Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Alex Kintner

Anyone whose reason for not renewing after 35 years is football-based needs to have a long hard look at whether they’re cutting their nose off to spite their face. If you hate the manager more than you love the club then it’s time to seriously have a look at yourself. 

If it’s based on a combination of factors such as finances, availability, family then fair enough. If it’s purely due to Levein then not enough cornettes in the world to do that one justice.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh no. Not the groovy gang.  

Not giving you that... Copyright. 

We're the happy clappers. 

You are the in the groovy gang. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Watch out, Enzo, the JKB mob is coming for you.

pitchfork-torch-mob.jpg

He loves the attention imo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, awadooningorgie2 said:

Perhaps just as important - or more so - is how much money is raised by Season Ticket sales..... ? It would appear we have managed to achieve a very healthy number of sales in the face of big increases in cost for a lot of supporters.

Revenue of course is the key. Sell 15000 at a £1 you get 15k, sell 1000 at £1000 you earn £1m

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Anyone whose reason for not renewing after 35 years is football-based needs to have a long hard look at whether they’re cutting their nose off to spite their face. If you hate the manager more than you love the club then it’s time to seriously have a look at yourself. 

If it’s based on a combination of factors such as finances, availability, family then fair enough. If it’s purely due to Levein then not enough cornettes in the world to do that one justice.

Wind your neck in.

I only attended 9 of the 18.

i have not renewed, my ST cost is £340 (approx £19pm)

As a walk up supporter, I will most likely pay more than that over the season.

2 derbies will set me back £60.

factors for me,

****ing freezing watching shit fitba' (draws Partick & Ross Co, etc)

Spending more freetime with family

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wind your neck in.

factors for me,

So your reasons aren’t purely performance based and are based on how many games you’ll make and family reasons. Totally understandable. Did you even read my post? :cornette_dog:

Tommy Brown
Just now, Frank1874 said:

So your reasons aren’t purely performance based and are based on how many games you’ll make and family reasons. Totally understandable. Did you even read my post? :cornette_dog:

IAye, I did.

But I am pointing out that walk up fans will pay their way into our success.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

IAye, I did.

They absolutely will. Doesn’t change the fact that not renewing after 35 years purely due to Levein is pathetic.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

IAye, I did.

Having the money up front allows the club to decide on possible signings knowing exactly what revenue they have, going by your point they wouldn't know how many walk ups they will achieve on matchdays.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wind your neck in.

factors for me,

Obviously it is your own choice what you do and how you spend your money.

However 6 Cat A games sets you back about £180 as well as the possibility that there could be some Cat B games as well you might fancy. A good start to the season and people could be struggling to get tickets for Cat A  games especially if we continue to give OF and Hibs the whole Roseburn stand.

I think a ST is worth it as it saves the hassle of ordering tickets and missing out on big games.

More hibs fans turn up the better they are going to be rotten this season and it may just put some off for life.

Even at the crest of their greatest ever wave they can only match us what a sad we pathetic team they are really.

I see the old season ticket, badge of honour chat has started up again.

Very well done !

Don't rise to it, Tommy.

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He loves the attention imo

In that regard he is far from alone.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I see the old season ticket, badge of honour chat has started up again.

Very well done !

Don't rise to it, Tommy.

Good advice.

4 minutes ago, Rents said:

More hibs fans turn up the better they are going to be rotten this season and it may just put some off for life.

Even at the crest of their greatest ever wave they can only match us what a sad we pathetic team they are really.

They haven't overtaken us until ALL the sales are finished.

We have a lot more milage left in our sales than they have.

By the time the sales which are not covered in the dot count are added we are on at least 13k. 

Like for like with last season we are on course to be about 700 down.  A good start to the LC campaign and most of these fans can be won back.

I don't see anyone having a go at folk for not buying a ST where there are any numbers of reasons - economic, social, family, etc - for not doing so.  It's the 'not buying as protest' that is the issue.  And that's fine if that's the choice you make.  But don't then bleat that more Hibs fans are buying STs than Hearts fans.

Early friendlies have shown some positive signs and by most accounts from attendees there is much to look forward to.  Maybe it's about time that we buried last season and get firmly behind the team and management for the new season.

3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Why are you obsessed about hibs St sales. 

Why does it matter if we sell slightly more or slightly less? 

Do you think hibs selling 500 St more than us makes them better, will it impact the season? 

Aberdeen have been above us and rangers last 2 seasons, they sold less season tickets than us and rangers. It's not a barometer for success. 

Why does it matter to you so, so much? 

It honestly feels like as we aren't playing--you can't moan about that, CL has made the right moves in the transfer market - so you can't moan about that (yet), the stand is nearing completion, so you can't moan about that. 

Almost feels like you looked for a thing to have a gripe about, and you found something, we are slightly down on St numbers and Hibs are slightly up. 

You have then jumped on it and made this thread a shite read. 

What is the purpose of you pointing out we are down and Hibs have sold more and what do you want done about it? 

Maybe because we like to pride ourselves as being the BIG team in Edinburgh - we all love that mantra.

Being the BIG team usually entails -

Dominating Hibs in Derbies

Being above Hibs in the league

Bigger attendances than Hibs?

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Maybe because we like to pride ourselves as being the BIG team in Edinburgh - we all love that mantra.

Regular service will be resumed this season

:leveinnaturalorder:

I've had a season ticket on and off for a good number of years . 

Sometimes I get one sometimes I don't . This in my opinion is probably what is going on this season . Don't think you can just say it's down because of performances on the park . 

Yeah a very small minority will take this view but in the main people will renew or not renew for a variety of reasons . The numbers seem to be not far of  last  season which is what I expected. 

Some clubs will get a big spike when they enjoy a great couple of seasons that's to be expected. 

Jambos_1874

We shouldn't forget hospitality "season tickets" too. They are the real big earners for the club and we will now have more hospitality space than most/all clubs outwith the OF, thus giving us even more of an advantage.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hibs finishing above us once in a blue moon and selling extra STs on the back of it does not wipe out decades of dominance.

In any case they have had their brief moment in the sun.

Back to normal this season.

Enzo is not exactly doing his bit to help though.

We don't have control over many things but we do have control over whether or not our club is well supported - we have control over how many STs are sold.

It's pointless to sit and grumble about lower ST sales when it's quite literally the one thing we can affect and change. Talking about it like it's some other person or some other group's responsibility or problem. It really isn't, it's very much ours. Yours and mine and every other Hearts fan.

I don't get the snark at all anyway, I'm pretty excited about this coming season. :) 

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't see any hypocricy.

I don't think he's worried about Hibs selling more ST's than us, just pointing out (to the chargrin of the KB kids) that our generally shite form and shite football will likely have a negative effect on ST sales (himself included) whilst Hibs' (probably brief) resurgance will likely see them increase theirs - perhaps to the point of outselling us for the first time in decades. It's all entirely consistent and entirely understandable.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In a nutshell Guvnor. :thumbsup:

Nicely summed up...

I am glad that we are not worried about Hibs selling more than us. If we were worried about stuff like that we would probably have to consider that the dot counts for both clubs currently has the difference in the region of 600 tickets; we would probably have to consider that Hibs sold a majority of their season tickets at the discount early bird price; we would probably have to consider that, on average, their non-discounted tickets cost less than ours and we would probably have to consider that Hibs have sold less season tickets right now compared to their total last year. I wouldn't be too worried about Hibs increasing their year on year total they still have quite a bit to do before we would need to start pointing out stuff like that.

There is no question that we have sold less tickets right now compared to what we had sold at the end of the summer sales period last season. That is disappointing. We must be consoled with the fact that our support have already injected more money into the club compared to all summer sales last season. That is quite an achievement.

In conclusion I am delighted that we aren't worried about Hibs, I am also delighted that our club has received more season ticket revenue than last summer to build a squad.

By the end of July last year we had sold somewhere in the region of 1,000 more tickets than we have right now (remember no one in over 100 pages of this thread has been able to provide an exact figure). So what should we, as a club, do now?

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

So what should we, as a club, do now?

Fall out with each other on Kickback.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, redm said:

We don't have control over many things but we do have control over whether or not our club is well supported - we have control over how many STs are sold.

It's pointless to sit and grumble about lower ST sales when it's quite literally the one thing we can affect and change. Talking about it like it's some other person or some other group's responsibility or problem. It really isn't, it's very much ours. Yours and mine and every other Hearts fan.

I don't get the snark at all anyway, I'm pretty excited about this coming season. :) 

This x 1000!

:greatpost:

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fall out with each other on Kickback.

Indeed...buy a season ticket, don't buy a season ticket it doesn't really matter that much any more...

If you have already renewed or bought then great, the club are already benefiting from increased revenue this year.

If you haven't renewed or bought then you still can before the season starts.

If you aren't going to renew or buy due to poor form or poor football then you can be safe in the knowledge that you will almost certainly get walk up tickets should we go on to have a good season or if we have a bad season you can feel vindicated in your original decision.

If you aren't going to renew or buy for any other reason then it is likely that you have different priorities on your time or your finances, or even both, and no one should ever have to justify or explain that.

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Indeed...buy a season ticket, don't buy a season ticket it doesn't really matter that much any more...

If you have already renewed or bought then great, the club are already benefiting from increased revenue this year.

If you aren't going to renew or buy due to poor form or poor football then you can be safe in the knowledge that you will almost certainly get walk up tickets should we go on to have a good season or if we have a bad season you can feel vindicated in your original decision.

If you aren't going to renew or buy for any other reason then it is likely that you have different priorities on your time or your finances, or even both, and no one should ever have to justify or explain that.

Good post.

I slightly disagree about walk up tickets for big matches though.

That would largely depend on whether we are giving OF and Hibs the whole of the Roseburn Stand. 

Walk up tickets may sell out quickly for these games.

Best to be safe and get a ST.?

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Obviously it is your own choice what you do and how you spend your money.

However 6 Cat A games sets you back about £180 as well as the possibility that there could be some Cat B games as well you might fancy. A good start to the season and people could be struggling to get tickets for Cat A  games especially if we continue to give OF and Hibs the whole Roseburn stand.

I think a ST is worth it as it saves the hassle of ordering tickets and missing out on big games.

I know, is aberdeen cat B?

I may (probably) get my plastic pal out in August and get another.

Rangers games could be tasty.

I ****ing hate sitting in the cold weather though. seems to get colder as I get older.

Fxxx the SPFL
31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I ****ing hate sitting in the cold weather though. seems to get colder as I get older.

Join the club buddy my legs and teeth jitter even although i'm well wrapped up iv'e fouund as long as i have a nice warm hat/tammie/romanov on it's not too bad old age doesn't come gracefully.

51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aberdeen category A

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Join the club buddy my legs and teeth jitter even although i'm well wrapped up iv'e fouund as long as i have a nice warm hat/tammie/romanov on it's not too bad old age doesn't come gracefully.

Not for you Ray:laugh:. Only kidding. Good to see you, your good lady and Grandson the other day. Grandson could not have been dressed better.

Edited by John Findlay

7 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Aberdeen category A

It is an A game(s) but Cat B+ STs get you into the sheep home games.

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not giving you that... Copyright. 

We're the happy clappers. 

You are the in the groovy gang. 

What if we want to happy clap? Doesn't seem fair. Can't be groovy all the time.

16 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

All we need now is Jalbo and todays count, I predict +11 from yesterday (ITK)

Jalbo will be along in an hour or so.....

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

It is an A game(s) but Cat B+ STs get you into the sheep home games.

Cheers.

Had a feeling it wasn’t a full blown A. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Know what you mean about the cold.

The old main stand seemed to be warmer probably due to the lower roof. Can't have it all ways I suppose.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What if we want to happy clap? Doesn't seem fair. Can't be groovy all the time.

You are a member of the groovy gang. 

I'm a member of the happy clappers. 

That is the 

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Can't be groovy all the time.

I can.

:greggy:

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So renew, help The club do that. 

Moaning about it, constantly won't help restore 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

They haven't overtaken us until ALL the sales are finished.

We have a lot more milage left in our sales than they have.

By the time the sales which are not covered in the dot count are added we are on at least 13k. 

Like for like with last season we are on course to be about 700 down.  A good start to the LC campaign and most of these fans can be won back.

agreed on this I know people will be coming back soon enough for season ticketss. My original point was that they are peaking right now and its only matching our totals.

Count today at 5pm.

Wheatfield   -      958

Roseburn     -    1187

Main             -      684

Gorgie          -      490

Total             -    3319

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,615 sold (+30 from yesterday's figure).

If our count is anywhere close to being correct, and if the pattern of sales for hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets is similar to this stage last year, the actual total could be heading towards 12,850 or thereabouts.

Edited by JALBO

27 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 5pm.

Wheatfield   -      958

Roseburn     -    1187

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,615 sold (+30 from yesterday's figure).

If our count is anywhere close to being correct, and if the pattern of sales for hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets is similar to this stage last year, the actual total could be heading towards 12,850 or thereabouts.

30 in 24 hrs, great progress

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, jamdunc said:

30 in 24 hrs, great progress

I was scrolling down with your +11 prediction firmly fixed in my head.

Hit Jalbo's post, saw the plus 30 and let out an audible "ooft" on the bus. Great effort.

Don't want to put too much stock into preseason wins over shite teams, but it's not a stretch to suggest the wins, quality of goals scored and good performances from all the new boys over the weekend may have had a wee bit of an effect today.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I was scrolling down with your +11 prediction firmly fixed in my head.

Hit Jalbo's post, saw the plus 30 and let out an audible "ooft" on the bus. Great effort.

Don't want to put too much stock into preseason wins over shite teams, but it's not a stretch to suggest the wins, quality of goals scored and good performances from all the new boys over the weekend may have had a wee bit of an effect today.

I don't think you can put too stock into it either. What may happen, however, is a decent group Bedfred start, with the team playing well, could push up numbers quite a bit.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 5pm.

Wheatfield   -      958

Roseburn     -    1187

+30 is great. Think sales will be picking up a bit now the friendlies are underway and the competitve games approach.

35 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

+30 is great. Think sales will be picking up a bit now the friendlies are underway and the competitve games approach.

Na, mate, everyone who wants one will have one by now.  Sales have dried up.  Gospel.