Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Guess The Crowd
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

You mean the the west coast born ex Rangers player?  

Wonder why he’s downbeat?

I actually think he speaks well (and of course there's always that Bayern Munich goal),,,,,

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

£2.10 before 6pm. So theoretically it would've been £3.10 before wee Aggie got oot, but I always round it down cos I'm good like that ?

Heart of gold.

10 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Not sure I agree with this reasoning. If Steven's only thought was money then Rangers might well be in the driving seat, but he has already shown that money is not his main motivation.

If it was, he wouldn't be here now, never mind next season. 

If he sees his future in a coaching/manager role, then what better place to learn the ropes than here, with our 5 Star facilities and the cream of Scottish youth? Add to that the pull of Craig Levein and our coaching staff, and there is not a another team in Scotland which comes close to ticking all the boxes like we do. 

Naismith is a very intelligent guy and will not put £ signs before his future ambition and happiness. So while I'm not saying he will be here next season, I wouldn't rule it out by a long chalk.

Listen to his interview on heartstv Talks about him , his motivation for coming to us and says a lot about his character

22 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Seriously if sevco had had made the signing, BBC cameras would have been there. Joke

True

Mind you, It was probably a shock to most people that we pulled it off. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Not the only one. Biggest signing in God knows how long, just before a derby and a few posters appear to be posting through "gritted teeth". Rediculous whilst most of us are dancing around like.......dancy things ? 

:HeartsMandance::HeartsMandance::HeartsMandance::HeartsMandance:

6 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

True

Mind you, It was probably a shock to most people that we pulled it off. 

Surely the perfect reason for them to be there for pictures, video and an interview. Big news for Scotland but sadly not enough for the BBC

17 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Iain Ferguson is alright. Good player actually 

I'll never forget that night he just about ripped the net out against Bayern. That's one iconic Tynecastle moment. An absolute howitzer 

Aye, took one step up as well.  I think the fact he stood over the ball, rather than take a run up, might have fooled the Bayern goalie into thinking he was going to put a cross in, rather than have a shot.  It was some strike though! 

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

I actually think he speaks well (and of course there's always that Bayern Munich goal),,,,,

No no problem with him but it may explain why he couldn’t come over as enthusiastic about the signing..

Just had an outstanding bit of apple pie and ice cream.    Only the 3rd best thing about today though.    Well behind this MAJOR COO signing and the JOBZILLA I gave birth to just beforehand.

:jjyay:

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Aye, took one step up as well.  I think the fact he stood over the ball, rather than take a run up, might have fooled the Bayern goalie into thinking he was going to put a cross in, rather than have a shot.  It was some strike though! 

It was a missile. That was a top top goalie the lad Raimond Aumann and he was clutching at thin air   

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just had an outstanding bit of apple pie and ice cream.    Only the 3rd best thing about today though.    Well behind this MAJOR COO signing and the JOBZILLA I gave birth to just beforehand.

Clarty animal.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I'm tucking into a nice celebration dinner.  Roast leg of lamb (very succulent, I  must say!) washed down with a nice bottle of Rioja (treated myself to a Gran Reserva as I was in a buoyant mood.

HamishMcGonagall
37 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Iain Ferguson

I'm not listening but I'm guessing it's Derek Ferguson and not Iain?

9 minutes ago, RobNox said:

One of those Hearts goals you don’t have to watch to remember...similar to robbo’s shinner v Atletico 

2 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

You’re guessing wrong.

Its definitely Iain Ferguson.

Coburg Hearts
56 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Makes his debut at the weekend we could have a Naisy Sunday Afternoon?

Eh, eh?

Lazy Sunday Afternoon, you say?:smile:

Goldstone Wonder
2 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Definitely wasn’t Derek mangling the English language. I thought I’d heard someone call him Kenny so thought it was Kenny Black. However he definitely played for Rangers and Hearts so Iain Ferguson it must have been. 

Guess The Crowd
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

No no problem with him but it may explain why he couldn’t come over as enthusiastic about the signing..

Well, he did mention he did some work at Ibrox on match days.

But he also referred to Hearts now having a good mix of old and young players, and how that was similar to the era of MacDonald, Jardine, Robbo, Gary MacKay, etc..

With very few exceptions, anyone who played for Hearts in the 80s is all right with me

4 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Na wasnt Derek slaverin away

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm tucking into a nice celebration dinner.  Roast leg of lamb (very succulent, I  must say!) washed down with a nice bottle of Rioja (treated myself to a Gran Reserva as I was in a buoyant mood.

Merlot and Tagliatelle with small chunks long slow fried back bacon, cauliflower peppers, corn, chilli flakes Parmesan and creme fraiche 

trying to to avoid thinking about Victorian’s log blogs

2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Well, he did mention he did some work at Ibrox on match days.

But he also referred to Hearts now having a good mix of old and young players, and how that was similar to the era of MacDonald, Jardine, Robbo, Gary MacKay, etc..

With very few exceptions, anyone who played for Hearts in the 80s is all right with me

Iain Ferguson was quite complimentary about us tbh.

John mcCartney

tell you what,it shines through in every morsel of their reporting of todays signing on that ****ing bbc site of how sycophantic they are

utter wankers (apart from tom english i suppose,although i dont know if hes commented on today)

ftbbc
ftsfa
fta

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Merlot and Tagliatelle with small chunks long slow fried back bacon, cauliflower peppers, corn, chilli flakes Parmesan and creme fraiche 

trying to to avoid thinking about Victorian’s log blogs

Always worth sharing the good news.    

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's a baldy, four eyed Hibs prick. 

To be clear I am also a wee bit challenged in the hair department, and sometimes wear Gregory Pecks but you get my drift.

Ah, but you're a baldy, four eyed Jambo legend Jonno :)

Guess The Crowd

On Iain Ferguson, I also recall a brilliant goal he scored against Hearts before joining us, from just over the halfway line at Tannadice for Dundee Utd in a 3-1 win for them (about 1987).

Very talented player, though a bit lazy

It should have been ten
46 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Waiting and hoping for full time Sunday

Ah right enough :laugh:

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

That's uncanny Coburg, I even split into 4 as an encore :lol:

:lol::thumbsup:

Iain Ferguson of Bayern legend is a used car salesman these days. Again underlines the epic gulf in wages from his playing days. So not sure if that’s who was on the radio as wasn’t aware he did that....!  

Was it not Ian Ferguson, ex Rangers?

There was also a 3rd Ian Ferguson who scored a few good goals for us including that reeker in front of the shed against the vermin back on Jan 1st 1992.

2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

I recall a brilliant goal he scored against Hearts before joining us, from just over the halfway line at Tannadice for Dundee Utd in a 3-1 win for them (about 1987).

We bought him to replace Robbo, was never going to fill the great man's boots, but did well for us.

Then of course we got Robbo back.  In fact, was it not just after the Bayern victory that we announced Robbo was returning?

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

A magnificent signing. Not only have we got a top quality player but one who will

no doubt bring the best out of Lafferty. 

Moist with anticipation about these two together!

3 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

On Iain Ferguson, I also recall a brilliant goal he scored against Hearts before joining us, from just over the halfway line at Tannadice for Dundee Utd in a 3-1 win for them (about 1987).

Literally just saw that when was googling his Bayern goal....was the 86-87 season.

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We bought him to replace Robbo, was never going to fill the great man's boots, but did well for us.

Then of course we got Robbo back.  In fact, was it not just after the Bayern victory that we announced Robbo was returning?

Same season, but Robbo's return was announced the night we beat Velez Mostar (I think) in November 88. The Bayern game was the end of February 89

Coburg Hearts
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Listen to his interview on heartstv Talks about him , his motivation for coming to us and says a lot about his character

Saw it earlier. Well spoken and a very good interview.

Guess The Crowd
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Literally just saw that when was googling his Bayern goal....was the 86-87 season.

Didn't realise it was online, or even that the game was televised. I was at the game, one of these goals that sticks in your mind

(maybe even a candidate for the 'clapping an opposition goal' thread)

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yep. Didn’t play together that often but he was part of the build up to Robbo’s first goal on his return to Tynie. Also hits anothe cracking free kick in these highlights. Didn’t have much pace about him but struck a very clean football. 

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Saw it earlier. Well spoken and a very good interview.

Very and the simple fact he called Craig the gaffer when talking about what Ann and him have done said a lot to me...

12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I remember my mate telling me he was on the team flight and the game I think was in the former Yugoslavia (Mostar) after the game in the bar they were having a few sherries when the news came through that we had resigned Robbo, Fergie as he was called was not a happy bunny and stormed away to his room.

The other thing that I remember was 'Fergie' missing an absolute sitter under the bar against Bologna and the fans were raging as we were suffering Joe Jordan's fantastic blend of football on how to defend a 3-1 win, he ran behind the goals and flicked the vickies to the Hearts fans behind the goals, never forgiven ya .

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Didn't realise it was online, or even that the game was televised. I was at the game, one of these goals that sticks in your mind

(maybe even a candidate for the 'clapping an opposition goal' thread)

Yeah not sure I’ve ever seen it before. We were actually 1 up but lost 3 goals to a still talented Utd side in the last 10 minutes. There was nearly 12,000 there for a midweek game which whilst way below the 20,000 at the famous 3-0 win the previous season just shows the drop off in crowds for Utd. 

The Future's Maroon
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wowser, not only is it factually wrong...the twat took time out to make it and post it online.

58 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Iain Ferguson is alright. Good player actually 

I'll never forget that night he just about ripped the net out against Bayern. That's one iconic Tynecastle moment. An absolute howitzer 

Never mind IF.

What's your view of today's signing?  That's the real topic.

HamishMcGonagall
24 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You’re guessing wrong.

Its definitely Iain Ferguson.

Apologies!! What a tit...?.  Had never heard of Iain being on the radio!  But I never really listen to it, just usually see derek's name mentioned on here sometimes when folk mention the show on BBC radio so came to the wrong conclusion.  Keep my massive beak well n truly out next time!

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's a baldy, four eyed Hibs prick. 

To be clear I am also a wee bit challenged in the hair department, and sometimes wear Gregory Pecks but you get my drift.

Of the BBC sport presenters, he’s the least objectionable. Can’t stand David Currie, hes such a snidey, smug, shitebag. Jonathan Sutherland is similar

19 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Iain Ferguson of Bayern legend is a used car salesman these days. Again underlines the epic gulf in wages from his playing days. So not sure if that’s who was on the radio as wasn’t aware he did that....!  

Was it not Ian Ferguson, ex Rangers?

There was also a 3rd Ian Ferguson who scored a few good goals for us including that reeker in front of the shed against the vermin back on Jan 1st 1992.

Nah it was Iain ex of Dundee, Rangers, us, Motherwell etc.  Talked about his Motherwell days 

Archived