Update from Ann

Chaps

Just now, Hendricks said:

So you think we have signed those players and Hibs still have a bigger playing budget?????   Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I think Hibs and us might almost be on par now they have binned Stokes and we have Naismith.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren

If Ann had come out and said we were focussing on the team and investing large sums in the playing squad this summer there would be those that wouldn’t believe her anyway. They would be demanding details of the figures or similar. 

It seems clear to me that we are focusing more on the team and have delayed the completion of the stand to reduce the cash flow stretch to allow that to happen. Signing Naismith shows we will push the boat out when required. 

Big Slim Stylee
On 3/21/2018 at 02:09, Ryder said:

No mention of many courteous emails from supporters demanding improvement. :(

First thing that jumped out at me.

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Are we? Are we really? Sure.

JamboAl will be along in a minute to ask you to provide evidence that Hibs have a bigger playing budget than Hearts so I won't need to.

1...2....3.....where is he?

We have been paying catch up with Hibs and I think at the start of this season we were still paying less for our squad overall. For a start we have a lot more youth players in our first team squad. Hibs were forking out 200 grand for players when in the Championship. We only started paying fees around that level when we got up, and even then waited a while.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Are we? Are we really? Sure.

JamboAl will be along in a minute to ask you to provide evidence that Hibs have a bigger playing budget than Hearts so I won't need to.

1...2....3.....where is he?

I think you mean you haven't a clue but we knew that.

PS - I don't know either but I'm not the one with the obsession.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I think you mean you haven't a clue but we knew that.

PS - I don't know either but I'm not the one with the obsession.

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well that was a good cowardly response!

He does that when he doesn't have a clever response lined up :)

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

To be fair, he’s been on the ropes for the last couple of days, on the receiving end of some properly twattish chat, so he is allowed the odd facepalm. 

And that is not defending his comments, by the way. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, he’s been on the ropes for the last couple of days, on the receiving end of some properly twattish chat, so he is allowed the odd facepalm. 

A facepalm is his cowardly way out and shows him up for his negative agenda being the driver for the trash he spouts.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It got the level of effort it deserved as do most of your posts in fairness. You may not have noticed as you don't appear the brightest but at least people like Socrates receive an argument to their opinions even if I don't agree with them. You, you just troll around the board so no apologies from me treating your snide comments with the contempt they deserve. 

Just now, JamboAl said:

A facepalm is his cowardly way out and shows him up for his negative agenda being the driver for the trash he spouts.

Great sentence. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

It got the level of effort it deserved as do most of your posts in fairness. You may not have noticed as you don't appear the brightest but at least people like Socrates receive an argument to their opinions even if I don't agree with them. You, you just troll around the board so no apologies from me treating your snide comments with the contempt they deserve. 

Just tell the truth.  You're in a corner and can't see a way out.  I understand fully.

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cheers.

No issue at all with people disagreeing with view points or opinions or even suggesting that I'm taking a too negative stance on a certain issue. Some of those views probably come across a lot much more gentle (and dare I say easier to understand!) in real life but I enjoy the banter and debate on what is the main Hearts forum. If people take it too seriously (and I've been guilty of that myself many times over the years) then so be it but some of the stuff can cross a line which really isn't necessary. Bizarrely its being allowed! Go figure as to why!

Just now, JamboAl said:

Just tell the truth.  You're in a corner and can't see a way out.  I understand fully.

I'm in no corner, you've been well and truly owned as per usual. I actually think you might be drunk. 

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I'm in no corner, you've been well and truly owned as per usual. I actually think you might be drunk. 

Punch drunk maybe.

Just answer the question.  You said

The available budget should be enough to see him comfortably have the 4th biggest in the league.

All I want to know is

On what data do you base this?

No need to wriggle, squirm or  be offensive - just answer the question.

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Great sentence. :facepalm:

JamboAl is employed by one of the large Accountancy practices. He is a very learned chap

So he proclaims 

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Punch drunk maybe.

Just answer the question.  You said

The available budget should be enough to see him comfortably have the 4th biggest in the league.

All I want to know is

On what data do you base this?

No need to wriggle, squirm or  be offensive - just answer the question.

On what basis do you believe a Hibs team promoted form the Championship have a bigger wage budget than Hearts? What color is the sky in your world or do you just listen to Socrates who apparently is now very well versed in the finances of Hibernain Football Club oh and the career of Dennis Irwin  :rofl:

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I’m not sure your post deserved more tbh

37 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

First thing that jumped out at me.

It’s almost like some folk talk utter pish.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Ryder said:

It’s almost like some folk talk utter pish.

Another siesta??

Seriously mate, go and have some holiday fun with family cos this thread is a car crash taking place in a cul-de-sac

6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

JamboAl is employed by one of the large Accountancy practices. He is a very learned chap

So he proclaims 

In fact he is not. 

I think you should re-read the relevant post or one may conclude you are not a learned chap.

Unknown user

If you guys can take another five months of this shite without going mental with the block hammer you're better men than me

Help for Hendicks required, clearly needed, wallows in Hearts failures, comes across as angry and confrontational with a love to ‘wind up’ well meaning Hearts fans. Perhaps has suffered some recent trauma?

Help please!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

If you guys can take another five months of this shite without going mental with the block hammer you're better men than me

I want people to stop quoting them as well ?

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

So he proclaims 

JamboAl working on Hibs mysterious playing budget.......

Image result for kids abacus

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I want people to stop quoting them as well ?

I was trying not to say that directly!

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Help for Hendicks required, clearly needed, wallows in Hearts failures, comes across as angry and confrontational with a love to ‘wind up’ well meaning Hearts fans. Perhaps has suffered some recent trauma?

Help please!

The block feature is your friend if my posts are all too much for you. There's a guid lad. 

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

On what basis do you believe a Hibs team promoted form the Championship have a bigger wage budget than Hearts? What color is the sky in your world or do you just listen to Socrates who apparently is now very well versed in the finances of Hibernain Football Club oh and the career of Dennis Irwin  :rofl:

I do not know nor have I claimed they do.  I have inferred it is possible because part of our expenditure will be allocated to the new stand (it won't pay for itself).

Yet again your only answer is to be rude to others and I am not working on any Hibs budget.

I am sitting here waiting for you to justify a bit of sh*te you posted and as usual you are failing miserably.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was trying not to say that directly!

I did. No point conversing with them.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

The block feature is your friend if my posts are all too much for you. There's a guid lad. 

Please get help, you owe yourself that! You will get better!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Please get help, you owe yourself that! You will get better!

I'm perfectly fine my good man, in a good spot right now. It appears you are extremely perturbed by my postings on an internet football message board though which is kind of bewildering!  That being the case I'd suggest its you that needs help.

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I'm perfectly fine my good man, in a good spot right now. It appears you are extremely perturbed by my postings on an internet football message board though which is kind of bewildering!  That being the case I'd suggest its you that needs help.

Perhaps one day ...... until then I wish you well ......

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

In fact he is not. 

I think you should re-read the relevant post or one may conclude you are not a learned chap.

Accountancy trained? 

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I did. No point conversing with them.

Wasn't that when you were stalking profiles and telling people you had to keep an eye on them :thumbsup:

Footballfirst

At the AGM in December, total staff costs were forecast to go up from £5.9m last year to £6.3m (6.8%) this year, but we don't know for certain how much was earmarked for the playing squad. Ann's reported £1m increase in turnover this year represents an increase of 8.9%.

However, the club did indicate that the player costs were 29% and 27% of turnover in 2015/16 and 2016/17

That equates to £2.9m and £3.0m for those two seasons.

Another measure given was that player costs were 58% and 57% of staff costs in 2015/16 and 2016/17

That equates to £3.2m and £3.4m

Why the end figures are different I don't know, but between those two seasons player costs went up by between 4.8% and 5.1%.

Meanwhile turnover between those two years went up by 12.9%, i.e. significantly more.

There are a number of other investments in the football operation that are not player wages, e.g. transfer fees, DOF, management and coaching costs, so investment in the squad can be greater or less than the narrow measure of player wages..

All we can be sure about is that player wages are going up,  but slower than the club's income, which suggests that spending on the team is being squeezed while the stand in being funded.  That situation is likely to continue for three of four years while the Bidco loan and the new £1.75m loan are repaid. 

Facts: We've had a relatively poor season. Our budget is £4.83 more than Hibs. There is no silverware in Leith.

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

At the AGM in December, total staff costs were forecast to go up from £5.9m last year to £6.3m (6.8%) this year, but we don't know for certain how much was earmarked for the playing squad. Ann's reported £1m increase in turnover this year represents an increase of 8.9%.

However, the club did indicated that the player costs were 29% and 27% of turnover in 2015/16 and 2016/17

That equates to £2.9m and £3.0m for those two seasons.

Another measure given was that player costs were 58% and 57% of staff costs in 2015/16 and 2016/17

That equates to £3.2m and £3.4m

Why the end figures are different I don't know, but between those two seasons player costs went up by between 4.8% and 5.1%.

Meanwhile turnover between those two years went up by 12.9%, i.e. significantly more.

There are a number of other investments in the football operation that are not player wages, e.g. transfer fees, DOF, management and coaching costs, so investment in the squad can be greater or less than the narrow measure of player wages..

All we can be sure about is that player wages are going up,  but slower than the club's income, which suggests that spending on the team is being squeezed while the stand in being funded.  That situation is likely to continue for three of four years while the Bidco loan and the new £1.75m loan are repaid. 

Very interesting reading as always. 

Hibs ‘staff costs’ last year would appear to have been £4.5 million significantly less than the £5.9 million ours were...

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8130

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

This season we are 5th in terms of wages etc. We are underperforming obviously being behind Killie right now, as we did last season too, but the facts are that a 5th place THIS season would have us finishing where we should budget wise, just as we did under Neilson when he got 3rd.

Once again I disagree that Hibs are paying higher wages than we are. The wages they’re paying the likes of Ambrose, Stokes and Whittaker have in no way taken their wage nil above our especially with the signings we’ve made this season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-weekly-wages-revealed-11596087

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again I disagree that Hibs are paying higher wages than we are. The wages they’re paying the likes of Ambrose, Stokes and Whittaker have in no way taken their wage nil above our especially with the signings we’ve made this season.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-weekly-wages-revealed-11596087

What's the total though? A quick scan of the Hearts and Hibs squads shows we both have around 23 first team players but our squad is much younger on average and so will be paid less. We have 5 youth players to their 3. I'd be surprised if our total at the start of this season, or even the end including Naismith, is bigger. I do think we are finally roughly on a par with Hibs at least. We are still way behind Aberdeen though which is unusual for us, but they have really invested heavily in players to win them that league cup and get bumped out of Europe early for a few seasons.

Pasquale for King
Just now, socrates82 said:

What's the total though? A quick scan of the Hearts and Hibs squads shows we both have around 23 first team players but our squad is much younger on average and so will be paid less. We have 5 youth players to their 3. I'd be surprised if our total at the start of this season, or even the end including Naismith, is bigger/

We’ve played 37 players this season, their wages will be practically the same as last year (£1.6k a week to our £1.9k average) as they’ve signed/loaned less players. As you’ve said the wages for guys like Berra/Lafferty/Naismith will have taken ours up again.

51 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Wasn't that when you were stalking profiles and telling people you had to keep an eye on them :thumbsup:

Wasn't it you that admitted to making up stories about the relationship between Levein and Budge??

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’ve played 37 players this season, their wages will be practically the same as last year (£1.6k a week to our £1.9k average) as they’ve signed/loaned less players. As you’ve said the wages for guys like Berra/Lafferty/Naismith will have taken ours up again.

What's the total wage budget of both clubs?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

What's the total wage budget of both clubs?

:laugh:

It never fails!

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It never fails!

What is it? I'm genuinely interested as that average figure doesn't say how many players it covers or whether it includes youngsters or what. If you look at Hibs squad you can see how it would cost a fair bit more when this season started.

Total wage budget is the only sum that matters in this discussion surely?

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It never fails!

The boy is absolutely hilarious!!! He’s on another thread using words including “perfect” to describe our player recruitment. And no, I’m not joking. It’s truly phenomenal the way he tries to spin literally everything!  

Archived