• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• rudi must stay

• tartofmidlothian

• Bauld

38 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44686135

Hibs sign Adam Bogdan from Liverpool on loan.

Not played in a year and a half because of injury.

Played under Lennon in the during the awful spell he had in charge of Bolton. What could go wrong :lol:

I think it's hilarious. They may as well have signed Jack Hamilton and smothered his gloves in butter.

johnthomas
1 hour ago, Gulf Jambo said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44686135

Hibs sign Adam Bogdan from Liverpool on loan.

Not played in a year and a half because of injury.

Played under Lennon in the during the awful spell he had in charge of Bolton. What could go wrong :lol:

Don't think he played for Bolton much when NL was there

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Don't think he played for Bolton much when NL was there

from wiki, it looks like it would have been between 20 and 30 times

Edited by milky_26

johnthomas
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

from wiki, it looks like it would have been between 20 and 30 times

Lennon went there 2014 he only played 13 games that season

32 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Lennon went there 2014 he only played 13 games that season

doh i miss read it as the previous season

McGeouch to Sunderland. They haven't signed many players this window, hope and think a miserable season awaits them. 

17 minutes ago, viva hate said:

McGeouch to Sunderland. They haven't signed many players this window, hope and think a miserable season awaits them. 

And hope Hibs do badly too

The Internet
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Substantive rumour, or fact?

Not quite fact but looking very likely. 

21 hours ago, Chaps said:

:cornette: 

Leicester paid 500k for him and he helped them win what many considered the impossible, EPL title.

Best business in history?

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Substantive rumour, or fact?

Man Utd were sniffing about last season. Reckon he will go to a top 4 club personally. 

20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Leicester paid 500k for him and he helped them win what many considered the impossible, EPL title.

Nowhere near Sir Paul Hartley.:pleased:

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Yes, in recent years. Pirlo to Juve on a free is probably the best bit of business of all time

27 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Now cashing in for 60m.

Edited to add in the cashing in for 60m.

Bruno Alves undergoing medical at Parma..this will get another player off the books at Rangers but he has been an expensive flop

gashauskis9

Tierney to Everton is happening.  Fee and personal terms agreed.  85k a week rising to 140k.  Where the feck are they getting that kind of money from?

chester copperpot

Ronaldo to Juve for 100€.

For a 33yr old. Mind you, the merchandise sales alone probably pay most of the fee.

23 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

For a 33yr old. Mind you, the merchandise sales alone probably pay most of the fee.

Bargain.

8 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Tierney to Everton is happening.  Fee and personal terms agreed.  85k a week rising to 140k.  Where the feck are they getting that kind of money from?

The same place as every other English club , Sky TV ! I seriously hope English football combusts.

King prawn
9 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that Real Madrid had made back the money they spent on Bale through kit sales before he’d even kicked a ball. May be utter nonsense but it wouldn’t surprise me.

If Tierney goes to Everton it will be hilarious. Every mention of him leaving Celtic online is always battered with posts from Celtic fans telling the world how he loves Celtic so much money wouldn't make him want to leave. And if he goes the world will be full of Celtic fans complaining to the world about their players being lured away by big wages and it isn't fair, in a totally non ironic way. 

I think the £25m fee will help cushion the blow...sickening for us and the rest of the league, as the gap will just get bigger.

Edited by Deviskan

Gene Parmesan
1 hour ago, Jenks said:

The same place as every other English club , Sky TV ! I seriously hope English football combusts.

They also have a billionaire controlling them.

38 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that Real Madrid had made back the money they spent on Bale through kit sales before he’d even kicked a ball. May be utter nonsense but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I know that happened with Beckham and it was something like the shirt sales within the first day

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I know that happened with Beckham and it was something like the shirt sales within the first day

I remember being in LA when Beckham was with Galaxy and wanted to buy a shirt for a friends kid. To my amazement you could only buy them with his name on the back unless you went for the keepers top. 

johnthomas
49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If Tierney goes to Everton it will be hilarious. Every mention of him leaving Celtic online is always battered with posts from Celtic fans telling the world how he loves Celtic so much money wouldn't make him want to leave. And if he goes the world will be full of Celtic fans complaining to the world about their players being lured away by big wages and it isn't fair, in a totally non ironic way. 

Indeed , just about to pop over to the herald and see

Saint Jambo
10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

£85k a week is obviously silly money but in the context of clubs paying £25m transfer fees and no one batting an eyelid it really isn't that much. They will have to pay Tierney for 6 seasons for the outlay in wages to match the outlay in transfer fee. If his pay is £140k that comes down to 4 years wages to match the fee. £4.5m a year in wages for a first team player presumably seems like good value especially when they are likely to recoup at least the majority of the transfer fee down the line.

hmfc_liam06
21 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Man Utd were sniffing about last season. Reckon he will go to a top 4 club personally. 

He's not good enough for a top 4 club just now.

They'll be looking for an Everton/Southampton type club to take a punt and prove himself before making a move.

Just Scotlands luck to have one young player going for 25 million and another standing out in the later rounds of the champions league and both of them are bloody left backs :lol:

McLeish really needs to come up with a system which will benefit both of these players somehow, if Barry Douglas has a good season in the prem next season then God knows how we'll get our best XI on the pitch 

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Who're they going to re-coup the money from?

Tierney won't play for a bigger club than Everton. He won't play for a bigger club than Celtic, for that matter.

Will be a mid-table, EPL, good left back. No more than that. 

He’s much better than that to be fair. He is far too good for Celtic and might end up being the first Scottish player in a long time to go on and play for one of the big teams in Italy, Spain or Germany.

Edited by Frank1874

The Internet
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Tierney isn't even the best Scottish  left-back.

140k.  :lol:

While true, that's only because Scotland's best player is also a left back. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Just Scotlands luck to have one young player going for 25 million and another standing out in the later rounds of the champions league and both of them are bloody left backs :lol:

McLeish really needs to come up with a system which will benefit both of these players somehow, if Barry Douglas has a good season in the prem next season then God knows how we'll get our best XI on the pitch 

We play the best left back at left back and the others will have to settle for a spot on the bench.

We know more than most, square pegs and round holes don't go.

Tierney won't play for a bigger club than Everton. He won't play for a bigger club than Celtic, for that matter.

Potential to be centre half at the highest level.

Good move for him. 

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good move for him. 

Nah he is an out and out left back. A very good one!

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good move for him. 

Too small for a Centre half and the times iv'e seen him play he likes a bit of a dive and theatrics, certainly one of the games last year at Tynie right in front of us in the main stand not a patch on Robertson.

Saint Jambo

The reasin I say recoup at least the majority is even if he is ok but not brilliant, as long as he is a regular starter there is a fair chance they could off load him to West Ham or some such for £18million in a couple of seasons. There is enough silly money swirling around down there that £25m for a full back just isn't than outlandish. Of course he much go to Man U for £50m or Bristol Rovers for £500k instead but I suspect the top half EPL teams now work to a financial formula that averages a decent return on outlay for players in that age and value bracket.

I'd play 3-5-2 for Scotland with Tierney at left centre back and Robertson at wing back.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Barack said:

We'll have to agree to disagree, mate. One of us will be proved correct.

I'm happy to be proven wrong. 

:thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'd play 3-5-2 for Scotland with Tierney at left centre back and Robertson at wing back.

I would play Robertson left back and Tierney left wing. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

I would play Robertson left back and Tierney left wing. 

That’s definitely the wrong way round imo. Robertson’s greatest assets are his attacking ability and crossing and Tierney is a more rounded player who is better in the air.

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Too small for a Centre half and the times iv'e seen him play he likes a bit of a dive and theatrics, certainly one of the games last year at Tynie right in front of us in the main stand not a patch on Robertson.

To be a good centre half you need to be a bit hard. He’s shown no signs of that in his play. 

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

To be a good centre half you need to be a bit hard. He’s shown no signs of that in his play. 

Did he not play on with quite a serious head wound in a cup final iirc

Gene Parmesan
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'm not sure you've been watching him too closely. The kid would tackle a brick wall.

For what it's worth he'll never be more than an emergency centre half. But he's going to be a world class left back.