Update from Ann

Chaps

13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'm not arguing with anybody that spends every waking hour abusing players, management and staff at Hearts. You can't convince the likes of Hendricks or Spencer of anything. Absolutely zero point in trying, I'm only pointing out they're constant regurgitated drivel. 

Just don't respond then. If it's drivel, let them dig their own hole. 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Changed the word this morning I see. Do you ever post anything that resembles debate? 

That's a bit harsh. OT is one of the better posters on here to be honest. 

Nookie Bear
17 minutes ago, Beats said:

That's a bit harsh. OT is one of the better posters on here to be honest. 

:laugh:

15 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Apart from the fact I'm not in the least angry!  You (and some of the other numnuts) perceive my questioning of things to mean I'm withdrawing support, wrong. You perceive my questioning whether we are doing things as well as we could be to be negative, wrong. You perceive me making predictions to be smart arsed, wrong. You perceive my calling out some of the shit we are fed from the club hierarchy as being anti Hearts, wrong. None of those criticisms bothers me in the least, if Hearts are shite again next season life will undoubtably go on and I won't have any influence on making us a better football team regardless of what I opine on a football message board! Its actually a hell of a lot easier for me to look at things from a more removed stand point given some physical distance than it is for some of you! I'll keep questioning the job being done by both Budge (in my opinion generally a very good one in everything out with the football side of the club) and Levein (generally a very poor one so far) and you can keep arguing with me if you want or perhaps try to take on board that I'm often proven correct and actually listen to a different perspective.

As I say neither here nor there to me what you or others do or say, I'm more than confident enough to debate any subject regarding the club. Nobody has altered my opinion that Budge's statement today was nothing more than the usual platitudes with regards the football side of the club especially given she was begging for ST renewals (in March!!!). I think it should have been far more conciliatory (even if she was saying the football department know they need to do way better) given how dreadful the majority of this season has been but also more upbeat about next. That significant finance would be provided, that targets must be met, that our fans deserve way better given their unprecedented "BACKING"!  None of that was evident, it was another case of sweeping things under the carpet but asking for financial assistance. If that doesn't bother you then grand, bash on, but I'm happy to point out that I believe they think the Hearts support zip up the back. 

We are going to be a fan owned club.

The "THEY" you refer to is actually "US"

If the fans are not going to back the club who else will ?

Mrs Budge is aiming to hand the club over to the fans in the best shape possible.

There is no one scamming us or stealing money so you either support the club or you don't.

Your choice.

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'm not arguing with anybody that spends every waking hour abusing players, management and staff at Hearts. You can't convince the likes of Hendricks or Spencer of anything. Absolutely zero point in trying, I'm only pointing out they're constant regurgitated drivel. 

On the money my fellow "stitched up the back" supporter!

That's what we are apparently, according to Hendriks, the fount, sorry, bidet of all wisdom .

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

On the money my fellow "stitched up the back" supporter!

That's what we are apparently, according to Hendriks, the fount, sorry, bidet of all wisdom .

Numnut is another I liked. He is so angry it actually affects his ability to spell.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We are going to be a fan owned club.

The "THEY" you refer to is actually "US"

If the fans are not going to back the club who else will ?

Mrs Budge is aiming to hand the club over to the fans in the best shape possible.

There is no one scamming us or stealing money so you either support the club or you don't.

Your choice.

I would say right now we are more of a cash cow than a fan owned club!  How much input did you get in all the recent historic (over)expenditure, provided for largely by the support?  Another very poor season in the books but with your "backing" we are "only 2 years from creating history"!!! Hmmmm.

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I would say right now we are more of a cash cow than a fan owned club!  How much input did you get in all the recent historic (over)expenditure, provided for largely by the support?  Another very poor season in the books but with your "backing" we are "only 2 years from creating history"!!! Hmmmm.

You never responded to my question about significant finance and where it will come from?

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You never responded to my question about significant finance and where it will come from?

Sorry I must have missed that post yesterday. In my opinion given the largely dreadful season we have endured this coupled with the rotten 6 months under Cathro at the end of last this summer the first team must take priority over everything. I think you took the wording of my post wrong, I am not talking about 'new' money, there should be more than enough in our playing budget to create a much more competitive squad than the one we witnessed this year. Huge amounts of money have been wasted and that can't afford to be the case again this close season but the money that is in the coffers for the squad needs to be channeled directly into Levein's hands. Ann Budge has told us that our revenue has gone up a further million so there should a very reasonable budget for him to make a much better fist of next season than he did this.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Sorry I must have missed that post yesterday. In my opinion given the largely dreadful season we have endured this coupled with the rotten 6 months under Cathro at the end of last this summer the first team must take priority over everything. I think you took the wording of my post wrong, I am not talking about 'new' money, there should be more than enough in our playing budget to create a much more competitive squad than the one we witnessed this year. Huge amounts of money have been wasted and that can't afford to be the case again this close season but the money that is in the coffers for the squad needs to be channeled directly into Levein's hands. Ann Budge has told us that our revenue has gone up a further million so there should a very reasonable budget for him to make a much better fist of next season than he did this.

The revenue going up by £1m does not necessarily equate to having more profit.  We're also having to live with some of the mistakes - Sammon and Martin, for example - unless we can move them on in the summer.

The signings we made in December - Adao, Amankwaa and Naismith - have been promising, albeit two of those are loans.  If we could hold onto Adao and Naismith, move Martin and Sammon on, I'd feel positive about the business we might be able to do to strengthen in the summer.

42 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You reek of Lochend and that post proves it.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore

as I do not want to get banned.

You are not worth it.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You reek of Lochend and that post proves it.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore

as I do not want to get banned.

You are not worth it.

Hallelujah. Today is a good day. Bye then.

55 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Cash cow! :rofl:

See for a Jambo, You are absolutely saturated in Hibsishness.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Aye, thats me pure Hibee likes. Good to see you've nothing better to do than troll my every post whilst on holiday with your family! 

26 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Aye, thats me pure Hibee likes. Good to see you've nothing better to do than troll my every post whilst on holiday with your family! 

Just trying to catch up on the Hearts news of the day during siesta time... it’s just you though... everywhere... still slavering exactly the same old pish over and over...

12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Just trying to catch up on the Hearts news of the day during siesta time... it’s just you though... everywhere... still slavering exactly the same old pish over and over...

Away and enjoy your holiday and stop worrying about a Hearts message board. Me and the other "doom mongers" will still be here coping with "autism", "slavering pish" and predicting the end of the world next week. 

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Away and enjoy your holiday and stop worrying about a Hearts message board. Me and the other "doom mongers" will still be here coping with "autism" and "slavering pish" and predicting the end of the world next week. 

:lol:

Where’s this autism thing come from? Don’t remember that one. Interesting though.

49 minutes ago, Ryder said:

of course he is a hobo, cant believe anyone thinks anything else. I find him quite funny though, desperately trolling the board posting his negative trash. Just continue laughing at him, it cheers up the day.

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

of course he is a hobo, cant believe anyone thinks anything else. I find him quite funny though, desperately trolling the board posting his negative trash. Just continue laughing at him, it cheers up the day.

Not sure mate. I had him down as more of a Hibsish Hearts sorta felly.

9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

A Hobo with 900+ Hearts games in the bag   :whistling:

Jog on.

29 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Away and enjoy your holiday and stop worrying about a Hearts message board. Me and the other "doom mongers" will still be here coping with "autism", "slavering pish" and predicting the end of the world next week. 

But you're obviously not coping!

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

A Hobo with 900+ Hearts games in the bag   :whistling:

Jog on.

Part timer:whistling:

Just now, John Findlay said:

Part timer:whistling:

Not all of us are in our mid to late 60's John......:P

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

You've contradicted yourself.  Yesterday you said that Ann Budge's statement should have included "That significant finance will be provided ... ".  It was one of your complaints about the Budge statement.

Now you're saying that there is more than enough money in our playing budget.  So what is it you want?  Significant finance to be provided, or a specific percentage of turnover going to the playing squad as has been done for the past two years?  If your complaint is that too much money has been wasted on poor signings, that's a different issue than asking for a commitment to significant finance.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Not all of us are in our mid to late 60's John......:P

I'll let you know when I get there :laugh:

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

You've contradicted yourself.  Yesterday you said that Ann Budge's statement should have included "That significant finance will be provided ... ".  It was one of your complaints about the Budge statement.

Now you're saying that there is more than enough money in our playing budget.  So what is it you want?  Significant finance to be provided, or a specific percentage of turnover going to the playing squad as has been done for the past two years?  If your complaint is that too much money has been wasted on poor signings, that's a different issue than asking for a commitment to significant finance.

I've not contradicted myself whatsoever. Significant finance should be provided, I never said it should be from additional sources. The first team squad should be prioritized over virtually everything this summer such is the shambles they have created. I guess its what you define as significant finance but I firmly believe Levein given the 4th biggest budget again in Scotland should be able to produce a far far better squad. 

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I've not contradicted myself whatsoever. Significant finance should be provided, I never said it should be from additional sources. The first team squad should be prioritized over virtually everything this summer such is the shambles they have created. I guess its what you define as significant finance but I firmly believe Levein given the 4th biggest budget again in Scotland should be able to produce a far far better squad. 

I think you are confusing "BUDGET" with playing budget.

Nevertheless if you itemise the respective budgets(ie playing budgets) of the top 6 of the Scottish finance league, we can see for ourselves.

22 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Many people will agree with you on the highlighted bit, but this is a discussion about Ann Budge's update, and yesterday you criticised the update because she didn't say "significant finance will be provided."  If you're now saying that the 4th biggest budget in Scotland should be sufficient, what exactly did you mean by your comment?

1 hour ago, Haken said:

The revenue going up by £1m does not necessarily equate to having more profit.  We're also having to live with some of the mistakes - Sammon and Martin, for example - unless we can move them on in the summer.

The signings we made in December - Adao, Amankwaa and Naismith - have been promising, albeit two of those are loans.  If we could hold onto Adao and Naismith, move Martin and Sammon on, I'd feel positive about the business we might be able to do to strengthen in the summer.

I would agree if they can be moved on for nothing but how likely that is I am not sure. They both have contracts that are not due to expire for a while yet so it may cost us to get rid of them which ultimately allows us less cash to bring in alternatives. If they refuse to go then we have to honour their contracts or try and loan them out again and at least get a contribution to their wage costs.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Many people will agree with you on the highlighted bit, but this is a discussion about Ann Budge's update, and yesterday you criticised the update because she didn't say "significant finance will be provided."  If you're now saying that the 4th biggest budget in Scotland should be sufficient, what exactly did you mean by your comment?

We don't know what the other clubs Player Budgets are but if history is anything to go by then it is fairly likely that we will be around the fourth biggest. Do you not agree?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As you well know I used that as one example of something that she COULD have said that would have given rise to way more optimism with regards the playing side of things that in my view she once again tried to sugar coat / white wash, call it what you will. I firmly believe that "significant finance" should be provided to Levein, given we are sticking with him despite this seasons failings. The available budget should be enough to see him comfortably have the 4th biggest in the league. It is my personal opinion however that everything should be done to push the boat out and give him as much as possible this summer such is the need for player turnover and the required quality we need throughout the squad. It will also give him absolutely no more excuses!  Any spare money should be sent his way and not used on additional non essential stadia upgrades. You are the one nitpicking at one of many comments but I hope this clarifies my position.  

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We don't know what the other clubs Player Budgets are but if history is anything to go by then it is fairly likely that we will be around the fourth biggest. Do you not agree?

Yes, I agree that it's likely.

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would agree if they can be moved on for nothing but how likely that is I am not sure. They both have contracts that are not due to expire for a while yet so it may cost us to get rid of them which ultimately allows us less cash to bring in alternatives. If they refuse to go then we have to honour their contracts or try and loan them out again and at least get a contribution to their wage costs.

Davy - from what I've heard I think there is a much better chance of Sammon moving in without requiring a significant sweetener than there is Martin. The former is a good guy who it didn't work out for at Hearts but he has wanted to go out and play football and has done an admirable job of getting his career back up and running. I think he will be easy to deal with. Martin on the other hand.....we are going to have to pay him off the majority if not all of his remaining contract. A disastrous and ill advised signing, we are not the first club he has done this to! Less than 140 appearances (many from the bench) in a more tan 10 year career tells its own story, he simply isn't bothered about playing. He has been an absolute shocker for us especially given our recent and ongoing financial position. 

As you well know I used that as one example of something that she COULD have said that would have given rise to way more optimism with regards the playing side of things that in my view she once again tried to sugar coat / white wash, call it what you will. I firmly believe that "significant finance" should be provided to Levein, given we are sticking with him despite this seasons failings. The available budget should be enough to see him comfortably have the 4th biggest in the league. It is my personal opinion however that everything should be done to push the boat out and give him as much as possible this summer such is the need for player turnover and the required quality we need throughout the squad. It will also give him absolutely no more excuses!  Any spare money should be sent his way and not used on additional non essential stadia upgrades. You are the one nitpicking at one of many comments but I hope this clarifies my position.  

But you cannot have an opinion without some substance to back it up.  What are the respective budgets?

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But you cannot have an opinion without some substance to back it up.  What are the respective budgets?

An opinion does not require facts. It is up to you to prove my opinion wrong. If you can show me 4 teams playing budgets that are bigger than Hearts then bash on.

For the record this is the average salaries of the teams in the SPL last season:

Salary league table

6 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Ah, the old nitpicking complaint, always used by someone feeling uncomfortable when his statements are being questioned.  You used it sooner than I expected.

Now that we've reached that stage in the discussion, let's just leave it.  I guess that you were in such a rush to be negative about Ann Budge, you didn't properly think through your post. 

Davy - from what I've heard I think there is a much better chance of Sammon moving in without requiring a significant sweetener than there is Martin. The former is a good guy who it didn't work out for at Hearts but he has wanted to go out and play football and has done an admirable job of getting his career back up and running. I think he will be easy to deal with. Martin on the other hand.....we are going to have to pay him off the majority if not all of his remaining contract. A disastrous and ill advised signing, we are not the first club he has done this to! Less than 140 appearances (many from the bench) in a more tan 10 year career tells its own story, he simply isn't bothered about playing. He has been an absolute shocker for us especially given our recent and ongoing financial position. 

Martin is not the only "shocker" either unfortunately. The amount of money wasted on paying off failed signings must be considerable over the last few years although we have made some money from a few sales.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ah, the old nitpicking complaint, always used by someone feeling uncomfortable when his statements are being questioned.  You used it sooner than I expected.

Now that we've reached that stage in the discussion, let's just leave it.  I guess that you were in such a rush to be negative about Ann Budge, you didn't properly think through your post. 

Is your comment not just the same as what you are having a go at Hendricks for?

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Lol. What a lot of nonsense. I'm sure Budge will be delighted at your attempts to protect her from those naughty dissenting voices on JKB though!  Should gain you some brownie points towards a cosy little Q&A again sometime soon! Don't ask her too many "uncomfortable" questions will you! 

An opinion does not require facts. It is up to you to prove my opinion wrong. If you can show me 4 teams playing budgets that are bigger than Hearts then bash on.

For the record this is the average salaries of the teams in the SPL last season:

Salary league table

For a start we're talking about THIS season are we not?

Hibs are therefore missing so that would probably make us 5th bearing in mind we are paying for a new stand which only started at the rear end of last season and we would also have to had to pay for the rent of Murrayfield.

Unless you're going to produce actual figures of PLAYING BUDGET I suggest you're whistling in the dark to your negative agenda.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hibs are therefore missing so that would probably make us 5th bearing in mind we are paying for a new stand which only started at the rear end of last season and we would also have to had to pay for the rent of Murrayfield.

Unless you're going to produce actual figures of PLAYING BUDGET I suggest you're whistling in the dark to your negative agenda.

So let me get this right it's ok for you to base your argument on an assumption unless of course you have proof that Hibs have in fact the fourth highest player budget but you want Hendricks to produce actual figures?

Sounds fair!!

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Al do you not remember the fact that AB herself said that the Playing Budget would not be affected by the new stand and the additional costs were covered by other means.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Al do you not remember the fact that AB herself said that the Playing Budget would not be affected by the new stand and the additional costs were covered by other means.

Our playing budget has clearly gone up, or at least no declined, since we started building the stand. Lafferty, Naismith, Berra.... big wages for that lot alone. Others like Hughes and Smith are internationals.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Not sure mate. I had him down as more of a Hibsish Hearts sorta felly.

Frankenstein would have been proud of that "monstrous" creation!!!

27 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Salary league table

This season we are 5th in terms of wages etc. We are underperforming obviously being behind Killie right now, as we did last season too, but the facts are that a 5th place THIS season would have us finishing where we should budget wise, just as we did under Neilson when he got 3rd.

10 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

This season we are 5th in terms of wages etc. We are underperforming obviously being behind Killie right now, as we did last season too, but the facts are that a 5th place THIS season would have us finishing where we should budget wise, just as we did under Neilson when he got 3rd.

Are we? Are we really? Sure.

JamboAl will be along in a minute to ask you to provide evidence that Hibs have a bigger playing budget than Hearts so I won't need to.

1...2....3.....where is he?

15 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Our playing budget has clearly gone up, or at least no declined, since we started building the stand. Lafferty, Naismith, Berra.... big wages for that lot alone. Others like Hughes and Smith are internationals.

So you think we have signed those players and Hibs still have a bigger playing budget?????   Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I do remember and we have no evidence that the playing budget has been affected.

I have explained to you before - and I took it quite slowly - that when a business formulates its spending plans for the season/year ahead they allocate budgets to the various heads of expected expenditure.  Our playing budget would have been lower this year than it would if we had had no stand expenditure.  If we assume (for illustration purposes only) the playing budget was say 40% of total expenditure and the stand allocation was 30%, what she is saying is that if the stand costs overrun she will not take anything from the playing budget but will find the shortfall some other way.  Is that too hard to understand?

Using these fictitious figures if we had no material stand costs this year, the player budget might have been around 70% of our total expenditure which could be the case in a couple of years' time.  I re-iterate these are fictitious figures used for illustration purposes only so don't come back next season and say there is only 45% or 50% in the playing budget.

Archived