Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Just now, stevieboobs said:

If that's real then he'll be delighted that you've posted it on here

Exactly- get this off of here before anybody in Hearts loses their job for having a chat, especially the PA! 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

SpruceBringsteen

I've got a theory. 

Contacts made when CL was Scotland manager, right?

Ok, so Craig Mackail-Smith played under Levein. He's now at Wycombe. Wycombe are managed by Gareth Ainsworth who played for Preston in 1994, where ex Man City player Greg Cunningham currently plies his trade.

We're signing Aguero and Silva, lads.

:laugh:

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Scott Fraser scoring an absolute peach for Dundee Utd.

https://twitter.com/tayzodufc/status/986340231287836672

Edit - although he has scored tonight, I don't think this goal is from the game as that doesn't look like the Brechin hedge.  Plus they play in red.

That is indeed Glebe park, Brechin in their white change kit.

31 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Hearts FC Summer Scouting Report 2018

Quite a lot of info packed in this article. 

Few interesting stats too. 

Cheers sir, thanks for posting this, a really interesting piece and some very thoughtful analysis given to the type of markets we must be looking in.

53 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Decent article in the main, but 'Hearts don't want Naismith...'? Pish. Aye we do. It's common knowledge. 

Just what I thought and it makes me a bit suspicious of the author's pedigree.  Seems to know his stuff though.

Jambo, Goodbye
4 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Decent article in the main, but 'Hearts don't want Naismith...'? Pish. Aye we do. It's common knowledge. 

Yeah I did kind of think "wtf" at that tbh. 

Jambo, Goodbye
5 hours ago, Jodami said:

Cheers sir, thanks for posting this, a really interesting piece and some very thoughtful analysis given to the type of markets we must be looking in.

My pleasure :pleased:

Clerry Jambo

Hearts will attempt to keep loan quartet at Tynecastle

Barry Anderson
4-5 minutes

933819782?-347:821

Published: 06:30 Updated: 07:18 Wednesday 18 April 2018

Hearts will make moves to keep four of their five loanees for next season – Joaquim Adao, Demetri Mitchell, David Milinkovic and Steven Naismith. However, Connor Randall is set to return to Liverpool.

Tynecastle officials want to retain the quartet and will discuss whether they could return on loan again this summer or, in some cases, in a permanent transfer. Much will depend on their respective salaries and the demands of their parent clubs. Hearts plan to open dialogue immediately with FC Sion about Adao, Manchester United on Mitchell, Genoa regarding Milinkovic and Norwich City about Naismith.

Joaquim Adao has impressed since joining Hearts on loan from FC Sion

Joaquim Adao has impressed since joining Hearts on loan from FC Sion

All four indicated that they have enjoyed their loan spell in Edinburgh and would consider a longer stay if it suited all parties.

Midfielder Adao, left-back Mitchell and striker Naismith all proved astute additions after arriving in January and are popular with the Hearts support. Winger Milinkovic cemented himself as a cult hero with impressive performances and goals since agreeing a season-long loan last August.

Hearts now intend to negotiate with all concerned to see if they can keep hold of the four players, who would be certain to continue as key players under manager Craig Levein next season.

Randall is expected to rejoin Liverpool when his loan expires next month. He signed on loan last July and was initially brought in as a midfielder. He has proved far more adept at right-back since Levein replaced Ian Cathro as manager.

Steven Naismith

Steven Naismith

With Michael Smith, Jamie Brandon and Marcus Godinho already competing for that position, Hearts see no sense in trying to keep another player in the same area. Randall is aware of the situation and will feature during the final five games of the Premiership season before saying his goodbyes.

David Milinkovic

David Milinkovic

Demetri Mitchell

Demetri Mitchell

Jambo, Goodbye
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He clearly hasn't a clue

Did you read it? I felt, apart from that one single comment, the rest was very in depth and interesting. 

Certainly more clued up than oor Barry. 

10 hours ago, Jambo jambo said:

Screenshot_20180417-213849_Messenger.jpg

Milinkovich

:vrface: 

cant even spell his name right.

seriously just give up and find a hobby instead instead of making up shite.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Did you read it? I felt, apart from that one single comment, the rest was very in depth and interesting. 

He's guessed at a few players he thinks could do a job, but clearly hasn't a clue about the situation at the club.

We want to keep Naismith, obviously - he'd already be permanent if Norwich hadn't changed the deal. According to him Mitchell will be away simply because he's from man u - he'll be nowhere near their team in this lifetime and he's the best left back we've had in ages. Well try to keep him. 

He tells us Djoum will probably go for the right price - Djoum has a long term injury ffs.

Yeah he's picked a few names out of the hat and compared them to what we've got, but his knowledge and understanding of Hearts' situation is actually pretty weak and guessing at targets doesn't hide that.

Jambo, Goodbye
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah he's picked a few names out of the hat and compared them to what we've got, but his knowledge and understanding of Hearts' situation is actually pretty weak and guessing at targets doesn't hide that.

Fair enough, I still thought it interesting. 

Will leave it at that. 

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, Jambo jambo said:

Screenshot_20180417-213849_Messenger.jpg

How come where it says "Scott Active Now" the font is sharp but all other icons etc are blurred a little?

Oh yeah, it's one of those generated text images.

Nice try though.

May one-six

Great stuff about the four we want to keep. A pity about Connor, cos I think he's useful. However, with four right backs on the books it would be a complete waste to keep him.

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It was mildly critical of Levein in its tone so I can see why some people got their backs up right from the start.

Aside from that he has obviously had FM open when he's been writing the article and pulling names out of the air.

His assessment of where we are and what we need isn't bad but his assertion that we don't want Naismith consigned the whole article to the bin for me.

19 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Great stuff about the four we want to keep. A pity about Connor, cos I think he's useful. However, with four right backs on the books it would be a complete waste to keep him.

Randall has certainly improved over the season but he is still not a stand out at this level the other 4 loanees are better players than we or most of our direct rivals have.

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It was mildly critical of Levein in its tone so I can see why some people got their backs up right from the start.

Aside from that he has obviously had FM open when he's been writing the article and pulling names out of the air.

His assessment of where we are and what we need isn't bad but his assertion that we don't want Naismith consigned the whole article to the bin for me.

Certainty to get some pishing their knickers 

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Randall has certainly improved over the season but he is still not a stand out at this level the other 4 loanees are better players than we or most of our direct rivals have.

He's probably the best we used at right back this season. Not entirely convinced about who we've got left to play there next season. Godinho did pretty well so hopefully he'll fully develop and with Smith and Brandon for cover and we'll be okay there

SuperstarSteve

Don’t want to be shot down as only passing on info from a good friend, I was told Temps agent was in talks with the club.

Since I’m not overly keen on a templeton return a didn’t really ask for more info than that, the guy has no reason to lie so I don’t know why he would, make of that what you want guys. 

18 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Don’t want to be shot down as only passing on info from a good friend, I was told Temps agent was in talks with the club.

Since I’m not overly keen on a templeton return a didn’t really ask for more info than that, the guy has no reason to lie so I don’t know why he would, make of that what you want guys. 

I’d happily take templeton back. He’s shown he is over his injury problems at Hamilton and would give us something a bit different to what we have just now. 

Unknown user
59 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I dismissed it because the author doesn't know what he's talking about. It's pretty snidey to suggest it's because of any other reason, especially as you then dismiss it yourself based on the content!

If you think his assessment isn't bad, what exactly is the right price that we'd accept for Arnaud "long term injury" Djoum?

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’d happily take templeton back. He’s shown he is over his injury problems at Hamilton and would give us something a bit different to what we have just now. 

That is true, I can definitely see the reasons for wanting him to return, i wouldn’t be disappointed just not overly fussed if he was to cone back.

I remember reading an article of him saying at rangers they told him that he never had an injury it was just all in his head, he went years being told he was fit to play, only to last half hour or so before being out for a few months again, once he left rangers and after considering retirement, he met someone who solved his injury problems for good. Wether he returns or not it’s good to see him playing regular again. 

TheAntiHibee
56 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Aye bring him back. :happy:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

That is true, I can definitely see the reasons for wanting him to return, i wouldn’t be disappointed just not overly fussed if he was to cone back.

I remember reading an article of him saying at rangers they told him that he never had an injury it was just all in his head, he went years being told he was fit to play, only to last half hour or so before being out for a few months again, once he left rangers and after considering retirement, he met someone who solved his injury problems for good. Wether he returns or not it’s good to see him playing regular again. 

I loved the guy when he was at Hearts (maybe because of that goal against Hibs), and was very disappointed when he left. I'd love him to come back and be a success, but think he will only return if Milinkovic leaves. They are very similar, in that they both like to run with the ball and to score goals, while both can blow hot and cold. I've not seen enough of Templeton recently to decide who I'd prefer, but think he would be about as good a replacement for Milinkovic, should he leave, as we are likely to get from any list of players we know of.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

He clearly hasn't a clue

I read as far as the Naismith bit then took the rest with a huge pinch of salt.

I then realised who the author was and it vindicated my decision.

Oh and since you are reading this. Hiya Richard.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

He's guessed at a few players he thinks could do a job, but clearly hasn't a clue about the situation at the club.

We want to keep Naismith, obviously - he'd already be permanent if Norwich hadn't changed the deal. According to him Mitchell will be away simply because he's from man u - he'll be nowhere near their team in this lifetime and he's the best left back we've had in ages. Well try to keep him. 

He tells us Djoum will probably go for the right price - Djoum has a long term injury ffs.

And we have at least four right backs on the books, but we should be signing another one? He clearly does not pay much detailed attention to Hearts or our squad sitch.

Still, it killed a few minutes reading it and building up a nice head of seethe...

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I read as far as the Naismith bit then took the rest with a huge pinch of salt.

I then realised who the author was and it vindicated my decision.

Oh and since you are reading this. Hiya Richard.

You know more about the author than me then, I just took it on its own merits. 

Apologies to the author for being so blunt but my feedback stands

rudi must stay

Ricardo Alves (from that article) looks a neat wee player, capable of spotting a pass. Out of contract in June he's worth a punt IMO

rudi must stay

Although playing for some good clubs wages could be a problem. The rest would just hopeful punts IMO, they're not even out of contract and you don't want to be paying for a gamble

9 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

And we're covered at right back albeit you never know if a gem comes available. 

This thread's certainly taking a bit of an entertaining turn.

Even Scott Wilson's posting, now!  Come on, Kickback, let's make some noise!

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Haken said:

This thread's certainly taking a bit of an entertaining turn.

Even Scott Wilson's posting, now!  Come on, Kickback, let's make some noise!

:laugh:

Just saw something on SSN where Laff is saying how grateful he is about Hearts supporting him with his gambling addiction and wants to repay the club by staying here for the rest of his career.

Hope this is a positive message and not a pre-emptive strike before he's sold in the summer!

17 hours ago, Fandango said:

Just had an interesting conversation with someone very well connected at the club.

They told me Charlie Adam and Darren Fletcher will be at Hearts come the summer.... don’t shoot me, just passing it on.

If only this was true now these guys have real experience that could help Harry & Irvine ect.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If only this was true now these guys have real experience that could help Harry & Irvine ect.

Agreed. 

Sadly, it is complete and utter horsesh1t.

Nookie Bear

Signing Adam or Fletcher would be outrageous business, but i just cannot see either taking anything like the pay cut we would be talking about.

At a push, Adam might play for Dundee for peanuts. Fletcher will either stay on at Stoke or join one of the promoted teams like Cardiff.

Just my opinion though.

4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Worryingly off the bench. Surely we should only be signing absolute stand outs from a team as bad as Dundee Utd. Good goal mind you.

he's only just back from injury. pretty sure he was a regular and stand out prior to that though.

HamishMcGonagall
3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Worryingly off the bench. Surely we should only be signing absolute stand outs from a team as bad as Dundee Utd. Good goal mind you.

He's not long back from a long injury (metatarsal, second time in 9 months).  Just made his first reappearance a few weeks ago so pretty sure this is the only reason he's not starting.

7 minutes ago, karipidis said:

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

he's only just back from injury. pretty sure he was a regular and stand out prior to that though.

Yeah. Being eased back in after injury

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/csaba-could-look-to-dundee-united-star-man-fraser/