Levein ( merged )

rick witter

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think some people are getting confused with Key Sports Management (JC resigned as a Director on 19th May 2017) and Universal Sports Management, run by Trevor Stevens. Steven McLean is represented by the latter. 

Not confused. The truth just didn’t support their argument. Really very easy to find out who represents a player. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You clearly know **** all about Hearts with a comment as mind numbingly stupid as that.

Great comeback. You certainly proved him wrong. 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No he's not. Sales are down for next season because of the man in charge , the power he commands and the dull, attritional football that he serves up. Make no mistake , Levein has been well remunerated by the club over the last 4 years. He is being judged on his performance.and decision making over that entire period. The jury are now delivering their verdict. 

Where did you get your evidence that ‘Sales are down for next season’?  Or are you just making it up as you go along again? 

shaun.lawson
21 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Think you might be making a mistake... I supported Locke. 

Yes you did. After spending the previous season incessantly demanding McGlynn's head, and congratulating yourself continually on being "right" about something infinitely more complicated. Namely, that we were up shit creek without a paddle.

All Out Attack
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sssssh....imagine typing logic in amongst the madness

So why has the midfield and lack of pace not been sorted before now. We have all been saying it for years. 

Neil Lennon realised his team had goal scoring problems and an ar#ehole up front. He subsequently replaced his two strikers at the recent "difficult" winter window and his club has clearly kicked on. The Levein apologists on here were constantly bleeding on about how it is impossible to find players in this window. Both Hibs players, including the one we tried to sign, scored yesterday. 

We got Amankwaa, an absolute dud and Naismith, who Levein now plays as a defensive midfielder and who is apparently costing us a fortune. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

Section G The Place To Be

Pointless game people say? Difference between 6th and 5th is £120,000. Quite a lot of money to us. That could buy a good player or pay an even better players wages if we got him out of contract.

Anyone thinking Levein will have us playing any differently next season is seriously deluded or not quite the full shilling. He will not change his ways. The football on show is terrible, the tactics are brutal. His player recruitment has been woeful whether him personally or when he oversaw Cathro and Neilsons recruitment. Ridiculous contracts have been given out to wasters like sammon, oshinawa, Martin etc. Season tickets are much lower than last year so far (From a colleague with a family member working at the club) 

It’s one thing supporting a manager and getting behind the team but another thing when we are witness to the absolute gutless dross on the pitch and the huge amounts of money being wasted by the manager. Yet the suckers and sheep fall every time the club has its latest money push. The latest being replica 1998 shirt. A fecking replica. Any Hearts fan old enough should already have a bloody original from then if not then they seriously need a slap and questioned whether they are Hearts fans. If we didn’t have a manager handing out 3 year contracts to shite and squandering money on countless amounts of players then we maybe wouldn’t have to keep passing round the begging bowl. On top of that selling more season tickets, hospitality etc would also help. 

rab obanheartsno1

Doesn't matter what opinions anyone on here has the Levein lovers will always stick up for him, where was he at Dens park when the chips were down, bottling it with a supposed injury, 1 a shitebag always a shite bag today proved it

59 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We are horrible and things wont change unless there is a complete over haul of the footballing dept. 

Today`s performance was bordering disgusting, and i dont blame the players at all.  Levein should personally reimburse every single Hearts fan that paid to watch that today! 

So, every player gave 100%+ and played really well today. Is that what you are saying?

looked to me that certain players eg Berra, Souter, Adao, Lafferty had pretty much their poorest games of the season. Godinho looked out of his depth today, surprisingly given recent performances. Not making excuses but really can’t  blame Levein if five or six of them don’t turn up. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Doesn't matter what opinions anyone on here has the Levein lovers will always stick up for him, where was he at Dens park when the chips were down, bottling it with a supposed injury, 1 a shitebag always a shite bag today proved it

It was a virus that several players had I believe. 

44 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes, I was. Which is why I know we didn’t ‘out play’ them. They were dreadful going forward but make no mistake, we weren’t great thy day either. 

We pressed them, played with urgency and didn’t let them play. Scored twice, game over. I’ll take that result and performance every time we play them. 

Today was genuinely disgraceful and I would be embarrassed by that performance if I was Levein

I think we will be a bit better next year but we're not building anything under him. Like previous posts, under JJ it was leading somewhere, but this just seems like meandering from one window to the next with no actual plan in place 

It's really, really grim just now and like others have said, even though we have been crap in the past, it honestly feels so boring following Hearts just now, and indeed the last two years 

Bad times and will take at least eight quality signings to get any goodwill/optimism back for next year 

The situation is also not helped by our Hibernian chums having a consistently good period of form which highlights are own shortcomings dramatically 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Facts won't go down well with those that have their own view on that day. 

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I wish I had asked Gary Mackay this in his recent excellent interview, although it may have been a bit rude to be honest.

I'm pretty sure he said something different to this in the past. 

41 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The best post on this thread! Levein is in this for Levein, nothing else and the sooner people wake up and realise the better. 

Crowds are down, the football is atrocious, signings defy belief, money being wasted is ridiculous and season tickets wont be as high as last year.

Yet some people want to give this guy a summer?? 

‘Best post on this thread’ - yet it contains a bare-faced lie/inaccuracy. JC is not McLeans agent. Kind of kills any comments in the post imo. 

MacDonald Jardine
5 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

I very much doubt you were bothered by what happened in 86, apart from finding it funny. 

6 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Hence my point about some won't be happy till he is gone, wether we play well or not, he won't be forgiven, in this case forgiven for being the target of made up nonsense 

22 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Don’t get the logic in not renewing when we’re actually okay at home.

Clearly the best post in this thread. 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It’s not knee jerk, the guy has to go for me. 

Were awful to watch and becoming a bit of an embarrassment to be honest.

Don't want him to go but 100% want him to change our style of play we had nothing to lose and should have had a right  go if we got humped so be it. Was in a pub speaking to an ex Hearts player no names mentioned and even he conceded that he was really disappointed with the negative tactics let's hope for a massive change next season 

16 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

5 wins and 6 draws at Tynecastle in the league this season. Thats a fortress ?

7 wins counting SC matches. One of which was a Derby. 

I agree with much of what is being said but lets be fair if you are going to highlight the poor away form then be prepared to accept the home form has been solid. 

Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen have all been beaten at Tynecastle.

So our problem is clearly away from home. Our defence is normally solid the problems are middle to front. The manager has been building from the back so we now need to improve the midfield if we can do that then its up to our forwards to prove they are up to the task. 

I still have belief but can understand the concern others may have. I just dont think we should be panicking into hasty decisions. We have been down that road before.

I guess the ST sales will be the proof of the pudding whether the fans have indeed lost faith or if the Internet HSC are just bumping their gums. One thing I would say is anyone urging Hearts fans not to renew STs for whatever reason is no Hearts fan in my book.

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes you did. After spending the previous season incessantly demanding McGlynn's head, and congratulating yourself continually on being "right" about something infinitely more complicated. Namely, that we were up shit creek without a paddle.

Your right I did think JM needed to go and should be removed.  Do you think we should have kept him.

GL did a much better job in more difficult conditions.

judging by the lack of success in other managerial positions since he left the club...hard to argue it was the wrong call.

7 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

‘Levein lovers’ won’t always defend him. He’ll receive criticism when it’s due. See today for an example.

The ignorant (that’s you) will continue to slander a Hearts legend come what May however. A man who has done more for HMFC than any of us.

Posts like yours get my back up. That’s because they’d be more suited to a Hibs fans forum.

Uneducated, ignorant garbage.

Just now, All Out Attack said:

So why has the midfield and lack of pace not been sorted before now. We have all been saying it for years. 

Neil Lennon realised his team had goal scoring problems and an ar#ehole up front. He subsequently replaced his two strikers at the recent "difficult" winter window and his club has clearly kicked on. The Levein apologists on here were constantly bleeding on about how it is impossible to find players in this window. Both Hibs players, including the one we tried to sign, scored yesterday. 

We got Amankwaa, an absolute dud and Naismith, who Levein now plays as a defensive midfielder and who is apparently costing us a fortune. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

Do you actually think that having no LB and losing Djoum is irrelevant? Adao was letting Djoum move further up the pitch. Mitchell gave us balance. We had a good January window. You think Amankwaa is a dud but my opinion is different. As is you saying Naismith plays as a defensive midfielder. One problem is fitness , one is confidence , one is balance. Three pretty big problems there. Repsonsibility for that thats open to opinion you know mine. 

Lennon realised he had an arsehole upfront? That doesnt deserve a reply. MacLaren and Kamberi are able to play upfront and focus on that. We have no midfield to be able to allow our strikers to play more naturally. Only time today it even came close to happening was Moore to Laff in the box. The two goals we lost the first prob would of still happened with a competent LB as we got dragged out of position. The second no chance - hard to blame Moore as its not natural for him , but Candeis had a free run where your left back would be.  

We tried to sign , we may have gone after him but we then stepped back from the deal as it was too expensive for what we are looking for and need and the correct positions were addressed in January. If wed got Mason or the other player we wanted on the las day of the window it would of been one of the best wed had in a very long time. It is very difficult to find the right players in January. There is no saying MacLaren or Kamberi would of done as well for us as they have at Hibs for the reasons i mentioned above

Now iv replied and answered your questions but please as long as you have that ludicrous political look at me crap at the bottom of your posts don’t reply to me.  

10 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Thats just rubbish from start to finish. Actually feel sorry for you if you believe that. Anyone who knows Levein knows that the last thing he is is a bottler. 

Just now, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Don't want him to go but 100% want him to change our style of play we had nothing to lose and should have had a right  go if we got humped so be it. Was in a pub speaking to an ex Hearts player no names mentioned and even he conceded that he was really disappointed with the negative tactics let's hope for a massive change next season 

He's had to contend with the squad he inherited more or less. Those who he has brought in have served us well, however there is still a clear out required over the summer. Levein should be judged by who comes in and the start we have next season. What will be unacceptable is a continuation of the abysmal negative tactics away from home. That has to stop. 

42 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

6 wins and 6 draws at Tynecastle in the league this season. Thats a fortress ?

Yes I’d say that it pretty much is. 

You omitted the 0 defeats part though

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Your right I did think JM needed to go and should be removed.  Do you think we should have kept him.

GL did a much better job in more difficult conditions.

judging by the lack of success in other managerial positions since he left the club...hard to argue it was the wrong call.

You're completely missing the point. McGlynn and Locke were both useful idiots. Both of them only got the job because of the dire, very nearly terminal circumstances we were in. They were symptoms, not causes.

Now, we don't have any of those problems. Now, everything is good off the park. Yet rather than bring in a young, dynamic, imaginative manager, we turned instead to someone whose best days are a decade or more ago, and who already had a huge amount of responsibility for our dreadful squad.

Predictably, that completely over the hill manager has flopped. Predictably, his style of play is to football what King Herod was to child welfare. Yet what do you do? At the very time we should have no excuses, we should be forging ahead with confidence, you defend this shitebag! It's ludicrous.

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Facts won't go down well with those that have their own view on that day. 

Or their agenda to push and moans to have or crap to spout about who other posters are or arent and cause they dont agree with said posters ?? #factsarenottruth ??

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Where did you get your evidence that ‘Sales are down for next season’?  Or are you just making it up as you go along again? 

We sold and trumpeted the fact that we had sold 10.5K within 3 weeks last season. Please provide evidence that we have matched that level this season.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I wish I had asked Gary Mackay this in his recent excellent interview, although it may have been a bit rude to be honest.

He certainly did say something different at a q&a he held in merchie Hearts several years ago. Others don’t seem to corroborate Gary’s view though.

Enzo Chiefo
47 minutes ago, McCrae said:

What evidence do you have that sales are down? 

You'll just have to trust me on that one. You think they are higher???

Enzo Chiefo
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve no idea on sales so far but we had similar last season in terms of a lack release of numbers sold. Personally, I would be surprised if we sell as many, unless we pull some inspiring signings out the bag. 

We announced 10.5k within the first 3 weeks last year Dave.

rab obanheartsno1
10 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I very much doubt you were bothered by what happened in 86, apart from finding it funny. 

Of course I was bothered, I was there with every other fan that was there, at least we turned up 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We sold and trumpeted the fact that we had sold 10.5K within 3 weeks last season. Please provide evidence that we have matched that level this season.

I haven’t said anything about how many we have sold. I have no idea how many have been sold. You are the self-appointed leader of the Sales are down brigade so you obviously have information. Please share it with us fellow Hearts supporters. 

15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He's had to contend with the squad he inherited more or less. Those who he has brought in have served us well, however there is still a clear out required over the summer. Levein should be judged by who comes in and the start we have next season. What will be unacceptable is a continuation of the abysmal negative tactics away from home. That has to stop. 

Logic twice in one thread. I feel an apocalypse coming on. My thought is the same on all points in the post

22 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

‘Levein lovers’ won’t always defend him. He’ll receive criticism when it’s due. See today for an example.

The ignorant (that’s you) will continue to slander a Hearts legend come what May however. A man who has done more for HMFC than any of us.

Posts like yours get my back up. That’s because they’d be more suited to a Hibs fans forum.

Uneducated, ignorant garbage.

Well said

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

They had a problem paying a few players mate nothing seriousSorted rapid as I expect Ann would do. It wasn’t meant to read that way. I’n. Very worried about the transfer market and who we are willing to deal with tho as it’s clearly not working 

What way was it meant to read?  Explain.

Poor you having to suffer the worry about the transfer market.   My heart bleeds for you.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We announced 10.5k within the first 3 weeks last year Dave.

That was at the end of the ‘renewal’ period so I suppose the figures at the end of this years period will be a fair comparison. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

The best post on this thread! Levein is in this for Levein, nothing else and the sooner people wake up and realise the better. 

Crowds are down, the football is atrocious, signings defy belief, money being wasted is ridiculous and season tickets wont be as high as last year.

Yet some people want to give this guy a summer?? 

Spot on mate, the fans are having the absolute piss taken out of them.

We have a fantastic support who are willing to plow cash into the club but its getting beyond a joke with the amount of money they are chucking away.

i wish jj was my dad
34 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Gary has alluded to this in my company then rewound when he got called out for it. Not his finest hour.

52 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

DbYthKSWkAEhtis.jpg

:rofl:

The tactic might make sense if we had some success parking the bus but we are dreadful at doing it!  Only goes to show how arrogant and pig headed Levein is that he's tried it for years and can't even fluke a result or two.

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, every player gave 100%+ and played really well today. Is that what you are saying?

looked to me that certain players eg Berra, Souter, Adao, Lafferty had pretty much their poorest games of the season. Godinho looked out of his depth today, surprisingly given recent performances. Not making excuses but really can’t  blame Levein if five or six of them don’t turn up. 

5 or 6 don't turn up every away game.

If it was a one off you look at the players....when it is the normal you look elsewhere.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was at the end of the ‘renewal’ period so I suppose the figures at the end of this years period will be a fair comparison. 

Yes, agreed.

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Actually agree with a lot of what you say today. The Academy would suggest different in totality of the dinosaur jibe.

You mentioned pressing Rangers. They actually did that very well against us today. 

It's not so simple to enforce your will but these 5 games we could have let the hand brake off. And yes to stick stubbornly without reason to the compact formation reflects badly upon the boss

The jury should be out out regarding the Academy.No young player in this Levein era has yet established himself as a regular in the first team.Still early days I know.We have some good prospects but we have always had good prospects.Arnott heads the Academy.

Playing young lads because our squad is threadbare or of poor quality does not mean that they will make it. 

55 minutes ago, McCrae said:

None of us have a clue until the first phase is over.  

Our seasons ticket sales sales are pretty near an all time high and it would be no surprise if they are down 10%ish.... if it turns out sales are much lower than this and your point is probably valid.... anything better and it’s not.

If they are 10% down alarm bells should be ringing very loudly!

If this isn't putting enormous pressure on his continued employment we are in real trouble.  We really need a statement from the chair telling us that this was completely unacceptable.  At least we will then know that the matter is under consideration.

All we've had from her in the last few months has been a begging letter.

Nowhere near good enough.

Walter Bishop
Just now, tolcross lad said:

The jury should be out out regarding the Academy.No young player in this Levein era has yet established himself as a regular in the first team.Still early days I know.We have some good prospects but we have always had good prospects.Arnott heads the Academy.

Playing young lads because our squad is threadbare or of poor quality does not mean that they will make it. 

Another very good post, Bang on the money.

This academy thing does my brain in. Not one of the academy players looks anywhere near being potentially a 1st team regular and as you say their inclusion is as much down to shocking signings as it is promoting them from youth team.

27 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You're completely missing the point. McGlynn and Locke were both useful idiots. Both of them only got the job because of the dire, very nearly terminal circumstances we were in. They were symptoms, not causes.

Now, we don't have any of those problems. Now, everything is good off the park. Yet rather than bring in a young, dynamic, imaginative manager, we turned instead to someone whose best days are a decade or more ago, and who already had a huge amount of responsibility for our dreadful squad.

Predictably, that completely over the hill manager has flopped. Predictably, his style of play is to football what King Herod was to child welfare. Yet what do you do? At the very time we should have no excuses, we should be forging ahead with confidence, you defend this shitebag! It's ludicrous.

Like Cathro?

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Like Cathro?

Like Clarke? 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Like Clarke? 

Clarke is young and dynamic???

:cornette:

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Clarke is young and dynamic???

:cornette:

:lol: Ha, well maybe not young. Middle-aged in managerial terms. But definitely dynamic.

Taking the attitude of "we got burned with the risk we took, so let's take the most conservative option possible instead" is just making the same mistake again. Only at the opposite extreme. 

Archived