Update from Ann

Chaps

3 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

No mention of switching the changing rooms back to the main stand. 

....oh jeeeezo really ?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh ah grantona
4 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Predicted in another thread last week that we’d be hearing from Budge shortly and this would be the exact tone of the communication. As always I’m glad of her impact and influence in terms of building the infrastructure off the park. There is no doubting the huge progress on a number of fronts and unlike her Head Coach there appears to be a taking of accountability and responsibility when things go wrong. Far less enamored by the frankly blasé sweeping under the carpet of another dire first team season whilst at the same time begging for further “backing”. Other than leaning on the academy for success there is precious little in the statement that provides confidence that the footballing side of the club will be any better in 2018-19!  She should be delivering a positive message loud and clear on that front if she wants a high % of ST renewals as it’s a better team that will see her receive continued financial support from some. 

Where I am 

I'm not a ST holder, I'm not a regular attendee and I'm never going to be a fan of CL but I understand the club needs stability on the pitch so he gets another season. 

Id prob sign back up to a ST if she came out & said listen the football is poor & that must change, I plan to back CL on everything he has asked for and if he fails he has agreed to walk away at xmas and allow us too move on in a new direction.

i don't want CL to fail because it means Hearts fail again but I simply can't see him moving club onto where I believe we should be 

4 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Where I am 

I'm not a ST holder, I'm not a regular attendee and I'm never going to be a fan of CL but I understand the club needs stability on the pitch so he gets another season. 

Id prob sign back up to a ST if she came out & said listen the football is poor & that must change, I plan to back CL on everything he has asked for and if he fails he has agreed to walk away at xmas and allow us too move on in a new direction.

i don't want CL to fail because it means Hearts fail again but I simply can't see him moving club onto where I believe we should be 

You would buy a season ticket if she said that...really???? Surely every owner in football could say that every season, I think its a given he'll be back in the transfer market and if its going tits up CL will step aside or be asked to step aside....so off you go and buy a season ticket!

34 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Some folk really are persistent.

Indeed... quite an organised wee gang. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You would buy a season ticket if she said that...really???? Surely every owner in football could say that every season, I think its a given he'll be back in the transfer market and if its going tits up CL will step aside or be asked to step aside....so off you go and buy a season ticket!

Wack-a-doodle world we live in nowadays. ?

Excellent news from Ms Budge - clear business message with emotional tones!

and whilst the football side does not come with such certainties as the business side there’s no doubt that with greater investment in the team combined with Craig ‘legend’ Levein leadership skills success will be a feature at Tynecastle Park in the years ahead!

12 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

Where I am 

I’m a season ticket holder, I’m not a regular  attendee and I’m always going to be a fan of Craig Levein!

What I do know is that if you can afford to employ better players than your rivals whilst not gauranteed it is likely that your results and success will be better!

Thats why we must continue to increase our turnover and all Hearts fans buying season tickets will make a difference!!

27 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I want, I want, I want.

I want it now.

Here's yer teddy back.

I certainly want what is best for the club and that's sure as hell not allowing significant numbers of ST holders to disappear if there is a way to retain them. Talk of infrastructure and painting stands may do it for some and thats their choice but others require to hear a bit more substantive plans in terms of our first team before parting with their hard earned again on a first team football structure which has underperformed massively. You do you though :thumbsup:

rick witter
6 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

The product on the park is what needs improving most. I feel she should have acknowledged this more. This is what makes people buy season tickets. What she needs to remember is people will happily sit in the rain as long as they are watching a good team.

We are far from that at the moment.

All the rest was very informative and positive.

I thought the statement was very good and informative as to what is going on at the club but I have to agree. It is the same on the season ticket renewal email I got there was only a mention of Team strengthening/improvements in the last sentence. Good things are happening off the field but I can’t help feel the team is second to everything else that’s happening. 

The team should always be the most important thing. 

Just now, Hendricks said:

I certainly want what is best for the club and that's sure as hell not allowing significant numbers of ST holders to disappear if there is a way to retain them. Talk of infrastructure and painting stands may do it for some and thats their choice but others require to hear a bit more substantive plans in terms of our first team before parting with their hard earned again on a first team football structure which has underperformed massively. You do you though :thumbsup:

Significant numbers of season ticket holders? Disappear? What is this dark magic?

078F535C-47B2-4588-BB75-E30EC83ECC4D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Your so much smarter than that post mate. You know fine well the statement is a rallying call to back the club financially through season tickets to enable the first team squad to be enhanced. Its also not the owners job to tell us what the managers plans for the team are, and we already know from said manager there will be significant change.

gowestjambo
51 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

It may be your personality type to sweep everything under the carpet and pretend everything is rosy in the Jambo garden but some of us like to debate what could be done to improve our lot. If you don't like it, don't read it, nobody is forcing you to do so!  My main point with regards Budge's statement today is that she can't afford a further "poor season", not after this dismal one so her message with regards the team has to be a whole lot more decisive and upbeat and positive than today's was. Great stuff as usual about off field progress, a big fat MEH with regards to on it!  And especially on a day, only two thirds of the way through March  :rolleyes: she is asking our fanbase to come up with the readies and "back" her again.

My message would be, tell us about what your man proposes to do about the crap overall squad , tell us how he will be very active in getting pre contracts signed, tell us that he will have 3 or 4 senior strikers and replace (if necessary) our quality keeper and left back and bring in some genuine attacking quality in midfield, tell us how we are not at all happy at our failure to get to Cup semi's and finals and that it is something we are going to collectively prioritize, tell us that whilst we are excited about the youth system we owe our support to have a win now mentality too and that 10 league wins in 31 is simply not good enough for a club of our stature etc etc etc. There is plenty Budge could be saying about the football side of the club that would buy her significant grace and probably a good deal more cash in the coffers if she chose to do do. Instead those of us sceptical she has a clue what she's doing about the football side of the club are left thinking there's no urgency there and Levein is doing whatever the hell he likes under no pressure whatsoever. 

Well said Hendricks. The overall statement is pretty good - in everything concerning the playing side. Unless there is a team on the park the fans want to see everything else is secondary.

This needs to be reinforced by Ann, and not in the glib we must do better........

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Absolutely loving Hendricks and Albert providing their world-leading business acumen and wisdom here. Imagine how lost we would all be without them. 

:rofl:

Considering what you attempted to try and accuse me of yesterday, you're having a real blinder here Mothy 

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

No evidence to back up your claim that we are at risk of losing significant numbers of season ticket holders. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I thought the statement was very good and informative as to what is going on at the club but I have to agree. It is the same on the season ticket renewal email I got there was only a mention of Team strengthening/improvements in the last sentence. Good things are happening off the field but I can’t help feel the team is second to everything else that’s happening. 

The team should always be the most important thing. 

A strong financial footing naturally leads to a better product on the park.

Just now, Spencer said:

Considering what you attempted to try and accuse me of yesterday, you're having a real blinder here Mothy 

You were doing what I accused you of. You post things like:

”ignore him mate, he’s no worth it” etc, as a reply to someone like Hendricks when they are debating with someone. Like I said; the wee fat kid who can’t fight sleep stirring up bother whilst fluffing his mates. In private schools it’s called ‘fagging up’.

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well said Hendricks. The overall statement is pretty good - in everything concerning the playing side. Unless there is a team on the park the fans want to see everything else is secondary.

This needs to be reinforced by Ann, and not in the glib we must do better........

And you don’t think that the club know we need to improve the squad?  I have faith that we will have a much better squad next season.

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Your so much smarter than that post mate. You know fine well the statement is a rallying call to back the club financially through season tickets to enable the first team squad to be enhanced. Its also not the owners job to tell us what the managers plans for the team are, and we already know from said manager there will be significant change.

I thoroughly agree it is a "rallying call" and a VERY predictable one at that (check my post on this exact thing from last week!). Given the way this season has gone, from the shambles last August until now it is most definitely the right time for the owner to be using such a "rallying call". She is looking for significant financial backing (once again!) so needs to rejuvenate people suffering from ailing enthusiasm and make some serious statements about how things are going to be a whole lot better on the park. Hearing it from her and putting her Head Coach very much on notice as to what is expected is exactly what is required as plenty people have very little faith in Levein's promises of "significant change". Budge in my opinion is respected by the vasty majority of the support so its her that will help sustain ST holder numbers if she can convince us of a very definite plan and unfortunately in that statement the positive stuff was all off field again. Whilst I appreciate some of the above isn't palatable its most definitely needed or come July/August I fear she's going to be disappointed at ST numbers. 

She is looking for significant financial backing (once again!) so needs to rejuvenate pope suffering from ailing enthusiasm and make some serious statements about how things are going to be a whole lot better on the park.

Bigot.

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No evidence to back up your claim that we are at risk of losing significant numbers of season ticket holders. 

I actually said in my earlier post that given chatter on the ST thread re prices, the reactions to recent big match defeats and the ease with which people will be able to buy tickets game to game it is MY PERCEPTION. If you think otherwise fine, I hope you are correct and I'll be delighted and amazed if we retain the same number of ST's as this season but unless there is a massive overhaul and significant funds spent on players this summer I just don't see it.

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It actually looks as though he and others are hoping ST sales decline or perhaps even trying to engineer a decline.

It matters not what news comes re Hearts they will surely put a negative spin on it.

Makes one wonder...

I actually said in my earlier post that given chatter on the ST thread re prices, the reactions to recent big match defeats and the ease with which people will be able to buy tickets games to game it is MY PERCEPTION. If you think otherwise fine, I hope you are correct but I'll be delighted and amazed if we retain the same number of ST's as this season unless there is a massive overhaul and significant funds spent on players this summer. 

Their will be a big overhaul of the team. We already know this. Plenty to get excited about. We have our first decent striker in decades and a solid defence.  Next year we will have a cracking team.

Its a pity a couple of trolls, offering their usual nothing to a decent debate are allowed to spam the thread with post after post of nonsense. You'd almost think it was welcomed on here when the club are being questioned........:whistling:

5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

The regurgitating drivel merchants have taken over again.

Aye and it's the same old p*sh, time after time after time!

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It actually looks as though he and others are hoping ST sales decline or perhaps even trying to engineer a decline.

It matters not what news comes re Hearts they will surely put a negative spin on it.

Makes one wonder...

Exactly.... 

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Its a pity a couple of trolls, offering their usual nothing to a decent debate are allowed to spam the thread with post after post of nonsense. You'd almost think it was welcomed on here when the club are being questioned........:whistling:

Are you questioning the Club?  What about?

I thought that you were merely expressing disappointment that Ann Budge hadn't used stronger words when describing the on-field performance.

Enzo Chiefo
35 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Excellent news from Ms Budge - clear business message with emotional tones!

and whilst the football side does not come with such certainties as the business side there’s no doubt that with greater investment in the team combined with Craig ‘legend’ Levein leadership skills success will be a feature at Tynecastle Park in the years ahead!

She must have binned the 3rd or 4th place targets she used to set.  Oh well, market forces will dictate how many we sell.

I can only speak for myself and I am definitely hoping that we will see a decline in ST sales just to get it right up Budgie and Leveinerino. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be able to say I "engineered"  :rofl: a decline in Hearts season ticket sales. I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time than try to persuade fans of the club I love to hold on to their cash and spend it on something much more worthwhile. I don't know how I can quantify whether this scheme is a success or not but given the recent poll I'm thinking a drop off of at least 2000 should send a good message that us "doom mongers" can't be messed with and that whilst often mocked as "drivel merchants" are capable of getting our "negative spin" over. All the while "fagging up" (which apparently happens regularly in private schools - who knew?!!!).  

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Or it could be that some are merely voicing an opinion that is contrary to that of others.

Quite bizarre that anyone not getting the bunting out to celebrate the news today is seen as having an agenda. 

gowestjambo
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

And you don’t think that the club know we need to improve the squad?  I have faith that we will have a much better squad next season.

I know you have blind unyielding faith. We are about to finish another season which will go down in the record books, as yet another season where the team failed to live up to expectations.

I also know you believe the club will improve the squad. However, I do not share your optimism. Until the club puts winning games as the number one priority, I fear more of the same.

28 minutes ago, Ryder said:

”ignore him mate, he’s no worth it” etc, as a reply to someone like Hendricks when they are debating with someone. Like I said; the wee fat kid who can’t fight sleep stirring up bother whilst fluffing his mates. In private schools it’s called ‘fagging up’.

Please point me to such posts on this thread Mothy 

Your closing comment probably just about sums you up 

Cruyff Turn

Only thing I'd like to have known is whether there's a fair bit cash available to overhaul the squad in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Only thing I'd like to have known is whether there's a fair bit cash available to overhaul the squad in the summer. 

That will likely be the topic of the next statement......"We can't spend what we want to if you don't buy Season Tickets, and soon!"........watch this space.

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Everything is Rosy in the Jambo Garden.

Does this Jambo Garden include the first team and their performances?

If it does (and you did say everything), then you must know that you are the only one who could describe our performances in the park as that.

6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Or it could be that some are merely voicing an opinion that is contrary to that of others.

Quite bizarre that anyone not getting the bunting out to celebrate the news today is seen as having an agenda. 

Agreed. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Hendricks said:

That will likely be the topic of the next statement......"We can't spend what we want to if you don't buy Season Tickets, and soon!"........watch this space.

Well, we are, or will be a fan run club. Yes, the last two seasons have meant that we have won much less prize money and the new stand might mean tighter purse strings. 

But raising prices may be the only way to raise more funds and if we want to be successful on the pitch the support will no doubt back it in numbers. 

We can't have it both ways unfortunately. 

That said, I'd still hope there are funds available and it would be nice to know to help boost enthusiasm for ticket sales next season. 

Also believe releasing our new kits earlier will help with any extra funds. 

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I know you have blind unyielding faith. We are about to finish another season which will go down in the record books, as yet another season where the team failed to live up to expectations.

I also know you believe the club will improve the squad. However, I do not share your optimism. Until the club puts winning games as the number one priority, I fear more of the same.

Did you really expect this would be a great season? It was pretty obvious that building a new stand would impact on the budget available for the team.  Whilst I am not happy with our overall league position it’s hardly a disaster. Why do you not have faith that the people who saved our club won’t get a decent team on the park?  Winning is always our priority.... but we have to be sustainable if we are not going to repeat the mistakes from the past.  The investment we have made was essential if we are going to do better in the future. 

8 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I picked up on that too, especially the part where she states that her and her family have all renewed etc, I found that a wee bit condescending as not all fans will have the money to renew early, but got the feeling they were put on a bit of a guilt trip there, maybe I read it incorrectly, you definitely can't knock her honesty though. 

Maybe a wee bit. Personally, it didn't come over that way for myself, who will be trying to pay in as many smaller installments as possible, but I suppose its all about perspective

9 hours ago, Ryder said:

No mention of many courteous emails from supporters demanding improvement. :(

????

Brilliant

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If it does (and you did say everything), then you must know that you are the only one who could describe our performances in the park as that.

She never promised us a rose garden,:pimp2:

18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Cracking game on Saturday.

Unlike you I judge the entertainment on show with my own eyes and experience.

Happy days.

I hope the tenders on the pitch include companies who might be able to improve what is there.  There are all sorts of techniques to improve grass management which don't involve changing soil or replacing turf.  Talk of a million pounds to replace the park when there is such a poor squad and income generating stand features unfinished  looks hugely unbalanced in spending priorities. 

Guess The Crowd
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She never promised us a rose garden,:pimp2:

I beg your pardon? 

rick witter
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly. Whilst I am pleased off field things are happening it’s the team that we all want to know about and how much money for transfers/wages we will have to make us competitive for a top 4 Place next year. 

There was just not enough content about the team for me in the statement or what the club sees as acceptable in terms of league position for next year. We must be top 4 next year. 

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:thumbsup:

Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Still waiting Mothy 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Still waiting Mothy 

For what Spencer? A long stand and a left-handed Screwdriver? 

26 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Cracking game on Saturday.

Unlike you I judge the entertainment on show with my own eyes and experience.

Happy days.

And the Hibs/Motherwell/Rangers/Ross C games the previous weeks?

Archived