Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Fair enough... looking back and they were announced on 23rd May and 2nd June respectively. Both PCA's as you say, but the season was effectively over and they seemed like window signings.

I was more thinking of the deals that get done between Jan and Apr, where players finish out the season with their current clubs. Like Aberdeen signing Tansey last year in March, and our deal for MacLean.

It seems like in early Bosman days it was much more common practice to reach Jan and then approach targets to seek PCA's with players reaching the end of contracts, but I guess many hedge their bets these days to get better deals if they wait.

Anyway... I like the idea of getting work done in advance, even if the more exciting names are still to come!

Fair play mate I see what you’re saying.  

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Just had an interesting conversation with someone very well connected at the club.

They told me Charlie Adam and Darren Fletcher will be at Hearts come the summer.... don’t shoot me, just passing it on.

thanks for passing it on. Even though its another two older players, you cant doubt Adam's ability and Darren Fletchers professionalism and work rate would put Don Cowie to shame and thats saying something. Though as with most rumours like this I wont hold my breath but would be delighted if true.

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Oh I don't know but maybe you should wait until the end of the window before commenting? That window that isn't even open yet.

:clyay:

TheAntiHibee
33 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Just had an interesting conversation with someone very well connected at the club.

They told me Charlie Adam and Darren Fletcher will be at Hearts come the summer.... don’t shoot me, just passing it on.

:levein_interesting:

54 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Fletcher will only ever be back in Scotland to coach at his beloved Celtic. 

Edinburgh lad and his auld man still lives in Edinburgh I believe

you never know

he must be minted

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

you never know

he must be minted

Really nice people live next to my in laws at eskbank. This is not happening 

Oh well. It’s been put out by Fandango.

I was told the same last week about Adam and Fletcher. Been offered deals.

Same source spread the word about Naismith. 

8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

you never know

he must be minted

Hes from Dalkeith/further up.  

He’s got two years left at Stoke and is still good enough to play for Celtic if he chose to head up the road.  He won’t though, he’s firmly based in England. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Oh well. It’s been put out by Fandango.

I was told the same last week about Adam and Fletcher. Been offered deals.

Same source spread the word about Naismith. 

How can we offer a deal to a player with 2 years left on a premiership wage. 

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Could get released if Stoke go down, might want to come up the road. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

thanks for passing it on. Even though its another two older players, you cant doubt Adam's ability and Darren Fletchers professionalism and work rate would put Don Cowie to shame and thats saying something. Though as with most rumours like this I wont hold my breath but would be delighted if true.

When I first read your post I was thinking :wtf: 

by questioning Don Cowies workrate and professionalism.

Then I actually got your point!

???

Jambo jambo
2 minutes ago, JME said:

Could get released if Stoke go down, might want to come up the road. Just a thought.

Hes out of contract at end of season

1 minute ago, Jambo jambo said:

I hadn't looked into it, would be an excellent piece of business.

tin hat on here

I'm not sure if getting both Adam and Fletcher in together would be the best idea, i know the prem is a big step up from scottish football but when they've played in that stoke team, particularly together they've looked horrendous imo, I think they both offer experience and would both teach a hell of a lot to the youngsters, they have some great attributes but they both move like they're in treacle, I'd personally rather sign one of them and surround him with mobile/combative players like adao and djoum (unless one of them doesn't mind sitting on the bench) 

right i'm away to hide

15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Hes from Dalkeith/further up.  

He’s got two years left at Stoke and is still good enough to play for Celtic if he chose to head up the road.  He won’t though, he’s firmly based in England. 

Mayfield , think there is a big celtic community [I know] there . Sure one of the pubs Huntsman [?] was/is a 'celtic' pub

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

tin hat on here

I'm not sure if getting both Adam and Fletcher in together would be the best idea, i know the prem is a big step up from scottish football but when they've played in that stoke team, particularly together they've looked horrendous imo, I think they both offer experience and would both teach a hell of a lot to the youngsters, they have some great attributes but they both move like they're in treacle, I'd personally rather sign one of them and surround him with mobile/combative players like adao and djoum (unless one of them doesn't mind sitting on the bench) 

right i'm away to hide

Agreed, perhaps for Fletcher in particular, theres a pay as u play deal similar to what's discussed on other posts about Hughes so maybe less expectation of a game every week. Would help to have a picture of who's out based on the chats over the weekend that Levein was meant to be having to get an idea oaf the balance. I just hope the guys "show up" every week and do what's expected of them. 

Definitely still need some attacking mids in consideration.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

tin hat on here

right i'm away to hide

Agree. I'd happily Adam though, his passing and set pieces could add qualities we've been missing. Ideally though we need legs and pace in midfield. I'd take signing Adao over both tbh. 

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Is that similar to the myth that we need a squad of non-playing, elderly mentors on the payroll?

Big Picture yada yada blah

No but we dispelled the 'dads army' myth 35 years ago and proved having good pros on the strength can reap rewards well after they have hung up their boots never mind their contribution on the pitch. Robbo, CL and Gary Mackay will testify to that.

Difficult to persuade people who have their heids so full of yada yada blah though and make their mind up in advance.

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

tin hat on here

right i'm away to hide

I think it’s a fair point. We are sorely lacking pace in the team, Adam and Fletcher would bring quality but would there be enough pace if they were both playing. Would be a good problem to have!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wish Craig Levein was my bestie.

Save me the torture of the transfer window 

:sob:

rick witter
39 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Exactly what a load of nonsense 

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Loads of miners came through from the West when mayfield was built (60s I think). I was brought up there but in a non-mining non-weegie hearts family!

Huntsman was hearts pub , rowantree was Celtic pub ! All pubs in Mayfield gone now except community club 

Selkirkhmfc1874
31 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Mayfield , think there is a big celtic community [I know] there . Sure one of the pubs Huntsman [?] was/is a 'celtic' pub

Huntsman was hearts pub, rowantree used 2 be mainly Celtic pub ! All pubs in Mayfield gone now except community club 

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Darren Fletcher isn’t out of contract so how could we have offered him a deal? 

53 minutes ago, JME said:

Theres no way Fletcher is moving up to Scotland to play football. 

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Darren Fletcher isn’t out of contract so how could we have offered him a deal? 

By speaking to his parent club and asking if we can offer him a deal.

It’s not exactly rocket science :lol:

Edited by Homme

8 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Please stop talking shite. He signed a two year deal with Stoke in June 2017.

Just so everyone knows the above poster sent me a PM asking for info saying he worked for Hearts. He then said he was Scott Wilson.

Anything he says is nonsense.

Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Theres no way Fletcher is moving up to Scotland to play football. 

Like I said was just a thought. Heard all the same chat from when the likes of Berra, Lafferty, Naismith were linked with us so I am not one to just rubbish it.

Nor am I getting my hopes up.

52 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

No he isn’t.  He only went to Stoke last summer because West Brom only offered him a 1 year deal.  He got 3 at Stoke. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Please stop talking shite. He signed a two year deal with Stoke in June 2017.

Just so everyone knows the above poster sent me a PM asking for info saying he worked for Hearts. He then said he was Scott Wilson.

Anything he says is nonsense.

:lol::lol: That's just incredible.

16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Huntsman was hearts pub , rowantree was Celtic pub ! All pubs in Mayfield gone now except community club 

I stand corrected . Once in the Huntsman , long time ago , 5 people in pub , fight broke out involving glasses and bottles . Never went back

Just now, JME said:

Like I said was just a thought. Heard all the same chat from when the likes of Berra, Lafferty, Naismith were linked with us so I am not one to just rubbish it.

Nor am I getting my hopes up.

Fair enough and I see your point.  Fletcher is a different kettle of fish though.  Celtic only there’s a slight chance as he’s a Celtic supporter but no chance anyone else and give up a Premiership wage.  

46 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

He was brought up the road near St David’s.  I’ve no idea of the community played football with him when we where wee boys and have a couple of mutual mates. 

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Fair enough and I see your point.  Fletcher is a different kettle of fish though.  Celtic only there’s a slight chance as he’s a Celtic supporter but no chance anyone else and give up a Premiership wage.  

You make a good point, we'll just see what happens. Adam obviously sounds the more likely of the two to come to us.

I don’t get this desire for us to sign Adam. Yes, he can pass the ball but he’s slow as feck and his best days are well behind him.

1 minute ago, Jambo jambo said:

Not really, no need to.

You've got nothing to say about sending me a PM saying you are Scott Wilson???

rick witter
15 minutes ago, Homme said:

By speaking to his parent club and asking if we can offer him a deal.

It’s not exactly rocket science :lol:

Eh how on earth can you do that. 

You cant just randomly speak to players that are under contract at other clubs. At the end of the season Stoke may release him then maybe yes. 

Anyway as has been pointed out it’s total fantasy stuff. 

rick witter
10 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Fletcher has a release clause if stoke get relegated im told.

You have been told nothing your talking nonsense 

Maybe all these big names are interested in coaching and fancy a shot at being head coach once Daly, Foxy and Kirky have had a shot.  So long as they are willing to have MacPhee as assistant head coach of course.  Meanwhile they can do a bit of mentoring.

Mcgregor

godinho Berra souttar Mitchell 

Adam fletcher

Milinkovic  Naismith  amankwaa

Lafferty 

Shovelly Joe

Why is there such negativity just now?  We’re debt free with a cracking new stand.  Some promising young players coming through and the spine of a good side - Berra, Souttar, Cowie and Lafferty.  We’re signing players, attacking players who will strengthen the squad with more to come.  The midfield needs a revamp but that will happen.  Let’s see where we are at the start of pre-season.  Chill and enjoy it.  Oh and FTH.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Screenshot_20180417-213849_Messenger.jpg

wait, and this goes on that message from Scott Wilson being real and not a random person called Scott who has a picture of Scott Wilson as his profile pic,  in trying to prove you have been told something from someone at Hearts after moaning about someone revealing a private message you are outing Scott Wilson's private message. 

Either you are lying or an idiot.