Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm well aware of the serious flaws in the BBC. So much so that I even wrote an article about it!

https://blog.politicsmeanspolitics.com/with-or-without-theresa-may-the-tories-are-doomed-9cdfa610630f?gi=8167249cc5

However, unlike you - you just go way, way too far, so end up with your very own version of confirmation bias instead - I view output from the BBC on a case by case basis. I don't regard Auntie as part of some all-encompassing conspiracy against critical thought.

On this thread, I've cited one Panorama documentary, which I'd encourage anyone to watch. The journalist doing the documentary is followed throughout his time in Russia. He's spied on. Stories are made up about him on Putin's many propaganda channels - we even see the process of how that's done - and he interviews opposition figures who've been attacked and threatened at the behest of the regime. He couldn't interview another such figure, because he'd been murdered.

Sorry - but nothing that the BBC do or what happens in British politics and media is comparable to that in any way. I couldn't agree with you more about Yemen - hence my referring to that montrosity on another thread - or about the Oxbridge set. Who are a complacent, incompetent, corrupt joke... but unlike Putin's lot, they're not evil. They're not trying to destabilise the world. 

In summary though: the problem with you being 'woke' is it clearly causes you to ignore and dismiss anything which might not be convenient to your world view. That isn't woke at all. It's just another way of being asleep.

I watched it as it aired. It was supposed to be about the opposition in Russia. It ended up being a propaganda piece about a knowingly hostile journalist being followed. Look he's being followed again. Look, the car has a reg number, the last car had a reg number as well, how much more scary can I make it sound, as the "political opponents of Putin" have a good giggle and let him know not to worry as it's always like this.

If we are not trying to de-stabilise the world, what exactly are Cambridge Analytica up to?

I'm glad this is all convenient to your world view though. It must make things so much easier, especially as there are mathematicians the world over scratching their heads trying to come up with the formula that makes the given "solution" fit the problem. You, on the other hand, have the full collection of 163 parts to make the scale model of the ww1 tank even though the magazine has only just issued part 100, your jigsaw is complete, even though the dog ate half the bits and he still has a bag taped to his bum to make sure you catch them. There's not much to look forward to when you've already thoroughly enjoyed tomorrows dinner.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, Sraman said:

I watched it as it aired. It was supposed to be about the opposition in Russia. It ended up being a propaganda piece about a knowingly hostile journalist being followed. Look he's being followed again. Look, the car has a reg number, the last car had a reg number as well, how much more scary can I make it sound, as the "political opponents of Putin" have a good giggle and let him know not to worry as it's always like this.

If we are not trying to de-stabilise the world, what exactly are Cambridge Analytica up to?

I'm glad this is all convenient to your world view though. It must make things so much easier, especially as there are mathematicians the world over scratching their heads trying to come up with the formula that makes the given "solution" fit the problem. You, on the other hand, have the full collection of 163 parts to make the scale model of the ww1 tank even though the magazine has only just issued part 100, your jigsaw is complete, even though the dog ate half the bits and he still has a bag taped to his bum to make sure you catch them. There's not much to look forward to when you've already thoroughly enjoyed tomorrows dinner.

By "knowingly hostile", do you mean "reports the truth"? Yes, it's so normal for truthful journalists to be spied on throughout their time, and their movements even provided to regime-supporting 'journalists' in a so-called 'democracy'. Said journalist was even set up - and we saw the process of him being set up.

Are Cambridge Analytica "we"? Or a private, horribly shady firm? I agree completely that, specifically with regard to Brexit, the lack of coverage on them, until very recently has been appalling though.

And yes, the world is complicated. Extremely complicated. Which is why a case-by-case approach is always the best way to go. 

12 hours ago, Boris said:

I take it when Threads was on, it was past your bedtime?

Yes, probably. I sleep early and peacefully now I'm a Tory.

If it's case by case why are you, the BBC and the political west, throwing the kitchen sink at this?

The panorama piece was hurriedly constructed and did exactly what it set out to do. It wasn't, however, portrayed to be about the murder of the, still alive to this day (and long may that remain the case), Skripals. Yet you choose to introduce this as evidence? 

We have been told repeatedly that the Russians interfered in Western elections but no proof has been presented for this either. Then, as if by magic, a company run by and funded by British Tories is caught red handed interfering in Western elections but this, one of the very reasons presented to us to show just how bad the Russians are, is now a different case?

It seems that all of the things that we are being told the Russians do, you know, the things that make them really bad, are the things our lot are getting caught doing. But, hey, John Sweeney told me so. Must be true.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"... intelligence from the Garda and Irish defence forces... ".

Lol.    Now THAT is top diplomacy.   

It doesn't say where the Garda and the defence forces got their intel.  ;)

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

It doesn't say where the Garda and the defence forces got their intel.  ;)

Mmmm.   Not all scenarios would be pleasing to the voters.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Mmmm.   Not all scenarios would be pleasing to the voters.

The most obvious and logical scenario wouldn't please Sinn Féin supporters, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The most obvious and logical scenario wouldn't please Sinn Féin supporters, that's for sure.

And wont.   They all know... just can't be officially told.

:greggy:

Edited by Victorian

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Are they not Marxist in political belief? Or do they see some overseas funding going out the window?

:notsure:

They hate the UK and want to express distrust of it. They did that when Her Britannic Majesty visited and they ended up looking like the plonkers they've always been.

11 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

They hate the UK and want to express distrust of it. They did that when Her Britannic Majesty visited and they ended up looking like the plonkers they've always been.

That aside, Boris Johnson is an erse and if he told me today was Wednesday I'd still check a calendar.

Geoff the Mince
Just now, Boris said:

That aside, Boris Johnson is an erse and if he told me today was Wednesday I'd still check a calendar.

BoJo becomes an even bigger fud by the day , and i didn't think that was possible .

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I know that. During the troubles they were funded from overseas and I don't mean Boston USA. Their political beliefs, they do have others than just despising the British State are left of centre.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't think Boris Johnson has personally tested the substance used in Salisbury or found whatever other intelligence there is. He'll be quoting professional scientists or intelligence officers, don't you think, Boris?

Still, good enough for, so far 20 countries plus NATO. Sinn Féin making fuds of themselves, which is good.

39 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I don't think Boris Johnson has personally tested the substance used in Salisbury or found whatever other intelligence there is. He'll be quoting professional scientists or intelligence officers, don't you think, Boris?

Still, good enough for, so far 20 countries plus NATO. Sinn Féin making fuds of themselves, which is good.

He may well be right in this instance, but he is a serial liar and so anything he says should be treated with scepticism, IMO.

Oh, and he's a bit racist.

12 minutes ago, Boris said:

He may well be right in this instance, but he is a serial liar and so anything he says should be treated with scepticism, IMO.

OK, tovarich, we'll just have to differ on that.

All roads lead to Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Boris said:

Boris also had a hand in swinging the brexit vote by engaging the hard of thinking and what a pile of doo doo that has left us in. To think this upper class twit is in such a crucial position is frightening!

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Boris also had a hand in swinging the brexit vote by engaging the hard of thinking and what a pile of doo doo that has left us in. To think this upper class twit is in such a crucial position is frightening!

He's a chancer!

Governor Tarkin
18 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

Yes, probably. I sleep early and peacefully now I'm a Tory.

Wonderful, isn't it :)

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Boris said:

I have an associate who moves in those circles and dines at those tables - thus have it at first hand that you are, in fact, correct.

I am also at liberty to confirm that your view reflects the general concensus. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I have an associate who moves in those circles and dines at those tables - thus have it at first hand that you are, in fact, correct.

I am also at liberty to confirm that your view reflects the general concensus. 

So why is he where he is, if he is universally despised?

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Boris said:

So why is he where he is, if he is universally despised?

He's not universally despised, only generally.

He will be where he is because he is of use to someone where he is.

He is establishment after all, and a smart man, apparently.

But seldom the smartest in the room.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He's not universally despised, only generally.

He will be where he is because he is of use to someone where he is.

He is establishment after all, and a smart man, apparently.

But seldom the smartest in the room.

On that I have little doubt!

niblick1874

A football form.

A Hearts football form.

People coming on to a Hearts football form and telling us that we should not dispel as tainted everything the BBC tell us lose all credibility.

Hi Shaun. 

46 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

A football form.

A Hearts football form.

People coming on to a Hearts football form and telling us that we should not dispel as tainted everything the BBC tell us lose all credibility.

Hi Shaun. 

Do you mean forum?

niblick1874

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 18:23, shaun.lawson said:

GW, Russia has come awfully close to taking over the US: certainly in terms of its government.

What will NATO do to protect us if the US isn't on board?

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 19:31, jake said:

And I'm the conspiracy nut ?

What was I saying about credibility? You are right Jake, that's a humdinger.

How many times have I said on this form that the American people have figured it out? Well guess what. The MSM know they cant keep a lid on it so they have to try and turn it into something it is not, as in, It's Trump lying and everyone is believing him. Truth be told, a lot of the American people have figured it out because the MSM are now coming across as complete space balls coming out with anything other than the obvious. 

3 out of 4

Does the deep state sound a bit like the EU parliament? The Americans have figured it out and the Europeans are going through the same process  

Here comes the scary part.

They tried the Russian shite to get Trump out, it did not work. Now they are trying it with everyone because most are figuring it out. Bad shit.

But Shaun, you carry on. 

niblick1874
14 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Do you mean forum?

Shhhhhhhh Got to give them something.

Yes, ooops

3 hours ago, Sraman said:

Boris says Putin is a Nazi.

The BBC imply Corbyn is a Putinist.

2+2=Jezza is anti-semitic.

By comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics ; Boris has forgotten the English team were giving Nazi salutes in 1936;  while the Russians boycotted :unsure2:

13 minutes ago, felix said:

By comparing Putin's World Cup to Hitler's Olympics ; Boris has forgotten the English team were giving Nazi salutes in 1936;  while the Russians boycotted :unsure2:

The British team?

23 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

The British team?

Yes ; you're right - the British football team disobeyed instructions to salute. The English team famously followed instructions two years later, giving  the sieg heil in the Olympic stadium for which Boris is being currently ribbed.

8 minutes ago, felix said:

Yes ; you're right - the British football team disobeyed instructions to salute. The English team famously followed instructions two years later, giving  the sieg heil in the Olympic stadium for which Boris is being currently ribbed.

"England's" pro-Nazi policy in full:

image.png.b4b26efa55c0bd6e8453afbcf894657e.png

4 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

"England's" pro-Nazi policy in full:

image.png.b4b26efa55c0bd6e8453afbcf894657e.png

See how things move on in six years !

D-Day landings not really relevant to Boris's comments on the Hitler Olympics tho' so best  keep  it on topic.

niblick1874
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

What was I saying about credibility? You are right Jake, that's a humdinger.

How many times have I said on this form that the American people have figured it out? Well guess what. The MSM know they cant keep a lid on it so they have to try and turn it into something it is not, as in, It's Trump lying and everyone is believing him. Truth be told, a lot of the American people have figured it out because the MSM are now coming across as complete space balls coming out with anything other than the obvious. 

3 out of 4

Does the deep state sound a bit like the EU parliament? The Americans have figured it out and the Europeans are going through the same process  

Here comes the scary part.

They tried the Russian shite to get Trump out, it did not work. Now they are trying it with everyone because most are figuring it out. Bad shit.

But Shaun, you carry on. 

21 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I explained why I posted the clip I poste from the MSM, you on the other hand posted the MSM clip I posted without my explanation why I posted it.

Then you post a clip from a TV comedy program without an explanation. 

Credibility, Say hi to window on your way out

Thunderstruck
32 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I explained why I posted the clip I poste from the MSM, you on the other hand posted the MSM clip I posted without my explanation why I posted it.

Then you post a clip from a TV comedy program without an explanation. 

Credibility, Say hi to window on your way out

Hopefully you are aware of the use of leading questions and push-polling. 

If, however, the relevance of the “Yes Prime Minister” Clip evades you, it looks like a forlorn hope. 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

If, however, the relevance of the “Yes Prime Minister” Clip evades you, it looks like a forlorn hope. 

The clip he posted said that 13% of Americans were "very familiar" with the term 'Deep State'; 63% were not familiar with it. Then when the pollsters gave it the most awful definition possible, 74% answered that the 'Deep State' exists. From 13% to 74% in the same poll, all thanks to the phrasing of the question. :rofl:

But of course, the Deep State certainly does exist. And it's going to protect the US from Trump and his Russian backers. :thumbsup:

niblick1874
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

The clip he posted said that 13% of Americans were "very familiar" with the term 'Deep State'; 63% were not familiar with it. Then when the pollsters gave it the most awful definition possible, 74% answered that the 'Deep State' exists. From 13% to 74% in the same poll, all thanks to the phrasing of the question. :rofl:

But of course, the Deep State certainly does exist. And it's going to protect the US from Trump and his Russian backers. :thumbsup:

Gave it the most awful definition possible? What would that be then? Why not say it. 

niblick1874
13 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why don't you tell us why the post he posted had relevance to my post. I am well aware of what he was trying to do but there is no relevance that I can see.

shaun.lawson
22 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

it looks like a forlorn hope. 

With Nick, it always is. 

niblick1874
7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

With Nick, it always is. 

18 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Gave it the most awful definition possible? What would that be then? Why not say it. 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Christ, now we have Wonko The Sane.

Nearly completed the set.    :facepalm:

:rofl:

Toothpicks are so last century.