Levein ( merged )

rick witter

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hate to break it to you bud, but season tickets don't cover away games. :thumbsup:

I hate to say it but...He wasnt saying that

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The post 98 JJ was far from exuberant. He invented the flat back 11 away from home.

We were above average away from home in 1999/2000 and especially 2010/11. 

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

socrates.jpg

Time for someone to pick up the toys you threw out your pram.

You were literally calling folk clowns about 15 minutes ago. 

All Out Attack
Just now, frankblack said:

Hate to break it to you bud, but season tickets don't cover away games. :thumbsup:

You have really thought this one through haven't you. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

22 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Have a word with yourself. How many seasons now have we had to “rebuild” CL has had this defensive style of play since he has been a manager. The team that we have is full of attack minded players yet CL chooses not to utilise that he won’t change his ways for no one. I for one can’t accept another rebuilding under CL he’s simply not good enough we need a complete clear out of staff from coaches to scouts right the way through I accept clueless Ann budge wont sack him but it’ll be another season struggling for 6th place. But let’s waste time and let levein rebuild in the summer and have a change of manager mid way through no point.

Spot on.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, bighalders said:

Sadly true and his record in Glasgow was Leveinesque imo

Forgivable when you’re winning games against others teams away from home. 

We aren’t doing that either. 

shaun.lawson
22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Another defeat and the roasters appear. 

Are these "roasters" all "hobo trolls", as you suggested earlier? Do tell. 

If your leader is not a winner your screwed. Levein has won nothing we've no chance until he is removed

maroonexile
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You were literally calling folk clowns about 15 minutes ago. 

He’s all over the place on this thread.

I suppose that’s what happens when you defend the indefensible.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

We were above average away from home in 1999/2000 and especially 2010/11. 

We won a string of games 1-0 thanks to the brilliance of Antti Niemi. Without him, we were fecked!

shaun.lawson

If your leader is not a winner your screwed. Levein has won nothing we've no chance until he is removed

Could be a poem, that. :thumb: 

2 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You have really thought this one through haven't you. 

The poster was suggesting that some fans would be out off going for ST's with these type perfomances

Not sure about the shite you slaver

Levein will start next season as manager by December we will be 7th and Daly will take over as manager with Levein DoF which is just not good enough 

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We won a string of games 1-0 thanks to the brilliance of Antti Niemi. Without him, we were fecked!

We also won 4-1 at St Johnstone, 2-0 going on 5-0 at Dundee United, and 3-2 from 2-0 down at Celtic (still the last occasion domestically when they lost at home from two goals up). Any chance of Levein doing any of that? And JJ gets the credit for signing Niemi anyway.

The previous season - after getting into real trouble, granted - we hit 3 at Tannadice, 4 at Fir Park and 5 at Pittodrie. And that despite it being far and away JJ's worst season with us!

Levein will start next season as manager by December we will be 7th and Daly will take over as manager with Levein DoF which is just not good enough 

This is my biggest concern.

Levein has to get it right next season or the whole shooting match has to go.

16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps a rebuild of the team and getting our injured players fit? If we had the width and pace added to the team it would make a big difference.

You are correct.  Two of our fastest players, Brandon and Mitchell, are injured and that severely limits our ability to attack via the wings.  Added to this, where was Skinny, our best hope of creativity?

I only saw the first half but when the ball was played up the park it did not stick and with our two striker signings that might be rectified next season, if CL's description of their play is accurate.

That said, that does not excuse what can be described as lethargy and decisions need to be taken about trying to move on some players who quite frankly are not likely to reach the level we need.

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He’s not going to be alone.

Remember all the optimism we experienced after going down? It’s gone. 

We’ll sell less season tickets than Hibs this year. 

Why don’t you go the full hog and cancel your FoH subscription? If you even pledge 

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

The poster was suggesting that some fans would be out off going for ST's with these type perfomances

Not sure about the shite you slaver

It was actually me that said that originally. 

We have a major problem in that our owner admits to knowing not a lot about football, hence the reason she brought in Levein.

If she can't see that CL is slowly killing the major part of the club then WE have a problem.

There is no feel good factor at the club just now.

Season tickets will sell because of the fans love of the club and not because of the performances on the field.

Ann needs to have the ear of someone else in football to get this sorted out.

gowestjambo

As much as I detest cowardly Levein's approach to games. If we have to defend can we not do it properly? We were second to every ball, closed down no one and our "passing" was abysmal. New players next year will not change his weak approach.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

We also won 4-1 at St Johnstone, 2-0 going on 5-0 at Dundee United, and 3-2 from 2-0 down at Celtic (still the last occasion domestically when they lost at home from two goals up). Any chance of Levein doing any of that? And JJ gets the credit for signing Niemi anyway.

I was at all those games except the Celtic one Shaun and I don't knock JJ lightly. However, I was also at Dens when we went bottom, I was at Motherwell when we surrendered the cup and recall losses at Killie, Dunfermline et al. Not mentioning that derby capitulation either. It wasn't fun.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bit of a sterile argument if you ask me.  We would have lost loads of games if it had not been for John Robertson.

1 hour ago, heartandsoul said:

He is out of his depth. Time for Budge to act now and get him out the club completely. 

Not a hope in hell of this happening so long as she is around the club in her eyes he can do no wrong.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Why don’t you go the full hog and cancel your FoH subscription? If you even pledge 

FFS! Catch a grip!

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Not sure what you’re getting angry at me for. I’m not the reason people aren’t falling over themselves to renew their season tickets.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are correct.  Two of our fastest players, Brandon and Mitchell, are injured and that severely limits our ability to attack via the wings.  Added to this, where was Skinny, our best hope of creativity?

I only saw the first half but when the ball was played up the park it did not stick and with our two striker signings that might be rectified next season, if CL's description of their play is accurate.

That said, that does not excuse what can be described as lethargy and decisions need to be taken about trying to move on some players who quite frankly are not likely to reach the level we need.

Skinny tweaked his knee in training so missed the game.  He definitely could have helped today if he had been fit.  Amawanka was utterly honking and really looks nowhere near good enough.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I was at all those games except the Celtic one Shaun and I don't knock JJ lightly. However, I was also at Dens when we went bottom, I was at Motherwell when we surrendered the cup and recall losses at Killie, Dunfermline et al. Not mentioning that derby capitulation either. It wasn't fun.

Sure - but the thing about JJ's approach is it comes with risk. Hence, I think, how streaky we so often were under him. Levein is safety first. This means we won't get into relegation danger... but it also means our ceiling of potential is, well, rather limited.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Skinny tweaked his knee in training so missed the game.  He definitely could have helped today if he had been fit.  Amawanka was utterly honking and really looks nowhere near good enough.

Was Amankwaa not meant to be a flying machine which is partly why we gave him an 18 month deal was it not?

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We have a major problem in that our owner admits to knowing not a lot about football

Horribly, eerily remiscent of the similarly admired, loveable, good-hearted owner of my English club. Who has made the most staggering number of appalling football-related decisions. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sure - but the thing about JJ's approach is it comes with risk. Hence, I think, how streaky we so often were under him. Levein is safety first. This means we won't get into relegation danger... but it also means our ceiling of potential is, well, rather limited.

Well, for me, he has to finish Top 3 next season. No excuses. Any obvious parting from that and he should be emptied.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

We have a major problem in that our owner admits to knowing not a lot about football, hence the reason she brought in Levein.

If she can't see that CL is slowly killing the major part of the club then WE have a problem.

There is no feel good factor at the club just now.

Season tickets will sell because of the fans love of the club and not because of the performances on the field.

Ann needs to have the ear of someone else in football to get this sorted out.

Exactly. 

Budge should be sounding out JJ if she really needs a DOF, but even she may realise that this position is really not required. 

Like many, I haven't bought our season tickets yet, although I will do it. I can certainly understand why people don't wish to do it under Levein though.

Stopped travelling with Hearts a few months back after the last away Ross County game and I can't see me doing it next season with this awful regime in place. 

Come on Budge, move this club forward, not back. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not a hope in hell of this happening so long as she is around the club in her eyes he can do no wrong.

The statement and comments on the radio was an up your game message to Levein IMO. Not a resounding backing, I do believe her opinion about Levein changes every week.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Was Amankwaa not meant to be a flying machine which is partly why we gave him an 18 month deal was it not?

I got that impression.  I gave my opinion on the thread about him earlier but he looks utterly hopeless.

I got that impression.  I gave my opinion on the thread about him earlier but he looks utterly hopeless.

Agree he looks unimpressive and as others have said he seems to lack any heart.

Ok that could be partly down to a lack of confidence but he just looks out of place here so yet again we have another player who could well be sitting about doing nothing for the rest of his contract.

Maybe is he has a decent pre season his confidence might grow and he could turn outto be ok but based on what I have seen of him so far I doubt it.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Not saying critism isn't deserved.

But "Craig Levein not in my name " 

?

:lol:

Just waiting for it to pop up on Twitter.

22 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Regrettably I think you may be correct

south morocco

Would be interesting to see how levein set up the team and tactics if we were ever to make a cup final?

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Horribly, eerily remiscent of the similarly admired, loveable, good-hearted owner of my English club. Who has made the most staggering number of appalling football-related decisions. 

In fairness I don't think we will see Ann make a half time speech quite like this:

:rofl:

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

Just waiting for it to pop up on Twitter.

Or a plane 

52 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yawn yawn yawn. Not his players, needs the summer blah blah blah. The man's methods are dated and his stubborn and arrogant streak will not allow himself to admit it. McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Lafferty and Naismith. 5 quality players at his disposal. Give Robinson orClarke these players and they do a whole better than Levein. His football philosophy is strangling the life out the club and you know Frank, the drop in ST sales will probably force Ann to act sooner rather than later. Appointing Levein last summer was a big mistake.

All five of them were poor today. Maybe Leveins fault, maybe not. 

shaun.lawson

In fairness I don't think we will see Ann make a half time speech quite like this:

:rofl:

Stupid bitch. :laugh: 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Or a plane 

Thought of that too but didn't want to tempt fate Boss!

:biggrin:

GrSa6wkO9cer9ohEyriZPA_r.jpg

48 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Spare a thought for the folk who've paid good money to watch Hearts play "football" (sic) away from home for well over a year - and have been continually rewarded with this shite. My hat's well and truly off to all of them. 

I have been paying to watch Hearts away from home for over 40 years and with a few, very few, exceptions the football away from home has been about as dreadful as today. 

Clerry Jambo
40 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Levein is not the man to take us forward.He put 2 fingers up to the fans who wanted us to have a go.He set out his stall on what he sees as the tactics of a future Hearts team We had nothing to lose.We were timewasting in the first half.On 3 occasions in the first half  Soutar sidestepped a Rangers player moved forward 2 yards and with space in front of him passed the ball crossfield but back 10 yards killing off any possible attack.Nothing will change and this has been the concern of the "lunatics" who disagree with the signing of Mclean and the offer to Hughes.Old heads severly lacking in pace is not what we need.Unfortunately he has the backing of Ann Budge and we are stuck with him. 

I agree mate with everything you say and really disappointed in Levein now. However the example of Souttar sidestepping a player and then retreating rather than moving forward into space can be seen all over our team. Players need to take responsibility and be brave now and again despite what is coming from the manager.

30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Skinny injured in training 

31 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Levein will be our manager or gone there will be no DOF role as a comfort blanket . 

Massive season for him , if he doesn't deliver an improvement on this season he will find it hard to justify his job . 

Adam_the_legend
33 minutes ago, bighalders said:

That would annoy me. I think the plan internally would be to stabilise and strengthen the team so it’s a top 3 squad, then hand the reigns to Daly who is being groomed. 

If levein essentially fails to get the team performing I’d say it would be time to start again. Bring in an experienced manager and gofrom there. 

Hearts didn’t close down or put Rangers under pressure at all today. We’ve no energy in the side and if Levein thinks Adao is the answer in midfield then he’s sadly mistaken, Naismith is another of loan player I could do without. Amankwaa already looks to be completely useless and slow. 

Leveins comments about Maclean not being able to run and saying the signing of the Cambridge boy as being a gamble simply isn’t good enough. I supported Levein but this past week has now made me question that and my season ticket purchase is now very much in doubt. 

36 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

The previous season - after getting into real trouble, granted - we hit 3 at Tannadice, 4 at Fir Park and 5 at Pittodrie. And that despite it being far and away JJ's worst season with us!

Do you also give him credit for Simpson and Petric? 

Archived