Levein ( merged )

rick witter

Escobar PHM
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

None of us have a clue until the first phase is over.  

Our seasons ticket sales sales are pretty near an all time high and it would be no surprise if they are down 10%ish.... if it turns out sales are much lower than this and your point is probably valid.... anything better and it’s not.

Sales shouldn't be going down when we've increased the capacity by over 3000 though. Actions have to be taken which sells the majority of those new seats, all of which are in the Hearts end of the stadium. The only action which will sell more seats is improving what is being watched. If we drop by 10%, thats 1400 ST's not renewed. I think it will be in that ballpark, possibly a little more if we're not being seen to improve the squad dramatically. A lot of people might well consider that there is no need to have an ST next season because you'll be able to pick and choose games and will be unlikely not to get a ticket for most games.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beats said:

What did Levein do to save the club? 

Surely not a serious question? 

If you can’t recall worthwhile looking at Ann comments regarding having CL as part of the team that gave her the confidence to provide the funding to save the club.

The first half set the tone, We allowed them to comfortably pass the ball around by not pressing hard enough. Now that is either player attitude or the way we were set up to play, either is unacceptable. Worryingly CL seemed to think it was all fine , as he never looked to change it, so I believe it was the way he wanted us to play. Feel sorry for the fans who travelled through 

12 minutes ago, Beats said:

What did Levein do to save the club? 

You do realise that without Craig Levein on board, there was a very real possibility Ann Budge would not have done what she did?

No, you probably don’t.

Fareastjambo

We had nothing to lose today, Rangers did. We should have had a go at them from the off. We didn't, it was the usual defensive display we've come to expect when we are away from home and even then we let in two goals. I'm a very frustrated  and angry Hearts fan today.

10 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

You do realise that without Craig Levein on board, there was a very real possibility Ann Budge would not have done what she did?

No, you probably don’t.

Great stuff.

Amazing how a defeat brings out the same old brigade screaming for the managers head.

We have an absolutely outstanding home record this season. We have added some quality players all signed by CL while manager. Both him previous managers and the owner have explained countless times CL did not sign players as DoF. 

The saddest thing I've read on this thread is people questioning the academy, that's pathetic and completely ignorant of the work that's gone into that side of the club. 

Ffs we've not even played a full season at Tynie this season.

We were beaten by the team 2nd in the league at their own ground. We're playing for nothing they are playing for the careers at the moment. 

We've turned the home form round and next season we need to work at the away form. 

Ffs..let the guy build his team and see where it gets us.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Beats said:

Great stuff.

To be fair I think there's an element of truth in what he said.

I was up for renewing season ticket for next season but Leveins comments this week about Maclean not being able to run and having bad knees and also that the Cambridge boy is a gamble just isn’t good enough. He appears to want to keep Adao who’s had one good game, he wants to keep Naismith who’s had little impact. He’s  signed Amankwaa who looks a complete waste of time. We’re losing our keeper and it’s extremely unlikely whoever we get will be as good as he is. We’ve no pace in the side and it doesn’t sound like we should expect many more additions to the squad. I’m pretty much waiting to see if there’s by miracle going to be anyone coming in that I think will improve us. If not I’m out. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Early days my friend.  Did it never occur to you that they were seriously underachieving before.

Like we are now? It’s not early days either. It’s been brutal the best part of 2 years now.   We are seriously underachieving at this point.  Last season and this season have been utterly shocking. 

5 minutes ago, Beats said:

Great stuff.

That’s it? 

You ask a question (because you thought the poster was wrong in his assertion) get told the answer and reply with that?

Great stuff.

Still should've had a go, at a very poor Rangers side, even if we still got beaten, I'd feel a whole lot better.Levein's tactics defend, defend, defend,  & hope.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, henry said:

I was up for renewing season ticket for next season but Leveins comments this week about Maclean not being able to run and having bad knees and also that the Cambridge boy is a gamble just isn’t good enough. He appears to want to keep Adao who’s had one good game, he wants to keep Naismith who’s had little impact. He’s  signed Amankwaa who looks a complete waste of time. We’re losing our keeper and it’s extremely unlikely whoever we get will be as good as he is. We’ve no pace in the side and it doesn’t sound like we should expect many more additions to the squad. I’m pretty much waiting to see if there’s by miracle going to be anyone coming in that I think will improve us. If not I’m out. 

Eh?? What ever gives you that idea, we’re just getting started!

Just now, Highways and Byways said:

That’s it? 

You ask a question (because you thought the poster was wrong in his assertion) get told the answer and reply with that?

Great stuff.

No I was just curious if there was something else I had missed that's all.

Cleared up now. 

4 minutes ago, henry said:

The transfer window isn’t open yet and as for Adao having one good game...

:cornette:

1 minute ago, Highways and Byways said:

That's one player I'd be trying to keep. He's certainly had more than one good game. 

No I was just curious if there was something else I had missed that's all.

Cleared up now. 

Apologies for the tone. Upon reflection I’m sure you miss quite a lot.

14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Amazing how a defeat brings out the same old brigade screaming for the managers head.

We have an absolutely outstanding home record this season. We have added some quality players all signed by CL while manager. Both him previous managers and the owner have explained countless times CL did not sign players as DoF. 

The saddest thing I've read on this thread is people questioning the academy, that's pathetic and completely ignorant of the work that's gone into that side of the club. 

We were beaten by the team 2nd in the league at their own ground. We're playing for nothing they are playing for the careers at the moment. 

We've turned the home form round and next season we need to work at the away form. 

:greatpost:

davemclaren

That's one player I'd be trying to keep. He's certainly had more than one good game. 

Absolutely. Poor today for whatever reason but has been really good in most of the previous games he has played. 

10 minutes ago, henry said:

A ‘we deserve better’  post.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, henry said:

We only expect another 7 or so, if the club are to be believed. 

3 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Yeah, got the run around in his last game v Dundee as well. 

I’m sure I’ve seen Levein say another couple of players and he’d be happy. I’m assuming he’s confident of deals for Mitchell, Adao & Naismith and the other 2 are the only others. I’d only want Mitchell on loan and see if they could get Milnkovic on permanent deal. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I have not seen enough of Killie to make a proper judgment. 

I do know Clarke has failed twice already in management and in view of that I would wait a bit longer before you go shouting from the rooftops.

Not that long ago Mcinnes and Wright were flavour of the day on here.

If you think Steve Clarke failed miserably twice in management yet thinks the sun shines out Craig’s arse I suggest you look again at what he done at West Bromwich and what Craig done down South.

You sit and make excuses after excuses for everything including wait for it Killie have been under achieving.  He seems to have turned killie around in under the same amount of time we have done zero under Craig.  Clarke is a much better manager this era.  There’s nothing, I mean nothing to suggest Levein is a better manager.  Gives one example?  

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this isn't putting enormous pressure on his continued employment we are in real trouble.  We really need a statement from the chair telling us that this was completely unacceptable.  At least we will then know that the matter is under consideration.

All we've had from her in the last few months has been a begging letter.

Nowhere near good enough.

Ok, so basically you want Ann Budge to come out and say it’s completely unacceptable and that the managers position is under consideration ? When he’s not had a full transfer window and he’s mid-rebuilding ? 

Thats really wise at this moment. Trying to shift season tickets and a vote of no confidence in the manager who has already started signing players for next season. The home form is very good. The away form is terrible and he will be judged on this next season.

are you renewing ?

9 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

Simply not good enough. Unfortunately he's already shaping next seasons squad so will be going nowhere. Can only hope he finds some balls next season

That'll help in training, cause on that performance today, they trained all weekinds with no balls, 

Tactics simply not good enough 

It should have been ten
21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:spoton:

Levein is a divisive presence within our club of that there is no doubt. Nobody should be bigger than Heart of Midlothian and sadly I can only see his Head Coach tenure ending one way. His philosophies are such that failure is inevitable and in time the ever increasing number of fans who want change will ensure that’s exactly what happens. Next season will likely be another insipid snorefest played out in front of thousands of empty seats at Tynecastle and see a further waste of the resources provided by a tremendously loyal fan base. Fortunately it’s now only a matter of time till things come to a head. 

9 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Adao has been solid and with him Djoum was moving into his more natural position and starting to look like a baller again. Adao has been good in front of the defence apart from after the concussion and his murdo mcleod impression. Today looked like he was still concussed at times. He was poor. Naismith has been a good addition to the team and has added a few goals although what he brings cant be quantified in just goals and assists. Amankwaa has shown moments of class and if he doesnt up it afer a preseason then we will release him after the season rather than keep him. Seems sensible. Nevermind ignoring our interest in keeping demi and milinkovic for next year... tho with those two there is a positive spin so doesnt suit the narrative. 

Our rumoured replacement for McLaughlin (if he leaves) is a quality goalkeeper but again that doesnt fit the narrative and as @davemclaren stated its only around 7 players we want to bring in. 

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Levein is a divisive presence within our club of that there is no doubt. Nobody should be bigger than Heart of Midlothian and sadly I can only see his Head Coach tenure ending one way. His philosophies are such that failure is inevitable and in time the ever increasing number of fans who want change will ensure that’s exactly what happens. Next season will likely be another insipid snorefest played out in front of thousands of empty seats at Tynecastle and see a further waste of the resources provided by a tremendously loyal fan base. Fortunately it’s now only a matter of time till things come to a head. 

Everything ends, Craig Levein WILL one day leave Hearts. There, you happy? 

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Everything ends, Craig Levein WILL one day leave Hearts. There, you happy? 

Insightful  :rolleyes:

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, fila said:

The first half set the tone, We allowed them to comfortably pass the ball around by not pressing hard enough. Now that is either player attitude or the way we were set up to play, either is unacceptable. Worryingly CL seemed to think it was all fine , as he never looked to change it, so I believe it was the way he wanted us to play. Feel sorry for the fans who travelled through 

first 5 minutes set the tone and it never changed until we were 2-0 down. honking perfomance

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Adao has been solid and with him Djoum was moving into his more natural position and starting to look like a baller again. Adao has been good in front of the defence apart from after the concussion and his murdo mcleod impression. Today looked like he was still concussed at times. He was poor. Naismith has been a good addition to the team and has added a few goals although what he brings cant be quantified in just goals and assists. Amankwaa has shown moments of class and if he doesnt up it afer a preseason then we will release him after the season rather than keep him. Seems sensible. Nevermind ignoring our interest in keeping demi and milinkovic for next year... tho with those two there is a positive spin so doesnt suit the narrative. 

Our rumoured replacement for McLaughlin (if he leaves) is a quality goalkeeper but again that doesnt fit the narrative and as @davemclaren stated its only around 7 players we want to bring in. 

I thought Laff and Naismith were frankly anonymous today. Service was atrocious but both looked laboured 

I still think there remains doubts about Lafferty being here beyond the summer. Naismith has quality as anyone can see but has not had the impact we probably hoped. How much of that is down to where he is deployed is perhaps another debate. 

We have absolutely no pace anywhere in our squad. That aligned to a lack of width, creativity, energy and a complete dearth of naturally left sided players is frankly scandalous.  Levein has overseen the composition of the playing squad for 4 years and is therefore culpable 

We need to get behind him because he is here next season whether we like it or not.  I suspect many know his his tenure is likely to end, but that remains to be seen 

6 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

You seem to be on a one man mission to keep Levein in a job, against the tide here. 

I admire you persistence, no matter how misguided it may be. Pity it won't be translated into season ticket sales. 

Craig Levein, not in my name.....

You place too much importance on the power of JKB opinion. Levein is (thankfully) going nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I thought Laff and Naismith were frankly anonymous today. Service was atrocious but both looked laboured - service to both was shocking apart from Moores pass and Naismith picking the ball up n driving but yes laboured is apt today. Both are also players who can make something out of nothing. 

I still think there remains doubts about Lafferty being here beyond the summer. Naismith has quality as anyone can see but has not had the impact we probably hoped. How much of that is down to where he is deployed is perhaps another debate. Both are clever players and you can see they go looking for the ball and drop far too deep. Design or necessity is hard to tell im leaning towards the latter for now. 

We have absolutely no pace anywhere in our squad. That aligned to a lack of width, creativity, energy and a complete dearth of naturally left sided players is frankly scandalous.  Levein has overseen the composition of the playing squad for 4 years and is therefore culpable. Undoubtably but you know i agree he has a degree of accountability - either bad decision or giving too much rope to inexperienced head coaches. Damned if you do damned if you dont. The massive changes under Cathro to accomodate his style had royally shafted us that needs to be taken on the chin. Energy - you know my feeling on our preseason iv said it for months again Pace may come into this partly , width - is there a correlation to the tynie pitch and our inability to have width away from home? 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

A - Really ? Berra was always coming back to Hearts. No need to go into the reasons why but it was quite clear why. The keeper ? Who was binned by Burton Albion and who happens to come from Edinburgh ? 

B - "People" ? Who ? Everyone ? Until I logged out tonight I didn't see  a single poster mention this. Anyways, even so, SOME posters are apparently questioning the academy  according to you ? So what ? That's got nothing to do with the crap we saw today and the crap that saw us emptied out of the cup and the litany of dire performances away from home. 

C- That is pathetic. Really, truly pathetic. The club has proved this season that it doesn't have the coaching ability to improve players. When Cathro was binned we didn't have anyone in house to take over apart from CLs pal. McPhee couldn't apparently take over because he has a specific role within the club that means he is not suitable for the role ?  He is the tactical genius ?  What does he do - not that I really care any longer. Christ, a multi million pound business didn't even have succession planning in place and had to coerce its DOF to take over the role as MANAGER not head coach. 

If you're content with the situation , that's Ok. Just say it but stop picking up on selective points to try and make out everyone else is wrong. If you're happy, just say it. We won't hate you. Honest. 

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

You place too much importance on the power of JKB opinion. Levein is (thankfully) going nowhere. 

??

11 minutes ago, Bez said:

No , he doesn't. You're just trying to be a smart arse as usual. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Surely not! 

Mothy just likes to stir it up. Purports to be a big Levein man as many do on here. Getting harder and harder to substantiate their unwavering support I suspect 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A - Really ? Berra was always coming back to Hearts. No need to go into the reasons why but it was quite clear why. The keeper ? Who was binned by Burton ****ing Albion and who happens to come from Edinburgh ? 

Guess Notts is the person to ask on the ins n outs my understanding was he refused a new contract. As an aside hes been a good acquisition as has Adao , Naismith , Mitchell and Milinkovic. Callachan - squad player but its cover and Amankwaa - we cant judge fairly yet.

B - "People" ? Who ? Everyone ? Until I logged out tonight I didn't see  a single poster mention this. Anyways, even so, SOME posters are apparently questioning the academy  according to you ? So what ? That's got nothing to do with the crap we saw today and the crap that saw us emptied out of the cup and the litany of dire performances away from home.

There have been people saying the academy is essentially a joke its produced nothing and wont. Irrelevant to today yes but appropriate as it was raised on here. The cup game was a sore one as much because it was ours to lose and a once a season strike beat us. The away form is honking but weve no pace to counterattack no midfield to play through and no targetman to hold the ball up and have an out and little energy to pressure the other team. 

C- That is pathetic. Really, truly pathetic. The club has proved this season that it doesn't have the coaching ability to improve players. When Cathro was binned we didn't have anyone in house to take over apart from CLs pal. McPhee couldn't apparently take over because he has a specific role within the club that means he is not suitable for the role ?  He is the tactical genius ?  What does he do - not that I really care any longer. Christ, a multi million pound business didn't even have succession planning in place and had to coerce its DOF to take over the role as MANAGER not head coach. 

Football clubs just don’t work like that on the football side. I cant comment on the actual coaching as Im not invloved in it to compare to any iv been involved with. 

If you're content with the situation , that's Ok. Just say it but stop ****ing picking up on selective points to try and make out everyone else is wrong. If you're happy, just say it. We won't hate you. Honest. 

??

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Because I disagree? Aye sound. 

“smart arse”? Let’s be honest it’s not difficult on here these days. 

Just now, Spencer said:

Surely not! 

Mothy just likes to stir it up. Purports to be a big Levein man as many do on here. Getting harder and harder to substantiate their unwavering support I suspect 

I need to get up to speed. Didn't know there'd been so many name changes. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Surely not! 

Spencer surely it must be clear that those that support look at a bigger picture , you could replace Levein with a n other id have the same position due to other factors. If they change and we dont improve then my position changes not until

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A - Really ? Berra was always coming back to Hearts. No need to go into the reasons why but it was quite clear why. The keeper ? Who was binned by Burton ****ing Albion and who happens to come from Edinburgh ? 

If you're content with the situation , that's Ok. Just say it but stop ****ing picking up on selective points to try and make out everyone else is wrong. If you're happy, just say it. We won't hate you. Honest. 

You are calling it too honestly for some on here mate 

Can't argue with a word of you post. I suspect many purport to defend Levein on here in order to take a contrary position and therefore engage in a spat. Surely those who staunchly defend him know deep down the football his team play is truly ****ing garbage 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Spencer surely it must be clear that those that support look at a bigger picture , you could replace Levein with a n other id have the same position due to other factors. If they change and we dont improve then my position changes not until

It's beyond Levein. The quality  of coaching needs reviewed. It's not working and it needs to be fixed. 

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Because I disagree? Aye sound. 

“smart arse”? Let’s be honest it’s not difficult on here these days

You're right, It's not difficult but you still fail at it. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

How do the club explain the August cluster****? It took weeks to replace Cathro before we realised the answer lay within. Did that procrastination merely allow the club to abstain from the transfer activity needed? 

There is no point in replacing Levein as Manager or Head Coach whilst he remains in DoF capacity because no self respecting manager will work under him 

Today was atrocious but no less atrocious than last visit to Ibrox or two trips to Easter Road. That tells me we are learning nothing 

Those who defend him staunchly believe there is going to be a recruitment spree this summer that he will oversee that will be diametrically different from the last few years. I see nothing to substantiate that other than pure blind faith 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How do the club explain the August cluster****? It took weeks to replace Cathro before we realised the answer lay within. Did that procrastination merely allow the club to abstain from the transfer activity needed? 

There is no point in replacing Levein as Manager or Head Coach whilst he remains in DoF capacity because no self respecting manager will work under him 

Today was atrocious but no less atrocious than last visit to Ibrox or two trips to Easter Road. That tells me we are learning nothing 

Those who defend him staunchly believe there is going to be a recruitment spree this summer that he will oversee that will be diametrically different from the last few years. I see nothing to substantiate that other than pure blind faith 

We'll find out in the next few months how successful, or otherwise, our recruitment will be. 

2 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Give the man the summer ffs

I thought it was the winter break?

Or is it Cathro 2017 you are talking about?

Its hard to keep up.

What in the summer is going to happen to dramatically change the fortunes we are in just now? 

Archived