Update from Ann

Chaps

3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Or maybe I just have some perspective.

Pre-Mercer, the pieman, latter Romanov years and admin - genuine crises for Hearts, worthy of getting all angry.

Now - not a crises, just a poor season. Get angry by all means, but blowing it up into something bigger. Nah.

There are times to moan, boo, withdraw support and take action. This is a time to back the team.

This is about where I am too. You’ve nailed it with “perspective”.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Pre-Mercer, the pieman, latter Romanov years and admin - genuine crises for Hearts, worthy of getting all angry.

Now - not a crises, just a poor season. Get angry by all means, but blowing it up into something bigger. Nah.

There are times to moan, boo, withdraw support and take action. This is a time to back the team.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I'm still waiting to read what these posters want. It surely can't be to sack Levein....surely. The club looking at a season ahead with some stability yet the very people moaning about the standard of football would like to create another period of uncertainty by sacking another manager.. absolute genius thinking!!

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

Apart from the fact I'm not in the least angry!  You (and some of the other numnuts) perceive my questioning of things to mean I'm withdrawing support, wrong. You perceive my questioning whether we are doing things as well as we could be to be negative, wrong. You perceive me making predictions to be smart arsed, wrong. You perceive my calling out some of the shit we are fed from the club hierarchy as being anti Hearts, wrong. None of those criticisms bothers me in the least, if Hearts are shite again next season life will undoubtably go on and I won't have any influence on making us a better football team regardless of what I opine on a football message board! Its actually a hell of a lot easier for me to look at things from a more removed stand point given some physical distance than it is for some of you! I'll keep questioning the job being done by both Budge (in my opinion generally a very good one in everything out with the football side of the club) and Levein (generally a very poor one so far) and you can keep arguing with me if you want or perhaps try to take on board that I'm often proven correct and actually listen to a different perspective.

As I say neither here nor there to me what you or others do or say, I'm more than confident enough to debate any subject regarding the club. Nobody has altered my opinion that Budge's statement today was nothing more than the usual platitudes with regards the football side of the club especially given she was begging for ST renewals (in March!!!). I think it should have been far more conciliatory (even if she was saying the football department know they need to do way better) given how dreadful the majority of this season has been but also more upbeat about next. That significant finance would be provided, that targets must be met, that our fans deserve way better given their unprecedented "BACKING"!  None of that was evident, it was another case of sweeping things under the carpet but asking for financial assistance. If that doesn't bother you then grand, bash on, but I'm happy to point out that I believe they think the Hearts support zip up the back. 

Bad Religion
6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Apart from the fact I'm not in the least angry!  You (and some of the other numnuts) perceive my questioning of things to mean I'm withdrawing support, wrong. You perceive my questioning whether we are doing things as well as we could be to be negative, wrong. You perceive me making predictions to be smart arsed, wrong. You perceive my calling out some of the shit we are fed from the club hierarchy as being anti Hearts, wrong. None of those criticisms bothers me in the least, if Hearts are shite again next season life will undoubtably go on and I won't have any influence on making us a better football team regardless of what I opine on a football message board! Its actually a hell of a lot easier for me to look at things from a more removed stand point given some physical distance than it is for some of you! I'll keep questioning the job being done by both Budge (in my opinion generally a very good one in everything out with the football side of the club) and Levein (generally a very poor one so far) and you can keep arguing with me if you want or perhaps try to take on board that I'm often proven correct and actually listen to a different perspective.

As I say neither here nor there to me what you or others do or say, I'm more than confident enough to debate any subject regarding the club. Nobody has altered my opinion that Budge's statement today was nothing more than the usual platitudes with regards the football side of the club especially given she was begging for ST renewals (in March!!!). I think it should have been far more conciliatory (even if she was saying the football department know they need to do way better) given how dreadful the majority of this season has been but also more upbeat about next. That significant finance would be provided, that targets must be met, that our fans deserve way better given their unprecedented "BACKING"!  None of that was evident, it was another case of sweeping things under the carpet but asking for financial assistance. If that doesn't bother you then grand, bash on, but I'm happy to point out that I believe they think the Hearts support zip up the back. 

What would you say significant finance equates too and where will it come from?

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Enjoyed the Hibs game because it's a derby and I love em, enjoyed the Motherwell game and really should have won. You ignored the Killie game which obviously we should have won, Rangers game was a poor performance but credit to the opposition for upping their game. Ross County was decent and again I thought we should have won.

Decent football all round and a lot better than most SPFL games if your using that as a benchmark.

We will have to disagree on the use of the word decent.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I keep reading stuff like this. What is it you actually want. Are you suggesting we should sack Levein? Or is this just noise in some attempt to argue with people who are trying to look at the bigger picture, and have accepted Levein needs a summer window and will undoubtedly get....its ****ing boring..

What's your solution???

You didn't read my posts and the ones I was replying to did you?

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah man.

Everything would be groovy with the Dooby Brothers music playing in the background. 

Ah, you're confusing an Amsterdam style coffee shop with a 1960's/70's lazy stereotype style coffe shop.

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The overwhelming message I take from the statement is that every pound is a prisoner and that we will have to be satisfied with jam tomorrow.

I'd expect that the club has only barely met its minimum financial and performance targets for this season, e.g. ST sales, match day revenue, hospitality, top 6 finish, transfer fee income.

The costs related the the Tynecastle development programme look as if they have gone well over budget (perhaps even more that has been communicated to date) to the extent that items previously included in the original budget, such as the new pitch and some the phase 3 development, don't presently have funding in place, hence the early call for cash and the increased ST prices.

I'm sure that Ann would prefer that any new funding provides an immediate return on the investment, e.g. hospitality, bars and other spectator facilities.  However it seems that some of the big ticket items such as the nursery and the pitch are now the top priorities but won't provide a direct return to the club.

It's all a fine balancing act. Ultimately the club's future prosperity will be dependent on success on the pitch, but while the bulk of income is derived from that source, so are the costs.  There is a need to ensure that investment in the football operation get's its share of any increased revenue.  To that extent I'd be more comfortable delaying some of the infrastructure programme until such time as it can be afforded.   

A few good points.

Don't think she was trying to paint the picture overly rosy.

But what would you put off?

The pitch is a must, we are bound to the nursery agreement.

The facilities in the stand are possibly not all neccesary but we've started now and should really see it through.

And as you say, hospitality and bars make a return, the quicker we build them the quicker we start seeing the benefit.

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

I can only speak for myself and I am definitely hoping that we will see a decline in ST sales just to get it right up Budgie and Leveinerino. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be able to say I "engineered"  :rofl: a decline in Hearts season ticket sales. I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time than try to persuade fans of the club I love to hold on to their cash and spend it on something much more worthwhile. I don't know how I can quantify whether this scheme is a success or not but given the recent poll I'm thinking a drop off of at least 2000 should send a good message that us "doom mongers" can't be messed with and that whilst often mocked as "drivel merchants" are capable of getting our "negative spin" over. All the while "fagging up" (which apparently happens regularly in private schools - who knew?!!!).  

So you don’t want me to renew my season ticket????

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So you don’t want me to renew my season ticket????

I think you didn't get the :sarcasm:

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Enjoyed the Hibs game because it's a derby and I love em, enjoyed the Motherwell game and really should have won. You ignored the Killie game which obviously we should have won, Rangers game was a poor performance but credit to the opposition for upping their game. Ross County was decent and again I thought we should have won.

Decent football all round and a lot better than most SPFL games if your using that as a benchmark.

:cornette:

18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You didn't read my posts and the ones I was replying to did you?

Don't think I meant quote you. Apologies

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think you didn't get the :sarcasm:

I think he is a destructive fool that would be best to disassociate from the wonderful club that is Heart of Midlothian!

We’ve always had idiots in our support but they seem to be getting stupider every season!!

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

A few good points.

Don't think she was trying to paint the picture overly rosy.

But what would you put off?

The pitch is a must, we are bound to the nursery agreement.

The facilities in the stand are possibly not all neccesary but we've started now and should really see it through.

And as you say, hospitality and bars make a return, the quicker we build them the quicker we start seeing the benefit.

The only things that can be put off are the finishing of the 2nd and 3rd floor suites, the control box and the TV studio.  As stated earlier, look at what provides a return.

I'm concerned that milestones, even those communicated in December, are again behind schedule.  From the AGM slides.

Supporters Bar - ASAP

Police Control Room - 18 January

Plant Room - 30 March

Nursery - 27 April

3rd Floor Restaurant - 27 April

Shop -  30 June

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I was a meeting quite a while ago (sorry can't remember if it was shareholders, sponsors or another meeting) and Ann had said that they were hoping to make the under croft of the Wheatfield a supporters club once the shop and offices moved over into the new Main stand. 

Makes sense to use those areas since they have been kitted out really well and will be getting vacated.

I'm pretty sure the plans have changed since then.  The current plan is to put the supporters' bar in the new stand.

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm pretty sure the plans have changed since then.  The current plan is to put the supporters' bar in the new stand.

Yep. Had it confirmed the bar will be in the new stand behind where the shop is going.

The space that is currently the shop will be converted to office space. Probably will be put to let.

queensferryjambo
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

OK thanks for that.

19 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

No reply of "substance" then?

If you think I'm wasting my time responding to that nonsensical, completely inaccurate diatribe you are even more mental than I originally thought. 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Email the club.

Just now, VladMagic said:

Email the club.

No need to email those at the top of the food chain when you have the ability to call them directly if that way inclined  :P

Just now, Hendricks said:

If you think I'm wasting my time responding to that nonsensical, completely inaccurate diatribe you are even more mental than I originally thought. 

That "nonsensical, completely inaccurate diatribe" has you in bits.

Just goes to show how emotions don’t come over very well in written word... you seem well angry.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

No need to email those at the top of the food chain when you have the ability to call them directly if that way inclined  :P

You selected option 1 and then 8 didn’t you? Always nice when Ann answers, isn’t it. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Nust goes to show how emotions don’t come over very well in written word... you seem well angry.

Only thing that angered me today was when I stepped off the pavement onto what I thought was a shallow slush puddle only for it to cover my entire shoe. Had a wet sock for 3 hours. Raging but such is life. If Hearts are happy to muddle along I'll no doubt continue to call them out for it and annoy some weirdos on here but fundamentally its neither here nor there to me. I'd like us to be a lot better for my family who travel here, there and everywhere watching us and for the kids already indoctrinated into supporting us. 

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Only thing that angered me today was when I stepped off the pavement onto what I thought was a shallow slush puddle only for it to cover my entire shoe. Had a wet sock for 3 hours. Raging but such is life. If Hearts are happy to muddle along I'll no doubt continue to call them out for it and annoy some weirdos on here but fundamentally its neither here nor there to me. I'd like us to be a lot better for my family who travel here, there and everywhere watching us and for the kids already indoctrinated into supporting us. 

Ahhh bless - such good luck you never slipped and fell!! There’s always next time!!

Difference between me and you Hendricks is I am happy to have faith in my opinions on my own and let my opinions speak for themselves and for others to judge them. I don't ask for others to follow mine, agree with mine or back mine I simply state them. Unlike you when I state my opinion I do not add at the end that if you don't follow. agree or back my opinion, this will happen.

You do and that is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You selected option 1 and then 8 didn’t you? Always nice when Ann answers, isn’t it. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Remember lads. ......Superior football knowledge ?

Cell phone mate :whistling:

Welcome back Notts, oh how I've missed your awesome contributions. 

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

:rofl:

Give “those at the top” a wee call... those socks will be dry and smelling of Lenór in no time 

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Neither here nor there but has spent all day on here ???

Just now, VladMagic said:

Difference between me and you Hendricks is I am happy to have faith in my opinions on my own and let my opinions speak for themselves and for others to judge them. I don't ask for others to follow mine, agree with mine or back mine I simply state them. Unlike you when I state my opinion I do not add at the end that if you don't follow. agree or back my opinion, this will happen.

You do and that is wrong.

Lol. Please point out some posts where I have "asked others to follow my opinions". This should be good. 

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

:rofl:

Give “those at the top” a wee call... those socks will be dry and smelling of Lenór in no time 

Snow day son. Them's the breaks! 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Cell phone mate :whistling:

Welcome back Notts, oh how I've missed your awesome contributions. 

You still talking shite I see fella.

Its a mobile phone not cell phone ?

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Neither here nor there but has spent all day on here ???

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Nightmare... snowing in NYC just now is it? ?

Just now, Ryder said:

Nightmare... snowing in NYC just now is it? ?

Yep since early doors this morning. Seen worse to be fair but all schools shut and a lot of businesses. Meant to continue into the night. 

Public transport a no go in the Big Apple?

Yep since early doors this morning. Seen worse to be fair but all schools shut and a lot of businesses. Meant to continue into the night. 

Sounds shite. Here’s a couple of pictures from my last couple of days to cheer you up:

331689D7-BDE0-4D13-AF32-A611FC8E71BE.jpeg

1195A524-0956-48E6-9E24-8ECDCB363B1A.jpeg

Nah I was on the subway earlier, bit of a shitshow but works well enough even when the weather is like this. Uber rates through the roof though! Most offices just tell people to stay home when they are forecasting extreme weather, every branch of my bank was closed today in Manhattan which seemed totally OTT. I think its a liability thing whereby they don't want someone suing them.

Bit like a home from home then.

Renewed your season ticket yet? Only 6 or so weeks to make sure you keep your seat from last season fella ?

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Your constant repetition of the same statements over and over again are symptomatic of autism. Have you been checked for this?

Just my opinion of course.  

Thanks for the diagnosis Doc. 

So in answer to me laughing at your ridiculous comments and asking you to give some examples of me "asking others to follow my opinions" this was your response?!!  Hmmm, FAIL.

Ann Budge's statement, the most recent in a series, is an attempt to keep Hearts fans apprised of what is going on at the Club.  I cannot say if her attempts to be open and transparent are unique in Scottish football, but I think they are commendable.  She's doing what she said she would do.

All your posts on this thread have focused on one section of the statement, the part about the poor performance on the field this season, and have ignored the rest of her statement.  You appear to have taken umbrage because she hasn't used the words you think she should have used.  In your view, she should have been more humble and apologetic.  If that's the full extent of your complaint, then I have to say that you don't have much to complain about.  But then, maybe you just like to find fault.

Everyone associated with Hearts is well aware that it has been a disappointing season ... everyone.  The Club's management team are no exception.  But they're not about to make rash promises like "significant finance will be provided" as you suggest, just to make people feel better.  The amount of money available to CL will be a percentage of turnover.  That's good business sense, and it should also be enough for CL to put a competitive team on the field.

You're entitled to believe that the Club think supporters zip up the back, but you're wrong and the comment is completely unhelpful.  If you've read all of Ann Budge's posted comments, you'll realise that she has the highest regard for Hearts fans, and has often stated that it is the fans who have saved the Club.  Your comment was a cheap shot at someone who has done more for Hearts than you will ever do.  You say you're not angry.  Your comments say otherwise.  You need to ask yourself why you're so angry about this.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ann Budge's statement, the most recent in a series, is an attempt to keep Hearts fans apprised of what is going on at the Club.  I cannot say if her attempts to be open and transparent are unique in Scottish football, but I think they are commendable.  She's doing what she said she would do.

All your posts on this thread have focused on one section of the statement, the part about the poor performance on the field this season, and have ignored the rest of her statement.  You appear to have taken umbrage because she hasn't used the words you think she should have used.  In your view, she should have been more humble and apologetic.  If that's the full extent of your complaint, then I have to say that you don't have much to complain about.  But then, maybe you just like to find fault.

Everyone associated with Hearts is well aware that it has been a disappointing season ... everyone.  The Club's management team are no exception.  But they're not about to make rash promises like "significant finance will be provided" as you suggest, just to make people feel better.  The amount of money available to CL will be a percentage of turnover.  That's good business sense, and it should also be enough for CL to put a competitive team on the field.

You're entitled to believe that the Club think supporters zip up the back, but you're wrong and the comment is completely unhelpful.  If you've read all of Ann Budge's posted comments, you'll realise that she has the highest regard for Hearts fans, and has often stated that it is the fans who have saved the Club.  Your comment was a cheap shot at someone who has done more for Hearts than you will ever do.  You say you're not angry.  Your comments say otherwise.  You need to ask yourself why you're so angry about this.

Cracking post. All I will add is that Ann is also a Hearts supporter and spends a lot of time talking to fellow fans face to face.

8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I knew there was a reason I still bother with this place. 

:greatpost:

Archived