The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

The Future's Maroon
7 hours ago, Bigkyle said:

Are you on drugs?

Nice intelligent reply.

2 hours ago, Bigkyle said:

I appreciate passing on info and rumours. Charlie Adam played with stoke the other night. David Gray has a broken ankle.or something. Stevie may playing with Aberdeen every week. Steven Fletcher on ridic wages. There's rumours and theres nonsense 

I don't want to come across arsey but Charlie Adam WAS someone we tried to get, I would go as far as saying he was the 'f...kin top notch' midfielder others mentioned.

I think I said in my original post that I laughed myself at a few of the names when told, but again I will say 'if you don't ask you don't get'.

Look at the guy Killie got...bet an itk Killie fan got ridiculed when they mentioned him going to Rugby Park?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Nice intelligent reply.

I don't want to come across arsey but Charlie Adam WAS someone we tried to get, I would go as far as saying he was the 'f...kin top notch' midfielder others mentioned.

I think I said in my original post that I laughed myself at a few of the names when told, but again I will say 'if you don't ask you don't get'.

Look at the guy Killie got...bet an itk Killie fan got ridiculed when they mentioned him going to Rugby Park?

What's more astounding mate is the shock factor some people have....What planet are THEY on?

If they stopped and looked at their current team for evidence they'll see players who weren't so long ago playing higher level football and internationalists.

You can also look back over history at the players who have come to Scotland in their latter years looking for a game. And not jus to the old firm.

I don't know how many times it has to be explained that all players have a shelf life at the top end of the game and it's no big shock to see them take a wage cut just to get a first team game elsewhere to keep enjoying what they're doing.

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

What's more astounding mate is the shock factor some people have....What planet are THEY on?

If they stopped and looked at their current team for evidence they'll see players who weren't so long ago playing higher level football and internationalists.

You can also look back over history at the players who have come to Scotland in their latter years looking for a game. And not jus to the old firm.

I don't know how many times it has to be explained that all players have a shelf life at the top end of the game and it's no big shock to see them take a wage cut just to get a first team game elsewhere to keep enjoying what they're doing.

Wo wo wo.....far to sensible for some on here.

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

How dare you do sensible , Caniggia , Ravanelli , Keane , Ljunberg , Victor , Djemba-Djemba , Fyssas all came here at the end of their careers. Thats St Mirren , Dundee , Celtic and one for us. Then add in Best for the hobos and Baltacha for the Farmers... 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

There is however just cause they are playing etc does not make it nonsense. Adam prob would of been able to leave had the manager not changed. May is not a shoe in at Aberdeen every week. Naismith is on ridic wages. Because Gray has a broken ankle now does not mean he wasnt looked at or enquired about prior to jan 1st. We dont wale up then and say ooo who will we try and get....

TFM has a proven track record of info as do a few others. If your going to join and be flippant either know your info or know your punters preferably both. Otherwise welcome

???

Factor in the fact that we are heavily overweighted with right backs, no way we enquired about David Gray.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

How dare you do sensible , Caniggia , Ravanelli , Keane , Ljunberg , Victor , Djemba-Djemba , Fyssas all came here at the end of their careers. Thats St Mirren , Dundee , Celtic and one for us. Then add in Best for the hobos and Baltacha for the Farmers... 

Pasquale Bruno 

Gilles Rousset 

Edgaras Jankauskas 

Sandy Jardine 

Stefano Salvatori 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

There is however just cause they are playing etc does not make it nonsense. Adam prob would of been able to leave had the manager not changed. May is not a shoe in at Aberdeen every week. Naismith is on ridic wages. Because Gray has a broken ankle now does not mean he wasnt looked at or enquired about prior to jan 1st. We dont wale up then and say ooo who will we try and get....

TFM has a proven track record of info as do a few others. If your going to join and be flippant either know your info or know your punters preferably both. Otherwise welcome

???

So we can't get these people and they're out of our league. Yet when that Haber story came out, WTF was the response on here. Aim high, set the standard and raise the bar on the quality we now want at the magnificent - once people realise that we are aspiring to be better than we are then they want to play their part, a la Naismith etc.

I, for one, would rather here we were after these people and tried to get them than be content that Haber and his like are what we should settle for. 

The Future's Maroon
18 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

Factor in the fact that we are heavily overweighted with right backs, no way we enquired about David Gray.

In December we did, Hibs have enquired about some of our players....we as fans say no danger, football clubs don't think like fans!

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Nice intelligent reply.

I heard he was the midfield target as well. No idea how true it was but I think we enquired 

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

:thumbsup: 

8 hours ago, Bigkyle said:

Are you on drugs?

6 hours ago, Haken said:

Way to go in making with friends and influencing people, newbie.

3 hours ago, sadj said:

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

but to come on here with your 19 posts and call out a respected poster...

Know your place newbie, how dare you challenge someone with your stinking low post count

Bet you haven't even posted a James Van Der Beek emoji yet

Obvs not a PHM

14 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Know your place newbie, how dare you challenge someone with your stinking low post count

Bet you haven't even posted a James Van Der Beek emoji yet

Obvs not a PHM

:sob:

57 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

Why does it matter to you?

On 01/02/2018 at 04:25, The Future's Maroon said:

Window closed, we are not done yet though.

So now I will put my neck on the line....Names I was told we at least enquired about which obviously haven't happened, but we either tried or at least asked which I will now say...

Mcgeogh, Gray, Murray (yes Hibs), May (Aberdeen).

Cadden, Sow, Steven Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Scott Allan.

A couple of youngsters from Newcastle one foreign, one English...both strikers. Someone Hollander, I think from West Ham.

Even a cheeky enquiry about Adam King not that that was likely.

We tried, things changed over last few days.

As said at start, we are not finished just yet...

i await the the backlash from this post, I also hope a couple of the ITK'er folk back me up.

Those names have all been mentioned to me since mid December.

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Charlie Adam would have been a phenomenal signing. His range of passing and set piece play is world class. 

He is the quality midfielder I mentioned. He isn't the "Levien will become a hero" one though. That was a poster who's is obsessed with a former liverpool striker we had on loans star man.

south morocco
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Charlie Adam would have been a phenomenal signing. His range of passing and set piece play is world class. 

Cruyff was world class, Charlie Adam, Im not so sure.....

On 31/01/2018 at 22:23, stranraer-jambo said:

Rewind clip?

Unfortunately you cant rewind SkyGo,,,, I dont think so anyway

The Future's Maroon
31 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Those names have all been mentioned to me since mid December.

Thanks Daz, we all know you are in the know and you just confirmed I wasn't talking pish.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Thanks Daz, we all know you are in the know and you just confirmed I wasn't talking pish.

Likewise

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Likewise

Any news on a potential free agent joining?

37 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Cruyff was world class, Charlie Adam, Im not so sure.....

Never said Adam is world class, said his passing range and set pieces were and are as good as you're likely to see. 

south morocco
7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Never said Adam is world class, said his passing range and set pieces were and are as good as you're likely to see. 

No bother mate, I just disagree. I don't think anything about Charlie Adams game merit world class,thats all. 

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

No bother mate, I just disagree. I don't think anything about Charlie Adams game merit world class,thats all. 

Fair do's man, regardless of that, he'd be a top player at our level. :thumbsup:

south morocco
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair do's man, regardless of that, he'd be a top player at our level. :thumbsup:

He would, be great to see him at hearts !

5 hours ago, Pagey said:

So we can't get these people and they're out of our league. Yet when that Haber story came out, WTF was the response on here. Aim high, set the standard and raise the bar on the quality we now want at the magnificent - once people realise that we are aspiring to be better than we are then they want to play their part, a la Naismith etc.

I, for one, would rather here we were after these people and tried to get them than be content that Haber and his like are what we should settle for. 

No idea what your point was in the first part. Im not saying we should settle for Haber however he has qualities that could work in our team if he stayed injury free. He is not of a Laff level but if Laff left he might be a suitable replacement til summer. We can’t afford to have a team of Naismiths and Berras however we can get a balance between quality , workmanlike and promising youngsters.

we tried to bring in hood quality players in a difficult window and personally I think the business we did was very good and we need to then move on from there in the summer.

6 hours ago, sadj said:

No idea what your point was in the first part. Im not saying we should settle for Haber however he has qualities that could work in our team if he stayed injury free. He is not of a Laff level but if Laff left he might be a suitable replacement til summer. We can’t afford to have a team of Naismiths and Berras however we can get a balance between quality , workmanlike and promising youngsters.

we tried to bring in hood quality players in a difficult window and personally I think the business we did was very good and we need to then move on from there in the summer.

My point was 100% agreeing with you - what is going to improve the team is what we need, whoever they are. This window was a success and so will the next one need to be with the loanees etc we have. Progress.

14 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

In December we did, Hibs have enquired about some of our players....we as fans say no danger, football clubs don't think like fans!

I never said anything about him playing for Hibs. We already have THREE right backs, there's no way that was an area of the team we were looking to add to.

rudi must stay
23 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/souleymane-coulibaly/profil/spieler/177185

I've said it before, can't believe Coulibaly has gone from being a million pound player at Killie to unattached and we aren't looking at him. Has a real spark about him, still young, worth a decent amount, needs a club to settle at, knows the Scottish game.

Ticksall the right boxes IMO.

He's hit or miss but worth a punt on a free. 

3 hours ago, Pagey said:

My point was 100% agreeing with you - what is going to improve the team is what we need, whoever they are. This window was a success and so will the next one need to be with the loanees etc we have. Progress.

No bother apologies

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Missed this one last year. What. A. Goal

https://youtu.be/TFvN5IFBFLk

Reminds me of the Bordeaux goal at Tynecastle!

He can be hit or miss but think if he settles at a club he could be special. Would love to see him uptop with Naismith and Lafferty!

Arthur Morgan

I would love for us to sign Coulibaly. He's an exciting player, capable of brilliance. He's similar to Isma but better.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

I would love for us to sign Coulibaly. He's an exciting player, capable of brilliance. He's similar to Isma but better.

Looks like he's in better shape as well

Dundee have just signed Steven Caulker on a 18 month deal.

cracking bit of business still only 26. Should do well up here.

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

That is a good bit of business!

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Really good signing that, would have taken him at hearts in a back three

He would have been a good signing for Dundee to the end if the season but to secure him for next season too appears a great bit of business.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Belter of a signing if he stays fit & IIRC he had off the field issues? Hopefully they are solved too.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Gav M said:

now that's what you call a MAR-KEE signing for Dundee. could be a fantastic piece of business.

Wouldn't go that far. He's a good centre back, but I don't remember him being a leader at the back, and his confidence won't be that high. May take a while before they see the best of him

scott herbertson

You can be sure if he was signing for us some of the talk would be about his issues with mental illness gambling and alcohol.  

Best of luck to him, would be good if he can be a role model for recovery, and brave of Dundee to give him the chance.

On 02/02/2018 at 23:43, south morocco said:

Agreed 

On 02/02/2018 at 23:46, Cruyff Turn said:

I wasn't so convinced until I started comparing him to Baggio, I do kind of think he would fit us well for a fat lad. Having said that I'm pretty sure he's said he wants to play for dundee before he retires so I don't think we'll see him in maroon. 

Archived