Levein ( merged )

rick witter

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I never said it was.  We have too many key players injured and a few players that aren't good enough.  There isn't anything that can be done about that until the summer, and I've said that for the past 3 or 4 months on here.

Amankwaa was supposed to be Walkers replacement in January.  Pacy they said , pacy.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Out Attack

I never said it was.  We have too many key players injured and a few players that aren't good enough.  There isn't anything that can be done about that until the summer, and I've said that for the past 3 or 4 months on here.

You seem to be on a one man mission to keep Levein in a job, against the tide here. 

I admire you persistence, no matter how misguided it may be. Pity it won't be translated into season ticket sales. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.....

Alma Matters
42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My disappointment today is that we didn't try something different in a meaningless game. 

But these are 5 meaningless games win or lose everyone should realise that. 

Since when was playing Hibs meaningless?

He cant change his style, its in his psyche.

We are going to finish 6th so all our matches are dead rubbers. He could have played 442 with sombody closely supporting Lafferty. But he chose his favourite 5-4-1.

Why didnt he play the young guns today. Lewsi Moore eventully came on followed by McDonald. Why not play them from the start with Cochrane. Instead he played Randall who is leaving, Amankwaa who is a pile of manure and Naismith who hs been underwhelming.

1 minute ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Man is a total embarrassment to the loyal fans who support the club, and the only way to get rid is not to renew season tickets, then something will be done 

Totally agree.  Journeyman manager with a cv of mostly failure and dud signings. Should have been shown the door with Cathro.

Just now, JackLadd said:

Totally agree.  Journeyman manager with a cv of mostly failure and dud signings. Should have been shown the door with Cathro.

You clearly know **** all about Hearts with a comment as mind numbingly stupid as that.

2 minutes ago, Deek said:

We are going to finish 6th so all our matches are dead rubbers. He could have played 442 with sombody closely supporting Lafferty. But he chose his favourite 5-4-1.

Why didnt he play the young guns today. Lewsi Moore eventully came on followed by McDonald. Why not play them from the start with Cochrane. Instead he played Randall who is leaving, Amankwaa who is a pile of manure and Naismith who hs been underwhelming.

Maybe he would have been slated for playing too many young players like at Dundee?

No matter what he does it is always his fault when we lose according to some.

45 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

From London Hearts: Transfer fees spent under JJ = 2.725m. Transfer fees recouped by JJ = 3.865m. It'd have been 4.865m had Robinson not idiotically turned down Rangers' bid for Ritchie too. And after JJ left, Cameron (signed for 400K) went on to fetch 1.75m plus a sell-on clause; Niemi (signed for 400K) went on to fetch 2m. 

As for wages: JJ was at Hearts during a time football changed more quickly than maybe any other point before or since. Bosman was the reason. No-one in football got a grip of what was going on for several years; inflationary pressures on wages were impossible for everyone in Scotland, with the SKY deal meaning players naturally demanded more.

Always lost in the complaints over who we ultimately signed with the SMG funds are the players we'd been interested in. Good players. Quality players. Spencer Prior, Moussa Saib, Robert Taylor, Stan Collymore, Lee McCulloch, Craig Burley. That we didn't sign any of them was because of their impossible wage demands (and those of their agents too). Wage demands made precisely because our board had trumpeted across the UK media how flush with cash we were.

So JJ spent 3 months chasing these players, we hit a slump on the pitch, and then remedial work was suddenly urgent. We carried on chasing McCulloch until about March. In May, Robinson suddenly declared we were skint. Sorry - but that's a joke. What kind of football club is run in such a shambolic, irresponsible way?

Wages have to be taken into account. We signed a load of donkeys and paid them going rate at the time. The wage bill was a huge factor in our problems pre and post SMG. Long time  ago and not worth debating again. We all have our opinions as to who did what and none of us on here have the facts. 

Hearts twice, pieman and Vlad. Lots of others, Rangers, Celtic, Sunderland, Wigan, to name but 4. 

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Foh is the fans 

Some of them, but not all of them. If you think the club will be run to the screaming and shouting agenda on here after any set back., then I think you are in for a surprise.

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Man is a total embarrassment to the loyal fans who support the club, and the only way to get rid is not to renew season tickets, then something will be done 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I suspect a number on here who say they are not renewing don,t have one to renew anyway.

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You seem to be on a one man mission to keep Levein in a job, against the tide here. 

I admire you persistence, no matter how misguided it may be. Pity it won't be translated into season ticket sales. 

Nope.  You just don't get it, do you?

Levein will be Hearts manager at the start of the season.  You can't do anything about that now and results in these end of season games aren't going  to change it.

rab obanheartsno1

Well I have 1 mate had 1 for years and travel 5 hours for every home game and 2 for away games?

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Foh is the fans 

So team selection or getting rid of/hiring a new manager will be a poll on JKB? :rofl:

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Fortunately FoH will appoint a board of hopefully astute business people that will not react to the morons on Kickback with their knee-jerk reactions after every defeat.

We all hope so. However my experience is that owner-managed businesses take the tougher decisions better than Board-managed businesses and they tend to be in it for long-term progress rather than short-term highs. 

8 minutes ago, Deek said:

Agree. He played the wing back shape so why not Moore on the left and Godhino on his natural right? He played Randall who is leaving ffs!

Moore has a bit thrust about him as we saw when he came on. 

That selection choice just proves how cautious Levein is.  Where was the attacking threat coming from with the original team selection?   As you say, it's in his psyche to play safe first. But maybe one day he'll realise you need to score goals to win.

Whats the difference playing home or away , you are playing on a piece of grass v 11 other players at venues you are used to . If AC Milan are playing Inter Milan does Inter play defensive as they are the away team, it is just another fancy arsed way of making a simple game complicated GET BACK TO THE BASICS AND PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.

Levein will be Hearts manager at the start of the season.  You can't do anything about that now and results in these end of season games aren't going  to change it.

"You can't do anything about that"......Get a grip. He's got an opinion and he's entitled to say it. 

rab obanheartsno1

We're a laughing stock and that's down to a negative manager and director of football who hasn't the balls and never  will have to put a decent team on the park or have a go at teams

36 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

:lol: 

Is McLean actually looked after by Colqhoun?? We were joking the other day that Colqhoun was probably his agent. 

He is represented by Universal Sports Management. Think that’s the agency run by Trevor Steven and Blair Morgan. No idea if JC is involved with them. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

"You can't do anything about that"......Get a grip. He's got an opinion and he's entitled to say it. 

I think we have heard his opinion enough and he doesn't listen to what anyone counters it with.

The point still stands - he can't do anything about it.  The manager will remain in place until next season now.

3 minutes ago, goodwillie said:

Whats the difference playing home or away , you are playing on a piece of grass v 11 other players at venues you are used to . If AC Milan are playing Inter Milan does Inter play defensive as they are the away team, it is just another fancy arsed way of making a simple game complicated GET BACK TO THE BASICS AND PLAY THE GAME RIGHT.

That means being brave. Steady there bud. 

:D

All Out Attack
Just now, frankblack said:

You're still not looking at the big picture. 

We need to sell season tickets to get money to move the club forward. We are also now losing money on corporate events now like Gorgie live, as supporters have just given up and they are being cancelled.

The sizable and growing number promoting management change here and on social media, is a serious time bomb for our club next season. The reality you are denying is that, this is all going to happen all over again next season if he is still here and most will be even less tolerant of mediocrity than this season. 

1 minute ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

We're a laughing stock and that's down to a negative manager and director of football who hasn't the balls and never  will have to put a decent team on the park or have a go at teams

:facepalm::cornette::bwcornette:

We are sixth in the league and you think that is a laughing stock??  Jesus wept.

Just now, frankblack said:

I think we have heard his opinion enough and he doesn't listen to what anyone counters it with.

The point still stands - he can't do anything about it.  The manager will remain in place until next season now.

Have we ? You obviously have. He can say what he wants , within bounds. Strange how so many folk on are more worked up about fellow fans complaining than the actual shit football Levein is dishing out on a regular basis.  Seriously strange. 

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe he would have been slated for playing too many young players like at Dundee?

What? A manager being accountable for results?? We must be the first club in the  country to adopt that style of blame culture. 

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

You're still not looking at the big picture. 

We need to sell season tickets to get money to move the club forward. We are also now losing money on corporate events now like Gorgie live, as supporters have just given up and they are being cancelled.

The sizable and growing number promoting management change here and on social media, is a serious time bomb for our club next season. The reality you are denying is that, this is all going to happen all over again next season if he is still here and most will be even less tolerant of mediocrity than this season. 

I think you are making up stories now about corporate events.  The season is over, its time you realised that this is not something that is that unusual for us.

Choose to renew or not - I don't care but I think shifting season tickets will be a damn sight harder if we had no manager to bring in players for another month or so.

45 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He has plenty money at his disposal for us to achieve our objectives!! My money is on failure yet again 

Rubbish

It's a certainty your money would be on failure.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What? A manager being accountable for results?? We must be the first club in the  country to adopt that style of blame culture. 

Nope - your post isn't relevant to the one you quoted.

39 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, we didn’t. 

We we scored two goals on the counter and then spent the remaining 70 minutes shutting them out. 

If if you think this is about losing today, then you’re very short sighted. 

11 attempts to 10

6 attempts on target to 3

3 corners to 0 

sounds like shutting them out for 70 mins? We must have been great in that first 20 mins. They hit the post but other than that big Jon never had a save to make. Were you at the game? 

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

And never down to him when we win. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

A wee clique as you may say. They have both made vast sums of money by bringing average players to the club 

Agreed mate, shame more people don’t realise this.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Nope - your post isn't relevant to the one you quoted.

You were talking about CL always being at fault if we lose..damned if he does and all that.  I'm pointing out that is the nature of football management...The manager is accountable for results. I just put an unnecessary sarcastic slant on it though:thumbsup:

rick witter
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rubbish

It's a certainty your money would be on failure.

We have the 4th biggest budget in the league yet we are 6th. On good authority money is available yet we had trouble paying some players last week. Sounds fine to me 

Selkirkhmfc1874
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So team selection or getting rid of/hiring a new manager will be a poll on JKB? :rofl:

No not at all, was just saying foh is the fans , without fans money there is no foh

22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its his style of play he wont change.

My point today was that unlike at Dundee this was a nothing game for us and probably the time to experiment with formation and young players.

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We are sixth in the league and you think that is a laughing stock??  Jesus wept.

We're certainly not a laughing stock. We're just the footballing version of beige. 

Can't understand anyone defending Levein. He failed as a director of football and has taken us backwards since he creeped back into the dug out.

He's an imposter and Budge has to act before another season is ****ed. 

Class of 75
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:facepalm::cornette::bwcornette:

Yes we are Frank considering we get 20,000 through the gates every week and are 9 points behind a Kilmarnock side suppoted  by 2 men and a dog. Added to that we either sign dross or over the hill players and out football is a shambles. 

3 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Agreed mate, shame more people don’t realise this.

I think some people are getting confused with Key Sports Management (JC resigned as a Director on 19th May 2017) and Universal Sports Management, run by Trevor Stevens. Steven McLean is represented by the latter. 

1 minute ago, Deek said:

Its his style of play he wont change.

My point today was that unlike at Dundee this was a nothing game for us and probably the time to experiment with formation and young players.

If he doesn't change his style of play when better players are available then fair enough.  His options are extremely limited just now, and playing too many young players won't help.

30 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Against the tide.... it’s you that is in the small minority. These games mean nothing and the judgement on CL will begin after the summer transfer window.  No indication that we are seeing weaker sales for next season.

All Out Attack
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think you are making up stories now about corporate events.  The season is over, its time you realised that this is not something that is that unusual for us.

Choose to renew or not - I don't care but I think shifting season tickets will be a damn sight harder if we had no manager to bring in players for another month or so.

You are totally wrong here. 

Appoint a positive new manager over the next few weeks and all the bickering stops immediately. Everything is reset. We can look forward to the new season with hope, the optimism of what may unfold. Some off us can actually start travelling to away games again. 

New manager, a couple of new signings and we have a chance of continuing the momentum of increasing average attendances next term. FOH may even get a boost. 

Change can be a real positive and most clubs get a boost from a new manger. We didn't of course when Levein took over, as the players continued to underperform and a large section of our support became dissolutioned.

Levein has had season now as manager along with the DOF time as a back seat driver. We are a shambles, he needs moved on. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So, so tired of coming on here and reading the same debates. That in itself is proof that we aren’t making enough progress.

All Out Attack
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We have the 4th biggest budget in the league yet we are 6th. On good authority money is available yet we had trouble paying some players last week. Sounds fine to me 

Care to elaborate on this, as it would be really worrying if backed up. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Against the tide.... it’s you that is in the small minority. These games mean nothing and the judgement on CL will begin after the summer transfer window.  No indication that we are seeing weaker sales for next season.

No he's not. Sales are down for next season because of the man in charge , the power he commands and the dull, attritional football that he serves up. Make no mistake , Levein has been well remunerated by the club over the last 4 years. He is being judged on his performance.and decision making over that entire period. The jury are now delivering their verdict. 

132goals1958
28 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Well I have 1 mate had 1 for years and travel 5 hours for every home game and 2 for away games?

Just as a matter of interest how do you get to Easter Road 3 hours quicker than Tynecastle.

The bickering won't stop till levein has gone, then it will start again until Budge has gone. Some folk won't let what ever it is go. Shit result away from home in a pointless game. No surprises and no need for the pant wetting.

maroonlegions

Thread is reeking.

:bolt:

:getout:

:pleased::fth:

rick witter
4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You are totally wrong here. 

Appoint a positive new manager over the next few weeks and all the bickering stops immediately. Everything is reset. We can look forward to the new season with hope, the optimism of what may unfold. Some off us can actually start travelling to away games again. 

New manager, a couple of new signings and we have a chance of continuing the momentum of increasing average attendances next term. FOH may even get a boost. 

Change can be a real positive and most clubs get a boost from a new manger. We didn't of course when Levein took over, as the players continued to underperform and a large section of our support became dissolutioned.

Levein has had season now as manager along with the DOF time as a back seat driver. We are a shambles, he needs moved on. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.... 

They had a problem paying a few players mate nothing seriousSorted rapid as I expect Ann would do. It wasn’t meant to read that way. I’n. Very worried about the transfer market and who we are willing to deal with tho as it’s clearly not working 

Just now, jambopilms said:

The bickering won't stop till levein has gone, then it will start again until Budge has gone. Some folk won't let what ever it is go. Shit result away from home in a pointless game. No surprises and no need for the pant wetting.

Surely if Levein has the same attitude as you and the game is pointless he might have said to the fans that burst their arse at work week in week out watch us not to bother wasting money. 

Oh and the pantwetters phrase. Does anyone actually use that in their day to day vocabulary? It’s ****ing tragic !

Archived