Levein ( merged )

rick witter

A_A wehatethehibs

We do not have the players. You look at the bench and all he’s got to choose from is 4 seventeen year olds

I accept that he will be in charge next season. 

All we can do is hope that he can get a better team together. We just struggle so badly away from home, I think we would have beaten Rangers if this game was at Tynecastle. We are just a different team away from home. 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think levein deserves the summer to sort out the squad. But the squad and mentality needs to change massively for next season. Performances like today are really not acceptable. Losing is one thing. Barely even competing or failing to having any sort of a go is not acceptable for a manager of hmfc. 

shaun.lawson
44 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I’m afraid to say Craig Levein is quickly becoming the Hearts equivalent of Alex Miller

That's a scarily apt comparison. Kudos. 

The Comedian
13 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

We're a team stuck in 6th place who can't go any lower so why not attack? A disgusting performance overseen by an absolute shitebag of a manager.

Sadly this. It's all so dull.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

maroonexile
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

He'll no get away with that next season. 

Yes he will.

I’ve been shot down on here before for suggesting we have accepted mediocrity, but that’s the reality.

The chairperson lacks the ruthlessness to get rid of the guy, or is completely manipulated by him. Don’t know which is worse.

In all my lifetime (wasn’t around in the 70s) we have never been so far behind Hibs. Yet there are still the absolute handwringers on here who have this “I’m alright Jack” mentality. Pathetic.

Another thing - Steven MacLean? Was talking to a St Johnstone fan this week who was openly laughing at us. St Johnstone ffs.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

I think levein deserves the summer to sort out the squad. But the squad and mentality needs to change massively for next season. Performances like today are really not acceptable. Losing is one thing. Barely even competing or failing to having any sort of a go is not acceptable for a manager of hmfc. 

Dont agree CL has shown enough to prove he’s not good enough. As for changing CL will never change.

Lucille's Thirsty

I’m torn do we get rid now or do we keep him and end up with another waste of a season while others around us get stronger?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe Gary MacKay was right about Dens Park.

Not sure what Gary Mackay said, but if I was the rock at the back of a Hearts side who needed 1 win to win the league title you'd have to kill me to stop me being a part of the side to do so.

Says a lot about a man, don't care what any of his sympathisers have to say.

57 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If you want to continue to set the team up to play anti football like we are witnessing just now do us all a favour and let someone else take over. An absolute joke of an away performance yet again. 

Once we have the players to implement it, our style of play will improve.

shaun.lawson
12 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

everyone back at corners

It's amazing how, in Levein's case, one element of his approach tells us everything we need to know about his entire approach. He thinks it's 1993 or something.

10 minutes ago, Deek said:

You cant change somebody who doesnt see an issue with their actions. Its in his psyche.

Which goes to the heart of the lack of accountability at the club. Budge should be steaming mad at that performance. But is she? 

9 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Commons got it right, go after them and put them under pressure 

Commons has seen us play a good number of away games this season. Therefore, he knew what we'd do. Defend. And some people slagged him for just telling the truth!

All Out Attack

This is simply not acceptable any more. Would everyone who is not happy with the footballing shambles we are being served up, please ensure they write to the club and Budge in particular. 

Another Levein masterclass in anti-football, utterly disgraceful. He  should be forced to come out and apologise to our travelling support, although there wasn't that many there today. How about some accountability for yet another dreadful signing in Amankwaa. 

This man is not the answer and must be punted immediately before he kills this club. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.... 

rick witter
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Levein is just paving the way for the return of Robbie ‘the messiah’ Neilson 

If he comes back then we would aswell all forgetting about it. Mini me if ever I’ve seen one. Our results patterns are almost identical away from home

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We do not have the players. You look at the bench and all he’s got to choose from is 4 seventeen year olds

All we can do is hope that he can get a better team together. We just struggle so badly away from home, I think we would have beaten Rangers if this game was at Tynecastle. We are just a different team away from home. 

It's so much more than the players. Steve Clarke didn't have the players and they've done no' too badly. We've gone through 70 odd players in four seasons. How many chances does he get to find the players? And even if he finds then what will change? Look, Levein is and has been a solid, safe manager, but that's not enough in football these days. It's about what your team does, not what the opposition does. He's been manager of DOF of this club for about seven seasons and apart from from a few months in the 1st div there has never been exciting momentum. Good results and decent league finishes, but never the hope that someone like Jefferies gave us more than once. Safe and steady is enough for some, but you can't blame folk who get bored of it. Football has left him behind. The post admin good feels we had are long, long behind. He's done. Most of see it. Good on folk who see shoots of good times ahead, but I see nothing in Leveins armour to suggest he is capable of that. It's more of the same or he goes imo. Nothing in between.  If he stays he's only delaying the inevitable. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So we do have the players then? 

We only started attacking when we were 2-0 down, which should tell you something. The mindset is all wrong away from Tynecastle. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
Just now, Bez said:

Mince we have the players to implement it, our style of play will improve.

Hows it going to change or improve with CL in charge most stubborn man in the league won’t change his philosophy.

Tokyo Drifter

Agree that we were pedestrian and  toothless as usual, and God knows I've never been a fan of Levein's style of football, but what possible line-up would have been more attacking? Lafferty and Naismith started; we had at least the threat of pace down the flanks in Amankwaa, Smith and Randall; and by the end we also had Henderson and Moore on. So I'm not sure the lineup was the problem. 

Phil Dunphy

I’d love to see Hearts approach any away game with an attacking mentality. 

We won’t though. We should just accept being mediocre. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Yes he will.

I’ve been shot down on here before for suggesting we have accepted mediocrity, but that’s the reality.

The chairperson lacks the ruthlessness to get rid of the guy, or is completely manipulated by him. Don’t know which is worse.

No he won't. Budge has effectively said herself it's top 4 or bust next season. But the problem is, even if we change managers, we'll just send Levein back upstairs again: where he's been just as big a failure.

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We don’t have the players to beat teams like Ross County, Partick Thistle and Dundee away from home? Nonsense. Absolute nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

He has to get next season and that is worrying. He will have to transform the midfield because watching that crap attitude & performance away from home won't get him past Christmas. Bring in nine new players ?  Personally , I don't think that's gonna happen.  No surprise in getting beat away from home (again) but these dire, defensive displays are just impossible to watch now. 

rick witter
Just now, Bez said:

When mate, when will it improve?? 

We have no style of play away from rrhome as you call it? It’s embarrassing and quite frankly if your average football fan can predict how we will play away from home then we don’t have much hope. 

maroonexile
2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Why would the 8th transfer window that Levein has been in charge of be any better than the previous 7? MacLean going to improve that today like?

He cannot take us forward.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, iainmac said:

So we do have the players then? 

We only started attacking when we were 2-0 down, which should tell you something. The mindset is all wrong away from Tynecastle. 

The point is, you need different players to be able to play away from home particularly midfield where let’s face it, we’re playing a right backs at the minute Smith

Tynecastle gives these average players a lift and gives them confidence, away from home the lack of quality is exposed 

Tokyo Drifter
9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Levein is just paving the way for the return of Robbie ‘the messiah’ Neilson 

Who was on the wireless, was he not, saying how it didn't matter that we lost to Birkirkara because we'd just have got hammered in the next round and besides we had Celtic and Aberdeen to play in the league coming up. 

maroonexile
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d love to see Hearts approach any away game with an attacking mentality. 

We won’t though. We should just accept being mediocre. 

We already have. From this forum to the boardroom.

1 minute ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Agree that we were pedestrian and  toothless as usual, and God knows I've never been a fan of Levein's style of football, but what possible line-up would have been more attacking? Lafferty and Naismith started; we had at least the threat of pace down the flanks in Amankwaa, Smith and Randall; and by the end we also had Henderson and Moore on. So I'm not sure the lineup was the problem. 

Amankwaa is a man short & Smith / Randall are primarily defensive minded players. 

Henderson & Moore only appeared when we were 2-0 down. Why not start with them and have a go against a fragile Rangers side in what was effectively a dead rubber for us? 

Oh great.  Another Levein out thread appears after a defeat.

Some clowns just don't want to accept that we need to rebuild this team in the summer before we can make any improvements in our style of play.  If that fails to show significant improvements by mid-September then we need to take a look at his position.

That was absolutely dire today, so poor.

I have been willing to give Levein time but there is definately something wrong with the way he sets the team up, we are like statues at times, no movement, energy, pace or creativity. Turgid. 

2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Completely missing the point, it’s not the players that’s the main problem, it’s the approach. Why play so deep against a fragile Rangers team, why stand off them, why not play the same way we played against Aberdeen. Because of Levein.

maroonexile
Just now, frankblack said:

Some clowns just don't want to accept that we need to rebuild this team in the summer before we can make any improvements in our style of play.  If that fails to show significant improvements by mid-September then we need to take a look at his position.

He’s rebuilt it half a dozen ******* times and we’re worse off. How stupid do we have to be to persist with this bullshit?

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Yes he will.

In all my lifetime (wasn’t around in the 70s) we have never been so far behind Hibs. Yet there are still the absolute handwringers on here who have this “I’m alright Jack” mentality. Pathetic.

Another thing - Steven MacLean? Was talking to a St Johnstone fan this week who was openly laughing at us. St Johnstone ffs.

He won't, the support is basically living on blind faith that he'll turn things around with a new team. If the reality sets in that we're not meeting the standards, set by him, the board and essentially the support, he'll be hounded out, or more likely, back up the his DoF job.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No he won't. Budge has effectively said herself it's top 4 or bust next season. But the problem is, even if we change managers, we'll just send Levein back upstairs again: where he's been just as big a failure.

Bet you  a pint that if he doesn't make it he will still be in a job. In any case, Hibs & Sheep will have to implode before that happens. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

So for those criticising us for not having a go, what team would you have picked today and how would you have ensured that we had enough possession to have a go?

Really am peed of at that performance and the sad thing is I seen it coming.

CL has till December I would say I would not sack him yet. 

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yip! Our squad is poor. No getting away from it. And amankwa  looks a player who doesn’t want to be here 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This place will be full of the usual stuff like this for the next few months. But when you think about what you said , it is ridiculous.  "Rebuild" a team  and then give him until September ? 

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Folk are rightly upset at yet another horrendous away performance. Don’t try and trivialise that. 

Our away form is ****ing abysmal and you’ve got to look at the person responsible. The manager. 

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He'll no get away with that next season. 

He shouldn't get away with it now either.

We arsed this season by not making the correct call on a poor manager when the season ended and we're about to repeat it again.

To go to Ibrox with that sort of attitude is unforgivable in the circumstances, utterly pathetic.

maroonexile
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He won't, the support is basically living on blind faith that he'll turn things around with a new team. If the reality sets in that we're not meeting the standards, set by him, the board and essentially the support, he'll be hounded out, or more likely, back up the his DoF job.

What’s his incentive to succeed then?

If he is able to scarper back to the comfy seats after another abject failure, how can we seriously support anything the club does?

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Why would the 8th transfer window that Levein has been in charge of be any better than the previous 7? MacLean going to improve that today like?

He cannot take us forward.

He had the last week of the summer window and the January window.   Few significant deals happen in the January window as clubs don't want to release players mid season.

Please don't claim he was manager when he was DOF - go back over the many other Levein Out threads on how that infantile assertion was debated.

Absolutely disgraceful today.

No excuses for not have a go today. 

Totally indefensible.

Class of 75

With this defeat at Ibrox Hearts are now all but confirmed as 6th and we now sit 9 points behind Kilmarnock??? and almost 20 behind Hibs. Defeated in the Scottish Cup by the pub team Motherwell. How can this be acceptable? Why are we as a fan base putting up with this? We have at least 10 times the fan base of Kilmarnock and are bigger than Hibs yet they are both in a better position on the park than Hearts. Levein will be given another season which is effectively his third at the helm in the SPL yet we as a fan base are happy to accept mediocrity. He has been allowed ti continue with his scatter gun approach to signing players snd has inducated that he would like to resign 38 year old Hughes and has signed a 36 year old past it from St Johnstone. Levein is not the man to take us forward and is only holding us back with his negative and defensive football. How can either Kilmarnock or the vermin go toe to toe with both halves of the Old Firm yet we remain timid and have secured a victory on only one occasion this season?

All Out Attack
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Unbelievable.... 

Why should the person who has led us down this mire, get yet another chance. His style if football is horrendous. 

We are a laughing stock again. We just signed a 35 year old dud, with dodgy knees, how is that going to improve us. He also wants to give the fossil Hughes another contract. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.... 

But we have a shiney new stand and some excellent 15 year old laddies. The guy is making a complete mockery of the Hearts support. In a job he doesn’t even want to be in because of his previous DoF failings and taking us absolutely nowhere. Totally shite state of affairs and will undoubtably be reflected in a drop in ST numbers. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Have a word with yourself. How many seasons now have we had to “rebuild” CL has had this defensive style of play since he has been a manager. The team that we have is full of attack minded players yet CL chooses not to utilise that he won’t change his ways for no one. I for one can’t accept another rebuilding under CL he’s simply not good enough we need a complete clear out of staff from coaches to scouts right the way through I accept clueless Ann budge wont sack him but it’ll be another season struggling for 6th place. But let’s waste time and let levein rebuild in the summer and have a change of manager mid way through no point.

4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

He’s rebuilt it half a dozen ******* times and we’re worse off. How stupid do we have to be to persist with this bullshit?

No he hasn't - stop your greeting read my previous post.

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So for those criticising us for not having a go, what team would you have picked today and how would you have ensured that we had enough possession to have a go?

I certainly wouldn’t have told the players to stand 10 yards off every time the back 4 had the ball. 

I also wouldnt have told the defence to play sideways passes amongst themselves when we’re chasing a goal. 

Archived