Levein ( merged )

rick witter

maroonexile
Just now, frankblack said:

He had the last week of the summer window and the January window.   Few significant deals happen in the January window as clubs don't want to release players mid season.

Please don't claim he was manager when he was DOF - go back over the many other Levein Out threads on how that infantile assertion was debated.

So the upshot of that is he is either responsible for a despicable set of recruitment or he’s essentially been doing **** all? 

Look at other DOF models, they are THE responsible owner for all recruitment activity.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another defeat and the roasters appear. That was really poor today but our squad is really poor. Levein is going nowhere so you can throw your toys out the pram all you want.

51 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

He is out of his depth. Time for Budge to act now and get him out the club completely. 

Budge praised this buffoon recently, we are Donald ducked with him running sorry ruining or football club.

Take your coaching, scouting staff with you Levein and go!

To not go all guns blazing in a match that means nothing to us is pathetic. 

Who cares if we lost - if we actually had a go! 

Levein Ooooot!!1!!!1

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

No he hasn't - stop your greeting read my previous post.

Did you go to the game today?

Just now, All Out Attack said:

Unbelievable.... 

Why should the person who has led us down this mire, get yet another chance. His style if football is horrendous. 

We are a laughing stock again. We just signed a 35 year old dud, with dodgy knees, how is that going to improve us. He also wants to give the fossil Hughes another contract. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.... 

Why don't you write another letter to the club and let them answer for you, or maybe they will continue to treat your letters with the contempt they deserve.

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So for those criticising us for not having a go, what team would you have picked today and how would you have ensured that we had enough possession to have a go?

Hibs have won twice there this season as have Dundee as have the fermers as have junior outfit, Hamilton. 

Its not the players, it’s the manager.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh great.  Another Levein out thread appears after a defeat.

Some clowns just don't want to accept that we need to rebuild this team in the summer before we can make any improvements in our style of play.  If that fails to show significant improvements by mid-September then we need to take a look at his position.

Okay, help us out then. What do you see now that suggests things will be better? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I certainly wouldn’t have told the players to stand 10 yards off every time the back 4 had the ball. 

I also wouldnt have told the defence to play sideways passes amongst themselves when we’re chasing a goal. 

Nor would I. In fact, I also doubt Levein told them to do that either but then Souttar thinks he is the new Beckenbauer (newsflash John - you're not).

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh great.  Another Levein out thread appears after a defeat.

Some clowns just don't want to accept that we need to rebuild this team in the summer before we can make any improvements in our style of play.  If that fails to show significant improvements by mid-September then we need to take a look at his position.

Yawn yawn yawn. Not his players, needs the summer blah blah blah. The man's methods are dated and his stubborn and arrogant streak will not allow himself to admit it. McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Lafferty and Naismith. 5 quality players at his disposal. Give Robinson orClarke these players and they do a whole better than Levein. His football philosophy is strangling the life out the club and you know Frank, the drop in ST sales will probably force Ann to act sooner rather than later. Appointing Levein last summer was a big mistake.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Another defeat and the roasters appear. That was really poor today but our squad is really poor. Levein is going nowhere so you can throw your toys out the pram all you want.

Why is the squad poor in your opinion?

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Okay, help us out then. What do you see now that suggests things will be better? 

Perhaps a rebuild of the team and getting our injured players fit? If we had the width and pace added to the team it would make a big difference.

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It's so much more than the players. Steve Clarke didn't have the players and they've done no' too badly. 

Good results and decent league finishes, but never the hope that someone like Jefferies gave us more than once. 

Kilmarnock won none of their first 8 games, and were bottom of the league. Their record since Clarke took over is played 25, points 49. Had he been in charge all season, Kilmarnock - KILMARNOCK! - would be miles clear in 2nd. Our record since he took over, meanwhile, is the rather less than average played 25, points 34. 

Your other point I've highlighted might seem harsh to many. Back to back 3rd places, dominance over Hibs, the Austin McCann game, Bordeaux, Braga... but I think you're absolutely right. We love Jim Jefferies because he is us; he gets us. Levein, for all his huge service to the club, just isn't in that bracket. He just doesn't excite or enthuse in the same way at all. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, The Merse said:

He shouldn't get away with it now either.

We arsed this season by not making the correct call on a poor manager when the season ended and we're about to repeat it again.

To go to Ibrox with that sort of attitude is unforgivable in the circumstances, utterly pathetic.

Well, that's it right there, the big risk is that it all goes the same way as Cathro. 

I agree, we should have had a go today, if we got pumped having a go then I doubt anyone would be that bothered as the better team would have won, instead we handed them the game on a plate as per. 

Just now, maroonexile said:

What’s his incentive to succeed then?

If he is able to scarper back to the comfy seats after another abject failure, how can we seriously support anything the club does?

I don't doubt he wants to succeed but there's clearly a problem with the quality of our players. We'll have to see what the window brings. 

Just used ST cash for holiday deposit,drained after 3 consecutive seasons of dire attricional,mediocre football and Fir Park QF killed me. I do like Craig but its not going to work im afraid. Portugal here i come,see you all in 2019/20 after change. Yeeeeehaaaaa!!

Fort Vallance
13 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Agree that we were pedestrian and  toothless as usual, and God knows I've never been a fan of Levein's style of football, but what possible line-up would have been more attacking? Lafferty and Naismith started; we had at least the threat of pace down the flanks in Amankwaa, Smith and Randall; and by the end we also had Henderson and Moore on. So I'm not sure the lineup was the problem. 

Line up wasnt the problem. The attitude / mindset was.

Phil Dunphy

Watched on Sky Sports.

Right, well spare a thought for the folk who paid good money to watch the game today and were presented with that. 

And let’s not pretend this was an aberration of an away performance. This was perfectly standard. 

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So for those criticising us for not having a go, what team would you have picked today and how would you have ensured that we had enough possession to have a go?

See above. 

maroonexile
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

You must love us getting fisted by Hibs then eh?

Obviously can’t wait for more.

Me, having watched us not muster a single shot on target there in 2 games this season, and spent a significant amount of money doing so, among countless other away games where we’ve totally shat it, have had enough.

Making observations on being unhappy with our club being shite away from home must automatically make you a roaster.

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Spot on.

All the usual suspects appearing on this thread plus a few added knee-jerkers to stir things up.

I'm glad I was catching up with my ironing today rather than being at ibrox.I feel sorry for the Hearts fans that went to the match today.

Levein just do us all a favour and go now.

All Out Attack

Why don't you write another letter to the club and let them answer for you, or maybe they will continue to treat your letters with the contempt they deserve.

I will do it sometime this week, after i have settled down over another shambles. 

I can't believe you are still standing up for this embarrassment of a manager. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nor would I. In fact, I also doubt Levein told them to do that either but then Souttar thinks he is the new Beckenbauer (newsflash John - you're not).

Craig Levein had half time to tell his players to push up. 

Guess what changed in the 2nd half? Nothing. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, All Out Attack said:

I will do it sometime this week, after i have settled down over another shambles. 

I can't believe you are still standing up for this embarrassment of a manager. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

Mr Kelman has competition! :rofl:

Poor performance away from home again.

Disappointed in the players application. Called it after a minute when we hadn’t had a touch of the ball how the game was going to go.

We were all over the place defensively and created next to nothing from middle to front.

Poor.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Why is the squad poor in your opinion?

It is, the squad is piss poor. 

Midfield is non existent, no pace, no left sided players. 

CL seems to be going into every away game with damage limitation in mind, perhaps overprotecting our weaknesses. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Craig Levein had half time to tell his players to push up. 

Guess what changed in the 2nd half? Nothing. 

Incorrect. What changed was we conceded. Then we turned shambolic.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right, well spare a thought for the folk who paid good money to watch the game today and were presented with that. 

And let’s not pretend this was an aberration of an away performance. This was perfectly standard. 

Fair enough - better them than me going to watch us just now in a dead rubber for us.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Spare a thought for the folk who've paid good money to watch Hearts play "football" (sic) away from home for well over a year - and have been continually rewarded with this shite. My hat's well and truly off to all of them. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Spot on.

All the usual suspects appearing on this thread plus a few added knee-jerkers to stir things up.

You are a clueless individual seriously embarrassing.. clearly happy with 6th place? And the last couple seasons pathetic.

27 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Let’s not forget, he signed Amankwa, the only winger in the UK who can’t go past a man. You couldn’t make it up.

Among many other shambolic signings, he has already started with two, another pensioner and one of his punts or gambles as he likes to do.

And he is going to be responsible for another 8 coming in?

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

So the upshot of that is he is either responsible for a despicable set of recruitment or he’s essentially been doing **** all? 

Exactly. That's why the "Levein is not responsible!" argument is so ludicrous. Was he taking a paid holiday at the club for 3 years or something?

6 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Just used ST cash for holiday deposit,drained after 3 consecutive seasons of dire attricional,mediocre football and Fir Park QF killed me. I do like Craig but its not going to work im afraid. Portugal here i come,see you all in 2019/20 after change. Yeeeeehaaaaa!!

Don’t bother better off without you 

Phil Dunphy

Fair enough - better them than me going to watch us just now in a dead rubber for us.

Like I said before. This isn’t an unusual away performance. This happens every time we play away from Tynecastle. 

We we seem to treat away games like a different sport. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incorrect. What changed was we conceded. Then we turned shambolic.

Did we start to press? No. 

Did we show any sign of urgency after Berras goal? Nope. 

Hearts are cheating the paying fans by playing like that. Every ****ing away game. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Kilmarnock won none of their first 8 games, and were bottom of the league. Their record since Clarke took over is played 25, points 49. Had he been in charge all season, Kilmarnock - KILMARNOCK! - would be miles clear in 2nd. Our record since he took over, meanwhile, is the rather less than average played 25, points 34. 

Your other point I've highlighted might seem harsh to many. Back to back 3rd places, dominance over Hibs, the Austin McCann game, Bordeaux, Braga... but I think you're absolutely right. We love Jim Jefferies because he is us; he gets us. Levein, for all his huge service to the club, just isn't in that bracket. He just doesn't excite or enthuse in the same way at all. 

That's fair. Some great results for sure. It's subjective but I think the point I was trying to make is that JJ dreamed big. Despite his faults he believed to the bottom of his soul that if everything fell into place we could win big, challenge for the league. Fans are seduced by that. I've never felt Levein believed that. Or Robbie in the top league for that matter. Third is their ceiling. There's a reason why nobody ever claims 2002 to 2004 was their best time following Hearts, despite it being our best period of consistency for decades. Because nobody believed for a second it could get better. Levein and Neilson get heat from me because I feel they still think that (championship season an exception)) despite Rangers' total collspse

Phil Dunphy
Just now, James1874f said:

Don’t bother better off without you 

He’s not going to be alone.

Remember all the optimism we experienced after going down? It’s gone. 

We’ll sell less season tickets than Hibs this year. 

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Spare a thought for the folk who've paid good money to watch Hearts play "football" (sic) away from home for well over a year - and have been continually rewarded with this shite. My hat's well and truly off to all of them. 

Spare a thought for them? I’m one of them. 

The fans will soon give the board reason to consider Leveins position. Numbers have been falling since the start of the season. And I don’t see them going up next. 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

That's fair. Some great results for sure. It's subjective but I think the point I was trying to make is that JJ dreamed big. Despite his faults he believed to the bottom of his soul that if everything fell into place we could win big, challenge for the league. Fans are seduced by that. I've never felt Levein believed that. Or Robbie in the top league for that matter. Third is their ceiling. There's a reason why nobody ever claims 2002 to 2004 was their best time following Hearts, despite it being our best period of consistency for decades. Because nobody believed for a second it could get better. Levein and Neilson get heat from me because I feel they still think that (championship season an exception)) despite Rangers' total collspse

Warm, passionate, exuberant, football as fun (Jefferies) v clinical, cold, dull, football as business (Levein and Neilson). cf. "Money-spinning replay". 

tolcross lad

Levein is not the man to take us forward.He put 2 fingers up to the fans who wanted us to have a go.He set out his stall on what he sees as the tactics of a future Hearts team We had nothing to lose.We were timewasting in the first half.On 3 occasions in the first half  Soutar sidestepped a Rangers player moved forward 2 yards and with space in front of him passed the ball crossfield but back 10 yards killing off any possible attack.Nothing will change and this has been the concern of the "lunatics" who disagree with the signing of Mclean and the offer to Hughes.Old heads severly lacking in pace is not what we need.Unfortunately he has the backing of Ann Budge and we are stuck with him. 

:gok: three times at ibrox and 3 utterly shambolic displays... aye nothing to do with LEVEIN. 

1 minute ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

You are a clueless individual seriously embarrassing.. clearly happy with 6th place? And the last couple seasons pathetic.

socrates.jpg

Time for someone to pick up the toys you threw out your pram.

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Another performance that will not help season ticket sales. This has to be sorted. 

Hate to break it to you bud, but season tickets don't cover away games. :thumbsup:

How will Levein transform the style so dramatically for next season. No way he should have been punted with lap top boy as I suggested way back in August. 3rd then 5th then 6th. It should be a challenge for 2nd but not if you can't score

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Warm, passionate, exuberant, football as fun (Jefferies) v clinical, cold, dull, football as business (Levein and Neilson). cf. "Money-spinning replay". 

The post 98 JJ was far from exuberant. He invented the flat back 11 away from home.

17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You nailed it right there happy clapper ?

rick witter
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What an absolute shambles of a post. Roasters as you call them are people that care about where our club is going under this current manager. Our squad is poor because of the current manager. What do you suggest we do. Accept mediocrity and stumble along in 6th place. If that’s our standing in Scottish football then the manager needs to leave and so does the owner. 

maroonnicky63

I don't often have a go but I must say for me when you send your team out to play like that it means you have no confidence in them.

TBF most on here predicted it would be a backs against the wall performance and it was.I feel for the young players as I have since we won the championship they deserve to be given time to come through the ranks and be slotted into a team who has a solid foundation and a definitive style unfortunately we have neither at the moment.

I wonder if Craig's heart is in the dugout , I don't think it is but we need to get on with it because there does not appear to be any other option unless he moves upstairs again and perhaps that is the answer but who will take the job under the circumstances I really don't know.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The post 98 JJ was far from exuberant. He invented the flat back 11 away from home.

Sadly true and his record in Glasgow was Leveinesque imo

Archived