Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

19 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’s a horrible, cheating, diving little *****.

Yup that’s where I am on the guy, lafferty commits half the stuff he does and gets pulled up Main suits Motherwell . 

Mind when we were constantly called big and physical as a jibe, they are the same but it’s called hardworking and effective .

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

It's just dull, if only we weren't paying Martin then we could buy blah blah blah. What about kenny Anderson who sanctioned that, what about Osh what a mistake. Heads must roll etc etc. Normally just comes back to an unnecessary dig at levein. 

It’s boring eh. Even though Neilson & Cathro have been responsible for our transfers, Levein only gets criticised for the one’s who haven’t worked out....

51 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Take it you got the PM as well then ???

Didn't get Scott Wilson but I got the rest of it aye. Must be the kitman? ??

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

It's just dull, if only we weren't paying Martin then we could buy blah blah blah. What about kenny Anderson who sanctioned that, what about Osh what a mistake. Heads must roll etc etc. Normally just comes back to an unnecessary dig at levein. 

I am not saying heads must roll. But if Craig delegates responsibility for signing players he remains responsible for the signings made. It is called managememt and goes with being paid as DOF to manage the football side of the business. I really can't get my mind round the idea that Craig is somehow not responsible for our shocking recruitment decisions over several windows.

But this window will be his and his alone so lets see.

9 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Heard Murray Davidson is on the radar. Too injury prone for me.

Nobody has noted this or commented, but I heard this is happening. Out of contract in May. 

I heard about Steven McLean from the same source just before it appeared on here.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am not saying heads must roll. But if Craig delegates responsibility for signing players he remains responsible for the signings made. It is called managememt and goes with being paid as DOF to manage the football side of the business. I really can't get my mind round the idea that Craig is somehow not responsible for our shocking recruitment decisions over several windows.

Spot on FA. If you are paid as DOF to manage the football side of the  business then you are ultimately responsible. Levein was responsible for all signings, not just the good ones, the bad ones too. If you employ rookie coaches it's not credible to believe that he has not signed off on all the recruits. If not , why is he hoovering a large salary for being DOF?

Jambo jambo
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Didn't get Scott Wilson but I got the rest of it aye. Must be the kitman? ??

Charlie Adam still a certainty to sign Dazajambo??

Murray Davidson if stays fit isn’t a bad option.. box to box player who won’t cost much in wages..

if the rumour is true that we are looking at him

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Spot on FA. If you are paid as DOF to manage the football side of the  business then you are ultimately responsible. Levein was responsible for all signings, not just the good ones, the bad ones too. If you employ rookie coaches it's not credible to believe that he has not signed off on all the recruits. If not , why is he hoovering a large salary for being DOF?

Ann Budge is ‘ultimately’ responsible...:

11 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Heard Murray Davidson is on the radar. Too injury prone for me.

Is he the 30 year old midfielder from Edinburgh who plays for St Johnstone?

Never heard of HI.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Regurgitating again, Enzo. C L supported his coaches.  If he hadn't there would have been uproar about the dictator of football interfering. He is fair game for getting Cathro's appointment spectacularly wrong but it takes an extreme level of blindness to see Cathro's preferred choice of player was very different from Levein's.

as for his salary, he is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the football operations including rebuilding a decimated academy. He is now also directly responsible for managing the first team. I've no idea what he warns but I would think it merits more than Mcinnes and Lennon. Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Regurgitating again, Enzo. C L supported his coaches.  If he hadn't there would have been uproar about the dictator of football interfering. He is fair game for getting Cathro's appointment spectacularly wrong but it takes an extreme level of blindness to see Cathro's preferred choice of player was very different from Levein's.

as for his salary, he is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the football operations including rebuilding a decimated academy. He is now also directly responsible for managing the first team. I've no idea what he warns but I would think it merits more than Mcinnes and Lennon. Any ideas?

I think the latest A/A's disclosed Directors Remuneration of £134k. CL is the only paid Director for performing Executive role.

That period covered him solely performing DoF role. Will be interesting to see if his terms have been revised in accordance with his dual role. 

I would be very surprised if both McInnes and Lennon are not on more than £134k. I think they could be on nearer £250k, certainly in case of McInnes who will be on improved terms after Rangers interest. McInnes might be on even more than £250k. 

Edited by Spencer

BobbyJenkins
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Ann Budge is ‘ultimately’ responsible...:

Correct. However, Levein must have his head lopped off as punishment or no deal for Enzo and Co.

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Like I said, it just turns into a pointless dig at levein. We have all heard it before, it's really boring. 

A_A wehatethehibs
52 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Hope we're after Craig Sibbald.

Feels like he has been around forever, still only 22. I suppose the question would be, is he a better bet for Hearts than Harry Cochrane. 

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is he the 30 year old midfielder from Edinburgh who plays for St Johnstone?

He's from Innerleithen :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Feels like he has been around forever, still only 22. I suppose the question would be, is he a better bet for Hearts than Harry Cochrane. 

The question must be why has nobody else gone for him???

Stand out in 3 maybe 4 games a season.

Not sure in him. Rather give Paton some game time to see what he can do.

20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Seemingly the Murray Davidson thing has substance 

Davidson would be a good signing as long as he stays fit. Always impressed with him when we play st Johnstone. 

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We dont have a like Davidson at the club. He’s nearly always impressed against us

Always been a thorn in our side whenever he has been fit as far as I can remember. In that respect a bit like Ian Jardine when he came to us, he can make a team go up a gear.

Jamboscanbevicius

If we sign McGregor, Adam, and Naismith that would be outstanding business and a great, experienced core back to front!

(even if it does look a little like a RFC reunion party)

6 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Not sure,it was Dazajambo that told me.

But your Scott Wilson and you work at the club so you say??

...so why would you be not sure? And why would you need to send hundreds of PM's to myself and @Notts1874? Surely you would be miles ahead of us.

10 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

...so why would you be not sure? And why would you need to send hundreds of PM's to myself and @Notts1874? Surely you would be miles ahead of us.

This all sounds a bit... 

:interehjrling:

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Wait, is he the poster who nearly all of his first 20 posts is just random questions asking you or Notts for more or new info? 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

23 minutes ago, Jambo jambo said:

Aye well if he did he's only passing on what he has been told .. for the benefit of everyone else including you 

you better no be stirring as he has put up with enough shite from supposed called Hearts supporters and only for passing on information he's been told, and then to be subjected to interrogation when things don't happen 

so, if Adam signs great, if he doesn't sign then fair enough, it happens 

but don't spoil it as a lot of us look forward to his posts - all I'm saying 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Aye well if he did he's only passing on what he has been told .. for the benefit of everyone else including you 

you better no be stirring as he has put up with enough shite from supposed called Hearts supporters and only for passing on information he's been told, and then to be subjected to interrogation when things don't happen 

hear hear, well said

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Seemingly the Murray Davidson thing has substance 

Worrying in terms of number of games we will get from him. Injury-prone and picks up a lot of yellows. Put him in a maroon jersey and he will pick up even more. 

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wait, is he the poster who nearly all of his first 20 posts is just random questions asking you or Notts for more or new info? 

Yeah I believe so. Told me he used to get all the info when romanov was here and said he works in the ticket office. Doesnt get anything now Budge/Levien here. Told Notts that he is actually Scott Wilson (from how i read it)

Guy can go and get himself tae....

22 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

And me! 

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pestered me unsolicited for info as well. Had some news to trade supposedly! 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

hear hear, well said

??

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Worrying in terms of number of games we will get from him. Injury-prone and picks up a lot of yellows. Put him in a maroon jersey and he will pick up even more. 

Decent player though. Tried and tested at this level 

Probably rather have Crawford personally 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, dazajmbo said:

??

I've always liked your wee snippets of info mate! Keeps the windows exciting!

Is there anything in the Charlie Adam rumour though?

happy to have a PM if you don't want to publicise it, happy to keep schtum

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Yeah I believe so. Told me he used to get all the info when romanov was here and said he works in the ticket office. Doesnt get anything now Budge/Levien here. Told Notts that he is actually Scott Wilson (from how i read it)

Guy can go and get himself tae....

Yup. And just shows the class of him that when he finally gets a PM (if he has at all) from you then he then posts the info on the board. Having had PM's from people ITK in the past they usually ask you dont post it on the main board or if you do dont mention they told you. Sounds like someone desperate to get info so making up lies.

As others have said Murray Davidson's injury history would be a concern but, if fit would 100% improve us. He's one of those players you always notice whenever you play against his team.

Uche Ikpeazu I've never seen play but looks like a monster, is young and might be worth a punt

59 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'd sooner keep working with callachan than go for davidson.

Davidson is a FAR better SPL player than Callachan

Cruyff Turn

So, hot or Cold? 

GK Allan McGregor

GK Scott Bain

LB Demetri Mitchell (on loan)

LB Bobby Burns

CM Joaquim Adao (signed Permanently)

CM Scott Fraser

CM Charlie Adam

FW Steven Naismith (signed Permanently)

FW Steven Maclean

FW Uche Ikpeazu

Plus a New CB and Left Winger (possibly two wide players)? 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think it's a case of clubs in Scotland not wanting to pay the development fee. 

I believe he signed a one year extension last year and he will be a proper free agent come the summer. If that's correct, I'd imagine he'll be moving to a Premiership side.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

This transfer window is shaping up to be utterly woeful if these names are anything to go by.

:cornette:

Charlie Adam, Steven Naismith the loanees???

come on mate, I know its Monday but try stay a bit more positive haha!

Nookie Bear

Is the Charlie Adam deal a go-er?

From what i undersand, he really wants to play for Dundee at some point in his career.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So, hot or Cold? 

GK Allan McGregor

GK Scott Bain

LB Demetri Mitchell (on loan)

LB Bobby Burns

CM Joaquim Adao (signed Permanently)

CM Scott Fraser

CM Charlie Adam

FW Steven Naismith (signed Permanently)

FW Steven Maclean

FW Uche Ikpeazu

Plus a New CB and Left Winger (possibly two wide players)? 

add in Olly Lee CM

Absolute Scenes

So potentially, a  central midfield of Adao, Murray Davidson and Charlie Adam - that is not bad btw!

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

We dont have a like Davidson at the club. He’s nearly always impressed against us

To be fair over the years loads of players have impressed against us. We have a habit of making some very ordinary players look brilliant.

Taouil? Sutton? Wyness? Sammon?

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

As a midfielder you’re not always going to stand out. Who cares if other teams haven’t signed him. He is a decent ball playing midfielder imo, but he definitely does need to get himself into the premier league. I’d probably take Ali Crawford over him but if Sibbald was one out of of 3 or 4 brought in for midfield I wouldn’t be too disappointed.  We’re putting a new pitch in specifically to suit players who pass the ball well. 

Another thing he offers which we still terribly lack is a decent left foot. We have no left footers other than Berra in the squad which quite frankly is a complete joke. We do have a midfielder with 2 left feet Callachan though, Sibbald is without a doubt a better passer of the ball than him.

As for Paton, all I know about him is he’s a midfielder who has been jumped in the queue by Cochrane who is 2 years younger than him, and then he was sent on loan to stenhousemuir. His Hearts contract is up next month.