Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

Just now, Spellczech said:

Journo at the Daily Record must be laughing his tits off at a 10-pager off the back of a rumour about Lafferty and Sunderland - I means Sunderland? Absolute basket case of a club right now...

To be fair, it's in a couple of other newspapers as well. Which is usually indicative of the source being the player or his agent.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, indianajones said:

He'll never go there. 

Enjoying his time at Hearts. Kyle's here to stay. 

Correct. Moving from Hearts to Sunderland would be like giving up your £2 million home in Morningside and moving into a council house in Bingham instead.

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I quite like the guy and will be quite happy if he stays, but to suggest selling him would would be as big a negative as bringing in Naismith, never mind also Mitchell, is rather overstating things, and to describe him as our talisman is beyond ridiculous. 

If we were offered £1m for him, we'd be nuts to turn it down.

See in four months time? Naismith and Mitchell won’t be at this club. 

Is it too too much to ask to hold on to all our best players for four months?

We can still sell Kyle for a fee in the summer. Let’s not undo a lot of the good work to date.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

see the slaughtering Jamie walker got, the twits, quotes and actions attributed to him were hilarious, certainly showed up a lot on here as brain dead

Jamie could have easily have avoided criticism by dismissing some of the shite being spread by his posse about the insulting offer made by the club.  Liking all things Rangers when Level 5 were criticising the club for holding Rangers to ransom did him no credit.

I don't think KL has fuelled any of the speculation like Jamie has so people are more likely to cut him some slack.

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Totally agree mate, sitting at 11 goals half way through a season, 15 or so games to go. Easily gets 20 goals.

Juanma barely hit 12 goals the whole season and he was the last striker we had who scored double figures

Easily? Absolute fantasy stuff! He's scored 7 in the league so far, with the other 4 coming against Elgin, Peterheid and East Fife in the league cup. He'll have to up his strike rate significantly to get to 20 by the end of the season and while it's possible, it's extremely unlikely, 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

I don’t really see the point in selling Lafferty, 5 days before transfer deadline day with no real chance to replace him with similar quality and with Isma going that leaves us with no real goal threat as they both have been our main goal source. I think Naismith & Lafferty will be a very good combination getting as far as we can in the Scottish cup and finishing in top 4 should be our main goal and Lafferty gives us that experience and goal threat up top if they really want him i’m Sure they’ll come back in for him during the summer which then allows us to replace him with a striker of similar abilty especially if we are qualified for Europe we can do that. Don’t understand some fans calling for him to go for 1 mill & below it’s ludicrous. Would only accept an offer of  £2 mill and above we don’t need to sell 1 mill won’t make that much of a difference but a cup run and Europe will.

I agree, but £1m for a guy we got for nothing 6 months ago would be hard to turn down.

I hope he stays.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Easily? Absolute fantasy stuff! He's scored 7 in the league so far, with the other 4 coming against Elgin, Peterheid and East Fife in the league cup. He'll have to up his strike rate significantly to get to 20 by the end of the season and while it's possible, it's extremely unlikely, 

Lets remember that the goals he has scored were all while we had a shocking and non-existent creativity in midfield. To bag 11 goals without much creativity from the midfield is very good return

Now having Naismith, Demitri, Danny etc on the pitch, and have built up a stronger middle of the park, it is not "fantasy" to say that he could easily bag 20 for the season - for the season I mean overall (all comps and cups), not just the league. For the league I can see him hitting 15, which for a hearts striker is a lot of goals

44 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

The best good news would be Martin leaving

Can't see this happening unfortunately.

I'd like him to stay but if we were to get a ridiculous offer for him (Sunderland are potless btw) we'd have to consider it.

Hopefully this is all bullshit and he goes on to get 20 goals now that the service to him should improve.

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

No bids for Lafferty so far.

Please let's try to keep any actual facts near the forefront of this pile of shite thread 

7 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I'd like him to stay but if we were to get a ridiculous offer for him (Sunderland are potless btw) we'd have to consider it.

Hopefully this is all bullshit and he goes on to get 20 goals now that the service to him should improve.

Somebody posted earlier that they've just raked in £20 million for someone.

Also they get a mahoosive parachute payment after being relegated. £55 million this year, £45 million next year and £20 million the following year assuming they don't get promoted.

Stephen Muddie
27 minutes ago, Haken said:

Folk on an internet website discussing rumours.  Imagine that.  Surely it's against forum rules?

Depends what rumours we are discussing. Depends who started the rumours. If we're starting our own ones that's just very poor behaviour.

If you search kickback for some old thread and go to a certain page and look at a post by someone with a Hearts related username you'll get what I'm getting at.

it's obvious.

36 minutes ago, Homme said:

See in four months time? Naismith and Mitchell won’t be at this club. 

Is it too too much to ask to hold on to all our best players for four months?

We can still sell Kyle for a fee in the summer. Let’s not undo a lot of the good work to date.

Naismith might be. Mitchell we might get for another year if we're lucky. We've no chance of signing Mitchell full time. He already looks far too good for us.

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Naismith might be. Mitchell we might get for another year if we're lucky. We've no chance of signing Mitchell full time. He already looks far too good for us.

Agreed

10 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Depends what rumours we are discussing. Depends who started the rumours. If we're starting our own ones that's just very poor behaviour.

If you search kickback for some old thread and go to a certain page and look at a post by someone with a Hearts related username you'll get what I'm getting at.

it's obvious.

I think you may just be slightly overestimating the power of message boards. This thread started on the back of a rumour reported on a newspaper website last night. In all likelihood if there is anything in this it is probably generated by the player's agent. 

54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Correct. Moving from Hearts to Sunderland would be like giving up your £2 million home in Morningside and moving into a council house in Bingham instead.

Who is to say you won't be happier in your council house in Bingham?

16 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

it's obvious.

Thank you for narrowing it down to... well...  Hey, thanks for your response.

It should have been ten
42 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets remember that the goals he has scored were all while we had a shocking and non-existent creativity in midfield. To bag 11 goals without much creativity from the midfield is very good return

Now having Naismith, Demitri, Danny etc on the pitch, and have built up a stronger middle of the park, it is not "fantasy" to say that he could easily bag 20 for the season - for the season I mean overall (all comps and cups), not just the league. For the league I can see him hitting 15, which for a hearts striker is a lot of goals

Well said ??

siegementality
10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think you may just be slightly overestimating the power of message boards. This thread started on the back of a rumour reported on a newspaper website last night. In all likelihood if there is anything in this it is probably generated by the player's agent. 

The DR ran the story of Sunderland’s interest. All the rest of the shite about Lafferty was added by posters on here. Two ITK posters in specific were instrumental in the rumour, conjecture and speculation about KL’s supposed bad influence.

30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It's fantasy to say he could easily do it. Granted it's not fantasy to say it's possible. It would require him to reach a level of goalscoring he's never achieved before in his career though. It's extremely unlikely to happen, although I'd be more than happy if this is all cast up at me after he hits the 20 mark scoring the winner on 19th May!

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Who is to say you won't be happier in your council house in Bingham?

His missus does not look like the kind of woman who would be happy in a council house in Birmingham

4 hours ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Sunderland are also in talks to get Chris Martin :lol: 

Martin has knocked them back! Clearly holding out to sign for the famous:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

His missus does not look like the kind of woman who would be happy in a council house in Birmingham

Aye but she might be in Bingham;)

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But doesn't discourage other clubs by saying he's not for sale ?  

Everybody (player) is for sale, for the right money.

Punks No Deid
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Aye but she might be in Bingham;)

Propping up the bar at the Jewel Miners on a Friday & Saturday night?

if they came in with a bid for 1 million I would snap their hands off. I do like Lafferty but a goalscorer he is not he has missed a few sitters(Isma was hounded for the same) and clearly he will pick up more suspensions.

Cash in and run is my feeling but if he stays I would also be happy.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But doesn't discourage other clubs by saying he's not for sale ?  

Always think when a club claims someone isnt for sale they mean the opposite!!

1 minute ago, Punks No Deid said:

Propping up the bar at the Jewel Miners on a Friday & Saturday night?

And why not :laugh:

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's fantasy to say he could easily do it. Granted it's not fantasy to say it's possible. It would require him to reach a level of goalscoring he's never achieved before in his career though. It's extremely unlikely to happen, although I'd be more than happy if this is all cast up at me after he hits the 20 mark scoring the winner on 19th May!

Fair enough mate, maybe not easily score that amount - however he did say himself that this is this is his prolific season he has had since he can remember. The most he has scored in a single season was 15 goals for Rangers, 10/11 season, and that was overall - he is only 4 goals behind that with half a season to go,

Palermo was next - 12 goals in the full season - he is only one behind that just now.

I always like to think there is a first for everything and believe he can do it if we keep him, and obviously if he is a tad more prolific

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Rents said:

if they came in with a bid for 1 million I would snap their hands off. I do like Lafferty but a goalscorer he is not he has missed a few sitters(Isma was hounded for the same) and clearly he will pick up more suspensions.

Cash in and run is my feeling but if he stays I would also be happy.

I think the difference in Isma is the amount and (also how he has missed in relation to Laff

I remember the County game at home where Isma could have had a hattrick, but missed three of the exact same sitters. Isma, I would say, is the lesser prolific than Lafferty. The one against Hibs was a tough one to call, but Laff definitely should of done better

Can't say he will clearly pick up more suspensions, as we do not know that

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

"Feel free to view it on YouTube"... Aye, because I've not seen the celebration already.... To me it's not a simple salute. To compare it to Shearer's celebration is laughable.

So what kind of salute is it?

Bear in mind there is no such thing as a Red Hand of Ulster salute. That is utter nonsense.

Stephen Muddie
25 minutes ago, Haken said:

Thank you for narrowing it down to... well...  Hey, thanks for your response.

You should thank the boys doing that for real pal. 

Stephen Muddie
39 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Think you're missing the point bud. Paper rumour is on a transfer - nothing else. 

The something else was started and perpetuated by *cough* our own supporters :sad:

In addition, your attempt at belittlement by way of putting words in my mouth is wholly transparent. A logical fallacy. 

I'm disappointed that our own are indulging in unnecesary and potentially inaccurate sweetie wife behaviour.  Not once did I infer that jkb posts would have some kind of great effect or power.

It affects our own supporters' opinions. That's all I care about.

:stupid_post:

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Expecting Cole Stockton to be confirmed as a Carlisle player soon. Him and Nowak out today for Hearts. No bids for Kyle Lafferty.

Keep Lafferty, another quality striker and midfielder in must be the desired outcome for everyone. 

I think this is a moment where the bosses should consider what's best for the team and not the club.

We have to have our own ambition on the park and not get drawn into becoming too obsessed with being a "selling club".

We are on a fine run, in the next round of the cup and looking to push up the table.

Lafferty is settled and largely been a success. I'd like to see him stay even if it's just until the summer when we have more time to shape the squad.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

There is no chance Craig Levein and Ann Budge will be discussing a rise in sectarian singing and attributing it to Lafferty's signing and using this as a reason to move him on. Only folk on here are making that mental comparison. 

If there is interest from elsewhere the only discussion they will have will be around money into the club and the impact on the playing squad if he leaves. Simple as that. Anything else is conspiracy theory nonsense.

This guy gets it.

Stephen Muddie
4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So what kind of salute is it?

Bear in mind there is no such thing as a Red Hand of Ulster salute. That is utter nonsense.

Of course there isn't :blink:

I must be quiet, for I clearly don't understand such a complex subject as the massively important arse end of a foreign island.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I think this is a moment where the bosses should consider what's best for the team and not the club.

We have to have our own ambition on the park and not get drawn into becoming too obsessed with being a "selling club".

We are on a fine run, in the next round of the cup and looking to push up the table.

Lafferty is settled and largely been a success. I'd like to see him stay even if it's just until the summer when we have more time to shape the squad.

Absolutely this

Would be madness to sell our top scorer 6 months into his time with us

30 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No he hasn’t.

All he has said is that Sunderland haven’t put a bid in.

That could mean that he has bids from other clubs and that Sunderland have approached Hearts, asked how much it could take for them to let him go, and are considering their options.

If 3 different papers are publishing it, then there’s definitely something going on. 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Keep Lafferty, another quality striker and midfielder in must be the desired outcome for everyone. 

Very much so.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Agree with this 100%

It was also the same with Walker and to an extent Robbie. Lies, Chinese whispers, rumours and deliberate misrepresentation designed to "flame" and destabilise people within the club.  Its deliberate, its malicious and its premeditated.

They will move onto the next target after KL.  

Agreed. It's naive to think this forum can have no affect in the real world.

41 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The DR ran the story of Sunderland’s interest. All the rest of the shite about Lafferty was added by posters on here. Two ITK posters in specific were instrumental in the rumour, conjecture and speculation about KL’s supposed bad influence.

Indeed.

Stephen Muddie
44 minutes ago, siegementality said:

FAO the literally challenged.

:sad:

...a bit disco

CL just refuses to discuss speculation, so I phrased it as: "How desperately do you want to keep Kyle?" to which he replied: "Forgetting about keeping hold of Kyle, we need to get another striker anyway so that's what I'm working on just now."

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

CL just refuses to discuss speculation, so I phrased it as: "How desperately do you want to keep Kyle?" to which he replied: "Forgetting about keeping hold of Kyle, we need to get another striker anyway so that's what I'm working on just now."

Too long in the tooth to fall for that shite Jamie 

Archived