Poisoned Russian spy.

Rab87

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, jake said:

Now Russia expels 60 US diplomats.

So we revisit the cold war.

I don't want to diminish the attempted murder of people but you really have to wonder why we are where we are.

Considering the rhetoric involved.

Guess it's time to stock pile some weapons .

Some new ways to kill.   All in the name of freedom and democracy.

They expel diplomats. We expel spies. I doubt there is any meaningful distinction between what their spies do and our diplomats do.

Welcome to the new (or old) cold war.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• jake

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Space Mackerel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, jake said:

I don't want to diminish the attempted murder of people but you really have to wonder why we are where we are.

Guess it's time to stock pile some weapons .

Some new ways to kill.   All in the name of freedom and democracy.

Tit for Tat, the way it's always been.

No way near the levels of expulsions that we saw back in the 60's, 70's & 80's, indeed Diplomats often took out Insurance polices, yes there were indeed Insurance policies which would re-reimburse diplomats for expenses such as children's schooling and other expenses, if they happened to be expelled.  This applied to both Western & Russian Diplomats.

Jake, it's all a fecking game, mate, played out to the respective domestic audiences.   

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

They expel diplomats. We expel spies. I doubt there is any meaningful distinction between what their spies do and our diplomats do.

Welcome to the new (or old) cold war.

There is no logic to the Russians being responsible.

The language used by UK ministers.

Defence and Foreign has been juvenile.

Incidentally or coincidentally there has been no evidence that Russia interfered in the US elections.

Yet some democrats cry they will still look for some.

Are we all so ready to swallow this escalation over the attempted murder of two people with no logical motive?

Does no on remember Dr Kelly?

None of it makes sense.

Jambo-Jimbo

Latest on Yulia Skripal, is that she is reported to be conscious, talking, eating and drinking, all positive signs, I would say.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tit for Tat, the way it's always been.

No way near the levels of expulsions that we saw back in the 60's, 70's & 80's, indeed Diplomats often took out Insurance polices, yes there were indeed Insurance policies which would re-reimburse diplomats for expenses such as children's schooling and other expenses, if they happened to be expelled.  This applied to both Western & Russian Diplomats.

Jake, it's all a fecking game, mate, played out to the respective domestic audiences.   

No doubt .

But these games have consequences.

And these lies have victims.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

C'est la vie.

New cold war.

Good, it's in the best interests of the United Kingdom.

niblick1874
2 hours ago, jake said:

There is no logic to the Russians being responsible.

The language used by UK ministers.

Defence and Foreign has been juvenile.

Incidentally or coincidentally there has been no evidence that Russia interfered in the US elections.

Yet some democrats cry they will still look for some.

Are we all so ready to swallow this escalation over the attempted murder of two people with no logical motive?

Does no on remember Dr Kelly?

None of it makes sense.

This one below posted on another thread over a year ago that, ha ha Trump said he was being spied on by the opposition. I got back to his post saying that because Clinton did not get elected and could not hide and cover up everything Trump would come across paper trails. What followed was two pages of, show us the paper trails nibs ha ha ha.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

C'est la vie.

Yesterday, this happened.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-28/doj-inspector-general-expands-fbi-misconduct-probe-investigating-allegations

There is so much more that has come out as undisputed fact.

It will put an untold number (we are talking hundreds before the singing starts) from top to bottom, including from the deep state, high profile politicians, the FBI and so many more away for life, Obama included. They know this. It's a done deal.

Their attempt to get Trump out along with their ongoing attempt to bring down the country in any way they can has turned into a noose around their neck.

The FISA abuse is just one of so many that is now out there for all to see it would take me many pages to list them all. 

The American people know this and it has not passed them by that there is not a peep from the MSM about any of this. 

European and British people are getting it as well but you would not know it by watching the MSM where you are Jake.

Why is this Russian shit happening. It's not rocket  science. It's the oldest trick in the book.

I posted on here a few years ago that if they were about to be found out they would not hesitate.

You are right to smell a rat Jake.

Edited by niblick1874

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

New cold war.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last".

So you're absolutely correct.

44 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Zerohedge is a Russian psyops site. Naturally, you're all over it. 

niblick1874
15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last".

So you're absolutely correct.

Zerohedge is a Russian psyops site. Naturally, you're all over it. 

Do you want to point out to us all what is not factual it the like I posted as apposed to coming out with your usual uninformed gunk?

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Do you want to point out to us all what is not factual it the like I posted as apposed to coming out with your usual uninformed gunk?

I don't read Russian psyops sites, Nick. And the moment I saw you write this, I felt vindicated once more in my not doing so.

"It will put an untold number (we are talking hundreds before the singing starts) from top to bottom, including from the deep state, high profile politicians, the FBI and so many more away for life, Obama included. They know this. It's a done deal."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: 

Edited by shaun.lawson

niblick1874
6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't read Russian psyops sites, Nick. And the moment I saw you write this, I felt vindicated once more in my not doing so.

"It will put an untold number (we are talking hundreds before the singing starts) from top to bottom, including from the deep state, high profile politicians, the FBI and so many more away for life, Obama included. They know this. It's a done deal."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: 

What? The BBC not reporting on it? 

What can you tell us about Ore and fusion GPS?

Edited by niblick1874

niblick1874
22 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

What? The BBC not reporting on it? 

What can you tell us about Ore and fusion GPS?

Make that Ohr and fusion GPS. 

Space Mackerel

Worst FSB assassin ever. Wee lassie is going to pull through lol. They should’ve used nerve agent 20 times more powerful than Sarin. ???

Load of nonsense. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 hours ago, jake said:

Guess it's time to stock pile some weapons

Plus domestic and energy producing gas. A new cold war is crazy but weapons companies must be rubbing their hands right now!

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

This one below posted on another thread over a year ago that, ha ha Trump said he was being spied on by the opposition. I got back to his post saying that because Clinton did not get elected and could not hide and cover up everything Trump would come across paper trails. What followed was two pages of, show us the paper trails nibs ha ha ha.

Yesterday, this happened.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-28/doj-inspector-general-expands-fbi-misconduct-probe-investigating-allegations

There is so much more that has come out as undisputed fact.

It will put an untold number (we are talking hundreds before the singing starts) from top to bottom, including from the deep state, high profile politicians, the FBI and so many more away for life, Obama included. They know this. It's a done deal.

Their attempt to get Trump out along with their ongoing attempt to bring down the country in any way they can has turned into a noose around their neck.

The FISA abuse is just one of so many that is now out there for all to see it would take me many pages to list them all. 

The American people know this and it has not passed them by that there is not a peep from the MSM about any of this. 

European and British people are getting it as well but you would not know it by watching the MSM where you are Jake.

Why is this Russian shit happening. It's not rocket  science. It's the oldest trick in the book.

I posted on here a few years ago that if they were about to be found out they would not hesitate.

You are right to smell a rat Jake.

Nibs, once again your changing the narrative.

You got stick from me and others for saying there was a 'paper trail' which proved Obama wasn't born in the USA, but you keep ignoring that now and have twisted the 'paper trail' chat around to apply to the alleged spying on Trump.  If you check the other thread that you happened to mention, you'll find that the 'paper trail' chat was in relation to your claim about Obama and not about Trump.

But you know that already as you've been taken to task several times now for trying to change the 'paper trail' chat around to something else from it's original meaning.

Apologies for going off topic, folks

Jambo-Jimbo

A New Cold War!

There's been a 'New Cold War' for several years now, with both UK & US relations with Russia at an all time low, long before the poisoning happened.

Indeed as far back as 1998 it was being claimed that 'A New Cold War' had began or was about to begin.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/02/opinion/foreign-affairs-now-a-word-from-x.html

Space Mackerel
10 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Latest on Yulia Skripal, is that she is reported to be conscious, talking, eating and drinking, all positive signs, I would say.

Amazing eh? Who would’ve thought she would survive. Old man to pull through next and collect their pay cheques  from the shadowy figures that organised this MSM jackanory. 

Geoff the Mince
18 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Amazing eh? Who would’ve thought she would survive. Old man to pull through next and collect their pay cheques  from the shadowy figures that organised this MSM jackanory. 

You really are a fruitcake . And not a good one . 

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

New cold war.

Indeed. And long overdue. 

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

You really are a fruitcake . And not a good one . 

Poor Mincey, wool pulled over your eyes again. When will you ever learn? 

Jambo-Jimbo
42 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So what your saying is, If she survives, It was all a set-up and she is part of it.

And I suppose If she had died, it would have been that they were making sure there are no witnesses.

You've now blamed the Tories for this because they are behind in the polls and now your saying that the Skripals were in on it all as well. 

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So what your saying is, If she survives, It was all a set-up and she is part of it.

And I suppose If she had died, it would have been that they were making sure there are no witnesses.

You've now blamed the Tories for this because they are behind in the polls and now your saying that the Skripals were in on it all as well. 

Thats about the jist of it. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

A New Cold War!

There's been a 'New Cold War' for several years now, with both UK & US relations with Russia at an all time low, long before the poisoning happened.

Indeed as far back as 1998 it was being claimed that 'A New Cold War' had began or was about to begin.

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/02/opinion/foreign-affairs-now-a-word-from-x.html

It is remarkable that so soon after the collapse of the Soviet Empire, the supposed "end of history" and victory of the West, that rather than scale back NATO, the main reason for its existence having disappeared, the US and its allies embarked instead on a major expansion of NATO, moving its reach  ever closer to Russia. George Kennan, a major figure in the history of the original Cold War nailed the risks and likely consequences (and idiocy) of this strategy in that interview in 1998.

You don't have to be a swirling eyed fantasist with tin foil on your head to ask yourself - in whose interest was it to in ensure  the continuation of the Cold War and the vast "military industrial complex" required to sustain it?

(PS I wonder what Kennan would have thought of Boris Johnson's ability to analyse and understand international relations?)

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is remarkable that so soon after the collapse of the Soviet Empire, the supposed "end of history" and victory of the West, that rather than scale back NATO, the main reason for its existence having disappeared, the US and its allies embarked instead on a major expansion of NATO, moving its reach  ever closer to Russia. George Kennan, a major figure in the history of the original Cold War nailed the risks and likely consequences (and idiocy) of this strategy in that interview in 1998.

You don't have to be a swirling eyed fantasist with tin foil on your head to ask yourself - in whose interest was it to in ensure  the continuation of the Cold War and the vast "military industrial complex" required to sustain it?

(PS I wonder what Kennan would have thought of Boris Johnson's ability to analyse and understand international relations?)

I agree, there doesn't appear to have been any justifiable reason to expand NATO back in the 90's, Russia wasn't a threat, not then.

As per usual it'll be down to money & power.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

How so? 

Because arm-length ‘diplomacy’ has done nothing other than allow Russia to think it can act with impunity. I’m not advocating a restart of a nuclear arms race but the weak response to multiple Russian breaches of international law has led Putin to think he can do whatever he likes, without reprisal. 

It's amazing what some people choose to believe and what to completely discount,   based on nothing more than a pre-conceived prejudice.      

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, John Findlay said:

During the main period of what is referred to in the UK as the troubles concerning Northern Ireland 1969-2000(when after the good Friday Agreement kicked in) the republicans were being funded in various ways by the Kreme in as it was seen as a way of destabilising the UK. SInn Féin being the political arm of the republicans would have received a fair bit of this money.  Although Putin may not be a Marxist in the true sense of the word he still wishes to destabilise the west. So, I think it is safe to say that the Kremlin are still sending funds their way. SInn Féin has a strong voice in Stormont. 

I get that but Marxism (and, well, Leninism and Stalinism) effectively disappeared from Russia during Yeltzin's tenure. Land that had been encommoned into soviets was sold off and the nationalized industries were auctioned off to the highest bribers. Putin hasn't rolled back any of that, nor has he shown any interest in advancing communist revolution either domestically or abroad, which was the USSR's goal in financing Sinn Féin. Russia has been far more interested in finding ways to gain control of assets in the West and then do very capitalist things like loading them up with leveraged debt in order to pump out capital.

Putin isn't just "not a Marxist in the true sense of the word," he's fairly close to being an anti-Marxist. The only common thread with the old USSR is the authoritarianism, which was always his gig in the old days.

Thunderstruck
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Keenan’s is but one view. With the benefit of hindsight, we can see that 1998 was a different era altogether and the World almost turned on its head 3 years later. A lot has changed in 20 years, particularly after 2001. 

The threatening posture of the (West v Soviets/Russia) Cold War is no longer apparent at least on the NATO side of the equation. Examples;

We longer have an Army designed to meet the Soviets on the German plains. There is little left of the BAOR

We no longer have a large Navy designed to counter the Soviet sub-surface threat (which never really went away). 

Caution remains and NATO continues to support its vulnerable members in the Baltic but there is no continuation of large forces facing each other in Europe. 

We now have smaller, more agile and, arguably, more effective forces. Forces designed for entirely different roles - mobile, effective and adaptable. A Russian General remarked recently that

Britain has always had the best light infantry in the world, and the *******s get places faster than we would like”.

The UK defence spending is Now appropriate to the size of our economy. The chart below shows the top spenders in 2016 and, although the U.K. is in the top 5, the overall spend is not enormous.

You will see that we almost match Russia which underlines the thinking that Russia isn’t a significant threat in terms of conventional forces although it is a nuclear power and, as mentioned in earlier posts, is heavily into Info/Cyber Warfare. That is not to say that Russia is averse to a wee bit of military action - see Georgia, Crimea, Ukraine an Syria.

Bottom line is that Russia is not a benign pussy cat whose sole aim is World Peace. 

The chart also shows the enormous scale of US defence (defense) spending and the size of the spend of the second largest (China) will give a clue as to what is the main worry for the US (that and Rocket Boy). 

325739F2-B2B5-4C4A-B933-68FC7BF52CA4.jpeg

15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

New cold war.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-43596429/test-launch-footage-of-russian-ballistic-missile-satan-2

This will please you.

Just what the world needs .

More missiles and juvenile rhetoric.

Yay the cold war what could possibly go wrong.

Yay a defence minister telling the Russians to go away and shut up.

Best interests served.

Interesting to hear an ex CIA (decorated) man's view on all of this.

Quite embarrassing actually for all those who would believe lie after lie.

But tin foil hats.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Keenan’s is but one view. With the benefit of hindsight, we can see that 1998 was a different era altogether and the World almost turned on its head 3 years later. A lot has changed in 20 years, particularly after 2001. 

The threatening posture of the (West v Soviets/Russia) Cold War is no longer apparent at least on the NATO side of the equation. Examples;

We longer have an Army designed to meet the Soviets on the German plains. There is little left of the BAOR

We no longer have a large Navy designed to counter the Soviet sub-surface threat (which never really went away). 

Caution remains and NATO continues to support its vulnerable members in the Baltic but there is no continuation of large forces facing each other in Europe. 

We now have smaller, more agile and, arguably, more effective forces. Forces designed for entirely different roles - mobile, effective and adaptable. A Russian General remarked recently that

Britain has always had the best light infantry in the world, and the *******s get places faster than we would like”.

The UK defence spending is Now appropriate to the size of our economy. The chart below shows the top spenders in 2016 and, although the U.K. is in the top 5, the overall spend is not enormous.

You will see that we almost match Russia which underlines the thinking that Russia isn’t a significant threat in terms of conventional forces although it is a nuclear power and, as mentioned in earlier posts, is heavily into Info/Cyber Warfare. That is not to say that Russia is averse to a wee bit of military action - see Georgia, Crimea, Ukraine an Syria.

Bottom line is that Russia is not a benign pussy cat whose sole aim is World Peace. 

The chart also shows the enormous scale of US defence (defense) spending and the size of the spend of the second largest (China) will give a clue as to what is the main worry for the US (that and Rocket Boy). 

325739F2-B2B5-4C4A-B933-68FC7BF52CA4.jpeg

Who said Russia was a benign pussy cat?

But your defence spending charts shows the US alone spending ten times that of Russia. From a Russian perspective who is the pussy cat and who the tiger?

You say the West's threatening posture of the Cold War days no longer exists. But from a Russian perspective what does the Eastward expansion of NATO towards the Russian border look like? 

You rightly say Russia is not averse  to a "wee bit of military action". But the US and its allies have shown they are not averse to military action on a larger scale than Russia has yet engaged in.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Zico said:

Because arm-length ‘diplomacy’ has done nothing other than allow Russia to think it can act with impunity. I’m not advocating a restart of a nuclear arms race but the weak response to multiple Russian breaches of international law has led Putin to think he can do whatever he likes, without reprisal. 

The US and its allies have not been averse to at least bending international law, inventing reasons for enforcing regime change in various countries, with at least as disastrous consequences as Russian aggression.

What so far has our response in the last week or two actually amounted to? Will Putin be moved by the absurd Boris rants at the Guildhall? Or Western media outraged daily invention of a new theory about the Salisbury attacks? Or the UK's deployment of hundreds of police and military on what we are told will be a three month or longer operation to god knows what purpose, because we are apparently as certain as we can be of the culprits. Do we expent to find a Putin's signature on an order given to the Russian operatives in Salisbury.

And why is it only now that we are getting interested in the dozens of other mysterious deaths of Russian exiles in the UK? Why did Theresa May as home secretary refuse for a year to have a public investigation into Litvinenko's murder for reasons of "international relations" before the Courts eventually forced one.

Edited by Francis Albert

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's amazing what some people choose to believe and what to completely discount,   based on nothing more than a pre-conceived prejudice.      

Im amazed people swallow anything on the MSM without giving a single rational thought about it.

Speaking to a “tin foil hat wearing” Warrant Officer in the Army on Thursday, he thinks it’s a pile of shite too. 

8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Im amazed people swallow anything on the MSM without giving a single rational thought about it.

Speaking to a “tin foil hat wearing” Warrant Officer in the Army on Thursday, he thinks it’s a pile of shite too. 

:rofl:

A warrant officer aye?     They all get top level security clearance intel right enough.

I am a follower of the MSM, it is a sourc e of information, with what I qualify as the opinion of the reporter. I also see for example the President live making statements, I feel I am still capable of combining, studying and evaluating what I have seen and heard and coming to my own conclusion. Some depend on opinions of others, to come to their conclusion. Its like life you have to listen to what people say, there are people who lie, or prevaricate about the simplest things, their job, military service, places they have been, all of minimal importance, but a evaluation of their credibility.

7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Plus domestic and energy producing gas. A new cold war is crazy but weapons companies must be rubbing their hands right now!

Thermal gloves in a cold war scenario eliminates the need for rubbing hands.

Space Mackerel
49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A warrant officer aye?     They all get top level security clearance intel right enough.

Yep, fully trained in NBC, as was I and funnily enough, unlike you. ?

AlphonseCapone
15 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

:rofl::rofl:

**** me, if you got medals for irony you'd need a lorry to collect yours. 

10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I can see where your scepticism comes from now.    You've had NBC training so you rate your expertise as full and complete.     Being head hunted by Porton Down next.

58 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am a follower of the MSM, it is a sourc e of information, with what I qualify as the opinion of the reporter. I also see for example the President live making statements, I feel I am still capable of combining, studying and evaluating what I have seen and heard and coming to my own conclusion. Some depend on opinions of others, to come to their conclusion. Its like life you have to listen to what people say, there are people who lie, or prevaricate about the simplest things, their job, military service, places they have been, all of minimal importance, but a evaluation of their credibility.

Do you know of Ray McGovern Bob ?

Thunderstruck
7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

CBRN, my dear chap. Do try to keep up.

Hopefully you WO oppo is a bit more current. 

Geoff the Mince

The tinfoil wearing fish with his vast array of talents 

reminds me of the stolen valour nutters you get on YouTube . 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I can see where your scepticism comes from now.    You've had NBC training so you rate your expertise as full and complete.     Being head hunted by Porton Down next.

Funnily enough, they sent a wee memo around asking for volunteers to go to Porton Down when I was in, to go down for testing etc, extra money blah blah blah. We all declined....funnily enough.

Whats your area of expertise? Watched The Rock with Sean Connery? What’s the difference between persistent and non persistent then? I’ll await your answer with the usual rofl smileys afte4 you’ve Googled it. 

Geoff the Mince
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Funnily enough, they sent a wee memo around asking for volunteers to go to Porton Down when I was in, to go down for testing etc, extra money blah blah blah. We all declined....funnily enough.

Whats your area of expertise? Watched The Rock with Sean Connery? What’s the difference between persistent and non persistent then? I’ll await your answer with the usual rofl smileys afte4 you’ve Googled it. 

:laugh:

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

CBRN, my dear chap. Do try to keep up.

Hopefully you WO oppo is a bit more current. 

Whatever it’s called now, who cares. We did have a good chuckle at the fireman wearing nothing next to the guys in full suits. 

Maybe they all had Ready Brek, that glow insulates you from nerve agent eh? 

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Who said Russia was a benign pussy cat?

But your defence spending charts shows the US alone spending ten times that of Russia. From a Russian perspective who is the pussy cat and who the tiger?

You say the West's threatening posture of the Cold War days no longer exists. But from a Russian perspective what does the Eastward expansion of NATO towards the Russian border look like? 

You rightly say Russia is not averse  to a "wee bit of military action". But the US and its allies have shown they are not averse to military action on a larger scale than Russia has yet engaged in.

You did say that the raison d’etre for NATO had “disappeared”. That was far from true and there was no significant disarmament on the part of Russia. 

As far as expansion on the Russia border is concerned, NATO has around 4,500 troops working with the various national forces. This is at the request of these countries who fear Russia’s longer term aim - directly or by fomenting trouble via ethnic Russian minorities. The Russians recently mobilised 95,000 troops to the western borders of Russia in a clear show of strength. 

Today has been interesting for the change of tone from Russia - looking to put the current spat to bed and resume “normal” relations. It was expected as Russia is hugely reliant on trade with Europe to keep its crumbling economy alive and it cannot afford to increase defence spending.