Levein ( merged )

rick witter

BobbyJenkins
2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

“Okay we’ve lost 2-1 – I’ve been here loads of times and lost by more than that

The shape of the team was good. We frustrated Rangers and that was the plan.

:facepalm:                                                                                                                 

He clearly doesnt feel he has the team to go for it against Rangers away and so called better teams. Berra says it all in the paper today. Very much a team without a solid plan and way of playing YET.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

If he thinks the shape of the team was good, its no wonder our performances are dire!!

Taking solace in the fact we only lost 2-1 s a Losers attitude!! (The true reflection was we could easily have lost by more)

There was nothing wrong with the shape.  The problem was attitude and a lack of quality.   

Mars plastic
14 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

He clearly doesnt feel he has the team to go for it against Rangers away and so called better teams. Berra says it all in the paper today. Very much a team without a solid plan and way of playing YET.

Kilmarnock seem to have had a plan since last October when Clarke took over.

BobbyJenkins
9 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Kilmarnock seem to have had a plan since last October when Clarke took over.

They do eh.  Its worked out well for them. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

He said “I thought we could have won the game today.

“I didn’t feel Rangers were at their best, we assisted them on many occasions by just coughing up possession of the ball too easily.

“Yeah, they had a lot of chances near the end but they always do here at Ibrox

“Too often we got into the last third of the park and the last pass or the cross wasn’t good enough.

“Okay we’ve lost 2-1 – I’ve been here loads of times and lost by more than that – but I did feel we could have done much better.

“The shape of the team was good. We frustrated Rangers and that was the plan.

“But then we wanted to counter with speed and accuracy but we had neither of those of those things on the counter attack.

“All we did was frustrate Rangers but not much more than that

Absolutely shitebag, defeatist, mentality that has exhausted my patience.

Budge needs to have a very serious think about whether this is the type of club we want to be, because it seems to me that no matter who we sign, the mentality of Levein will always be holding us back.

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I have said it before but will say it again " this place is funkin mental"

If CL had sent the team out to get up the field and attack them and we had taken a hammering this place would have been in melt down for the approach being to gung ho ! What is being failed to acknowledge is that the team is filled will youngsters who have shown promise and the rest, with a few exceptions, are just a lot of total shite.. in short until the playing staff and recruitment issues at Hearts is sorted out this is going to be as good as it gets... and that is still a light year ahead of what Cathro was turning out. CL is not stupid he knows about football and what is needed to be successful on the field he just does not have the team to deliver... I wonder if he ever will? I will finish on this note if we had not had CL this season relegation would have been a real possibility he knew that the way to avoid that was strength at home and take what ever we could get away from home.

I'm beginning to question this, and whether he is going the same way as Jim Jefferies - an excellent manager who has been left behind.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Budge needs to have a very serious think about whether this is the type of club we want to be, because it seems to me that no matter who we sign, the mentality of Levein will always be holding us back.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Many Hearts fans are reaching the same conclusion.

4 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I was in the Levein camp but now  starting to seriously doubt the guy, I've stopped going away from home as it's just eye bleedingly bad, and away games were always the best days out, it's not just at Ibrox, it's everywhere, he sets us up to try to not lose and play for a 0-0, rather than go and have a go and get the 3 points, it's rancid stuff and he really doesn't help himself. 

The proof in the pudding will come when the number of ST sales dip, maybe then someone at the club will be forced to take off their blinkers. It's a shame though, as I really want to defend him and want him to do well, but there's no defending the away performances this season, it's been shambolic. 

I don't think this will happen. ST holders are seeing a semi decent season at Tynecastle and there is an acceptance now , and it's been repeated so often, that we just don't have what it takes to win away from home because the  quality of the team is lacking (this is the same team that is doing reasonably well at home mind you) .  My take on what I see/read here is that ST holders are quite accepting of the situation and so long as that remains Levein will shrug off any criticism . He's immune from criticism in the media since sorting out Michael Stewart ( see the comments from Commons & Boyd yesterday - they were incredibly  lacking in any criticism yesterday - even these guys know what Hearts will do away from home , they said so.) So Levein just has to bat away  comments from a few disaffected fans and he's fine.  Doing OK at home and no media criticism of the piss poor stuff he serves up away from home. Job's a good 'un. 

BobbyJenkins

My position remains the same as it did 2 weeks, 6, weeks, 10 weeks ago... He'll get the summer to get HIS players in and a pre-season to sort out the way we play. Nothing has changed since before the Rangers game. Same old suspects regurgitating the same old shit. Back him or shut the **** up about him getting punted, its tedious beyond belief. He's not going anywhere unless he ****s up his chance in charge, which he has not fully had yet.

And before anyone goes on about him always having been in charge... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

A plan which has failed time and time again in Glasgow. The only people he frustrated are the Hearts supporters watching the game!

Bang on.

Fed up with this boring, negative football that Levein is forcing on us. 

4 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

I think you are probably right but he joined Hearts from Rangers aged 18.

One of Levein/Arnotts first real additions to the academy, same time as Currie. Credit where credits due. Spotted him, acquired him, developed him, now playing him. Just turned 20, in the first team as a teenager. Is that not the role of an academy? 

Anything to avoid giving Levein any credit at all with some of you guys it seems. 

8 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

My position remains the same as it did 2 weeks, 6, weeks, 10 weeks ago... He'll get the summer to get HIS players in and a pre-season to sort out the way we play. Nothing has changed since before the Rangers game. Same old suspects regurgitating the same old shit. Back him or shut the **** up about him getting punted, its tedious beyond belief. He's not going anywhere unless he ****s up his chance in charge, which he has not fully had yet.

And before anyone goes on about him always having been in charge... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ann Budge is on record over the last 4 years saying that the Director of Football is in charge of all footballing matters....yet we are saying Levein is only now just in charge?

righty-ho mate.

Incredible mental contortions being undertaken by some fans just to retain a level of denial about our current mess.   

8 hours ago, red said:

Personally I just don’t think Craig Levein is a very good manager! Have ANY if his Teams ever played good attacking football? He’s a clever guy and he knows how to get a result in certain circumstances but by in large his management ability is very poor, his teams have lacked creativity and urgency for as far back as I can remember and quite simply he is ruining what is actually a very good team on paper! 

Yes they have. Just take the time to do a little research/ thinking. 

BobbyJenkins
10 minutes ago, Feg9 said:

Ann Budge is on record over the last 4 years saying that the Director of Football is in charge of all footballing matters....yet we are saying Levein is only now just in charge?

righty-ho mate.

Incredible mental contortions being undertaken by some fans just to retain a level of denial about our current mess.   

As manager but you knew that or are you just daft? 

It is a slight mess but wont be fixed in a couple of weeks. Its not difficult to grasp. Try harder.

BobbyJenkins
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes they have. Just take the time to do a little research/ thinking. 

Correct.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

McLaughlan, Berra, Souttar, Lafferty, Naismith "total shite"?????  Try again.

To be fair my post was edited before you posted that reply.... BUT... of the players you have listed Berra and Souttar I'll give you the others a very very big MEH ! I repeat this place is F'n mental we have played out this season with a bunch of young boys who have shown a spark, some who I honestly wonder why they are there and some old men who have been round the block.... and there are some on here who wonder why we have not had a stellar season ?? Its time for some of the hysterical we lassies on here to man up and wait until we have a balanced team put together. I am tired of hearing CL is at fault for all our woes... some people just cannot see that his formula is to avoid a very shakey weak side getting a proper doing week in week out and tried to get some confidence into a poor team. It breaks both ways all out attacking team gets hammered three times out of every four ... are the dramatists on here going to be happier with that??? I am not happy the way things have gone  BUT I HAVE SEEN FAR, FAR WORSE days at Tynecastle.

29 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't think this will happen. ST holders are seeing a semi decent season at Tynecastle and there is an acceptance now , and it's been repeated so often, that we just don't have what it takes to win away from home because the  quality of the team is lacking (this is the same team that is doing reasonably well at home mind you) .  My take on what I see/read here is that ST holders are quite accepting of the situation and so long as that remains Levein will shrug off any criticism . He's immune from criticism in the media since sorting out Michael Stewart ( see the comments from Commons & Boyd yesterday - they were incredibly  lacking in any criticism yesterday - even these guys know what Hearts will do away from home , they said so.) So Levein just has to bat away  comments from a few disaffected fans and he's fine.  Doing OK at home and no media criticism of the piss poor stuff he serves up away from home. Job's a good 'un. 

So we don't have the quality to beat the likes of Ross County, Dundee, Partick, St Johnstone, etc, away from home????   Absolute BS - yep repeated so often on here but BS nonetheless!

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be fair my post was edited before you posted that reply.... BUT... of the players you have listed Berra and Souttar I'll give you the others a very very big MEH ! I repeat this place is F'n mental we have played out this season with a bunch of young boys who have shown a spark, some who I honestly wonder why they are there and some old men who have been round the block.... and there are some on here who wonder why we have not had a stellar season ?? Its time for some of the hysterical we lassies on here to man up and wait until we have a balanced team put together. I am tired of hearing CL is at fault for all our woes... some people just cannot see that his formula is to avoid a very shakey weak side getting a proper doing week in week out and tried to get some confidence into a poor team. It breaks both ways all out attacking team gets hammered three times out of every four ... are the dramatists on here going to be happier with that??? I am not happy the way things have gone  BUT I HAVE SEEN FAR, FAR WORSE days at Tynecastle.

Yes I have also seen far, far worse - that makes it OK then does it??

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So we don't have the quality to beat the likes of Ross County, Dundee, Partick, St Johnstone, etc, away from home????   Absolute BS - yep repeated so often on here but BS nonetheless!

We don't have a fit XI to play the way we would like, and our best XI is still short of quality in midfield and width.  That is the difference.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We don't have a fit XI to play the way we would like, and our best XI is still short of quality in midfield and width.  That is the difference.

What style of football do you think Levein wants to play away from home. 

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How was his record when he had a fit XI to chose from ? What was his football like  when he had a fit XI to chose from ?

Just now, Thomaso said:

Yes I have also seen far, far worse - that makes it OK then does it??

Can I ask a personal question? You don't have to answer but... what age are you ?? ... For gods sake don't come back and tell me you are a mature adult.

The reaction to our season has been well out of proportion to the result. The club has been at deaths door and come back well and we have a bunch of tears and snotters bairns greetin for better !

I am going to say something here and every word of it is absolutely true and I will take issue with anybody who disagrees.

The reaction of some on this forum is directly related to two people who for their own reason's spent very large amounts of money on our team, in one case way more than he personally could afford and needed to bale while not losing too much of his money. The other person baled the other one out and spent huge amounts of other peoples money on the club and of course we all know now that was to be a disaster when the crash came. I personally loved every minute of those years and rode that  FUNKIN big wave and revelled in every second of it  until it ebbed away... BUT I AM NOT GREETIN LIKE A WEE LASSIE BECAUSE WE HAVE HIT A BAD RUN ! Things will return to the good when the team is rebuilt and we are competitive again and see when that next big wave comes along I'll ride that one again until it ebbs away and then wait for the next and ride that one ad nauseam! I am old now I hope the next wave is not too far down the line :laugh:

2 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-skipper-christophe-berra-feels-12410175

Presumably due to all that went on with Cathro and poor pre-season. Leveins fault and whether he should have gone cos of it aside. As such he will get the requisite time to create and prepare a team for a full season.

It wasn't for work rate or application ?  They just sat behind the ball  and invited Rangers on  but then how do you get up the park when you have no pace to hit them on the break ? The team "doesn't have an identity" ? It's  a work in progress ?,  stirring stuff to rally the troops ahead of the Sheep.  

16 minutes ago, Beats said:

What style of football do you think Levein wants to play away from home. 

One he has the players to implement.  Where is the width or midfield to boss a game and counter the opposition at pace?

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Can I ask a personal question? You don't have to answer but... what age are you ?? ... For gods sake don't come back and tell me you are a mature adult.

The reaction to our season has been well out of proportion to the result. The club has been at deaths door and come back well and we have a bunch of tears and snotters bairns greetin for better !

I am going to say something here and every word of it is absolutely true and I will take issue with anybody who disagrees.

The reaction of some on this forum is directly related to two people who for their own reason's spent very large amounts of money on our team, in one case way more than he personally could afford and needed to bale while not losing too much of his money. The other person baled the other one out and spent huge amounts of other peoples money on the club and of course we all know now that was to be a disaster when the crash came. I personally loved every minute of those years and rode that  FUNKIN big wave and revelled in every second of it  until it ebbed away... BUT I AM NOT GREETIN LIKE A WEE LASSIE BECAUSE WE HAVE HIT A BAD RUN ! Things will return to the good when the team is rebuilt and we are competitive again and see when that next big wave comes along I'll ride that one again until it ebbs away and then wait for the next and ride that one ad nauseam! I am old now I hope the next wave is not too far down the line :laugh:

You're talking bollocks so take issue all you like. If you think this is a "bad run" you need your head examined. But crack on. 

"Things will return to the good when the team is rebuilt and we are competitive"  - no shit. 

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How was his record when he had a fit XI to chose from ? What was his football like  when he had a fit XI to chose from ?

In December and early January our record was pretty good once we started to get some home games.  Once Djoum and Mitchell got injured that killed us.

You can't keep throwing 16 and 17 year olds in and expecting them to perform week in week out - the more you use together the more the risk.

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This is the crucial difference between us and the sides above us. Aberdeen have the likes of Shinnie, McLean and Christie. Hibs have McGinn and McGeough, Rangers have Dorrans, Windass and Candelas. They are all players who are able to dominate a game and/or create opportunities for their forwards. We don’t have a settled midfield at all and in particular no one who can take charge of a match. The likes of Cowie, Callaghan and Amankwaa in particular are bottom six players at best. I don’t even think that getting Djoum back will make much of a difference. 

He’s not got the character we need. 

It’s essential for us to get midfield players with skill and attitude otherwise next season will simply be a repeat of this.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein is wasting the ability of Naismith and Lafferty. Naismith in particular would be banging in goals left right and centre at most other SPL clubs. He has good players but is not utilising them correctly. Let's hope his negativity doesn't stunt the development of the youngsters like Cochrane and McDonald.  Budge has to take Levein out the firing line sooner rather than later. 

17 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Bully for you!!!  :thumb:

To answer your original question - my first game was my old dad taking me to a 7-1 defeat by Dundee in '65

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You're talking bollocks so take issue all you like. If you think this is a "bad run" you need your head examined. But crack on. 

"Things will return to the good when the team is rebuilt and we are competitive"  - no shit. 

I am not talking bollocks you are one aren't you ? A newbie who came along on the back of a good time for the Hearts . I can remember well the very bad times at Hearts turning up to find out if the team was still going to be on the field on weekend and I am not talking about four years back! You are right this is not a bad run it is just a season where things have not been good because of the team available... but for god sake we were never anything other than average. I repeat this place is mental the place is full of people who don't know what a really bad Hearts team is they are riding on the back of having won things lording it over Hibs and have a sense of entitlement that would embarrass the gruesome twosome's fans.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Bully for you!!!  :thumb:

To answer your original question - my first game was my old dad taking me to a 7-1 defeat by Dundee in '65

Really?... then you should know ****en better cause you are carrying on like a ****en bairn

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein is wasting the ability of Naismith and Lafferty. Naismith in particular would be banging in goals left right and centre at most other SPL clubs. He has good players but is not utilising them correctly. Let's hope his negativity doesn't stunt the development of the youngsters like Cochrane and McDonald.  Budge has to take Levein out the firing line sooner rather than later. 

Switched on the radio at the start of the game - within the first 10 minutes I twice heard - "that's excellent defending by Naismith" - kinda summed up our set up in these few words!

Just now, jock _turd said:

Really?... then you should know ****en better cause you are carrying on like a ****en bairn

Better than carrying on like a ****en rambling idiot though eh!  :thumbsup:

Section G The Place To Be
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

One he has the players to implement.  Where is the width or midfield to boss a game and counter the opposition at pace?

So we have one set of players for home games and another team for away games ? 

Why don’t we just do what every other team in the world do and have a manager capable of playing away from home without shitting himself  And transferring that negativity into the players. ? 

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not really answered my question mate.

Would you say our squad is better than St Johnstone, Kilmarnock,Motherwell, Dundee etc? These sides have all caused Rangers problems at Ibrox yet we sit and defend and make it so easy for them. Forget Ibrox this happens every away game. The cup game was a joke!  Our squad is in my opinion better than the club's listed above. The reason we don't get results away from home is not down to personnel it's down to Levein being negative and having no interest in winning the games.

I know we have had our differences in the past but you are a decent poster. I think you have got this badly wrong with Levein though. 

2 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

A plan which has failed time and time again in Glasgow. The only people he frustrated are the Hearts supporters watching the game!

Bingo. His lack of awareness is staggering. 

40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So our best XI is not good enough to beat Dundee, Partick, Ross County away.......jeez we really are in the shit!

Levein was sacked by Scotland in 2012. I'd have to say he's lost it and he depends solely on defence now.  Maybe he needs someone like Houston to be his assistant rather that McPhee. But his brand of football is dire and disjointed to watch. Hearts deserve better.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

His players ARE playing. Adao.  His player. Amankwaa..His player. McLaughlin, Berra , Souttar, Godinho, Lafferty, Naismith...His players. Milinkovic...His player. People repeat this myth about getting his own players in and believe it. Are people seriously deluded enough to think that in the space of a few weeks, he will find an entire midfield and gel them into a team AND change his monotone mindset and footballing philosophy???  I've never known a set of supporters have so much faith in a manager despite repeatedly being let down and with no track record of tangible success. It is seriously baffling.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Levein was sacked by Scotland in 2012. I'd have to say he's lost it and he depends solely on defence now.  Maybe he needs someone like Houston to be his assistant rather that McPhee. But his brand of football is dire and disjointed to watch. Hearts deserve better.

Now careful!!  You'll get that good old "sense of entitlement" thrown at you!!!

Levein will get this summer to recruit who he wants and play how he wants.. then he’ll be judged and I think he’ll do alright ?..

these top 6 games he has nothing to lose so go on the attack from the start and see what happens.. 

Rangers were there for the taking and are pish.. if We had started well they would have crumbled..

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His players ARE playing. Adao.  His player. Amankwaa..His player. McLaughlin, Berra , Souttar, Godinho, Lafferty, Naismith...His players. Milinkovic...His player. People repeat this myth about getting his own players in and believe it. Are people seriously deluded enough to think that in the space of a few weeks, he will find an entire midfield and gel them into a team AND change his monotone mindset and footballing philosophy???  I've never known a set of supporters have so much faith in a manager despite repeatedly being let down and with no track record of tangible success. It is seriously baffling.

OFT!!!!  To the point or what!!  Hard hat on mate. :builder:

Just now, Thomaso said:

Better than carrying on like a ****en rambling idiot though eh!  :thumbsup:

One of the two of us could be considered an idiot and it is not me bud!

I talked with my brother on the phone a few weeks back about the team as I live abroad. His assessment and I quote " we are doing as well as we can with what we have, a bunch of wee ladies and  some older pro's" Phil has followed the Hearts for years I'll take his opinion over anybody else's he has seen as I have and far more to be honest we've both been standing in tears on the terracing after those games but we are no greetin like wee lassies because we have a manager that is trying to avoid the team taking a shoeing  week in week out by playing to what strengths exist.

Section G The Place To Be
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He has also had since last year to get the team fit. Yet that’s another of the usual excuse lines slavered by people. Is that Cathro didn’t have the team fit enough. 

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

I talked with my brother on the phone a few weeks back about the team as I live abroad. His assessment and I quote " we are doing as well as we can with what we have, a bunch of wee ladies and  some older pro's" Phil has followed the Hearts for years I'll take his opinion over anybody else's he has seen as I have and far more to be honest we've both been standing in tears on the terracing after those games but we are no greetin like wee lassies because we have a manager that is trying to avoid the team taking a shoeing  week in week out by playing to what strengths exist.

Doing as well as we can? Think he was taking the piss mate. 

Just now, Beats said:

Doing as well as we can? Think he was taking the piss mate. 

Really? See when you are one here on a Saturday bleatin he is at the games watching!

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Oh you talked to brother Phil on the phone did you..............that figures right enough!  :lol: 

Archived