Update from Ann

Chaps

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

I knew there was a reason I still bother with this place. 

:greatpost:

Certainly not the people who run it??

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ann Budge's statement, the most recent in a series, is an attempt to keep Hearts fans apprised of what is going on at the Club.  I cannot say if her attempts to be open and transparent are unique in Scottish football, but I think they are commendable.  She's doing what she said she would do.

All your posts on this thread have focused on one section of the statement, the part about the poor performance on the field this season, and have ignored the rest of her statement.  You appear to have taken umbrage because she hasn't used the words you think she should have used.  In your view, she should have been more humble and apologetic.  If that's the full extent of your complaint, then I have to say that you don't have much to complain about.  But then, maybe you just like to find fault.

Everyone associated with Hearts is well aware that it has been a disappointing season ... everyone.  The Club's management team are no exception.  But they're not about to make rash promises like "significant finance will be provided" as you suggest, just to make people feel better.  The amount of money available to CL will be a percentage of turnover.  That's good business sense, and it should also be enough for CL to put a competitive team on the field.

You're entitled to believe that the Club think supporters zip up the back, but you're wrong and the comment is completely unhelpful.  If you've read all of Ann Budge's posted comments, you'll realise that she has the highest regard for Hearts fans, and has often stated that it is the fans who have saved the Club.  Your comment was a cheap shot at someone who has done more for Hearts than you will ever do.  You say you're not angry.  Your comments say otherwise.  You need to ask yourself why you're so angry about this.

doff_hat-men1a.thumb.jpg.82045218af173054d1bd92b848464e7d.jpg

Francis Albert

I understand why Ann should make only between the lines comments about our disappointing on field performances this season.

But then I read Craig's comments in the ST renewal brochure and read no hint that maybe we haven't quite achieved our on field objectives this season nor anything to really encourage us to hope for anything better next season.

Instead he seems to think the redevelopment of Tynecastle is complete.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I understand why Ann should make only between the lines comments about our disappointing on field performances this season.

But then I read Craig's comments in the ST renewal brochure and read no hint that maybe we haven't quite achieved our on field objectives this season nor anything to really encourage us to hope for anything better next season.

Instead he seems to think the redevelopment of Tynecastle is complete.

Maybe he looks at it in terms of budget allocation? As opposed to striding around the stand in a pair of riggers and a hard hat?

I've speculated before about the possibility of a new shirt sponsor next season while maintaining a relationship with Save the Children.

Anyone know if that's on the cards? Big load of lovely money.

Francis Albert

Maybe he looks at it in terms of budget allocation? As opposed to striding around the stand in a pair of riggers and a hard hat?

Not sure what that means. But he doesn't promise or even specifically aspire to anything better on the pitch next season..

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Not sure what that means. But he doesn't promise or even specifically aspire to anything better on the pitch next season..

Cool. Sorry you couldn’t understand.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've speculated before about the possibility of a new shirt sponsor next season while maintaining a relationship with Save the Children.

Ann has a history of that sort of thing. Big windfalls from the left field. I wouldn’t rule that one out Chief! ?

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As far as I know, there are no plans for that.  Nor are there any plans for a stadium sponsor.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As far as I know, there are no plans for that.  Nor are there any plans for a stadium sponsor.

Dull yin... however... don’t think many folk knew about Save the Children or the benefactors before the deals were done, so... ?

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Cool. Sorry you couldn’t understand.

OK. Maybe someone else will interpret for me. And explain why a main board Director of the club should apparently need to be striding around the stand in a pair of riggers and hard hat to know about the current status of the new stand development.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. Maybe someone else will interpret for me. And explain why a main board Director of the club should apparently need to be striding around the stand in a pair of riggers and hard hat to know about the current status of the new stand development.

Maybe just file it under ‘panoramic’ and move on old felly? :thumbsup:

Dull yin... however... don’t think many folk knew about Save the Children or the benefactors before the deals were done, so... ?

True, so something unexpected might yet appear about the shirt.  There will be no deal on stadium naming rights, though.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

True, so something unexpected might yet appear about the shirt.  There will be no deal on stadium naming rights, though.

Thanks for the info Ron. ?

Alma Matters
12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Did the pieman ever pay for his season book?? Does he now?

Excuse my ignorance, but is him getting a freebie a legal requirement with being an ex-owner, or is it just a 'gentlemans' agreement?

12 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks for that.  Great if one of those tech giants like Facebook slipped us £50m or so.  They'd never miss it.

And the seethe from our great friends would be mega.

10 minutes ago, Alma Matters said:

Oh look,it's the Spencer & Ryder thread. Again

Mate you saying Spencer is Hendricks?

Mate you saying Spencer is Hendricks?

They are interchangeable to be fair.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

They are interchangeable to be fair.

Spendricks?

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for that.  Great if one of those tech giants like Facebook slipped us £50m or so.  They'd never miss it.

And the seethe from our great friends would be mega.

I think Facebook probably need all the dollar they have at the minute.

Spendricks?

Aye something like that. Strange he hasn't replied to ML's post yet. He's usually quick off the mark.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Aye something like that. Strange he hasn't replied to ML's post yet. He's usually quick off the mark.

They usually are...

5 hours ago, rick witter said:

Exactly. Whilst I am pleased off field things are happening it’s the team that we all want to know about and how much money for transfers/wages we will have to make us competitive for a top 4 Place next year. 

There was just not enough content about the team for me in the statement or what the club sees as acceptable in terms of league position for next year. We must be top 4 next year. 

Why do you want to know that?

If AB tells you that, other clubs/players will know as well and could adjust their demands accordingly.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The overwhelming message I take from the statement is that every pound is a prisoner and that we will have to be satisfied with jam tomorrow.

I'd expect that the club has only barely met its minimum financial and performance targets for this season, e.g. ST sales, match day revenue, hospitality, top 6 finish, transfer fee income.

The costs related the the Tynecastle development programme look as if they have gone well over budget (perhaps even more that has been communicated to date) to the extent that items previously included in the original budget, such as the new pitch and some the phase 3 development, don't presently have funding in place, hence the early call for cash and the increased ST prices.

I'm sure that Ann would prefer that any new funding provides an immediate return on the investment, e.g. hospitality, bars and other spectator facilities.  However it seems that some of the big ticket items such as the nursery and the pitch are now the top priorities but won't provide a direct return to the club.

It's all a fine balancing act. Ultimately the club's future prosperity will be dependent on success on the pitch, but while the bulk of income is derived from that source, so are the costs.  There is a need to ensure that investment in the football operation get's its share of any increased revenue.  To that extent I'd be more comfortable delaying some of the infrastructure programme until such time as it can be afforded.   

I think Ann said we were on course to break even which almost certainly relates to our accounting year but that may still leave a short period (close season/reduced income) when we could have cash flow problems, especially with the new pitch which has little time flexibility.  Overall we may not be over budget but that is as much a guess as yours that we may have exceeded it.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Ann Budge's statement, the most recent in a series, is an attempt to keep Hearts fans apprised of what is going on at the Club.  I cannot say if her attempts to be open and transparent are unique in Scottish football, but I think they are commendable.  She's doing what she said she would do.

All your posts on this thread have focused on one section of the statement, the part about the poor performance on the field this season, and have ignored the rest of her statement.  You appear to have taken umbrage because she hasn't used the words you think she should have used.  In your view, she should have been more humble and apologetic.  If that's the full extent of your complaint, then I have to say that you don't have much to complain about.  But then, maybe you just like to find fault.

Everyone associated with Hearts is well aware that it has been a disappointing season ... everyone.  The Club's management team are no exception.  But they're not about to make rash promises like "significant finance will be provided" as you suggest, just to make people feel better.  The amount of money available to CL will be a percentage of turnover.  That's good business sense, and it should also be enough for CL to put a competitive team on the field.

You're entitled to believe that the Club think supporters zip up the back, but you're wrong and the comment is completely unhelpful.  If you've read all of Ann Budge's posted comments, you'll realise that she has the highest regard for Hearts fans, and has often stated that it is the fans who have saved the Club.  Your comment was a cheap shot at someone who has done more for Hearts than you will ever do.  You say you're not angry.  Your comments say otherwise.  You need to ask yourself why you're so angry about this.

I appreciate Budge's updates and have said as much many times. It is a very refreshing approach especially in the world of Scottish football. 

However I make absolutely no apologies for concentrating largely on the part of the statement about "the poor performance on the field this season" even though I did on numerous occasions commend the continual off field progress. The reason I made reference to the football side of the club is because I firmly believe we are massively underachieving even whilst rebuilding has been going on off the park. Your assertion that my complaint was solely based on her not being "humble and apologetic" is complete nonsense and extremely selective reading from someone with way more intelligence. The comment is completely unhelpful! Personally I thought her comments today regarding the football side of the club were pretty laughable (first 1/4 final since 2012 and everyone pulling to get into the top 6 the particular lowlights!) but really what does it matter, its been done to death. We all know she will give her man another summer so its all on him now and if he fails we will see if she really has the interests of the clubs fans at heart.

It surprises me little to hear you talking for the club "everyone associated with Hearts" and claiming "everyone is aware its been a disappointing season" as if you have that knowledge from each and every person. Many of their on field performances would suggest otherwise as would the tactics in certain games. I'm well aware you need to keep the club hierarchy on board so as to ensure the limited access JKB is allowed continues but save me the sanctimonious bullshit and suggestion that Budge is immune to criticism. She has been praised by me many times and has rightly been lauded for her role in our survival but the thousands of Hearts fans, who have way less than her, have played their part too and are entitled to their opinion about what we see week in week out. As I said earlier in the thread I'm far from angry, I'm disappointed that Hearts continue to be a a club that is nowhere near the sum of all our parts.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I appreciate Budge's updates and have said as much many times. It is a very refreshing approach especially in the world of Scottish football. 

However I make absolutely no apologies for concentrating largely on the part of the statement about "the poor performance on the field this season" even though I did on numerous occasions commend the continual off field progress. The reason I made reference to the football side of the club is because I firmly believe we are massively underachieving even whilst rebuilding has been going on off the park. Your assertion that my complaint was solely based on her not being "humble and apologetic" is complete nonsense and extremely selective reading from someone with way more intelligence. The comment is completely unhelpful! Personally I  believe her comments today regarding the football side of the club were pretty laughable (first 1/4 final since 2012 and everyone pulling to get into the top 6 are particular lowlights!) but really what does it matter, its been done to death. We all know she will give her man another summer so its all on him now and if he fails we will see if she really has the interests of the clubs fans at heart.

It surprises me little to hear you talking for the club "everyone associated with Hearts" and claiming "everyone is aware its bene a disappointing season" as if you have that knowledge from each and every person. Many of their on field performances would suggest otherwise as would the tactics in certain games. I'm well aware you need to keep the club hierarchy on board so as to ensure the limited access JKB is allowed continues but save me the sanctimonious bullshit and suggestion that Budge is immune to criticism. She has been praised by me many times and has rightly been lauded for her role in our survival but the thousands of Hearts fans, who have way less than her, have played their part too and are entitled to their opinion about what we see week in week out. As I said earlier in the thread I'm far from angry, I'm disappointed that Hearts continue to be a a club that is nowhere near the sum of all our parts.

That's your stock in trade.

CL is the one who make statements on the playing side while AB does the general stuff.

I often think with your rants about the playing issues that you, and your tribe, protest just a bit too much.  It is is boring, repetitive and reeks to be quite frank.

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's your stock in trade.

CL is the one who make statements on the playing side while AB does the general stuff.

I often think with your rants about the playing issues that you, and your tribe, protest just a bit too much.  It is is boring, repetitive and reeks to be quite frank.

Thanks for your input once again. I have to be honest and say I barely read it. Your banal responses to mine are way more boring than anything I contribute to the board that is for absolute certain! 

15 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Thanks for your input once again. I have to be honest and say I barely read it. Your banal responses to mine are way more boring than anything I contribute to the board that is for absolute certain! 

I doubt it.

Every subject is taken round to your weeping "I want better football. Look at me".

When we're not winning we all want that but you and your cronies just seem to exaggerate your pain.

Give it a rest and do us all a favour.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I doubt it.

Every subject is taken round to your weeping "I want better football. Look at me".

When we're not winning we all want that but you and your cronies just seem to exaggerate your pain.

Give it a rest and do us all a favour.

Nah.

3 hours ago, Alma Matters said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is him getting a freebie a legal requirement with being an ex-owner, or is it just a 'gentlemans' agreement?

It is a gentleman’s agreement.  And one he tried to dodge, when he tried to ban Mercer from the Directors’ Box. 

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

However I make absolutely no apologies for concentrating largely on the part of the statement about "the poor performance on the field this season" even though I did on numerous occasions commend the continual off field progress. The reason I made reference to the football side of the club is because I firmly believe we are massively underachieving even whilst rebuilding has been going on off the park. Your assertion that my complaint was solely based on her not being "humble and apologetic" is complete nonsense and extremely selective reading from someone with way more intelligence. The comment is completely unhelpful! Personally I thought her comments today regarding the football side of the club were pretty laughable (first 1/4 final since 2012 and everyone pulling to get into the top 6 the particular lowlights!) but really what does it matter, its been done to death. We all know she will give her man another summer so its all on him now and if he fails we will see if she really has the interests of the clubs fans at heart.

It surprises me little to hear you talking for the club "everyone associated with Hearts" and claiming "everyone is aware its been a disappointing season" as if you have that knowledge from each and every person. Many of their on field performances would suggest otherwise as would the tactics in certain games. I'm well aware you need to keep the club hierarchy on board so as to ensure the limited access JKB is allowed continues but save me the sanctimonious bullshit and suggestion that Budge is immune to criticism. She has been praised by me many times and has rightly been lauded for her role in our survival but the thousands of Hearts fans, who have way less than her, have played their part too and are entitled to their opinion about what we see week in week out. As I said earlier in the thread I'm far from angry, I'm disappointed that Hearts continue to be a a club that is nowhere near the sum of all our parts.

Regurgitatated drivel.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Regurgitatated drivel.

:laugh:  Did someone teach you a big word today pal? Feels good to use one eh!! 

11 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

:laugh:  Did someone teach you a big word today pal? Feels good to use one eh!! 

Not really, just my opinion to the repetitive taradiddle you spraff on a daily basis.

22 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not really, just my opinion to the repetitive taradiddle you spraff on a daily basis.

Don’t like it, block me. You contribute absolutely nothing to Kickback other than bitching about other posters airing their views. The day I stop posting an opinion on the back of that is the day they put me in a wooden box. 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Don’t like it, block me. You contribute absolutely nothing to Kickback other than bitching about other posters airing their views. The day I stop posting an opinion on the back of that is the day they put me in a wooden box. 

Yip ,. Him and another especially only want to round on posters with different views .

Its a tad childish .

Unless they are still at school . 

Does anyone read great big, huge big posts? I don't, particularly if they aren't regularly broken up into paragraphs.

Waste of effort typing them I reckon.

44 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Yip ,. Him and another especially only want to round on posters with different views .

Its a tad childish .

Unless they are still at school . 

Going by some of the words Oliver Twist is using, he must just be out of a double English session. 

ford donald
7 hours ago, Alma Matters said:

Usually standard with ex-chairman.

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

The standard reply from the run of the mill regurgitated drivel merchant. An R.D.M.

Without me and my ilk your life is obviously meaningless so be careful what you wish for.

rick witter
8 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Regurgitating drivel.

Changed the word this morning I see. Do you ever post anything that resembles debate? 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone read great big, huge big posts? I don't, particularly if they aren't regularly broken up into paragraphs.

Waste of effort typing them I reckon.

Never read one of the many hendrick posts on here, I presume they are all a tirade against our club. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Changed the word this morning I see. Do you ever post anything that resembles debate? 

No.

Is that against the rules?

9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I await a reasonable response to your question.  If he gets involved in a decent debate he might even win them over.  

13 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

No.

Is that against the rules?

It isn't against the rules. Doesn't do your argument or the board any good.  Disagree with posters but at least give reasons for it. You might convince them you're right.  Is no one allowed to criticise anything about how things have been going at the club.  There's enough people on here blindly following the party line as it is.

Geoff Kilpatrick
38 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

The standard reply from the run of the mill regurgitated drivel merchant. An R.D.M.

Without me and my ilk your life is obviously meaningless so be careful what you wish for.

:cornette:

Just now, Elmore said:

It isn't against the rules. Doesn't do your argument or the board any good.  Disagree with posters but at least give reasons for it. You might convince them you're right.  Is no one allowed to criticise anything about how things have been going at the club.  There's enough people on here blindly following the party line as it is.

I'm not arguing with anybody that spends every waking hour abusing players, management and staff at Hearts. You can't convince the likes of Hendricks or Spencer of anything. Absolutely zero point in trying, I'm only pointing out they're constant regurgitated drivel. 

Archived