Lafferty targeted by Sunderland

Kendoll

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, BigC said:

No he hasn’t.

All he has said is that Sunderland haven’t put a bid in.

That could mean that he has bids from other clubs and that Sunderland have approached Hearts, asked how much it could take for them to let him go, and are considering their options.

If 3 different papers are publishing it, then there’s definitely something going on. 

Or...or...or....a journo looked on here and claimed an "exclusive" which other papers copied

I take it you don't like Lafferty much?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Too long in the tooth to fall for that shite Jamie 

Borthers should know better.

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Or...or...or....a journo looked on here and claimed an "exclusive" which other papers copied

I take it you don't like Lafferty much?

That couldn't have possibly happened. If you'd actually read the thread I wouldn't need to be telling you that. 

11 minutes ago, BigC said:

No he hasn’t.

All he has said is that Sunderland haven’t put a bid in.

That could mean that he has bids from other clubs and that Sunderland have approached Hearts, asked how much it could take for them to let him go, and are considering their options.

If 3 different papers are publishing it, then there’s definitely something going on. 

but Levein denied Hearts have received an offer from Sunderland for striker Kyle Lafferty.’

As usual it’s all speculation, have Sunderland or any other club been sniffing around? No official word one way or another other than there’s been no offer unfortunately (deliberately?) we don’t get to see the question or are give a verbatim quote.

30 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

You should thank the boys doing that for real pal. 

You have completely lost me.

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Haken said:

You have completely lost me.

You have not read the thread that's why.

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

They can call it what they like but there is no such thing. They do it mainly to wind up celtic fans.

If enough people call it that, then it exists. There's no government department to officially designate these sorts of things.

Interested to know why today (or last night for the pedants amongst us) certain people decided to let slip rumours about KL? The day Sunderland have apparently (another rumour) shown interest? Also what did they hope to achieve? Rhetorical I spose.

Just such a massive coincidence.

25 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

CL just refuses to discuss speculation, so I phrased it as: "How desperately do you want to keep Kyle?" to which he replied: "Forgetting about keeping hold of Kyle, we need to get another striker anyway so that's what I'm working on just now."

Doesn't actually answer the question though, interesting !

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Doesn't actually answer the question though, interesting !

Indeed.

57 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think this is a moment where the bosses should consider what's best for the team and not the club.

We have to have our own ambition on the park and not get drawn into becoming too obsessed with being a "selling club".

We are on a fine run, in the next round of the cup and looking to push up the table.

Lafferty is settled and largely been a success. I'd like to see him stay even if it's just until the summer when we have more time to shape the squad.

If we are to believe Lafferty, and there isn't any reason not to, he is happy and settled here. He's only been here 5 minutes and unless he or his missus are really unhappy where they are living ( wherever that is) I cant see why he'd want to move. Sunderland area vs anywhere decent in Central Scotland to live is a no brainer.

They'd probably pay a bit more money but does that really matter to a guy like Lafferty who's been on more than £20k a week for at least 10 years.

As far as the team are concerned. C'mon we are just beginning to get somewhere and look like a decent squad. If we add one more or 2 more we've a really good chance of Europe and the latter stages of the big cup. Ripping up the whole front end for a few quid with 6 days of the window to go makes no good sense whatsoever unless we are desperate for the cash of course. If it wants to go, we should tell him he needs to wait till summer. I don't believe he wants to go. Its a moot point.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If we are to believe Lafferty, and there isn't any reason not to, he is happy and settled here. He's only been here 5 minutes and unless he or his missus are really unhappy where they are living ( wherever that is) I cant see why he'd want to move. Sunderland area vs anywhere decent in Central Scotland to live is a no brainer.

They'd probably pay a bit more money but does that really matter to a guy like Lafferty who's been on more than £20k a week for at least 10 years.

As far as the team are concerned. C'mon we are just beginning to get somewhere and look like a decent squad. Ripping up the whole front end for a few quid with 6 days of the window to go makes no good sense whatsoever unless we are desperate for the cash of course. If it wants to go, we should tell him he needs to wait till summer. I don't believe he wants to go. Its a moot point.

Solid post mate, totally agree :smile:

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

As far as the team are concerned. C'mon we are just beginning to get somewhere and look like a decent squad. Ripping up the whole front end for a few quid with 6 days of the window to go makes no good sense whatsoever unless we are desperate for the cash of course. If it wants to go, we should tell him he needs to wait till summer. I don't believe he wants to go. Its a moot point.

Totally agree.

He’s been on his travels for a long time now. I’m sure it was mentioned his missus wanted back home to Scotland.

If Hearts are quietly happy to let him go, you can only think something has went on behind the scenes we haven’t heard about.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Totally agree.

He’s been on his travels for a long time now. I’m sure it was mentioned his missus wanted back home to Scotland.

If Hearts are quietly happy to let him go, you can only think something has went on behind the scenes we haven’t heard about.

And if if there is it would be stupid to talk about it, as it would reduce his value and decrease the chance of a move, so we’re not likely to find out

9 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

As far as the team are concerned. C'mon we are just beginning to get somewhere and look like a decent squad. If we add one more or 2 more we've a really good chance of Europe and the latter stages of the big cup. Ripping up the whole front end for a few quid with 6 days of the window to go makes no good sense whatsoever unless we are desperate for the cash of course. If it wants to go, we should tell him he needs to wait till summer. I don't believe he wants to go. Its a moot point.

Whilst I agree with much of your post there would likely be a LOT more money not just a "bit". Thats just the reality. 

Reading between the lines it may be Hearts who are more motivated by this potential move (in my opinion because the hierarchy are non plussed about him as a person) than Lafferty himself but that doesn't impact the fact it would likely be an extremely profitable move for the player, a player who has had well documented addiction issues which will likely have seen his pension take a sizable hit.

Coburg Hearts
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If enough people call it that, then it exists. There's no government department to officially designate these sorts of things.

"The origins of a 'red hand of Ulster salute' or whether such a salute even exists is less clear.

When Rangers fans were investigated by Uefa in 2007 for making what looked like one-armed Nazi salutes in Tel-Aviv, the club said supporters were in fact saluting in support of Ulster loyalism.

However, historian Ian S Wood who has studied loyalism extensively said he had "never seen or heard of anything called a red hand salute".

I think the club (Rangers) would have called it anything to get themselves out of trouble. I would rather go with what a historian says than them.

As a matter of interest, has anyone seen their fans using it in recent years?

My own opinion is that politics and religion have no place at any football club, and certainly not at Hearts. It's why I avoid both subjects on here and I'm not getting dragged in any further.

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

"The origins of a 'red hand of Ulster salute' or whether such a salute even exists is less clear.

When Rangers fans were investigated by Uefa in 2007 for making what looked like one-armed Nazi salutes in Tel-Aviv, the club said supporters were in fact saluting in support of Ulster loyalism.

However, historian Ian S Wood who has studied loyalism extensively said he had "never seen or heard of anything called a red hand salute".

I think the club (Rangers) would have called it anything to get themselves out of trouble. I would rather go with what a historian says than them.

As a matter of interest, has anyone seen their fans using it in recent years?

My own opinion is that politics and religion have no place at any football club, and certainly not at Hearts. It's why I avoid both subjects on here and I'm not getting dragged in any further.

Fair enough. I too agree that politics and religion have no place at any football club.

However, to counter your argument, your historian has no relevance here. This "Red Hand of Ulster salute" is not a historical matter - it is a modern invention.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13129109.Outrage_at__Nazi_salutes__by_soldiers_in_front_of_Union_Flag/

25 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Whilst I agree with much of your post there would likely be a LOT more money not just a "bit". Thats just the reality. 

Reading between the lines it may be Hearts who are more motivated by this potential move (in my opinion because the hierarchy are non plussed about him as a person) than Lafferty himself but that doesn't impact the fact it would likely be an extremely profitable move for the player, a player who has had well documented addiction issues which will likely have seen his pension take a sizable hit.

Yep, certainly another way of looking at it if the club want rid on non football grounds.

HamishMcGonagall
1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So what kind of salute is it?

Bear in mind there is no such thing as a Red Hand of Ulster salute. That is utter nonsense.

I didn't call it a salute.  The poster I was replying to had called it this, I was saying I didn't see it as being as simple as that.

Feels unfair to speculate about the personal stuff when there's every chance this is just all about the money. Why wouldn't it be that simple? 

He earns a decent wedge, maybe we're not sure we get the right level of value for that money from him all the time, and maybe we're willing to consider offers on that basis. Especially if those offers might mean big money for us.

As someone said earlier, they can't all be Cowies and Berras, and much as I like them I'm not sure I'd want them all to be Cowies and Berras either.  There's got to be a place for a bit of (controlled) mischief too, and I'm sure there is in our changing room. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
15 minutes ago, redm said:

Feels unfair to speculate about the personal stuff when there's every chance this is just all about the money. Why wouldn't it be that simple? 

He earns a decent wedge, maybe we're not sure we get the right level of value for that money from him all the time, and maybe we're willing to consider offers on that basis. Especially if those offers might mean big money for us.

As someone said earlier, they can't all be Cowies and Berras, and much as I like them I'm not sure I'd want them all to be Cowies and Berras either.  There's got to be a place for a bit of (controlled) mischief too, and I'm sure there is in our changing room. 

Spot on pal totally agree

23 minutes ago, redm said:

If he picks up 2-3 times the wage at Sunderland and we get £750k fee plus £5k per week off the payroll it’s a good deal for both sides and it’s all about the money. 

2 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Think you're missing the point bud. Paper rumour is on a transfer - nothing else. 

The something else was started and perpetuated by *cough* our own supporters :sad:

In addition, your attempt at belittlement by way of putting words in my mouth is wholly transparent. A logical fallacy. 

I'm disappointed that our own are indulging in unnecesary and potentially inaccurate sweetie wife behaviour.  Not once did I infer that jkb posts would have some kind of great effect or power.

It affects our own supporters' opinions. That's all I care about.

:stupid_post:

There is zero attempt at belittlement from me or indeed putting words in your mouth, I had merely interpreted your post in the wrong manner as it was a bit cryptic and responded accordingly. Not being ITK I have no idea what the peripheral rumours are about Lafferty and I am really not interested. For what it's worth I do think some posters here do have an inflated opinion on the impact of information posted here although I am now fully aware you are not in that camp!

HamishMcGonagall
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

It was a goal celebration. If exactly the same celebration was done against Partick Thistle no-one would have cracked a light. If it was deemed to have been inflammatory, or in any way judged to have been anything that it wasn’t, he would, at the very least, have been charged by the SFA. He wasn’t. It would appear some fans, particularly Hearts fans, are the ones making the most out of it. 

I’ll not Labour the sectarian singing part. It’s been on the go for decades. We now have three Northern Irish players. Should all three be moved on or only Lafferty? Why in particular Lafferty? I’ve never heard him comment on any sectarian signing by Hearts fans let alone condone it. To apportion any blame to KL, when there are others of the same religion and nationality is simply wrong. He cannot and should not be held responsible for the actions of others.

You totally avoided the comments regarding CL. He could equally be accused of being disruptive. As well as what I listed the “natural order” comment resulted in far too much press and media comment, most of which was negative, and brought about a situation that could have been avoided. Negative press brought on the club. I’ve seen no negative press in relation to KL’s behaviour (the press were sympathetic in the way they covered his gambling problem).

The only things I have read in relation to KL being distruptive have been on here.  This has resulted in numerous posters speculating to such an extent that we now have a long list of alleged KL misdemeanours. None of this has of yet proven to be founded. Why supposed Hearts fans would come out with this without evidence is beyond me.  Rumour and speculation abound. Maybe some have just taken attention seeking to a new level.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the celebration.  Seems to be that there's folk on both sides for this particular matter anyhow.

I agree that he shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of others (rise in sectarian singing).  All I'm saying is that we all know how squeaky clean and family friendly Ann wants us to become as a club, therefore it's not too big a jump to think that they would frown upon anything that seems to be taking us away from that and which, unintentionally or not, seems to encourage the sectarian singing (as we don't agree on the celebration, we're not going to agree here either).

I ignored your Levein comments as you brought up him leaving his wife 14 years ago, punching a team-mate 24 years ago and the fact that he enjoys a bet......

At the end of the day, I 'd rather he stayed.  Folk posted little rumours n hints about folk no being happy with him behind the scenes at the club; I suggested a few things that maybe they wouldn't be happy with.  Wasn't trying to start an ongoing argument with anyone.. we all perceive things differently.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

We need to keep KL but with the recent departures i’d test the water with raith and attempt a £200k bid for Lewis Vaughan brilliant movement, finishing, ability and pace 20+ goals scored this season can only make a profit back in 3-4 years from him fantastic prospect laff and Naismith can only improve him.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

If he picks up 2-3 times the wage at Sunderland and we get £750k fee plus £5k per week off the payroll it’s a good deal for both sides and it’s all about the money. 

Not after shifting Isma. And it's not all about the money, I have zero idea why so many froth at the mouth over transfer fees. It's about the team. Lafferty has been professional and done the job asked of him, often with little service.

That side of our game is going to improve and he will easily strike up an understanding once again with Naismith. We have to keep him. 

There is 100% a whispering attack on Lafferty designed to undermine him, quite probably started by the paid section of wibblewibble.net. We shouldn't contribute to it. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

I didn't call it a salute.  The poster I was replying to had called it this, I was saying I didn't see it as being as simple as that.

Fair enough, buddy.

1 hour ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

We need to keep KL but with the recent departures i’d test the water with raith and attempt a £200k bid for Lewis Vaughan brilliant movement, finishing, ability and pace 20+ goals scored this season can only make a profit back in 3-4 years from him fantastic prospect laff and Naismith can only improve him.

You are now talking nonsense about this on two threads. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

This thread is a disgrace. We have been infiltrated by Haters.

596.gif

Spoiler

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Not after shifting Isma. And it's not all about the money, I have zero idea why so many froth at the mouth over transfer fees. It's about the team. Lafferty has been professional and done the job asked of him, often with little service.

That side of our game is going to improve and he will easily strike up an understanding once again with Naismith. We have to keep him. 

There is 100% a whispering attack on Lafferty designed to undermine him, quite probably started by the paid section of wibblewibble.net. We shouldn't contribute to it. 

Well said. Close thread pls mods. 

4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Correct and confirmed by the 100% failure of the vocal "contributors" happy to stoke the fires just yesterday yet now have lost the ability to type. Especially after being called out for it.

Strange eh?

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 minute ago, Jocam2325 said:

You are now talking nonsense about this on two threads. 

I decided it deserved a seperate thread after I posted it. ??

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Fair enough. I too agree that politics and religion have no place at any football club.

However, to counter your argument, your historian has no relevance here. This "Red Hand of Ulster salute" is not a historical matter - it is a modern invention.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13129109.Outrage_at__Nazi_salutes__by_soldiers_in_front_of_Union_Flag/

Fair doos, redjambo. As I said, i've went as far with this as I wish.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Fair doos, redjambo. As I said, i've went as far with this as I wish.

Yeah, me too. :)

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Who is to say you won't be happier in your council house in Bingham?

You’d have much more disposable income though....

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Right. Sunderland are interested and Hearts are willing to listen to offers. We are listening to offers because everyone has a price. There is no desire to sell but if the right offer comes along then Kyle will be asked to make a decision. 

He doesn't want to go anywhere, he is happy here and loves the support from the club and fans. 

And for the record, there is no off field issue. He and Craig are very close. 

stirlingshirejambo
21 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Right. Sunderland are interested and Hearts are willing to listen to offers. We are listening to offers because everyone has a price. There is no desire to sell but if the right offer comes along then Kyle will be asked to make a decision. 

He doesn't want to go anywhere, he is happy here and loves the support from the club and fans. 

Good to hear

hope he’s still here come February 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Good to hear

hope he’s still here come February 

Forgot to add, the clubs are miles apart with the figures being discussed. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

?

Archived