB whereas at Peterborough he may see a better opportunity of playing regularly.

Report I read suggested "Aberdeen were blown out the water"

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Have Aberdeen not just taken a player from Peterborough on a free?

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Think they got an Ipswich player Nookie

WoodenHertz
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

They signed Chris Forrester for an undisclosed fee reported to be around £200,000. 

Sevco apparently in for Ryan Gauld and doing a swap deal with morelos and skrtel 

35 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Rangers sign another player on a 4 year contract. Conor Goldson. Again, the fee is undisclosed. 

I seen 3m quoted in places. 

So that is 5m on 2 players.  

Not bad going for a club with no money. 

Just now, Bauld said:

that'll be most of the season ticket money gone then (or they are sticking to their higher purchase ways of dealing).

more soft loans to keep them going through the season then ?

17 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I honestly think that the Gerrard saga could be the end of Rangers 2.0

If they don't get to Europe then this could end with them being bust inside 2yrs!

5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I honestly think that the Gerrard saga could be the end of Rangers 2.0

If they don't get to Europe then this could end with them being bust inside 2yrs!

Even if they get to Europe they need to get through the group stages of the Europa to make it worthwhile. That's after navigating at least 2 qualifiers. 

To get into the champions league they would need to win the league, stopping Celtic, navigate at least 2 qualifiers and only then would making the group stages bank them some serious cash.

Basically finishing in a European spot won't save them.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, wigwam123 said:

Rangers sign another player on a 4 year contract. Conor Goldson. Again, the fee is undisclosed. 

Interesting one. Looks a crucial player for Brighton, a good EPL club and he's chosen Rangers. Bit of a statement signing

plastic_bas
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Interesting one. Looks a crucial player for Brighton, a good EPL club and he's chosen Rangers. Bit of a statement signing

I am not sure where you've picked that up from. 3 Premier league appearances last season and long spells out during their championship run with heart problems. A risky but potentially good signing.

Morgaro Gomis
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He’s played about 8 times in 2 years. Hardly a crucial player. Including 5 in the championship last year.