Levein ( merged )

rick witter

2 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Like Cathro?

That's the problem. Almost everyone on here welcomed Cathros appointment. Very few had any doubts about the wisdom of this.  The club is paying for this decision now. It's going to take into next season to fix the damage that's been done. Most on here have little or no patience. I have no doubt things will change - they have to. Budge knows it, and Levein knows it. A poor start to next season will see him ditched.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Clarke is young and dynamic???

:cornette:

:lol:

He's 5 years older than me and I'm ****ed half the time!

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Clarke is young and dynamic???

:cornette:

I’m sure all the teams in the top 6, with the exception, of Celtic will be shuffling uncomfortably about what business he’s going to do in the close season. 

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

I’m sure all the teams in the top 6, with the exception, of Celtic will be shuffling uncomfortably about what business he’s going to do in the close season. 

I'm sure they will.

His team have just lost to a team we beat with ease.

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure they will.

They also beat a team with ease that we lost to today. 

tolcross lad
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Another very good post, Bang on the money.

This academy thing does my brain in. Not one of the academy players looks anywhere near being potentially a 1st team regular and as you say their inclusion is as much down to shocking signings as it is promoting them from youth team.

The nearest we have IMO is Godinho.He struggled today but so did the team and he was playing out of position and had Amankwaa ahead of him!We fans should be careful not to get carried away with the hype from  the club about the Academy.

rick witter
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm sure they will.

They have came from bottom of the league and sit 9 points ahead of us FFS. He can get the best out of his players our manager can’t 

5 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

The nearest we have IMO is Godinho.He struggled today but so did the team and he was playing out of position and had Amankwaa ahead of him!We fans should be careful not to get carried away with the hype from  the club about the Academy.

Exactly. We have three or four who are real prospects. No more than that just now. Getting carried away about their abilities just piles extra pressure on them. The Acadamy will provide us with players if it's allowed to function properly.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

They have came from bottom of the league and sit 9 points ahead of us FFS. He can get the best out of his players our manager can’t 

Early days my friend.  Did it never occur to you that they were seriously underachieving before.

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That's the problem. Almost everyone on here welcomed Cathros appointment. Very few had any doubts about the wisdom of this.  The club is paying for this decision now. It's going to take into next season to fix the damage that's been done. Most on here have little or no patience. I have no doubt things will change - they have to. Budge knows it, and Levein knows it. A poor start to next season will see him ditched.

Agreed. 

We can all be right with the benefit of hindsight. Plenty of folks wanted Tommy Wright, where is he this season. Lets see how Clarke does next season. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Great comeback. You certainly proved him wrong. 

:facepalm:

The guy is either a Hibs troll or extremely simple.  His abusive tone and clear lack of knowledge of Levein's career does not warrant any respect.

I am not surprised at you appearing here to defend Hibs trolls as you have started a good few uneducated threads on Levein yourself.

Enzo Chiefo
14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

What damage has been done? The guy was only there 6 months and finished 5th. None of his players are playing apart from his last 2 signings, 2 of our best players, in Berra and Lafferty. I heard all this cr*p before about damage being done under Cathro. It's absolute tripe. Has Steve Clarke sorted out the "damage" that Lee McCulloch did to bottom of the table Killie?? What damage did Cathro do. .did he sever the pipes in the undersoil heating??  Did he forget to order the seats for the new stand? Or did he not read the notes that CL gave to his lackey to run down tge stairs with at Pittodrie?

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What damage has been done? The guy was only there 6 months and finished 5th. None of his players are playing apart from his last 2 signings, 2 of our best players, in Berra and Lafferty. I heard all this cr*p before about damage being done under Cathro. It's absolute tripe. Has Steve Clarke sorted out the "damage" that Lee McCulloch did to bottom of the table Killie?? What damage did Cathro do. .did he sever the pipes in the undersoil heating??  Did he forget to order the seats for the new stand? Or did he not read the notes that CL gave to his lackey to run down tge stairs with at Pittodrie?

Was that what cost us the game today or are you just rambling?

tolcross lad
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I can only say that I  knew next to nothing about him other than some talked about him as a kind of coaching  guru .We were left trusting Leveins judgement regarding Cathro.Fans naturally took his side when he was first appointed. That Chris Boyd got it right says all.Its not about patience its about a belief that Levein is not the man to take our club forward.He is making bad decisions and I dont see this changing. 

Walter Bishop
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The guy is either a Hibs troll or extremely simple.  His abusive tone and clear lack of knowledge of Levein's career does not warrant any respect.

I am not surprised at you appearing here to defend Hibs trolls as you have started a good few uneducated threads on Levein yourself.

Uneducated? :rofl:

Hibs trolls because an opinion is different from yours? Get a life sad act. 

merseyjambo
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Early days my friend.  Did it never occur to you that they were seriously underachieving before.

Seriously underachieving

2 years ago they were in a relegation play off and last season they were barely in the top 6

Thats 2 years of underachieving. Maybe that shows how good a manager Clarke is

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Seriously underachieving

2 years ago they were in a relegation play off and last season they were barely in the top 6

Thats 2 years of underachieving. Maybe that shows how good a manager Clarke is

Or even showed how bad Clark and Elbows were!

rick witter
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Player for player do you think we are better or worse than them?? 

I would say better but we are not showing it. When does it not become early days? If we are sitting 6th at Xmas next season would that be acceptable to you because that’s exactly where we are heading. 

Mars plastic
14 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Agreed. 

We can all be right with the benefit of hindsight. Plenty of folks wanted Tommy Wright, where is he this season. Lets see how Clarke does next season. 

St. Johnstone weren’t far behind us this year and have been handing us our back end for umpteen seasons before this one. Given his resources compared to ours he’s done a good job up there.

Unlike Clarke, Wright doesn’t have years of experience and contacts from one of the best leagues in the world. I fully expect Clarke to have Killie flying again next year.

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

St. Johnstone weren’t far behind us this year and have been handing us our back end for umpteen seasons before this one. Given his resources compared to ours he’s done a good job up there.

Unlike Clarke, Wright doesn’t have years of experience and contacts from one of the best leagues in the world. I fully expect Clarke to have Killie flying again next year.

Or sacked by Sevco. 

tolcross lad
9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. We have three or four who are real prospects. No more than that just now. Getting carried away about their abilities just piles extra pressure on them. The Acadamy will provide us with players if it's allowed to function properly.

As I have said the jury should be out.We have always produced some good players Academy or not.Gordon and Berra were pre Academy and we have not produced anyone of that stature since.Paterson arrived as a 16 year old from Tyncastle BC.We fans should be cautious about the Academy hype. Levein should be judged on  his performance as manager.

I chucked it earlier. Calmed down now, that was a ****ing embarrassing performance and Levein should be ashamed of himself. We learned absolutely nothing from any of our players.

Also, Cowie and Hughes cannot be a first team regular next season.

18 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I can only say that I  knew next to nothing about him other than some talked about him as a kind of coaching  guru .We were left trusting Leveins judgement regarding Cathro.Fans naturally took his side when he was first appointed. That Chris Boyd got it right says all.Its not about patience its about a belief that Levein is not the man to take our club forward.He is making bad decisions and I dont see this changing. 

Everybody without exception on here scoffed at Boyds summation of Cathro. I don't think it was only Leveins judgement on Cathro that was faulty. Plenty of other pundits were talking him up. It was a mistake, and a costly one for the club. Levein has to put that right. He has the close season to do that.  A bad start to next season and he has to go.

John Gentleman
43 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this isn't putting enormous pressure on his continued employment we are in real trouble.  We really need a statement from the chair telling us that this was completely unacceptable.  At least we will then know that the matter is under consideration.

All we've had from her in the last few months has been a begging letter.

Nowhere near good enough.

I'm with you there Doug. You'd think, with season tickets on sale, he'd have at least aimed to play entertaining football today. But nah, same old, same old away from home performance.

I think Ms Budge has to ease off her near-obsession with the infrastructure side of things and start focusing, laser-like, on the playing side because from where I'm sitting, it looks like we've got a make-it-up-as-we-go-along approach.

A new hybrid pitch, as much as it's required, won't put bums on seats. Better football will.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Everybody without exception on here scoffed at Boyds summation of Cathro. I don't think it was only Leveins judgement on Cathro that was faulty. Plenty of other pundits were talking him up. It was a mistake, and a costly one for the club. Levein has to put that right. He has the close season to do that.  A bad start to next season and he has to go.

You right , loads of people within the game were talking very highly of cathro at the time , obviously the step from coaching staff to head coach proved to much and was a mistake but it's now up to Levein to sort that in the summer transfer window 

merseyjambo

Not one Hearts fan I know wants the club to fail. Not one Hearts fan I know would ever encourage people not to renew season tickets. 

I wouldn’t blame fans for not renewing. The football has for the most part this season been dreadful with maybe half a dozen games. The fans who care about the club are the ones that see issues with CL, the majority of supporters of other clubs want him to stay. 

However stats dont lie. We have only taken 1 point when we have fallen behind in a game this season. We cannot find our way back into a game. We’re not getting the best out of which player for player should be the 4th best squad in the division (based on average salary). Instead we are adrift in 6rpth and for a number of weeks haven’t looked like finishing any higher.

The same arguments being used about CL this year are the same ones the Cathro apologists were using this time last season. Give him the transfer window, he needs to bring in his own players, they’ll be better with a full pre season under him. We can’t judge him on this season. 

While unfortunately we have to accept he will be here at the start of the season, how long would fans who support him be willing to watch the same turgid garbage we have been subjected to this season

buzzbomb1958

Magician turns us into a bunch of gutless twats when the word Glasgow comes into it guys a prick and it will be more of the same next season but hey ****in.ho

26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Player for player do you think we are better or worse than them?? 

I would say better but we are not showing it. When does it not become early days? If we are sitting 6th at Xmas next season would that be acceptable to you because that’s exactly where we are heading. 

I have not seen enough of Killie to make a proper judgment. 

I do know Clarke has failed twice already in management and in view of that I would wait a bit longer before you go shouting from the rooftops.

Not that long ago Mcinnes and Wright were flavour of the day on here.

28 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Uneducated? :rofl:

Hibs trolls because an opinion is different from yours? Get a life sad act. 

giphy.gif

Misquoting me to point score - what a creepy character you are.

Waltet Bishop? Walter Mitty more like.

Suggest you stay off the hard stuff.

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Magician turns us into a bunch of gutless twats when the word Glasgow comes into it guys a prick and it will be more of the same next season but hey ****in.ho

Aye we had a tremendous record in Glasgow before he came.  That is not defending him, just saying.

Toxteth O'Grady

Levein has won absolutely nothing in his long career as a professional  player and manager. He is showing no signs that will ever change. 

Doesn't look like the problem is just Levein.

MacPhee inexplicably survived the Cathro sacking when he should have gone too.  He was a sticking point in the farcical manager search.  And the vaunted tactical and dead ball expertise is nowhere to be seen.  Daly parked the bus as a stop gap manager and has done nothing as a coach.  And Fox has an even worse record!  Sacked before he could take Cowdenbeath out of the leagues!  They should all go.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

You're completely missing the point. McGlynn and Locke were both useful idiots. Both of them only got the job because of the dire, very nearly terminal circumstances we were in. They were symptoms, not causes.

Now, we don't have any of those problems. Now, everything is good off the park. Yet rather than bring in a young, dynamic, imaginative manager, we turned instead to someone whose best days are a decade or more ago, and who already had a huge amount of responsibility for our dreadful squad.

Predictably, that completely over the hill manager has flopped. Predictably, his style of play is to football what King Herod was to child welfare. Yet what do you do? At the very time we should have no excuses, we should be forging ahead with confidence, you defend this shitebag! It's ludicrous.

If we don’t see further improvement next season you have a point. 

I want success and until it is demonstrated otherwise I believe CL will deliver it.

After all he did to save our club it amazes me how some people are not even prepared to give him the time and benefit of one summer transfer window to build his own team.

13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Too many of Levein's choices have been mistakes but never acknowledges them. He is stubborn like a mule and for a manager of players that isn't good for anyone.

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Levein has won absolutely nothing in his long career as a professional  player and manager. He is showing no signs that will ever change. 

A refreshing and original post.

10/10. Would read again.

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Could be said of the vast majority of managers anywhere in any league in the world. Don't be a sheep. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You'll just have to trust me on that one. You think they are higher???

I expect them to be down slightly.

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

A refreshing and original post.

10/10. Would read again.

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Could be said of the vast majority of managers anywhere in any league in the world. Don't be a sheep. 

Look up Einstien's definition of madness

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Too many of Levein's choices have been mistakes but never acknowledges them. He is stubborn like a mule and for a manager of players that isn't good for anyone.

That's right Mitch.  He's not the easy going type like Mourinho or Sir Alex both of whom people could wrap round their lttle fingers.

Walter Bishop
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Misquoting me to point score - what a creepy character you are.

Waltet Bishop? Walter Mitty more like.

Suggest you stay off the hard stuff.

Great post.??

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Look up Einstien's definition of madness

I'm not the one peddling "he hasn't won anything therefore ergo he cant win anything".

If everyone took your attitude then the world really would be "mad".

It said today that Hearts are the only team not to win after conceding first in the league. It's a great mentality.

merseyjambo
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I have not seen enough of Killie to make a proper judgment. 

I do know Clarke has failed twice already in management and in view of that I would wait a bit longer before you go shouting from the rooftops.

Not that long ago Mcinnes and Wright were flavour of the day on here.

So by the same standards CL has also failed twice as a manager

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's right Mitch.  He's not the easy going type like Mourinho or Sir Alex both of whom people could wrap round their lttle fingers.

Your talking about men who are in a different league dealing with superstars. Levein is a pussy compared to them. They also surrounded themselves with coach's who knew what they were doing.

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I'm not the one peddling "he hasn't won anything therefore ergo he cant win anything".

Ok  I dont understand what you were getting at

Mars plastic
7 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Therefore therefore you say?

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Ok  I dont understand what you were getting at

Hardly surprising.

Learn to think for yourself. Find your own voice.

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Therefore therefore you say?

OK I will give you a reply. Goes against my grain but it's Sunday and I am hungover :)

If that's the best you can do then well done SIR!! I applaud you for using all 2 of your brain cells on picking up on my typo.

Sleep well knowing you have me well and truly done on this occasion.

Go bully the flowers in the garden.

30 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If we don’t see further improvement next season you have a point. 

I want success and until it is demonstrated otherwise I believe CL will deliver it.

After all he did to save our club it amazes me how some people are not even prepared to give him the time and benefit of one summer transfer window to build his own team.

What did Levein do to save the club? 

Archived