Levein ( merged )

rick witter

4 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Give the man the summer ffs

To quote another poster - Those who defend him staunchly believe there is going to be a recruitment spree this summer that he will oversee that will be diametrically different from the last few years. I see nothing to substantiate that other than pure blind faith

Anyone who thinks we are signing 9 players for next season that will materially improve the current shit show are living in la la land. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonedinoz
7 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

My disappointment today is that we didn't try something different in a meaningless game. 

But these are 5 meaningless games win or lose everyone should realise that. 

My thoughts entirely.

We aren’t going to change our league position by drawing at best, so why didn’t he at least attempt something different.

surely now he will be a bit more adventurous, as I’d hate to think this was him fine tuning his approach for NEXT season!

TheAntiHibee
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

I thought it was the winter break?

Or is it Cathro 2017 you are talking about?

Its hard to keep up.

What in the summer is going to happen to dramatically change the fortunes we are in just now? 

New midfield, Milinkovic, Adao permanently and Mitchell for another season, simple.

15 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How do the club explain the August cluster****? It took weeks to replace Cathro before we realised the answer lay within. Did that procrastination merely allow the club to abstain from the transfer activity needed? 

There is no point in replacing Levein as Manager or Head Coach whilst he remains in DoF capacity because no self respecting manager will work under him 

Today was atrocious but no less atrocious than last visit to Ibrox or two trips to Easter Road. That tells me we are learning nothing 

Those who defend him staunchly believe there is going to be a recruitment spree this summer that he will oversee that will be diametrically different from the last few years. I see nothing to substantiate that other than pure blind faith 

Like i said my position is because I can see certain things from our performances that suggest we need a hard preseason. At the AGM when questioned the club said yes recruitment has changed and in January it was. Therefore i do have faith. 

Looking at the bigger picture to restructure and reset everything is a massive undertaking. If CL doesnt deliver as iv said before his position becomes untenable. I think DoF n manager is too much to do but he has to sort his mess and move forward or step aside. Killie have overachieved this season, weve underschieved (reasons are irrelevant for now) Hibs have rode the rogering they say they gave the championship last year and despite some poor signings have kept ticking in part by no injuries to key players. We were an unbalanced mess in August so to now theres been progression even if just at home so now we need to continue the level of recruitment and push on and back to our more regular away form.

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

If you think Steve Clarke failed miserably twice in management yet thinks the sun shines out Craig’s arse I suggest you look again at what he done at West Bromwich and what Craig done down South.

You sit and make excuses after excuses for everything including wait for it Killie have been under achieving.  He seems to have turned killie around in under the same amount of time we have done zero under Craig.  Clarke is a much better manager this era.  There’s nothing, I mean nothing to suggest Levein is a better manager.  Gives one example?  

Calm down.  Calm down.

I don't think the sun shines out of CL's arse and I'm not making excuses.  Things are definitely not going our way but while some of the criticism is due, most is OTT.  CL has openly recognised our shortcomings and has indicated the areas needing to be rectified.  He will get the chance to do this shortly and I would hope he'll fall on his sword if there is not substantial improvement by say the end of October.  

I'm not all that interested in Clarke.  In fact the comparisons are hypothetical claptrap invented by the disenchanted and serve no useful purpose.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Calm down.  Calm down.

I don't think the sun shines out of CL's arse and I'm not making excuses.  Things are definitely not going our way but while some of the criticism is due, most is OTT.  CL has openly recognised our shortcomings and has indicated the areas needing to be rectified.  He will get the chance to do this shortly and I would hope he'll fall on his sword if there is not substantial improvement by say the end of October.  

I'm not all that interested in Clarke.  In fact the comparisons are hypothetical claptrap invented by the disenchanted and serve no useful purpose.

Clarke gets spouted a lot but all he has done is what CL has done organised them drilled them and the difference is they have a balanced team , creative player (jones) who just gets on with it and Broadfoot and Boyd having indian summer seasons. He brought in Mulumbu who has been different class (apart from the Tynie game) and again hasnt had key players injured. The team he inherited was underachieving and now they are attritional and effective. No doubt Clarkes made a difference but its not as clear cut as some make out 

51 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

New midfield, Milinkovic, Adao permanently and Mitchell for another season, simple.

So we are basing our hopes on 3 other clubs letting go of players for free and Utd giving us back an outstanding prospect ahead of any English clubs that may want him? 

37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Clarke gets spouted a lot but all he has done is what CL has done organised them drilled them and the difference is they have a balanced team , creative player (jones) who just gets on with it and Broadfoot and Boyd having indian summer seasons. He brought in Mulumbu who has been different class (apart from the Tynie game) and again hasnt had key players injured. The team he inherited was underachieving and now they are attritional and effective. No doubt Clarkes made a difference but its not as clear cut as some make out 

How do you get they have a balanced team? They where bottom of the league even after Cathro got punted? For their Boyd we have Lafferty, they haven’t anyone anywhere near the standard of Berra.  We have Souttar there too, Jones we had never heard of before the season started. God knows about injuries but again that’s just excuses.  Do you see them having a player the Standard of Naismith? Malumbu hasn’t played for months, he didn’t need this magical pre season and they also haven’t got the best goalkeeper outside Craig in the league. 

“All Clarke has done” is much much better than Levein, with a less settled squad, less money to spend, inferior standard of player and not just keep them tight they go and attack sides.

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Calm down.  Calm down.

In what way are they not going out way?

3rd biggest budget in the league, we have the best stadium in the country, we are bringing though some of the best talent in the country.  We haveMcglughlin, Berra  Naismith and Lafferty in our side 4 players that would would into any side outside Celtic that’s without Souttar too.  Yet we sit in 6th, easily the poorest side in the top 6 yet make excuses left right and centre why we are having another pants season. Cathro isn’t to blame for any of it anymore, neither is injuries when we have had a consistent spine all season.  There should be no hiding place at the moment for the manager who came in August yet it’s excuse after excuse as people are said to be anti Craig Levein. I think the majority just want to see a hungry winning hearts side not miles behind Aberdeen and hibs.  Shite league position but losing with youngsters having a good balance off the pitch and one day soon it will all be worth it was what we used to rip hibs about all the time now it’s the other way about and a majority on here anyway don’t seem concerned in fact seem to enjoy telling people they are that they are bed wetting and have agendas against Levein.  Every single away match there’s something in me that thinks somehow we will turn the corner and have a go and yet it’s always he same.  If it’s the players fault as suggested then they need to be binned yet suggesting that gets you torn to shreds, suggest it’s the tactics then torn to shreds, it’s all just wait for next season then it’s fair kop, exact same as this time last year and the year before. 

merseyjambo
3 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

In what way are they not going out way?

3rd biggest budget in the league, we have the best stadium in the country, we are bringing though some of the best talent in the country.  We haveMcglughlin, Berra  Naismith and Lafferty in our side 4 players that would would into any side outside Celtic that’s without Souttar too.  Yet we sit in 6th, easily the poorest side in the top 6 yet make excuses left right and centre why we are having another pants season. Cathro isn’t to blame for any of it anymore, neither is injuries when we have had a consistent spine all season.  There should be no hiding place at the moment for the manager who came in August yet it’s excuse after excuse as people are said to be anti Craig Levein. I think the majority just want to see a hungry winning hearts side not miles behind Aberdeen and hibs.  Shite league position but losing with youngsters having a good balance off the pitch and one day soon it will all be worth it was what we used to rip hibs about all the time now it’s the other way about and a majority on here anyway don’t seem concerned in fact seem to enjoy telling people they are that they are bed wetting and have agendas against Levein.  Every single away match there’s something in me that thinks somehow we will turn the corner and have a go and yet it’s always he same.  If it’s the players fault as suggested then they need to be binned yet suggesting that gets you torn to shreds, suggest it’s the tactics then torn to shreds, it’s all just wait for next season then it’s fair kop, exact same as this time last year and the year before. 

Top post fella.

Those that think Levein can do no wrong cite the fact Clarke was sacked from 2 jobs and was a failed manager. He was also the manager who took West Brom to their highest EPL finish and took Reading to a cup Semi Final. He has been an Assistant at some of the biggest clubs in England Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle to name some of them.

CL has been sacked from the same number of positions and read his CV as including the world beaters of Cowdenbeath and Raith.

They are the people who blame the season we have had to injuries to key players. Djoum who has barely played half a dozen decent games  and Mitchell, a kid who played about half a dozen games or they blame the start away from Tynecastle but fail to mention the run of 8 or 9 home games we then had where we should by their measure of blame, have been able to right the imbalance of points from playing our initial games away from home.

They are people who can’t handle the home truths that CL is an outdated manager who clearly has no plan B. They don’t want to accept that we have taken 1 point all season when we have been behind in a game. 

The same stuff being spouted about about give him the transfer window, it will be ok next season with a good pre season, he needs time to bring his own players in is the same stuff that was being spouted 12 months ago when people were talking about Cathro. What makes people think that our scouting is better than it was 12 months ago. Is there not a concern among fans that CL will, if the rumours are true, only deal with certain agents, is that not blocking of players that would be good enough to play for us due to his petty mindedness. It’s equivelent to a Tesco saying we’re only stocking Heinz soup because we don’t like the rep/directors at Baxter’s.

Of the loan signings he wants to keep, I would hope that we can keep Milinkovic and that he gives him more game time (I know he was injured yesterday) as he is the one player who looks like he can do something different and actually causes issues for defences. Adao has been decent when I’ve seen him. Naismith will be up to Norwich and possibly whether a team like Sunderland could come in for him. Mitchell IMO is likely to be loaned to a Championship team next season to see how he progresses or bought outright by the likes of a Stoke or Villa. 

What the CL acolytes fail to grasp is that nearly all Hearts fans accept that we have been a team which has been inconsistent (probably going back to the day we were formed) but in my time in going since the late 70s we have never achieved consistency over a 5 or 6 year period, however the one thing that we take pride in and always have is the way that we have battled, scrapped and put effort in. Silk and steel, play some football but knew how to dig out a result. The only season I can think of where we have been as regularly poor was the season about 1980 when we got relegated with the likes of More, Strickland, Denny and McShane in the squad. The performances away from Tynecastle this season (and some of them at home) have been truly awful. They have been safety first mind numbing garbage. A new set of players isn’t miraculously going to change the mindset of the manager. It’s unfortunately in his DNA to play like that. 

To those who think CL is going to do a better job next season, where in the league would you want the club to be after the first round of fixtures and where would you want them to be at Xmas. What is acceptable to you???? If he doesn’t have the club where you expect them to be, what then???? What are you prepared to accept as a minimum next season????

Personally I can’t see us finishing higher than 5th unless his mindset changes.

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Top post fella.

Those that think Levein can do no wrong cite the fact Clarke was sacked from 2 jobs and was a failed manager. He was also the manager who took West Brom to their highest EPL finish and took Reading to a cup Semi Final. He has been an Assistant at some of the biggest clubs in England Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle to name some of them.

CL has been sacked from the same number of positions and read his CV as including the world beaters of Cowdenbeath and Raith.

They are the people who blame the season we have had to injuries to key players. Djoum who has barely played half a dozen decent games  and Mitchell, a kid who played about half a dozen games or they blame the start away from Tynecastle but fail to mention the run of 8 or 9 home games we then had where we should by their measure of blame, have been able to right the imbalance of points from playing our initial games away from home.

They are people who can’t handle the home truths that CL is an outdated manager who clearly has no plan B. They don’t want to accept that we have taken 1 point all season when we have been behind in a game. 

The same stuff being spouted about about give him the transfer window, it will be ok next season with a good pre season, he needs time to bring his own players in is the same stuff that was being spouted 12 months ago when people were talking about Cathro. What makes people think that our scouting is better than it was 12 months ago. Is there not a concern among fans that CL will, if the rumours are true, only deal with certain agents, is that not blocking of players that would be good enough to play for us due to his petty mindedness. It’s equivelent to a Tesco saying we’re only stocking Heinz soup because we don’t like the rep/directors at Baxter’s.

Of the loan signings he wants to keep, I would hope that we can keep Milinkovic and that he gives him more game time (I know he was injured yesterday) as he is the one player who looks like he can do something different and actually causes issues for defences. Adao has been decent when I’ve seen him. Naismith will be up to Norwich and possibly whether a team like Sunderland could come in for him. Mitchell IMO is likely to be loaned to a Championship team next season to see how he progresses or bought outright by the likes of a Stoke or Villa. 

What the CL acolytes fail to grasp is that nearly all Hearts fans accept that we have been a team which has been inconsistent (probably going back to the day we were formed) but in my time in going since the late 70s we have never achieved consistency over a 5 or 6 year period, however the one thing that we take pride in and always have is the way that we have battled, scrapped and put effort in. Silk and steel, play some football but knew how to dig out a result. The only season I can think of where we have been as regularly poor was the season about 1980 when we got relegated with the likes of More, Strickland, Denny and McShane in the squad. The performances away from Tynecastle this season (and some of them at home) have been truly awful. They have been safety first mind numbing garbage. A new set of players isn’t miraculously going to change the mindset of the manager. It’s unfortunately in his DNA to play like that. 

To those who think CL is going to do a better job next season, where in the league would you want the club to be after the first round of fixtures and where would you want them to be at Xmas. What is acceptable to you???? If he doesn’t have the club where you expect them to be, what then???? What are you prepared to accept as a minimum next season????

Personally I can’t see us finishing higher than 5th unless his mindset changes.

My benchmarks:

100% record in the League Cup and progress to the Quarters as a minimum

Top 4 minimum after first 11 games

Top 3 minimum after 22 games

Final position: At least 3rd

4 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

I thought it was the winter break?

Or is it Cathro 2017 you are talking about?

Its hard to keep up.

What in the summer is going to happen to dramatically change the fortunes we are in just now? 

He's going to sign players who will improve us. If they don't he will be sacked. It's not rocket science. He will be responsible 100% for this recruitment, there will be no dubiety.  He's said himself he knws where we have gone wrong. He fixes it or he's gone.

Personally I just don’t think Craig Levein is a very good manager! Have ANY if his Teams ever played good attacking football? He’s a clever guy and he knows how to get a result in certain circumstances but by in large his management ability is very poor, his teams have lacked creativity and urgency for as far back as I can remember and quite simply he is ruining what is actually a very good team on paper! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, red said:

Personally I just don’t think Craig Levein is a very good manager! Have ANY if his Teams ever played good attacking football? He’s a clever guy and he knows how to get a result in certain circumstances but by in large his management ability is very poor, his teams have lacked creativity and urgency for as far back as I can remember and quite simply he is ruining what is actually a very good team on paper! 

The 02-04 teams were very attacking. I enjoyed watching them.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I beg to differ, A few good games and a few decent results inc a 5-1 against Hibs but can’t recall us playing wonderful football! With Devries up top and a makeshift forward in McKenna i can mainly only remember the usual long ball 

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We'll find out in the next few months how successful, or otherwise, our recruitment will be. 

If it fails hen what do we do? 

Sack Levein, as manager and DOF?

Bring in a new manager who will have no funds to buy his style of footballer?

So far we have bought a 6’4” striker which is a Levein speciality and tells you our style won’t change next season. Oh and a 35 year old striker. 

1 hour ago, red said:

:lol:

Wow... maybe borrow someone’s copy of ‘The Late Late show’ or google some games from the period. Your memory clearly isn’t doing you many favours. 

Some of these posts are just too long.  Question is why so many of our performances are so dismal.  In years gone by, particularly the 70s, it was no surprise.  We had mainly rubbish players.  Today it's different imo.

hibs, celtic, Hamilton, st Johnstone and kilmarnock have all won in the league at Ibrox this season and we have shut up shop three times collecting 1 point. 3 very poor displays. Something has to change, either the way we approach the fixture or the manager. Or both.

Mars plastic
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Clarke gets spouted a lot but all he has done is what CL has done 

:lol::lol::lol: 

They’re 9 points in front of us ffs.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Some of these posts are just too long.  Question is why so many of our performances are so dismal.  In years gone by, particularly the 70s, it was no surprise.  We had mainly rubbish players.  Today it's different imo.

I disgree, our squad is very light. Just look at yesterday’s bench.  I give you that if our squad was fully fit we could put out a strong first 11 that would give all teams in the league a good game.

Yesterday was a meaningless game . What matters is next season.  CL needs to build a stronger squad and have us in the top 4. If he doesn’t I am not sure he will be managing the team much longer.  

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

He's going to sign players who will improve us. If they don't he will be sacked. It's not rocket science. He will be responsible 100% for this recruitment, there will be no dubiety.  He's said himself he knws where we have gone wrong. He fixes it or he's gone.

The salient point . 

He has went from a secure position to a position where he now has to get it right . 

There will be no hiding place for him. The stand should be finished a new pitch down and he will have overhauled his squad by all accounts . 

I will be renewing again an he will get by backing with a clean slate come August but its last chance saloon for him , let's hope he delivers. 

1 hour ago, red said:

I remember his United teams giving us a couple of goings over at Tynecastle, sticking four past us in the process. And I think he got the Scotland job after building a very impressive side there.

TheAntiHibee
5 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

So we are basing our hopes on 3 other clubs letting go of players for free and Utd giving us back an outstanding prospect ahead of any English clubs that may want him? 

Pays pretty much, and bring in whatever needs to be brung in the summer.

chester copperpot

I very much doubt that the summer recruitment will bear any impact on how we approach away games next season.

You can just see the difference in home and away games (especially against the top 6) with the same players.

That is the thing that worries me most.

I really want him to prove me wrong though. I really do.

Clerry Jambo
9 hours ago, Coco said:

Doesn't look like the problem is just Levein.

MacPhee inexplicably survived the Cathro sacking when he should have gone too.  He was a sticking point in the farcical manager search.  And the vaunted tactical and dead ball expertise is nowhere to be seen.  Daly parked the bus as a stop gap manager and has done nothing as a coach.  And Fox has an even worse record!  Sacked before he could take Cowdenbeath out of the leagues!  They should all go.

Fair points Coco and even more daunting we get rid of Ross whose team just romped the Championship!!

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

CL needs to build a stronger squad and have us in the top 4. 

We’ll be challenging top 6. 5 teams currently above us will be above ya next season.as well 

18 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The salient point . 

He has went from a secure position to a position where he now has to get it right . 

There will be no hiding place for him. The stand should be finished a new pitch down and he will have overhauled his squad by all accounts . 

I will be renewing again an he will get by backing with a clean slate come August but its last chance saloon for him , let's hope he delivers. 

Totally where I am

7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A - Really ? Berra was always coming back to Hearts. No need to go into the reasons why but it was quite clear why. The keeper ? Who was binned by Burton Albion and who happens to come from Edinburgh ? 

B - "People" ? Who ? Everyone ? Until I logged out tonight I didn't see  a single poster mention this. Anyways, even so, SOME posters are apparently questioning the academy  according to you ? So what ? That's got nothing to do with the crap we saw today and the crap that saw us emptied out of the cup and the litany of dire performances away from home. 

C- That is pathetic. Really, truly pathetic. The club has proved this season that it doesn't have the coaching ability to improve players. When Cathro was binned we didn't have anyone in house to take over apart from CLs pal. McPhee couldn't apparently take over because he has a specific role within the club that means he is not suitable for the role ?  He is the tactical genius ?  What does he do - not that I really care any longer. Christ, a multi million pound business didn't even have succession planning in place and had to coerce its DOF to take over the role as MANAGER not head coach. 

If you're content with the situation , that's Ok. Just say it but stop picking up on selective points to try and make out everyone else is wrong. If you're happy, just say it. We won't hate you. Honest. 

Pots and kettles my friend. As you selectively pick out points to suit your case for dismissing CL.

Berra is only one of many signings. Your point on the keeper makes no sense. The academy has been questioned on this very thread and coincidently also disproves your point on being unable to coach and improve players.

As for this succession plan point...I think you've been watching too much sky TV mate. Not even Man Utd had a succession plan.

You and many others are pedaling the same tried arguments over and over about CL yet ignoring so much that goes against this sense of entitlement you have. We've not had a great season by any stretch, however the home record alone and the signings indicate we have the ability to push on next season. Am I happy we finished 6th not over the moon but I've got my big boy pants on and can see the bigger picture.

Can I ask you..what would you class as acceptable for Hearts next season?

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nearly twenty years ago?  His football is driving fans away.  Do you enjoy watching the football we've had for the last couple of seasons. This boring style will never change with levein. 

4 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Nearly twenty years ago?  His football is driving fans away.  Do you enjoy watching the football we've had for the last couple of seasons. This boring style will never change with levein. 

Did you find beating Celtic 4-0 boring?

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Is that it?  I suppose you could include the Aberdeen game and a decent forty five minutes against Partick. Apart from that it had been brutal. Did you enjoy no shots on goal against Hibs at home?

Phil Dunphy

Folk need to stop this bullshit “we’ve been good at home though” excuse for what we’re being served up this season. How many times have we scored more than one goal in a game this season?

8. 8 games out of 36. That’s ****ing atrocious.

People keep saying we don’t have the players. Do Dundee have the players? Ross County? For three years we’ve had exactly the same issues and there’s one common denominator in there. 

Yesterday wasn’t a blip. Yesterday was another away day watching a turgid and toothless Hearts side. 4 wins away from home all season. Boak. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

They’re 9 points in front of us ffs.

They were rock bottom when he took over. 

Phil Dunphy
36 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We hammered Rangers 4-1 last season. Didn’t make Cathro a good manager. 

12 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

The jury should be out out regarding the Academy.No young player in this Levein era has yet established himself as a regular in the first team.Still early days I know.We have some good prospects but we have always had good prospects.Arnott heads the Academy.

Playing young lads because our squad is threadbare or of poor quality does not mean that they will make it. 

I think Brandon would be established as rb if not for injury

Team talk choose the most appropriate

1. Right lads they have just been hammered v their local rivals so " beware the backlash play it tight and contain  "

2. Right lads they have just been hammered v their local rivals so they are " vulnerable lets get in their faces and press them "

Which statement would you choose for yesterday

Mars plastic
3 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Team talk choose the most appropriate

1. Right lads they have just been hammered v their local rivals so " beware the backlash play it tight and contain  "

2. Right lads they have just been hammered v their local rivals so they are " vulnerable lets get in their faces and press them "

Which statement would you choose for yesterday

We went ibrox and parked the bus the week after hibs had scored theee there. Tells you all you need to know 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

The salient point . 

After a nights sleep and some reflection I'm prepared to give him the benefit of  the doubt for the moment. The team was set up to get a draw and maybe pinch a goal on the break because Levein knows that our squad is very limited, especially in midfield.

However next season it will be down to him and his signings.

No hiding place as you say.

Hagar the Horrible

We make a very weak and ordinary Rangers team look like Man City? we were set up for a draw away from home in a game where losing it 5-0 would have mattered not a jot, we should have been all over them.  CL stubborness not to change will be carried forward into next season, I recon we will have the second best squad and will struggle for a top six spot, all down to the way we set up away from home.  We could have played with Man City players and the result would have bene about the same.

Another transfer window will bring in better players one would hope?  But when clear duds like amankwa make a start, and we have MacLean who is not only too old but cannot train/play on plastic pitches, and guess what we are putting a hybrid one down????

I dont think CL needs to go, but he does need to change

gowestjambo

Can someone confirm if our Illustrious Leader during his interview said " He was slightly disappointed with the result" - If so he is alone! Most of us were raging with such a pitiful performance.

How on earth with that attitude can he motivate the team?? He is a Loser out and out and will never change.

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Another transfer window will bring in better players one would hope? 

I wonder how long we’re going to keep saying this for. 

kingantti1874

This is where I'm at

Levein has improved us from the shambles that was Cathro.

Home results have been good despite at times lethargic performances. 

He has been open about our weaknesses and has tried to resolve them e.g lack of pace, left back. We have been very unfortunate with smith-brown and Mitchell.

At times poor results can be attributed to a very very thin squad. The Easter Road derby we went into basically without a  Midfield.(yes he has to take some flak for that)

Off the pitch the academy is in incredible shape.. I'm speaking first hand here as a know a few lads in the system.. now very much recognised as the place to be.

However, that was utter shite yesterday..  far to many performances like that away from home especially in Glasgow..  it simply has to change next season or I'll be in the move on camp..

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is where I'm at

Levein has improved us from the shambles that was Cathro.

Home results have been good despite at times lethargic performances. 

He has been open about our weaknesses and has tried to resolve them e.g lack of pace, left back. We have been very unfortunate with smith-brown and Mitchell.

At times poor results can be attributed to a very very thin squad. The Easter Road derby we went into basically without a  Midfield.(yes he has to take some flak for that)

Off the pitch the academy is in incredible shape.. I'm speaking first hand here as a know a few lads in the system.. now very much recognised as the place to be.

However, that was utter shite yesterday..  far to many performances like that away from home especially in Glasgow..  it simply has to change next season or I'll be in the move on camp..

Good post.

Sadly for some the pure hatred of CL clouds their judgement on any positives.  If he fails to fix the problems with the squad by next season then I think criticism can be justified.

We can't go and control games away with our midfield, nobody is capable of regular keeping possession for whatever reason. We rarely keep decent possession at home even when playing well. Until he gets a couple of quality midfielders in I can't see how anyone expected anything different. He has the summer to fix this for me. 

Before anyone starts he isn't responsible for every transfer in the last 4 years. And there will be the same folk moaning about how we didn't go to Aberdeen and control the game next week as if anything was going to change with the same players.

36 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

After a nights sleep and some reflection I'm prepared to give him the benefit of  the doubt for the moment. The team was set up to get a draw and maybe pinch a goal on the break because Levein knows that our squad is very limited, especially in midfield.

However next season it will be down to him and his signings.

No hiding place as you say.

Really? in match that had absolutely no relevance for us. What a chance to just go out and play, so what if we got hammered but it was an open exciting game where we tried to play football.

The Huns are no great shakes,and that is the way we approach a meaningless match, dread to think what we will do when it really matters.

I was all for giving CL time, but after that I think that we can look forward to more of the same next season. Its all great signing new players, but if that is going to be the approach we are only in for more of the same i'm afraid, and disappointed to say.

I wonder how the players feel to go out to not lose a goal, rather than go out to win a game away from home. All very depressing.

Archived