Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

46 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Worryingly off the bench. Surely we should only be signing absolute stand outs from a team as bad as Dundee Utd. Good goal mind you.

He's just back from serious injury.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Worryingly off the bench. Surely we should only be signing absolute stand outs from a team as bad as Dundee Utd. Good goal mind you.

I’m pretty sure uniteds poor form started when Fraser got injured. Guy I know is a united fan and he reckons Fraser is a cracking player. 

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Edited by Russ1977

Jamboscanbevicius

Really hope there is substance to the Scott Fraser link and we nail it down. He has great potential but if he knocks in a few like that strike last night before end of the season he may have a few other offers! 

Escobar PHM
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

If you think his assessment isn't bad, what exactly is the right price that we'd accept for Arnaud "long term injury" Djoum?

As the author suggested, we'd bite a hand off for a half decent offer for him. I'd go as far as to say we'd probably accept just about any token offer to get him off the wage bill now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

As the author suggested, we'd bite a hand off for a half decent offer for him. I'd go as far as to say we'd probably accept just about any token offer to get him off the wage bill now.

:rofl:

Week before he got injured him and Adao were brilliant against St Johnstone. Unfortunate that a freak and unusual and undeniable injury struck him as he was getting back to his best.

If we got a good offer yes, but we are not selling him for a bag of Jelly Beans.

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:rofl:

Week before he got injured him and Adao were brilliant against St Johnstone. Unfortunate that a freak and unusual and undeniable injury struck him as he was getting back to his best.

If we got a good offer yes, but we are not selling him for a bag of Jelly Beans.

He has a year left so its sell him in the summer or not at all. I cant count his good games like the above in the last 18 months on one hand. £300k and I'll drive him anywhere he needs to get to myself.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

He has a year left so its sell him in the summer or not at all. I cant count his good games like the above in the last 18 months on one hand. £300k and I'll drive him anywhere he needs to get to myself.

Not going to happen with a snapped Achilles is it? Pointless conversation probably until October. I think he will be with us for some time to come, think his ship may have sailed for a big move. Very good player on form with the correct support

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not going to happen with a snapped Achilles is it? Pointless conversation probably until October. I think he will be with us for some time to come, think his ship may have sailed for a big move. Very good player on form with the correct support

Ah yes, hadn't tracked what was happening with the injury right enough. We'll have to hope that we get a bit more worth out of him from the Autumn time then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ah yes, hadn't tracked what was happening with the injury right enough. We'll have to hope that we get a bit more worth out of him from the Autumn time then.

If Adao comes back frees Djoum to play a more dynamic role, very good in the home cup ties playing more aggressively

United Slumped quite badly when Scott Fraser was injured and have picked up considerably since he returned coincidence? Probably not

his injuries are a concern but clearly a good player

Cruyff Turn
48 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’m pretty sure uniteds poor form started when Fraser got injured. Guy I know is a united fan and he reckons Fraser is a cracking player. 

He's way too good for the Championship. Great striker and passer of a ball and I'm sure we will see that next season. 

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

He's injured til October, we're getting no bids for him and the guy clearly didn't know that, nor that we have plenty of right backs, nor that we want to keep Naismith. You're easily impressed if you think his assessment wasn't bad!

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's injured til October, we're getting no bids for him and the guy clearly didn't know that, nor that we have plenty of right backs, nor that we want to keep Naismith. You're easily impressed if you think his assessment wasn't bad!

If you repeatedly say we are a shambles, Levein is responsible for world famine and we only sign geriatrics on three deals you will be welcome to join the family grimm.

19 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

This thread getting closed when the 3rd player is announced?

44 pages of utter shite.

Genuinely made me laugh?

1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

44 pages of utter shite.

Thread title update

rick witter
3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I would do exactly that. Accept any offer that comes our way for him. His hearts not in it playing for us. Time for him and us to move on. 

rick witter
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He was never good enough to get a big move despite touting himself at every opportunity for one no clubs were interested because his form for Hearts has been average at best. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He was never good enough to get a big move despite touting himself at every opportunity for one no clubs were interested because his form for Hearts has been average at best. 

Until post split when it was well above average. Adao gave us 2 new players with Arnauds improvement. Been on the whole a fine player.  VFM

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would do exactly that. Accept any offer that comes our way for him. His hearts not in it playing for us. Time for him and us to move on. 

Abso!ute  nonsense. He looked completely transformed beside Adao. The St  J game was one of his best in a Hearts jersey. I'd love to see them together for an extended spell.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Until post split when it was well above average. Adao gave us 2 new players with Arnauds improvement. Been on the whole a fine player.  VFM

the Adao thing could be a bit of a red herring as djoum has had lots of good games in all sorts of positions for hearts long before adao turned up 

motherwell and Hamilton away earlier in the season for 2 when he was playing in his so-called unfavoured deeper role (although isn't that the role he plays at a much higher level for his country?)

easily good enough for us but due to reasons best known to him way to inconsistent and rarely turns up when we need him most

should get his big move soon (hopefully)

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I genuinely can’t renember him ever touting himself to anyone at any time???? When was this?

rick witter
40 minutes ago, ericb said:

I genuinely can’t renember him ever touting himself to anyone at any time???? When was this?

Every interview he done he was either going to be playing in England then it was going to be France. The fact is he isn’t even consistent enough for Hearts so nobody else wanted him. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Abso!ute  nonsense. He looked completely transformed beside Adao. The St  J game was one of his best in a Hearts jersey. I'd love to see them together for an extended spell.

I would say he has had 2 good games this season maybe 3. Not good enough. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

44 pages of utter shite.

lol

or update to next 7 players to be signed.

imagine. 

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would say he has had 2 good games this season maybe 3. Not good enough. 

Djoum isn't good enough for Hearts? He's had two lengthy injuries this season and was looking very good when they happened. 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Djoum isn't good enough for Hearts? He's had two lengthy injuries this season and was looking very good when they happened. 

He was getting hammered on here on a weekly basis for his anonymous and disinterested performances. A 6/10 every week. 

He pulled out a couple of good performance before, typical of our luck, he got injured - at which point his reputation seemed to grow in line with the number of games he missed. 

But anyway, he will not be around til October-ish, so no pre-season unfortunately, and it may be Christmas til we see what kind of player he can be. 

Its all the more frustrating because he should be our main man in midfield. Hopefully he will be coming back into a better team and that will benefit him. 

Enzo Chiefo
41 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He simply doesn't have the right attitude to play for Hearts. Far too inconsistent and is regularly dominated by Hibs midfielders in the Derbies since he signed. Not a big game player imo.

rick witter
50 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

His performances when fit barring maybe 2 or 3 games have been nowhere near good enough. He has been part of a major central midfield problem we have had for the last 2 seasons. He has the ability but does not get nearly involved enough in games. He hides for the vast majority of the time. My opinion of course. I don’t think we are that much better with him or worse without him. 

Apologies for not reading all of the 49 pages, but with McLean and Uche signed, who's the 3rd offer been made to? Anyone any insights? Or any other pending offers?

Edited by Pagey

50 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Apologies for not reading all of the 49 pages, but with McLean and Uche signed, who's the 3rd offer been made to? Anyone any insights? Or any other pending offers?

If I had to guess, I'd say McGregor or Fraser.

Jamboscanbevicius

I know it's been mentioned on here before, but according to BBC McGregor is to be offered a new contract at Hull.

Hope I'm wrong, but surely he won't be turning that kind of £ down to sign for us ?!!

4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I know it's been mentioned on here before, but according to BBC McGregor is to be offered a new contract at Hull.

Hope I'm wrong, but surely he won't be turning that kind of £ down to sign for us ?!!

Berra was to be offered a new deal at Wolves and turned it down due to money not being the driver and wanted to be up here playing and be near his family. He could've got more money at the Huns if it was the factor.

Maybe Alan has a similar reason or a different reason to head back up here, if not then fingers crossed we don't end up with a Gilks situation and have a plan B in place - better still Jon stays :)

Jamboscanbevicius
2 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Berra was to be offered a new deal at Wolves and turned it down due to money not being the driver and wanted to be up here playing and be near his family. He could've got more money at the Huns if it was the factor.

Maybe Alan has a similar reason or a different reason to head back up here, if not then fingers crossed we don't end up with a Gilks situation and have a plan B in place - better still Jon stays :)

Good point, and I hope you're right, but I think Berra has much more attachment to us than McGregor.

The potential for a Gilks situation is what worries me though. Having JM has made a huge difference this year. Going back to Hamilton or a punt on a Wyscout target would be a worry!

16 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Good point, and I hope you're right, but I think Berra has much more attachment to us than McGregor.

The potential for a Gilks situation is what worries me though. Having JM has made a huge difference this year. Going back to Hamilton or a punt on a Wyscout target would be a worry!

Think Alan was a jambo as a kid, hopefully that's all that's needed to sway it :)

Plenty good keepers down South if Plan A doesn't come to pass for whatever reason - we got real lucky this season with Jon and need a replacement 'dependable' keeper as our clean sheet record hinges on a player like that behind the back 3 or 4

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, adam1998 said:

Think Alan was a jambo as a kid, hopefully that's all that's needed to sway it :)

Plenty good keepers down South if Plan A doesn't come to pass for whatever reason - we got real lucky this season with Jon and need a replacement 'dependable' keeper as our clean sheet record hinges on a player like that behind the back 3 or 4

Tim Krul.

There, i've said it.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Gav M said:

suggestion or something you've heard?

Utterly made up, based on the fact i noticed he was on the bench for Brighton recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I would have thought so, but he did say in an interview with the BBC that family reasons could be an issue for a player returning home. Seemed he was speaking about himself without actually saying so. You never know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Utterly made up, based on the fact i noticed he was on the bench for Brighton recently.

There was probably a Cathro link there last season. Probably milking it there

We were def in for the ICT lad, Mulraney, was it? Got it from good source in passing at the time, maybe end Jan.

Seemed a bit of a stretch as hes not all too highly rated even at ICT(!) but is shit off a shovel quick so maybe CL sees coachable potential.

Anyone heard more on this one?

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We were def in for the ICT lad, Mulraney, was it? Got it from good source in passing at the time, maybe end Jan.

Seemed a bit of a stretch as hes not all too highly rated even at ICT(!) but is shit off a shovel quick so maybe CL sees coachable potential.

I think this deal is totally dead. Not heard anything but Robbo was touting him to us in January and we didn't want him, don't see why we would now

Edited by rudi must stay

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think this deal is totally dead. Not heard anything but Robbo was touting him to us in January and we didn't want him, don't see why we would now

Funny, i heard it the other way. Robbo was surprised we were interested! Ha! Chinese whispers eh.

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If it’s speed we’re after we could do worse than Usain Bolt. Training with Borussia Dortmund and is fairly fast by all accounts. 

20 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If it’s speed we’re after we could do worse than Usain Bolt. Training with Borussia Dortmund and is fairly fast by all accounts. 

31 ? Probably finished