Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need the quality midfielder in now. It is all about supply. It is all very well bringing quality front men in but if we are poor in midfield it will not work.

Салатные палочки

Facebook is a delight right now.  Loads of raging huns. "Didnae want him" "past it" "shite"

Utter joy to behold. 

I have no doubt the fact Berra has gone back to being a stalwart of the Scottish National team’s defence since joining Hearts had a big influence on Naismith’s decision. Berra had seven Scotland appearances to Naismith’s two in 2017. Naismith wants more Caps. With Souttar on the rise also I would expect quite a few visits from National team reps in the latter half of this season as they get a dossier together for the EURO 2020 campaign. This is really Naismith and Berra’s last chance to get to a Major tournament finals and good luck to them. Naismith has to play regularly and quickly for starters and of course avoid injury. If he can do so and create and score goals he can do for the Hearts forward line what Berra has done for the defence and has a good chance of turning out and turning  it on for the national side even though he doesn’t play for ‘them twa’ in the West. To have a second experienced home International coming here not for the money or to run down their career but still hungry to play football for their Country is quite something.  If it works out Hearts benefit till the end of this season and there is glimmer of hope for our under achieving National team. I also wouldn’t bet against an International friendly match coming to Tynecastle with the new stand in place.  Hearts might not have been his first choice but it’s the right choice. Just a pity ( for now anyway), it’s a loan only. Win the Scottish cup and we may have enough to keep him. Roll on Sunday.................

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Need the quality midfielder in now. It is all about supply. It is all very well bringing quality front men in but if we are poor in midfield it will not work.

Martin could be that man. Didn't think I'd say that but maybe now we are a better team he might look a better player, Levein's been giving him game time in Spain

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Facebook is a delight right now.  Loads of raging huns. "Didnae want him" "past it" "shite"

Utter joy to behold. 

I was speaking to one of there fans today who told me he is quite possibly his favourite player to have played for them. He is boakin that we have managed to get him and they have been lumbered with a striker that has been found out trying to play at a higher level. 

Son Of Anarchy
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Joy vacuum. :( 

Not the only one. Biggest signing in God knows how long, just before a derby and a few posters appear to be posting through "gritted teeth". Rediculous whilst most of us are dancing around like.......dancy things ? 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

And of course his legendary quote about signing for a club, whose fans cared enough to save their club ?

Can you give me the direct quote from the interview, mate?

21 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

So we are now 2 hours after the hearts official announcement and dear old Aunty Beeb still can't bring themselves to update the Premier League page. Obviously this loan signing is not very important for Scottish Football.

Typical they update on the Hearts page as I wrote.

Chock full of quality reporting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42717283

BBC must have been looking for someone with a log in for Hearts TV:mad:

Total shower of T*ss**s.

Whether Naismith proves to be a success or a complete failure during the next 6 months, this is an outstanding piece of business by the club. 

4 minutes ago, Texaco said:

I have no doubt the fact Berra has gone back to being a stalwart of the Scottish National team’s defence since joining Hearts had a big influence on Naismith’s decision. Berra had seven Scotland appearances to Naismith’s two in 2017. Naismith wants more Caps. With Souttar on the rise also I would expect quite a few visits from National team reps in the latter half of this season as they get a dossier together for the EURO 2020 campaign. This is really Naismith and Berra’s last chance to get to a Major tournament finals and good luck to them. Naismith has to play regularly and quickly for starters and of course avoid injury. If he can do so and create and score goals he can do for the Hearts forward line what Berra has done for the defence and has a good chance of turning out and turning  it on for the national side even though he doesn’t play for ‘them twa’ in the West. To have a second experienced home International coming here not for the money or to run down their career but still hungry to play football for their Country is quite something.  If it works out Hearts benefit till the end of this season and there is glimmer of hope for our under achieving National team. I also wouldn’t bet against an International friendly match coming to Tynecastle with the new stand in place.  Hearts might not have been his first choice but it’s the right choice. Just a pity ( for now anyway), it’s a loan only. Win the Scottish cup and we may have enough to keep him. Roll on Sunday.................

Scotland’s manager and assistant likely to be...

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Was'nt him, Tic fan on twitter being an a**e.

About right though^_^

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Martin could be that man. Didn't think I'd say that but maybe now we are a better team he might look a better player, Levein's been giving him game time in Spain

I agree. In a better balanced team he could be the play maker we need. His vision and speed of one two football is only lacked by his team mates not seeing it as fast as him. Let's bring on Sunday!!

34 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Excellent news, excellent signing and above all quality over quantity!

Spot on, the sign of a team going in the right direction with a plan . You know your in trouble when you bring in 5 or 6 players in January. 

1 hour ago, ISMAparty said:

If we can afford him so can Rangers. 6 months max here. Unless he doesn't do well and nobody wants that.

Half empty glass kind of guy aren’t you ? Can’t you just enjoy the news and having a player of this standard given what we went through and where we are now ? Unbelievable 

Neverforgetfiveone
32 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The initial loan payment too. 

Good maths though. All in its probably costing what we got for the snake. 

Decent business if you ask me. Hope he can crack on. 

Furthermore, if he's a success and I sincerely hope that he is, then more bums on seats :)

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

that particular quote was fake news - a Celtic fan on twitter winding up the Rangers fans

15 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Not the only one. Biggest signing in God knows how long, just before a derby and a few posters appear to be posting through "gritted teeth". Rediculous whilst most of us are dancing around like.......dancy things...in maximum dance mode ? 

4 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

I agree. In a better balanced team he could be the play maker we need. His vision and speed of one two football is only lacked by his team mates not seeing it as fast as him. Let's bring on Sunday!!

I’ve been saying this for ages. Massively let down by his team mates. He’s got better vision than anyone else in the team. Probably why leveins leaving him out so we don’t hate him before it’s too late! 

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

Levein is building something impressive, very impressive indeed.

:spoton:

7 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

I don't agree. In my opinion, a good player is a good player in any team. 

17 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No... Because it's completely fictional, but in an age of fake news, who cares ?

Adaptation of the old Jimmy Cant song:

Berra at the back

said 'everyone attack'

And it turned into a

Naismith blitz..

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Swap the last line to

”Harry Cochrane and Don Cowie and Kyle Lafferty”

winner ?

lol - my point was to get Naismith in the song... But still a go-er :)

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Adaptation of the old Jimmy Cant song:

Berra at the back

said 'everyone attack'

And it turned into a

Naismith blitz..

Berra at the back

Said every ***** attack

And it turned oot

A Naisy blitz.. Naisy blitz..

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Berra at the back

Said every ***** attack

And it turned oot

A Naisy blitz.. Naisy blitz..

:thumb:

Son Of Anarchy
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Glow sticks, Billie Piper poster and "I think we're alone now" blasting full volume ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Half empty glass kind of guy aren’t you ? Can’t you just enjoy the news and having a player of this standard given what we went through and where we are now ? Unbelievable 

I just think we've missed a trick by not pushing for an option to buy while we had the chance. Having Berra at the back and Naismith up front for the next 3 years would have set up up for a great future in the medium term and we could have built a really strong team around them. After 6 months we're back to square one.

Haven’t been this excited about signing a player for about 20 years!

Well done Hearts, lets get it right round this lot on Sunday!

10 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I’ve been saying this for ages. Massively let down by his team mates. He’s got better vision than anyone else in the team. Probably why leveins leaving him out so we don’t hate him before it’s too late! 

Think this is the first reply I have ever had that wasn't someone bashing the shit out my comments lol!! Just needs the right role in #10 without having to chase everything down, leave that to the wingers and holding mid. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

That ISMAparty reeks of being a Sevco fan.

That's it Greedy. You caught me.

Anyway looking forward to Naismith tearing Hibs defence a new one on Sunday ?

7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I have always thought Martin has the potential to be more than decent, and given that we don’t have a lot of creative midfielders I’ve been surprised at his lack of game time. I could well believe that Levein has left him out on purpose until he has steadied the ship, in the knowledge that he would have got pelters if he played and was disappointing. I guess we will find out.

3 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

I just think we've missed a trick by not pushing for an option to buy while we had the chance. Having Berra at the back and Naismith up front for the next 3 years would have set up up for a great future in the medium term and we could have built a really strong team around them. After 6 months we're back to square one.

If you're a Hearts fan,  I'm Billie Piper.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

I have always thought Martin has the potential to be more than decent, and given that we don’t have a lot of creative midfielders I’ve been surprised at his lack of game time. I could well believe that Levein has left him out on purpose until he has steadied the ship, in the knowledge that he would have got pelters if he played and was disappointing. I guess we will find out.

Guess we will find out! He may also be absolutely dross. He definitely fitted the style of cathros intended play but was the worst player for the team cathro actually built 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Victorian said:

If you're a Hearts fan,  I'm Billie Piper.

Hi Billie ;)

Because I'm gutted we can't get him on a permanent deal I'm not a Hearts fans? Strange logic.

Archived