Levein ( merged )

rick witter

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The bickering won't stop till levein has gone, then it will start again until Budge has gone. Some folk won't let what ever it is go. Shit result away from home in a pointless game. No surprises and no need for the pant wetting.

Shit results AND performances away from home ALL season.

No pantwetting going on.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Out Attack
Just now, jambopilms said:

The bickering won't stop till levein has gone, then it will start again until Budge has gone. Some folk won't let what ever it is go. Shit result away from home in a pointless game. No surprises and no need for the pant wetting.

Not sure Budge is causing too much grief and I don't know anyone asking for her to stand down either. 

She may get some grief for holding into Levein for too long, but she has done some incredible work here. 

Craig Levein, not in my name..... 

Just now, jambopilms said:

According to Levein these games are not meaningless, "pointless" and still a lot to play for, his words.

Selkirkhmfc1874

It's not so much the result that bothers so many it's the manner of it by sitting back , defensive set up and not having a go !! If we have a go and get beat most hearts supporters will say at least we had a go 

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Against the tide.... it’s you that is in the small minority. These games mean nothing and the judgement on CL will begin after the summer transfer window.  No indication that we are seeing weaker sales for next season.

Really fascinating to observe someone who, at a time we were lurching rapidly towards financial catastrophe, spent more than half a season droning on and on about how it was all the manager's fault, suddenly become the ostrich par excellence when our circumstances are completely different.

Funny old game, Saint.

rick witter
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Your comments are everything that is wrong with Hearts. Acceptance of defeat is an absolute disgrace. And you can take a **** to yourself

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The argument around timing manager changes in relation to transfer windows is a red herring. At most, transfer windows are five months away. So best case scenario you're firing a manager two and half months after he's had one or two and a half months before the next one. At some point you just need to take a risk. If you're argument is wait until the next transfer window then that will never end. Every manager at all times has a transfer window coming up to try and change things. 

Also, when this whole setup began in 2014 one of the main reasons from the club to justify it was better succession planning and less need to tear up squads. Yet here we are again for about the 8th window in a row needing to tear up the squad. Just absolutely colossal mismanagement. Leveins looking more and more out of his depth as a modern football manager and Budge looking more and more out of hers with each season so far. 

Escobar PHM
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Its certainly not a surprise for a Levein team to get beat at Ibrox. Christ knows what his record is there in his career over the years but it can't make good reading. He's been shitting his pants there since he was a laddie.

I'm pretty surprised today in particular about the manner of the defeat. We had nothing to lose, we can't go upwards or downwards from where we are. What on earth was the point of sitting in, standing off and trying to frustrate a team who's heads have been down all week, who's fans have completely switched off the team and who's manager isn't going to be there beyond next month and everyone already knows it.

If ever a team were asking to be pressured from the off, today was it. He needs to go. He'll be impacting on ST sales I have no doubt and I have no doubt his recruitment plans will lead directly to another written off season and another pile of wasted resources that we're tied to for another 3 years.

How folk can't see the chasm we're staring down by keeping this dinosaur in charge is beyond me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Alma Matters said:

Since when was playing Hibs meaningless?

In terms of league position meaningless. 

rick witter
12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Thread is reeking.

:bolt:

:getout:

:pleased::fth:

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Thread is reeking.

Boring infantile tripe. Sad to see a small section of our support meekly accepting the results under a manager who lacks drive , bravery and that all important winning mentality. Sad to see how the standards of our great club have slipped. Levein Out.

Mars plastic

In a nutshell, we’re pish, and we’re going to be pish again next season.

Still going to renew as we want to keep the seats we’ve had for 13 years. 

rick witter
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its certainly not a surprise for a Levein team to get beat at Ibrox. Christ knows what his record is there in his career over the years but it can't make good reading. He's been shitting his pants there since he was a laddie.

I'm pretty surprised today in particular about the manner of the defeat. We had nothing to lose, we can't go upwards or downwards from where we are. What on earth was the point of sitting in, standing off and trying to frustrate a team who's heads have been down all week, who's fans have completely switched off the team and who's manager isn't going to be there beyond next month and everyone already knows it.

If ever a team were asking to be pressured from the off, today was it. He needs to go. He'll be impacting on ST sales I have no doubt and I have no doubt his recruitment plans will lead directly to another written off season and another pile of wasted resources that we're tied to for another 3 years.

How folk can't see the chasm we're staring down by keeping this dinosaur in charge is beyond me.

Exactly it was like shooty in 2 1 going on 6 1. We wanted a draw what an absolute disgrace 

16 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Thread is reeking.

Ah well, at least that's better than reading about UFOs. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its certainly not a surprise for a Levein team to get beat at Ibrox. Christ knows what his record is there in his career over the years but it can't make good reading.

Actually agree with a lot of what you say today. The Academy would suggest different in totality of the dinosaur jibe.

You mentioned pressing Rangers. They actually did that very well against us today. 

It's not so simple to enforce your will but these 5 games we could have let the hand brake off. And yes to stick stubbornly without reason to the compact formation reflects badly upon the boss

SpruceBringsteen

Wondered aloud last night to the wife if I should set the alarm for 7am to watch the game. We both got a good laugh out of that one.

Numb to our away games now tbh.

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

In a nutshell, we’re pish, and we’re going to be pish again next season.

Still going to renew as we want to keep the seats we’ve had for 13 years. 

2 of our wee group of 6 were at Ibrox today and text on the way back that they are not renewing. Thats 4 out of six not renewing and 2 undecided. This is guys who have been going for 30 years apiece and they've just had enough.

Dagger Is Back
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Shit results AND performances away from home ALL season.

No pantwetting going on.

Absolutely this. Some folks pretend that today is a one off.  We're a very poor team with a Head Coach who chooses not to play attacking football. He has less than 8 months to sort it but I fear he's a dead man walking 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

2 of our wee group of 6 were at Ibrox today and text on the way back that they are not renewing. Thats 4 out of six not renewing and 2 undecided.

We never even discussed goung. Been there once and Parkhead twice this season. That’s more than enough punishment for one season 

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's not so much the result that bothers so many it's the manner of it by sitting back , defensive set up and not having a go !! If we have a go and get beat most hearts supporters will say at least we had a go 

My view as well Selkirk. Bloody sick watching us go away from home set up not to lose rather than have a go at teams. Today was perfect for leveins to show another side to his set up away from home and he didnt. It's boring and even the most loyal diehards forking out a lot of money in tickets, travel etc to away games must surely wonder why bother at times

We are certainly not pish at home. 

Away , yes we are.  I’ve only went to about 7 or 8 away games this season (2 at Easter Road), but won’t be going to any again until there’s a marked improvement entertaining wise (at the least).

i don’t go near Parkhead or Ibrox because quite frankly it’s a waste of my time and money because we are almost always pathetic there.

Its a huge window and season ahead for CL. I don’t doubt that season tickets will inevitably be down so there’s absolutely no room for error next season. 

Luscious Laryea

Been committed and always at least watched the game on t.v. if I've not been at the away game.

Couldn't even be arsed this time and can tell exactly how the game went in spite of not having seen any of it. Feel so indifferent about us just now, pretty much apathetic. Only so many dire negative away games you can take.

So frustrating since we have such solid home form and we all know we are capable of so much better. We have superior players to everyone bar the OF, Aberdeen and, let's be honest Hibs. Embarrassing we struggle to beat anybody away from Tynie.

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Away , yes we are.  I’ve only went to about 7 or 8 away games this season (2 at Easter Road), but won’t be going to any again until there’s a marked improvement entertaining wise (at the least).

i don’t go near Parkhead or Ibrox because quite frankly it’s a waste of my time and money because we are almost always pathetic there.

Its a huge window and season ahead for CL. I don’t doubt that season tickets will inevitably be down so there’s absolutely no room for error next season. 

We were back in Edinburgh before full time when we played at Parkhead earlier this year. 

rab obanheartsno1
33 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Just as a matter of interest how do you get to Easter Road 3 hours quicker than Tynecastle.

I stay in Oban , the clues in the name smart arse

23 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Spot on

ford donald
3 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Plot twist: 

Frankblack is Craig Levein. 

Suspected that.

Escobar PHM

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

There shouldn't be such a marked difference in your home and away results and performance levels and tactics. Its the same group of players playing against the same teams on pitches more or less the same size and in stadiums for the most part, less pressurised than Tynecastle. I'm not expecting miracles at Celtic Park or Ibrox but I just don't get why we have to go there and cower away in the corner waiting for them to beat us. If we get beat having a go and making them work for it then fine. If we have that attitude we'll gather a few points here and there through there anyway. Its places like Dundee, Ross Co, Partick I take issue with. Those teams should be fearing our visit and planning all week on how to stop us winning and be very happy if they held us to the odd draw. Teams like THAT are actually coming to Tynecastle believing they've got a chance if they play it right because as soon as a team shows us their teeth, even at Tynecastle, we're away back into our shell. Its depressing and predictable as feck.

Walter Bishop

We are horrible and things wont change unless there is a complete over haul of the footballing dept. 

Today`s performance was bordering disgusting, and i dont blame the players at all.  Levein should personally reimburse every single Hearts fan that paid to watch that today! 

132goals1958
4 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

I stay in Oban , the clues in the name smart arse

Was well aware of that hence why I asked the question.

If we get a midfield we would be able to keep the ball better. Until we do I'm not expecting much more from trips to Glasgow. If we get a midfield then we are still shit away from home then Levein will be in bother 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

I suspect a number on here who say they are not renewing don,t have one to renew anyway.

The two you have quoted do have STs. Not for Tynecastle though.

While I'm as angry as anyone about our away performances we don't sell STs  for away games. 

We are unbeaten since going back to Tynecastle and there have been some highlights.

People urging other Hearts fans not to renew their ST is Hibs type behaviour imo.

On today's match I can't understand the managers mindset. We had nothing to lose we should at least be trying to entertain the fans in a dead rubber.

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

While I'm as angry as anyone about our away performances we don't sell STs  for away games. 

We are unbeaten since going back to Tynecastle and there have been some highlights.

People urging other Hearts fans not to renew their ST is Hibs type behaviour imo.

On today's match I can't understand the managers mindset. We had nothing to lose we should at least be trying to entertain the fans in a dead rubber.

Exactly

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

11 attempts to 10

6 attempts on target to 3

3 corners to 0 

sounds like shutting them out for 70 mins? We must have been great in that first 20 mins. They hit the post but other than that big Jon never had a save to make. Were you at the game? 

Yes, I was. Which is why I know we didn’t ‘out play’ them. They were dreadful going forward but make no mistake, we weren’t great thy day either. 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Heres some news for you. We don't play all our matches at Tynecastle and in any case we've drawn far too many games there this season, despite there being 3 or 4 decent games where we performed and won well. 3 or 4 games a season where you perform and win well is and will put people off buying season tickets, particularly if your away form is leaving you mid table with half a dozen meaningless end of season home games thrown in with that ticket.

I'm undecided about renewing. It will depend on who's coming in and/or who's going to be coaching them. I don't care or have any opinion or any interest in what everyone else does.I'm certainly not urging anyone to do one thing or another, just opining that numbers will be down if the course of the first team isn't changed

19 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

There shouldn't be such a marked difference in your home and away results and performance levels and tactics. Its the same group of players playing against the same teams on pitches more or less the same size and in stadiums for the most part, less pressurised than Tynecastle. I'm not expecting miracles at Celtic Park or Ibrox but I just don't get why we have to go there and cower away in the corner waiting for them to beat us. If we get beat having a go and making them work for it then fine. If we have that attitude we'll gather a few points here and there through there anyway. Its places like Dundee, Ross Co, Partick I take issue with. Those teams should be fearing our visit and planning all week on how to stop us winning and be very happy if they held us to the odd draw. Teams like THAT are actually coming to Tynecastle believing they've got a chance if they play it right because as soon as a team shows us their teeth, even at Tynecastle, we're away back into our shell. Its depressing and predictable as feck.

I agree with many of your points except the part at Tynecastle which they be fair to CL he has built into a fortress once again.

the difference between Home and away performances is shocking and will ultimately determine his fate if it continues. 

To be fair he has said he needs 7 or 8 so I’d imagine he’s well aware of the shortcomings especially in midfield.

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, barcajambo said:

Levein won’t go, he has it all tied up nicely for himself between him and John Colquhoun.

Steven MacClean is another one in a long list of duds that Craig Levein has bought from his wee mate Colquhoun, between selling us shite and the whole box soccer deal the guy is making a fortune out the club.

The style of football is awful, the signing and contracts over the last 4 years have been dreadful and us fans are being taken for absolute mugs.

The best post on this thread! Levein is in this for Levein, nothing else and the sooner people wake up and realise the better. 

Crowds are down, the football is atrocious, signings defy belief, money being wasted is ridiculous and season tickets wont be as high as last year.

Yet some people want to give this guy a summer?? 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No he's not. Sales are down for next season because of the man in charge , the power he commands and the dull, attritional football that he serves up. Make no mistake , Levein has been well remunerated by the club over the last 4 years. He is being judged on his performance.and decision making over that entire period. The jury are now delivering their verdict. 

What evidence do you have that sales are down? 

Escobar PHM
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree with many of your points except the part at Tynecastle which they be fair to CL he has built into a fortress once again.

the difference between Home and away performances is shocking and will ultimately determine his fate if it continues. 

To be fair he has said he needs 7 or 8 so I’d imagine he’s well aware of the shortcomings especially in midfield.

6 wins and 6 draws at Tynecastle in the league this season. Thats a fortress ?

58 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Really fascinating to observe someone who, at a time we were lurching rapidly towards financial catastrophe, spent more than half a season droning on and on about how it was all the manager's fault, suddenly become the ostrich par excellence when our circumstances are completely different.

Funny old game, Saint.

Think you might be making a mistake... I supported Locke. 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

What evidence do you have that sales are down? 

The absence of a club statement on the numbers of sales we usually get is a pointer, if not direct evidence.

32 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If we get a midfield we would be able to keep the ball better. Until we do I'm not expecting much more from trips to Glasgow. If we get a midfield then we are still shit away from home then Levein will be in bother 

Sssssh....imagine typing logic in amongst the madness

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

The absence of a club statement on the numbers of sales we usually get is a pointer, if not direct evidence.

I’ve no idea on sales so far but we had similar last season in terms of a lack release of numbers sold. Personally, I would be surprised if we sell as many, unless we pull some inspiring signings out the bag. 

Thought Police

Don’t get the logic in not renewing when we’re actually okay at home.

15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

None of us have a clue until the first phase is over.  

Our seasons ticket sales sales are pretty near an all time high and it would be no surprise if they are down 10%ish.... if it turns out sales are much lower than this and your point is probably valid.... anything better and it’s not.

Archived