Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Well i paid £320 last year and they are offering me the same seat for £395 this year.

last year we we got a £50 transitional discount because of the main stand being more expensive so there is your £25 hike, in real terms it's a £75 hike for me.

And it's a £110 rise if you are an 11 year old in Platinum!!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, David McCaig said:

And it's a £110 rise if you are an 11 year old in Platinum!!

That is just crazy and will definitely put off a few renewals. 

We should be encouraging kids to the games not pricing them out with ridiculous price hikes.

People who were previously in the Old Main Stand have a seperate tariff. 

Folk in that situation will not have to pay full prices until next season.

Footballfirst

Current season (2017/18)

image.thumb.png.3542686575fcb471423243fabb32cc0b.png

Adult

O65

FTE

U18

U13

Cat B+ Bronze

£180

£100

£100

£85

£30

Cat B+ Gold

£250

£130

£130

£100

£30

New season (2018/19)

image.png.fec57b5e168ec0d43457c2416e8c4989.png

image.png.60b5963b1227d9d974591ecf22e20a08.png

And here is the guidance of price increases for last season's Old Stand occupants

Those existing Main Stand season ticket holders who wish to renew in the same section as at present will be offered the opportunity to do so in accordance with the following plan:

Silver Category Renewals:

• New Silver Category Pricing

Renewals in new Gold Category:

• Season 17/18: Silver Category Pricing
  • Season 18/19: full Gold Category Pricing

Renewals in new Platinum Category:

• Season 17/18, Gold Category Pricing
  • Season 18/19, increased to mid-point between Gold & Platinum Category Pricing

Season 19/20, Full Platinum Pricing

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Current season (2017/18)

New season (2018/19)

Thanks for that. A £25 increase for me, which is fine. Just under 5% so about a 2% real increase. 

29 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Is the U16 ticket new?

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Current season (2017/18)

New season (2018/19)

So 2 changes for youngsters

New U16 category

U13 replaced by U11

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Current season (2017/18)

New season (2018/19)

Glass half full...just over a £ a game.

Glass half empty....14% rise in two years.

I'm no longer a full time student this year, so my ticket will jump from £240 to £395 which is a massive increase.  Not sure I can justify it, especially when I don't live in Edinburgh :( 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So 2 changes for youngsters

New U16 category

U13 replaced by U11

Cheers Mikey.

My boys ticket is the same price and I have the price freeze, so selfishly perhaps happy at this.

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Impossible as the biggest increase is £25 for an adult season ticket.

I'm £495 but I thought I was £460 last year 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed I do which is why I apologised for being so flippant.

I admire you and others who not only buy their own, but also purchase for their children who are the future of our great club. I don't mean to sound patronising as that is not what I am like.

I have been there with season tickets for my son and two girls, but my son now buys his own and my girls, now women, no longer attend.

No probs mate , I always try to voice my concerns around this time as I know what it’s like taking kids to games -bloody expensive ?

as you usually say tho and very eloquently FTh ??

If you include the increase in the cost, and moving up the tariff as it will be my second season in the New Main Stand, it is an increase of £80.00 for me, which is over 20%.

I appreciate people will argue part of the reason is my 'discount' this season is less, and I knew it was coming.   That is factually correct.   It is still a hefty jump though, and I will need to think about if I can afford it, or need to 'downgrade'.  I expect similar to happen the following season, when I would be paying full Platinum prices, whatever they may be then.    That, I almost certainly will not be able to afford.

Edited by Paolo

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm £495 but I thought I was £460 last year 

Me too, but £470 according to the brochure FF highlighted. 

davemclaren
Just now, Paolo said:

If you include the increase the cost, and moving up the tariff as it will be my second season in the New Main Stand, it is an increase of £80.00 for me, which is over 20%.

I appreciate people will argue part of the reason is my 'discount' this season is less, and I knew it was coming.   That is factually correct.   It is still a hefty jump though, and I will need to think about if I can afford it, or need to 'downgrade'.  I expect similar to happen the following season, when I would be paying full Platinum prices, whatever they may be then.    That, I almost certainly will not be able to afford.

The stadium split between platinum and gold is going to be tricky one to balance in the future. 

manaliveits105

Its disgraceful that we dont have an Adult pretending to be a student category like our wee neighbours - they seem to be popular 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The stadium split between platinum and gold is going to be tricky one to balance in the future. 

To be fair, Dave, it has been going on for a few years, outwith the New Stand of course. Sat in G for years and then A for more years, both seats within pishing distance of F and B.

Both sections on either side were usually full.

davemclaren
Just now, Boab said:

To be fair, Dave, it has been going on for a few years, outwith the New Stand of course. Sat in G for years and then A for more years, both seats within pishing distance of F and B.

Both sections on either side were usually full.

You have to draw the platinum/gold boundary somewhere but the new stand totally changes the dynamics. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You have to draw the platinum/gold boundary somewhere but the new stand totally changes the dynamics. 

Does it though ?

It had to, more or less, mirror the Wheatfield so the boundaries are correct really.

However, when the freeze ends, there may be a bit of musical chairs.

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Me too, but £470 according to the brochure FF highlighted. 

Ah ok. Therefore it is £25 increase. 

Hopefully sales are strong to enable us to finance the necessary projects. 

Crucial 12 months ahead for the club. Support remains more crucial than ever. Hopefully people see beyond the mediocrity and continue to renew where financially they are able 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Ah ok. Therefore it is £25 increase. 

Hopefully sales are strong to enable us to finance the necessary projects. 

Crucial 12 months ahead for the club. Support remains more crucial than ever. Hopefully people see beyond the mediocrity and continue to renew where financially they are able 

I agree. 

joondalupjambo

Is it just cost though?   Given that so many games at now at silly o'clock time, and even on Friday nights in some cases, if you live a good bit out of town then getting there is a pain.

I have been happy to buy a ticket, and not use it because of above, especially when a lot of the games are on TV and also if travel conditions are difficult.  

I suspect many others will be in the same boat.

However as the price of the ST's keep going up then at some point it will be a much bigger decision to make in terms of renewal if that is how the ST is being used.  I will most likely get one this season but it is now getting near to tipping point I think.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Back to 2005

With an 11 year old the increase will be over £100 for the 2 of us with the adjustment in age ranges.  Think I will be choosing my games next year.

Back to 2005
12 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Is it just cost though?   Given that so many games at now at silly o'clock time, and even on Friday nights in some cases, if you live a good bit out of town then getting there is a pain.

I have been happy to buy a ticket, and not use it because of above, especially when a lot of the games are on TV and also if travel conditions are difficult.  

I suspect many others will be in the same boat.

However as the price of the ST's keep going up then at some point it will be a much bigger decision to make in terms of renewal if that is how the ST is being used.  I will most likely get one this season but it is now getting near to tipping point I think.

Agreed. This is another factor as my lad missed loads of midweek games this year. 

Jambof3tornado

Junior and I renewed. Price freeze so £320 each down the wheatfield cheap seats!!

Bargain.

To anyone not happy with the pricing....remember dynamic pricing?!?

Getting moved out our seat in section x . so will renew on1st may and see whats left as dont want section p where they are moving us too.?

Ministry of Football

Very disappointing ticket pricing.

I can see no reason whatsoever, for the club to try and justify an increase in season ticket prices of roughly twice the rate of inflation. CPI is currently running at 2.7%. There also does not appear to be any early bird discount this year, so there will not be any rush to buy tickets, that's for sure.

I'm sorry for being negative here but this is going to backfire big time:

It is all take, take, take with Hearts at the moment, yet the product on the park is absolutely dreadful. I'm going to have to think about cutting my FOH payment as my general outlay towards Hearts is just ridiculous. 

On the season ticket literature it states stuff like being proud of the youth system. I'm sorry but I follow Hearts to try and see us win something. It could be argued that playing kids before they are ready is partially responsible for the dreadful season we have had. Budge seems out of touch with reality and more interested in Big Hearts or other non-football activities.

I have tried my best to support Craig Levein but you know what, the following comments from the season ticket bumf have tipped me the other way:

"Our aim is to build a squad that is capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and into the latter stages of cup competitions"

Sorry Craig. Whether you like it or not we wish to see Hearts win trophies, not just compete or get to the latter stages. What an absolute loser.      

We can kiss goodbye to positive supporter momentum and the highest average attendances in about 40 years. If we break 11,000 season tickets this time it will be an absolute miracle.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Junior and I renewed. Price freeze so £320 each down the wheatfield cheap seats!!

Bargain.

To anyone not happy with the pricing....remember dynamic pricing?!?

Don't !!

I'm paying less for next season than I did for my ST that season, and it was years ago !

Must have been off my rocker when I told the lassie on the phone " Ach, go ahead, sign me up ! "

Up £20. Not really surprised. I expect to see far greater quality on the field next season but will no doubt renew the following year even if we don't!

Anyway renewed again.

HHGH.

Ricardo Shillyshally
16 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

I can see no reason whatsoever, for the club to try and justify an increase in season ticket prices of roughly twice the rate of inflation. CPI is currently running at 2.7%. There also does not appear to be any early bird discount this year, so there will not be any rush to buy tickets, that's for sure.

It is all take, take, take with Hearts at the moment, yet the product on the park is absolutely dreadful. I'm going to have to think about cutting my FOH payment as my general outlay towards Hearts is just ridiculous. 

On the season ticket literature it states stuff like being proud of the youth system. I'm sorry but I follow Hearts to try and see us win something. It could be argued that playing kids before they are ready is partially responsible for the dreadful season we have had. Budge seems out of touch with reality and more interested in Big Hearts or other non-football activities.

I have tried my best to support Craig Levein but you know what, the following comments from the season ticket bumf have tipped me the other way:

"Our aim is to build a squad that is capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and into the latter stages of cup competitions"

Sorry Craig. Whether you like it or not we wish to see Hearts win trophies, not just compete or get to the latter stages. What an absolute loser.      

We can kiss goodbye to positive supporter momentum and the highest average attendances in about 40 years. If we break 11,000 season tickets this time it will be an absolute miracle.

Christ, I hope you don't buy the seat next to me. You sound like a right moaning git

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Does it though ?

It had to, more or less, mirror the Wheatfield so the boundaries are correct really.

However, when the freeze ends, there may be a bit of musical chairs.

I think I agree with Dave.  The old main stand was predominantly silver and, I think, a bit bronze.  Now, it's predominantly platinum, with a bit gold.  It's undoubtedly a better footballing facility, but I'm not sure the club has got it quite right in terms of pricing structures.   The colour coding may be correct from a viewing facility point of view, but it may run the risk of losing some supporters due to cost, with only a limited number of less expensive options available to cater for those wanting to 'downgrade' from platinum.  The aim is obviously to increase income by increasing capacity, but the club is taking two bites at it by not only increasing capacity, but also increasing the cost of individual seats within the increased capacity.

My view, posted way back at the start of the new stand development chat, was that the club could take the opportunity to look at the pricing structure throughout the ground, which would possibly have meant platinum and gold seats coming down in price, but being more than offset due to the additional number of seats available to sell.  At the end of the day, there's no point in having nice new seats if no one can afford to sit in them (bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point).

21 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Lets be honest though.....you're still going to renew then go along every week and complain about what you're watching aren't you?:leveinproblem:

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Ticket bought using my newly gained pensioner status :robbo:

Jammy devil, I miss out by 3 months, wasn't sure if I'd qualify or not until I read the blurb

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Christ, I hope you don't buy the seat next to me. You sound like a right moaning git

As usual, when I see a really moaning post, I go back and check their previous posts. Everyone of them negative

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think I agree with Dave.  The old main stand was predominantly silver and, I think, a bit bronze.  Now, it's predominantly platinum, with a bit gold.  It's undoubtedly a better footballing facility, but I'm not sure the club has got it quite right in terms of pricing structures.   The colour coding may be correct from a viewing facility point of view, but it may run the risk of losing some supporters due to cost, with only a limited number of less expensive options available to cater for those wanting to 'downgrade' from platinum.  The aim is obviously to increase income by increasing capacity, but the club is taking two bites at it by not only increasing capacity, but also increasing the cost of individual seats within the increased capacity.

My view, posted way back at the start of the new stand development chat, was that the club could take the opportunity to look at the pricing structure throughout the ground, which would possibly have meant platinum and gold seats coming down in price, but being more than offset due to the additional number of seats available to sell.  At the end of the day, there's no point in having nice new seats if no one can afford to sit in them (bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point).

I do remember that chat and agreed with both you and Kila, who proposed a very good structure re. pricing at the time.

I'm probably contradicting myself now !

I suppose the simple fact is, if people are unhappy with the top prices, they won't pay up front.

Sales will determine that.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

People who were previously in the Old Main Stand have a seperate tariff. 

Folk in that situation will not have to pay full prices until next season.

Only Platinum seats from old main stand aren't full price this season. All others are.

So Make Some Noise..

£495 to renew my seat is a bit of a sickener given the dross we've endured this season mixed with yet another summer rebuild! Needs must though I guess.

Absolute Scenes

I sit in the roseburn, Cat B, and it has actually been really enjoyable. Maybe don't have the best view, and miss some of the bigger more intense games, but for £180 it was worth it :) Cant wait to go next season!

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

£495 to renew my seat is a bit of a sickener given the dross we've endured this season mixed with yet another summer rebuild! Needs must though I guess.

Harder to rebuild with less money. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My price is the same because I paid £100 for a price freeze ??

Well done you. ??

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Harder to rebuild with less money. 

True. Also harder to rebuild when we keep signing dross on 3 yr contracts. Time for us to get it right this summer.