Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, CAR said:

Believe it or not most of them claiming that McLaren is a better signing!

Claiming Naismith hasn't played in nearly a year! (he has been playing in under 23s since returning from injury and just scored 2 goals) He is done in and Norwich fans are celebrating his departure! (well even the Scottish press are saying this probably the best bit of business anyone has done)

So basically they are deluded as ever 

Who? McLaren you say! Just who is he?

According to partyplanners.net he is going to be mince just like "Laugherty" has been.

Oh I hope we destroy them on Sunday!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Yeah I think so.

If we can afford him so can Rangers. 6 months max here. Unless he doesn't do well and nobody wants that.

Hibs.net (2 mins.ago)

"yeah, he'll score a few for them but won't get anywhere near what Stokes and Murray do for us"

:gok:

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still trying to digest this Naismith signing.

That was an intense 2 minutes. Think I’ve used it all up. Time to get some fluids back in me.

92C1B1DC-7514-499F-9023-6821E1BB2025.jpeg

Yer looking a wee bitty pale Pres.

9 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

If we can afford him so can Rangers. 6 months max here. Unless he doesn't do well and nobody wants that.

Rangers might be prepared to pay him as much, or more, but whether they can afford it or not is open to question.

Not quite 'scarf above head'...but it'll do me :D

Hearts ticked all the boxes

Welcome aboard, Steven. May your days be merry and bright, and your first hat trick versus the shite (on Sunday).

55 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Why he decided on Us :) 

Sold on the type of team we are.  He’s properly trolling the zombies, I love this.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Rangers might be prepared to pay him as much, or more, but whether they can afford it or not is open to question.

Of course they can equal what we are paying. Skint or not. 10k a week would price us out and that's chicken feed to them. Enjoy him for the 6 months ?

Still a bit puzzled by that photo of Trump and Strachan.  Hope this isn't fake news!

Anyway, busy for the next few hours but then spending the rest of the day salivating over this.

I love you Dr Budge.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Brilliant news. Hated him when he played against us, which should be a good sign :thumbsup:

Same here, couldn't stand him :laugh:

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I'm hoping he gets dogs abuse from their fans in the games between us, killing off any possible thoughts of a move there in the near future.

Really looking forward to Sunday now.

Was not expecting this sort of January, but football side coming first ahead of new stand now. And even then, we're still not fully bringing in all the money yet. Budge is doing an incredible job balancing all this, Levein too.

Just now, ISMAparty said:

Of course they can equal what we are paying. Skint or not. 10k a week would price us out and that's chicken feed to them. Enjoy him for the 6 months ?

Chicken feed? Interesting take on it. This is a club existing on a hand-to-mouth basis, dependent on soft loans from their own directors to keep the lights on, who even now don’t have a Nomad due to the bonkers state of their finances. (Did they even have their credit facilities restored?)

I quite agree that, if they decide to make a play for him, they may well price us out. But this comes down to their refusal to live within their means, because we all know their fans won’t accept that.

1 hour ago, ISMAparty said:

Here's hoping mate! But if he's a standout he'll be at Rangers.

Please shut up. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Chicken feed? Interesting take on it. This is a club existing on a hand-to-mouth basis, dependent on soft loans from their own directors to keep the lights on, who even now don’t have a Nomad due to the bonkers state of their finances. (Did they even have their credit facilities restored?)

I quite agree that, if they decide to make a play for him, they may well price us out. But this comes down to their refusal to live within their means, because we all know their fans won’t accept that.

Come on, he cant be too positive about it. 

10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Not quite 'scarf above head'...but it'll do me :D

Hearts ticked all the boxes

Welcome aboard, Steven. May your days be merry and bright, and your first hat trick versus the shite (on Sunday).

Scarf above headDT1WCG9W0AAbGGZ.thumb.jpg.a65fb3b0f520e79daa5ff6bf84447284.jpg.c1e83fe820c052bac69c24638e1dce7f.jpg match ball comin your way HHGH

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great news. He has the potential to get maybe 15 goals between now and May. Good luck Steven!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Doc Rob said:

They are and will continue to overspend. The might not pay a transfer fee but if Hearts come to any deal with Norwich to release him the rangers could come in and that would be us out of the running.

10k isn't much, Niko Kranjčar is out of contract at the end of the season. That's at least 20k saved right there and they would have significantly strengthened. 

Just now, ISMAparty said:

They are and will continue to overspend. The might not pay a transfer fee but if Hearts come to any deal with Norwich to release him the rangers could come in and that would be us out of the running.

10k isn't much, Niko Kranjčar is out of contract at the end of the season. That's at least 20k saved right there and they would have significantly strengthened. 

Rangers don't want him, too many of their fans will never forgive him and the current board are unpopular enough without risking that kind of bad reaction from the fans. 

If the board changes, maybe, but I doubt it myself. 

3 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

Aye but you are forgetting the most important thing 

They didn't want him

Apparently 

I believe if areas of the squad were streamlined we may be able to offer somewhere in the region of 10k PW on a permanent deal. It’s about cutting out the deadwood. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Smithee said:

Rangers don't want him, too many of their fans will never forgive him and the current board are unpopular enough without risking that kind of bad reaction from the fans. 

If the board changes, maybe, but I doubt it myself. 

Nah, fans are fickle. They'd soon forget when he started banging them in. Don't think that would stop them

stranraer-jambo
1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

Looks like we are paying him around £7.5k per week. 

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/naismith-arrives-at-hearts-to-secure-loan-move-from-norwich-1-5360522

Hopefully he is worth it. 

On face value, a lot of money. 

However (back of fag packet figures)...

SN is a replacement (and upgrade) on Jamie Walker who may have been on 2.5K to 3K per week.

Leaves 4.5K to 5K to find.

20 weeks X 5000 is 100K.

Fee for JW reported as 350K.

Still leaves 250K in the bank.

All good and affordable :smile:

..or have I missed anything? 

6 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

Nah, fans are fickle. They'd soon forget when he started banging them in. Don't think that would stop them

They would, but the current board aren't brave enough to do it I reckon

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

How long has his contract still to run at Norwich?

18 months I think hence it’s  not so easy to make any deal permanent . It would require some to and fro in negotiation. Norwich would be keen to get rid of the monthly salary so they might be willing to forgo it but then we would have to make a very good offer to Naismith to plug the wages gap. You can see why a deal wasn’t concluded just now as it would have involved a LOT of money up front from us or a commitment to very high wages.

you never know how the next 6 months will pan out, so I think we have done very well to get him on loan for this critical period.

2 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

SN is a replacement (and upgrade) on Jamie Walker who may have been on 2.5K to 3K per week.

20 weeks X 5000 is 100K.

The initial loan payment too. 

Good maths though. All in its probably costing what we got for the snake. 

Decent business if you ask me. Hope he can crack on. 

So we are now 2 hours after the hearts official announcement and dear old Aunty Beeb still can't bring themselves to update the Premier League page. Obviously this loan signing is not very important for Scottish Football.

Typical they update on the Hearts page as I wrote.

Chock full of quality reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42717283

7 minutes ago, stranraer-jambo said:

20 weeks X 5000 is 100K.

Has young Leonard gone to Brighton yet?

That was reported to be around the 350k mark iirc

Riddley Walker

Ya dancer. Fantastic signing.

Anyone still thinking Levein doesn't know the importance of this Sunday? 

Let's ****ing spank them Hearts. Can't wait now.

10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

18 months I think hence it’s  not so easy to make any deal permanent . It would require some to and fro in negotiation. Norwich would be keen to get rid of the monthly salary so they might be willing to forgo it but then we would have to make a very good offer to Naismith to plug the wages gap. You can see why a deal wasn’t concluded just now as it would have involved a LOT of money up front from us or a commitment to very high wages.

you never know how the next 6 months will pan out, so I think we have done very well to get him on loan for this critical period.

Yea, makes sense - those thinking we are getting him fit for Rangers need to remember the number of players who have came through the doors and fell in love.

Sure the fans will have a decent say in where his future lies.

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Took me ages to find the appropriate gif!

5Oaz_f-maxage-0.gif

Took me seconds mate.

MadeupDifficultArizonaalligatorlizard-ma

Archived