Levein ( merged )

rick witter

All Out Attack
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He isn't going anywhere before next season no matter how often you post on here or write letters to the club.

You clearly don't have your clubs best interests at heart. 

Budge has to be thinking very carefully about Levein's future just now. 

Our travelling support has collapsed, we are cancelling Gorgie live sessions and losing money now. Our support is constantly bickering with each other over Levein’s future. Season tickets sales have clearly been underwhelming, otherwise we would have heard otherwise. We are signing 35 year old StJ duds as new players and trying to extend contracts for 38 year olds. What an absolute shambles Levein has precided over. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t remember the substantial profit on transfers but happy to be proved wrong. My memory is we signed countless players, mostly on big money, and very few of them left for a big fee,  Fergus being possibly the biggest. Adam, Flogel, Noemi, Rousset, Tomascek,  very expensive with virtually no sell-on fees. 

Niemi commanded a seven figure fee. But I get the sentiment expressed in wider sense with players you reference 

The SMG situation was a colossal cluster**** 

HeartofHartley

Guys, you'll feel better by the marketing campaign by hearts to build a Lego Tynecastle and a retro top of 20 years ago when we actually achieved something. 

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And Mourinho has never parked the bus has he? Hughes, Mourinho and Levein - 3 dinosaurs? 

Slight difference Mourinho wins trophies. Levein has won **** all 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

61?! You must be the most potty mouthed sexagenarian on planet Earth. Respect to you Sir. :thumb: 

Hey, what’s wrong with being sexy?

Levein won’t go, he has it all tied up nicely for himself between him and John Colquhoun.

Steven MacClean is another one in a long list of duds that Craig Levein has bought from his wee mate Colquhoun, between selling us shite and the whole box soccer deal the guy is making a fortune out the club.

The style of football is awful, the signing and contracts over the last 4 years have been dreadful and us fans are being taken for absolute mugs.

HeartofHartley

The Rangers banner today. "Mindless behind the scenes, heartless on the pitch, we deserve better"

Ironic how badly we need to borrow that.

Just now, All Out Attack said:

Our travelling support has collapsed, we are cancelling Gorgie live sessions and losing money now. Our support is constantly bickering with each other over Levein’s future. Season tickets sales have clearly been underwhelming, otherwise we would have heard otherwise. We are signing 35 year old StJ duds as new players and trying to extend contracts for 38 year olds. What an absolute shambles Levein has precided over. 

You really need to think about what you post. Why must she be thinking very carefully about Leveins future just now? She has already said he is with us for next season and will be supported with squad building this summer. Two weeks ago we comprehensively out-played Aberdeen, today we were poor at Ibrox. Why would she ignore Aberdeen and then fire him because of Rangers? Yours are the type of knee-jerk changes in beliefs and behaviours that lead me to believe we will be goosed if/when FoH get control of the Club. Budge has back-bone and builds her businesses for long haul. Not sure we will see the same from FoH. 

6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Niemi commanded a seven figure fee. But I get the sentiment expressed in wider sense with players you reference 

The SMG situation was a colossal cluster**** 

The list of dud signings is long. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "I don't care about Hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football? 

People are paying 30 odd quid to go and watch their team play non-football.

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like I do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where I dread playing them and you know how and why? 

Stability, good core of players, GOOD F-ING SCOUTS NOT YOUTUBE WAGE THEIVES, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play FOOTBALL the way it should be played. 

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget Killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for Hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

We don't have a manager, we have an outdated imbecile in charge. 

Maroon tinted weirdos on Kickback 

:wow:

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Soton players much better than ours. 

It's a cup semi final against a team a lot better than them. Ours was a meaningless league game against a very average Rangers side .  If you're using that game to try and justify today's tactics, you are extremely desperate.  We cDNA afford to risk getting next season wrong.  Especially the style of football  it's all he now knows  today proved that.  Are now going to dine out in that win against celtic?  I if people were telling fans to  stop being negative before the game as it was mostly the midfield that bossed Aberdeen, it can only be down to tactics and  negative football.  Make no mistake about this, you will walk away from a levein game not enjoying it more than you did enjoy it.  His football will never change.  Fans aren't renewing season tickets because of what's on show.  

shaun.lawson
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t remember the substantial profit on transfers but happy to be proved wrong. My memory is we signed countless players, mostly on big money, and very few of them left for a big fee,  Fergus being possibly the biggest. Adam, Flogel, Noemi, Rousset, Tomascek,  very expensive with virtually no sell-on fees. 

From London Hearts: Transfer fees spent under JJ = 2.725m. Transfer fees recouped by JJ = 3.865m. It'd have been 4.865m had Robinson not idiotically turned down Rangers' bid for Ritchie too. And after JJ left, Cameron (signed for 400K) went on to fetch 1.75m plus a sell-on clause; Niemi (signed for 400K) went on to fetch 2m. 

As for wages: JJ was at Hearts during a time football changed more quickly than maybe any other point before or since. Bosman was the reason. No-one in football got a grip of what was going on for several years; inflationary pressures on wages were impossible for everyone in Scotland, with the SKY deal meaning players naturally demanded more.

Always lost in the complaints over who we ultimately signed with the SMG funds are the players we'd been interested in. Good players. Quality players. Spencer Prior, Moussa Saib, Robert Taylor, Stan Collymore, Lee McCulloch, Craig Burley. That we didn't sign any of them was because of their impossible wage demands (and those of their agents too). Wage demands made precisely because our board had trumpeted across the UK media how flush with cash we were.

So JJ spent 3 months chasing these players, we hit a slump on the pitch, and then remedial work was suddenly urgent. We carried on chasing McCulloch until about March. In May, Robinson suddenly declared we were skint. Sorry - but that's a joke. What kind of football club is run in such a shambolic, irresponsible way?

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You haven't a clue how football works, and want to sack the manager and blow our rebuilding plans for the summer out of the water??!!  How long do you think it will take to recruit an adequate replacement and give them a chance to get their own players in?  Think abou it.

Budge and Levein are working together to build a team for the new season, as witnessed by our 2 signings so far.  One I'm a bit skeptical on, the other looks promising.  However we were told about 8 players were being targeted so that presumably includes some more experienced and others less well known.

Keep bashing on pal with your digs at the club, because that is really going to help isn't it?

i wish jj was my dad
48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm pretty certain some people prefer it when Hearts lose. I dread to think how the frustration translates into real life 

Indeed. I expected us to have a go and am as disappointed as anyone but the bile directed at CL has me convinced that some folk are only happy when we lose 

All Out Attack
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You really need to think about what you post. Why must she be thinking very carefully about Leveins future just now? She has already said he is with us for next season and will be supported with squad building this summer. Two weeks ago we comprehensively out-played Aberdeen, today we were poor at Ibrox. Why would she ignore Aberdeen and then fire him because of Rangers? Yours are the type of knee-jerk changes in beliefs and behaviours that lead me to believe we will be goosed if/when FoH get control of the Club. Budge has back-bone and builds her businesses for long haul. Not sure we will see the same from FoH. 

As I did previously, we are now cancelling Gorgie live sessions and losing money and our supporters seem to have given up following our team. 

She will clearly note this and how it affects season ticket sales and FOH subs. Both of which have been worrying quiet on current numbers recently. 

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe, but he was the only board member who didnt agree with taking the SMG money because it was a dodgy deal. 

Agree - but as Geoff rightly always reminds us, he voted for it.

The Comedian
16 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

I'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "I don't care about Hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football? 

People are paying 30 odd quid to go and watch their team play non-football.

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like I do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where I dread playing them and you know how and why? 

Stability, good core of players, GOOD F-ING SCOUTS NOT YOUTUBE WAGE THEIVES, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play FOOTBALL the way it should be played. 

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget Killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for Hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

We don't have a manager, we have an outdated imbecile in charge. 

BOOM! 

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Ann Budge needs help/guidance from someone other that Craig Levein. How can a manager have so much power it's not right. A manager who is splitting the support and affecting the finances of the club in the wrong way. 

11 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

The Rangers banner today. "Mindless behind the scenes, heartless on the pitch, we deserve better"

A+

Mars plastic
32 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Blind faith is the only reason to believe it will get better. In the summer we'll sign a few unheard of journeyman from Europe and we'll be told to see them in action before we judge. They will inevitably be shite and the we'll be told to wait until January when we can rebuild the squad. We'll have a few solid results at home and some shocking displays away. We'll settle in 4th or 5th and the same arguments will go round and round and round. The manager doesn't have the nerve to change things on the pitch and the owner doesn't have the nerve to change things off it. Caution and abdication of responsibility from top to bottom. All so predictable. 

Can you imagine the utter shite that’s going to walk through the door in the next few months?? Expect more McLean, Amankaa types to arrive at the club.

Agents will left with all their huddies and think ‘who’ll buy this donkey?’ Then shout through to their PA ‘Get me Levein on the phone pronto please!’ 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Indeed. I expected us to have a go and am as disappointed as anyone but the bile directed at CL has me convinced that some folk are only happy when we lose 

My disappointment today is that we didn't try something different in a meaningless game. 

But these are 5 meaningless games win or lose everyone should realise that. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fortunately FoH will appoint a board of hopefully astute business people that will not react to the morons on Kickback with their knee-jerk reactions after every defeat.

shaun.lawson
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hey, what’s wrong with being sexy?

:D 

All Out Attack
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You haven't a clue how football works, and want to sack the manager and blow our rebuilding plans for the summer out of the water??!!  How long do you think it will take to recruit an adequate replacement and give them a chance to get their own players in?  Think abou it.

Budge and Levein are working together to build a team for the new season, as witnessed by our 2 signings so far.  One I'm a bit skeptical on, the other looks promising.  However we were told about 8 players were being targeted so that presumably includes some more experienced and others less well known.

Keep bashing on pal with your digs at the club, because that is really going to help isn't it?

I suppose we could just repeat the exact same mistakes we made last year, by holding onto our manager too long and ruining another opportunity to move the club forward. 

Please remember, supporters will  not tolerate another poor start to next season or a continuation of the anti-football we are playing. Why wait until the support rebels against the club again, when you can do it now and give the new manager plenty time. 

Change can be a positive and unfortunately our club needs root and branch surgery. 

rick witter
19 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Levein won’t go, he has it all tied up nicely for himself between him and John Colquhoun.

Steven MacClean is another one in a long list of duds that Craig Levein has bought from his wee mate Colquhoun, between selling us shite and the whole box soccer deal the guy is making a fortune out the club.

The style of football is awful, the signing and contracts over the last 4 years have been dreadful and us fans are being taken for absolute mugs.

A wee clique as you may say. They have both made vast sums of money by bringing average players to the club 

rick witter
22 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

The same banner should  apply  

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You haven't a clue how football works, and want to sack the manager and blow our rebuilding plans for the summer out of the water??!!  How long do you think it will take to recruit an adequate replacement and give them a chance to get their own players in?  Think about it.

But much as I take your point, there's a problem. A large one. 

Although there are of course exceptions - Steve Clarke, for one - most of the time, football clubs hate making a change mid-season. Least of all, early season. Because it means, as you say, a new manager bringing in a new coaching staff, new players, and probably not liking a number of the players he inherits.

The biggest mistake Hearts have made under Ann Budge wasn't appointing Ian Cathro. It was leaving him in last summer, then sacking him. She had absolutely no choice in the latter; but once a club commits to a manager, the whole season is almost always screwed if it gets rid shortly afterwards. The blunder, in other words, was that we didn't sack him in May.

If it hadn't been for Levein's rather large role in our recruitment, I'd be giving him much more of the benefit of the doubt than I am. But where we are now means that if we start badly next season, we'll almost certainly have to write that whole campaign off too. That's why, if we are to get rid of CL - if Budge can see what Stevie Wonder could see, and isn't convinced by him - the time isn't next season at all. It's now. 

23 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Slight difference Mourinho wins trophies. Levein has won **** all 

There is another slight difference.  Levein does not spend £89m on one player and countless millions on other players.  Maybe he would win something if he had a fraction of that money.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Although there are of course exceptions - Steve Clarke, for one - most of the time, football clubs hate making a change mid-season. Least of all, early season. Because it means, as you say, a new manager bringing in a new coaching staff, new players, and probably not liking a number of the players he inherits.

The biggest mistake Hearts have made under Ann Budge wasn't appointing Ian Cathro. It was leaving him in last summer, then sacking him. She had absolutely no choice in the latter; but once a club commits to a manager, the whole season is almost always screwed if it gets rid shortly afterwards. The blunder, in other words, was that we didn't sack him in May.

If it hadn't been for Levein's rather large role in our recruitment, I'd be giving him much more of the benefit of the doubt than I am. But where we are now means that if we start badly next season, we'll almost certainly have to write that whole campaign off too. That's why, if we are to get rid of CL - if Budge can see what Stevie Wonder could see, and isn't convinced by him - the time isn't next season at all. It's now. 

She won't unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You be convinced then 

Do you site design away games by any chance? 

Jean Louis Valois

Wonder how concerned Budge and the rest of the board are just now. I know a good few people already who aren't renewing next season. After performances like that it's only going to get worse, especially if we lose to Hibs again.

rick witter
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There is another slight difference.  Levein does not spend £89m on one player and countless millions on other players.  Maybe he would win something if he had a fraction of that money.

He has plenty money at his disposal for us to achieve our objectives!! My money is on failure yet again 

Mars plastic
33 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

:lol: 

Is McLean actually looked after by Colqhoun?? We were joking the other day that Colqhoun was probably his agent. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You be convinced then 

Do you site design away games by any chance? 

You have to forgive me but I have no idea what this means. I saw no reason to shut up shop other than to turn the hordes against their players. For me wr are good enough to beat Rangers home or away and I would have taken the game to them. I'm very disappointed we didn't. Maybe I have more confidence in the players than others do.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Speaking personally I am obviously not happy when we lose, however I get over it very quickly these days. I am talking within minutes. 

Never used to be the case. I used to go daft.

Nowadays it's because I have many more important things to do with my life than lose my shit over a game of football.

Especially when you get a fee hit as we did today. 

It would appear that Leopards can't change their spots after all. 

Phil Dunphy
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Two weeks ago we comprehensively out-played Aberdeen, 

No, we didn’t. 

We we scored two goals on the counter and then spent the remaining 70 minutes shutting them out. 

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Fortunately FoH will appoint a board of hopefully astute business people that will not react to the morons on Kickback with their knee-jerk reactions after every defeat.

If if you think this is about losing today, then you’re very short sighted. 

15 minutes ago, rick witter said:

A wee clique as you may say. They have both made vast sums of money by bringing average players to the club 

Absolute rubbish. You have no data to support those comments. 

7 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Wonder how concerned Budge and the rest of the board are just now. I know a good few people already who aren't renewing next season. After performances like that it's only going to get worse, especially if we lose to Hibs again.

No you don't. Settle down.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I agree with you re:Cathro.  I might even have removed him earlier as the Scottish Cup performance was the final straw for me, and it just continued to get worse.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If if you think this is about losing today, then you’re very short sighted. 

You haven't read my posts.  If you think changing the manager 3 or 4 times a season until the next Steve Clark is available will help then good luck.

All I am saying is that the FoH won't allow this type of interference from fans once they take over.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You haven't read my posts.  If you think changing the manager 3 or 4 times a season until the next Steve Clark is available will help then good luck.

All I am saying is that the FoH won't allow this type of interference from fans once they take over.

Foh is the fans 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I never said we should. Just that if you think this is about today then you’re not paying much attention. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Foh is the fans 

Yes and they will appoint a board to run the football side of things at arms length from the fans.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I never said we should. Just that if you think this is about today then you’re not paying much attention. 

I never said it was.  We have too many key players injured and a few players that aren't good enough.  There isn't anything that can be done about that until the summer, and I've said that for the past 3 or 4 months on here.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I never said it was.  We have too many key players injured and a few players that aren't good enough.  There isn't anything that can be done about that until the summer, and I've said that for the past 3 or 4 months on here.

They could be coached to play better, no? I don't think new players is the only way to improve a team. 

rab obanheartsno1

Man is a total embarrassment to the loyal fans who support the club, and the only way to get rid is not to renew season tickets, then something will be done 

18 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

:lol: 

Is McLean actually looked after by Colqhoun?? We were joking the other day that Colqhoun was probably his agent. 

Yeah, checked it Today as heard it on RangersTV and he is represented by Colqhoun!!  What a farce!

Archived